ACC discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
    REQUESTED TO STAGGER THE SUSPENSIONS...AND APPROVED?!?

OK.
    LOLLL
    Yup. It was self reported, and only a secondary violation, so I won't bitch too much... Just more fodder for those that believe that NC will always get off easy from the NCAA though.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

UNC clearly has some dirt on the NCAA
      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Power move here: Today, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FSU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FSU</a> signed a multi-year agreement to host a portion of its preseason practices at IMG Academy. By establishing IMG as a preseason location in future years, FSU is now able to publicize the activity &amp; invite media to cover practices at the location.</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1028056287546945537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2018</a></blockquote

That... seems like a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Power move here: Today, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FSU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FSU</a> signed a multi-year agreement to host a portion of its preseason practices at IMG Academy. By establishing IMG as a preseason location in future years, FSU is now able to publicize the activity &amp; invite media to cover practices at the location.</p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1028056287546945537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2018</a></blockquote

That... seems like a big deal.
          This really sucks for soooo many reasons
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Florida State's awful season (5-7) this year has been attributed in large part to their porous and ineffective Offensive Line. One win was over a FCS team. A thirty-six year bowl streak has come to an end in Willie Taggart's first season. The combined point differential in losses to Clemson, Florida and Notre Dame was one hundred points.

FSU was last in the conference in:
            - Rushing Offense (2.69 yds/carry)
            - First downs (16.5 per game)
            - Third down conversions
            - Tackles for loss allowed

and second to last (to L'ville) in
            - total offense
            - sacks allowed
            - red zone conversions

FSU was last in the conference in Turnover Margin.

Three Offensive linemen are out of eligibility. Six more are eligible for the Draft. Four of those six are listed as second string to the current bad offensive linemen. How many of those remain at FSU is not clear yet.

Help does not seem to be on its way. Their 2018 class include three OL commits. The two OTs were ranked as 29th and 57th at their position. The OG was ranked as 14th. The 2019 class has one offensive lineman at this time, an OG ranked sixth. Three other OL prospects have FSU in their final group, usually comprised of Alabama, Florida or Miami, etc. Only one, a highly rated (#6) OG, has crystal balls to FSU.
            Last edited by Legacy; 12-04-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Just in case you weren't sure if fsu is a trash-ass university that would do *anything* to have football success:

Report: Ex-Florida State Offensive Lineman Josh Ball Attempting to Re-Enroll After Suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                Just in case you weren't sure if fsu is a trash-ass university that would do *anything* to have football success:

Report: Ex-Florida State Offensive Lineman Josh Ball Attempting to Re-Enroll After Suspension
                Obviously Willie didn't have the "Don't Hit Women" Rule posted like Charlie Strong did at louisville.

Comment

Don't care for Clemson, but I found this amusing:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...b-stunt-double

Swinney knew that the media would want to talk to QB Lawrence for the ACC Kickoff media event, but Swinney has a policy of not allowing any players attend unless they're upperclassmen set to graduate. Instead of having Lawrence show up, he had Offensive Guard John Simpson wear a blond wig and pretend to be Lawrence. Of course this pissed off the media and fans, but I thought it was funny:

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                    Don't care for Clemson, but I found this amusing:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...b-stunt-double

Swinney knew that the media would want to talk to QB Lawrence for the ACC Kickoff media event, but Swinney has a policy of not allowing any players attend unless they're upperclassmen set to graduate. Instead of having Lawrence show up, he had Offensive Guard John Simpson wear a blond wig and pretend to be Lawrence. Of course this pissed off the media and fans, but I thought it was funny:

Agree that's funny; media days are so monotonous IMO, have a damn sense of humor.
                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Happy Swinney is sticking to his policy and not giving into the media just because his sophomore is a phenom.
                      I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Yeah, it's nice that they're only giving the privilege to players set to graduate. It's a nice focus on academics that you don't always see from football factories.

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                          Yeah, it's nice that they're only giving the privilege to players set to graduate. It's a nice focus on academics that you don't always see from football factories.
                          I may be naive but I get the sense Clemson does things a little differently than a lot of the other “football factory” programs (SEC powers, FSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc).
                          There was a lot of talk in that Athletic story this week, the one about their coaches visiting ND, about recruiting for fit and character and building a culture. Some of their players (I’m thinking of Christian Wilkins) seem like pretty thoughtful and impressive young men. Some of the stuff I’ve read about Swinney and the way they’ve kept their assistants so long.
                          They have a way of doing things and it seems to work. So good for them. Hopefully they can maintain that culture amid success, which is often harder than when you’re trying to attain success in the first place.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: Duke athletic director Kevin White has announced he&#39;s retiring in August.</p>&mdash; Nicole Auerbach �� (@NicoleAuerbach) <a href="https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1350164561714933760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2021</a></blockquote>

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Former FSU star Tamorrion Terry indicted in murder case

Comment

Venables just got a little richer. Highest paid asst in CFB.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/1...llege-football

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/north-...-19-169646839/

The traveling party for NC State Athletics away games this fall will be limited to vaccinated players, coaches and staff, or those with exception from the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity, as originally reported by Technician Sports and confirmed to Pack Pride.

An NC State spokesperson told Pack Pride that the policy is as follows:

"At the discretion of the athletic department, will be limited in ability to travel with the team.

"How it is currently being applied for Fall sports is that we are limiting travel to those who are vaccinated or those who have an exception from OIED."

The Wolfpack football team will start it’s season at home, but travel the following weekend to Starkville, Miss. for a meeting with Mississippi State. As far as vaccinations go, NC State head coach Dave Doeren spoke about the team’s vaccinations last month at the ACC Football Kickoff.

“We’ve talked one-on-one with several of the players,” Doeren said. “My job is to help these young men grow, help these guys compete, put them in the best places they can be and keep them as safe as I can keep them...Where we’re at numbers wise, we’re going to be in a good place. I don’t know where our exact percentage is today, but I feel comfortable with where we’re headed.

“Guys have to make decisions for themselves. I just want to know why they’re making those decisions, and I can help them get the info to make the right ones for them and protect us, protect our team, but ultimately make them feel good about the decisions they’ve made.”

And while there has been no official announcement of team vaccination status from NC State, sources have informed Pack Pride that over 90 percent of the Wolfpack’s playing roster is vaccinated to date.

NC State has yet to announce any formal vaccination or negative test requirements for fans at Carter-Finley Stadium this fall, but other schools across the country have. Louisiana State University announced earlier this week that all fans in the stadium for games will need either proof of vaccination or a negative test.
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

I bet if you're a top player and not vaccinated, you'll get an exception.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X