Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEC Open Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

    Its really not though and Bish was painting high shool age kids with a VEEERRRRYYYY broad brush. Who are we to judge this kid let alone the others who have to sort through these OPPORTUNITIES to succeed. I have a ton of people advising me much like I'd think these kids do as well be it their friends, girlfriends, parents, coaches, scouts, trainers etc... Truth is outside of message board speculation and chest thumping we know nothing about this kid or others making these types of decisions.
    I don't see how you can compare the two, but as you say outside of message board speculation we know nothing, which is true. That in itself nullifies your comparison of him and you/job.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

      I don't see how you can compare the two, but as you say outside of message board speculation we know nothing, which is true. That in itself nullifies your comparison of him and you/job.
      If thats true then it nullifies anyone else take on this matter so what does it matter. Its simply a decision no matter how you cut it.....eyeroll.....but you are right im wrong lol. ok whatever. I hope the kid(s) make good decisions and arent bastardized by judgmental internet chest thumpers.
      Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 09-29-2021, 12:30 PM.
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

        If thats true then it nullifies anyone else take on this matter so what does it matter. Its simply a decision no matter how you cut it.....eyeroll.....but you are right im wrong lol. ok whatever. I hope the kid(s) make good decisions and arent bastardized by judgmental internet chest thumpers.
        Keep in mind that I started my original post with "If".

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

          If thats true then it nullifies anyone else take on this matter so what does it matter. Its simply a decision no matter how you cut it.....eyeroll.....but you are right im wrong lol. ok whatever. I hope the kid(s) make good decisions and arent bastardized by judgmental internet chest thumpers.
          Cack, I have to respectfully disagree with you in the strongest way. Taking a better job or heading to the NFL after three years is not remotely comparable to quitting on your team mid-season. If a player quits on his team/teammates midseason because of health or family issues, we all understand that and it's likely the right call. This, though, is just quitting on your teammates in the middle of a season because you've put your needs and wants above your obligation and duty to others. We value and stress commitment and loyalty to a team, whether it's a sports team, a project team at work, our family, our community, a combat platoon, etc., etc., because putting the team first and being there no matter what brings about a larger success for the group as a whole.

          Quitting in the middle of something shows a self-centered, me first attitude, a lack of character, a lack of commitment, a lack of concern about what happens to your teammates. The player who quits on his team midseason is gonna run when the going gets tough or bail on his friends every time a greener pasture appears. You can't count on him. Think about any TV show you've ever seen where there are characters who always and only look out for #1 as opposed to never letting the team down (think Negan vs. Rick or Darryl on TWD). You respect the heck out of one of those and loathe the other as an unreliable weasel. You want people on your team who'll be there NO MATTER WHAT, not those who'll abandon you when it suits them. A guy who quits on his team midseason in high school is likely to quit on his college team during bowl season so he can focus on getting ready for the combine. He'll be the guy who quits on his NFL team when they're rebuilding or he isn't getting enough touches.

          If I were a college head coach recruiting this kid, I'd drop him like a hot potato. Character and commitment are as important as physical talent. Quitting on his HS team midseason tells me he has character flaws and will never be reliable and put his team first. I hope Bama doesn't sign him. If they do, I'll wish him well, but hold my breath waiting for the drama and lack of maturity and character to show. I feel STRONGLY about this! Quitting midseason on your teammates is low. It's a bad habit to form. We don't respect a soldier who'd quit his platoon on the way to the front in order to take a safer, easier assignment. We don't respect a guy who quits on his family when times are tough so he can have an easier life. YOU DON'T QUIT ON YOUR TEAM MIDSEASON! EVER. I'm really surprised that you or anyone else is making excuses for him and trying to normalize it.
          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

            Cack, I have to respectfully disagree with you in the strongest way. Taking a better job or heading to the NFL after three years is not remotely comparable to quitting on your team mid-season. If a player quits on his team/teammates midseason because of health or family issues, we all understand that and it's likely the right call. This, though, is just quitting on your teammates in the middle of a season because you've put your needs and wants above your obligation and duty to others. We value and stress commitment and loyalty to a team, whether it's a sports team, a project team at work, our family, our community, a combat platoon, etc., etc., because putting the team first and being there no matter what brings about a larger success for the group as a whole.

            Quitting in the middle of something shows a self-centered, me first attitude, a lack of character, a lack of commitment, a lack of concern about what happens to your teammates. The player who quits on his team midseason is gonna run when the going gets tough or bail on his friends every time a greener pasture appears. You can't count on him. Think about any TV show you've ever seen where there are characters who always and only look out for #1 as opposed to never letting the team down (think Negan vs. Rick or Darryl on TWD). You respect the heck out of one of those and loathe the other as an unreliable weasel. You want people on your team who'll be there NO MATTER WHAT, not those who'll abandon you when it suits them. A guy who quits on his team midseason in high school is likely to quit on his college team during bowl season so he can focus on getting ready for the combine. He'll be the guy who quits on his NFL team when they're rebuilding or he isn't getting enough touches.

            If I were a college head coach recruiting this kid, I'd drop him like a hot potato. Character and commitment are as important as physical talent. Quitting on his HS team midseason tells me he has character flaws and will never be reliable and put his team first. I hope Bama doesn't sign him. If they do, I'll wish him well, but hold my breath waiting for the drama and lack of maturity and character to show. I feel STRONGLY about this! Quitting midseason on your teammates is low. It's a bad habit to form. We don't respect a soldier who'd quit his platoon on the way to the front in order to take a safer, easier assignment. We don't respect a guy who quits on his family when times are tough so he can have an easier life. YOU DON'T QUIT ON YOUR TEAM MIDSEASON! EVER. I'm really surprised that you or anyone else is making excuses for him and trying to normalize it.
            Im not defending him or supporting him but Iam supporting his (and every other HS Kid with an opportunity to play ball at the next level) RIGHT TO DECIDE (right or wrong) on how best to handle an opportunity to proceed to the next level. I know this is a shocking hot take by me and its quite different from the black and white mile wide brush you are painting with.

            Also thats quite the high horse of judgement you are on but whatever. I'm wrong ok... You really dont know anything about his or any other kids situation soooooo....This kid and any other kid with the opportunity to play at the next level can make this decision for himself. Maybe he is worried about getting injured? Maybe his school trainer is shit. Maybe his facilities are shit. Maybe his season is effectively over? Maybe he is worried about getting hurt for real jeopordizing his future in college....Who knows. Who cares. I hope it works out and Im not going go blast him for it. Lol at TWD
            Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 09-29-2021, 04:39 PM.
            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

            Comment


            • College football would be awesome if this conference were not allowed to do what they do by their administrations
              Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

              Comment


              • What if this whole thing was a big false argument because the kid just got suspended for drugs and is trying to save face by claiming he's moving on to the next level...

                Funnier than you in 2012.

                Comment


                • Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 09-30-2021, 09:09 AM.
                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                    Cack, I have to respectfully disagree with you in the strongest way. Taking a better job or heading to the NFL after three years is not remotely comparable to quitting on your team mid-season. If a player quits on his team/teammates midseason because of health or family issues, we all understand that and it's likely the right call. This, though, is just quitting on your teammates in the middle of a season because you've put your needs and wants above your obligation and duty to others. We value and stress commitment and loyalty to a team, whether it's a sports team, a project team at work, our family, our community, a combat platoon, etc., etc., because putting the team first and being there no matter what brings about a larger success for the group as a whole.

                    Quitting in the middle of something shows a self-centered, me first attitude, a lack of character, a lack of commitment, a lack of concern about what happens to your teammates. The player who quits on his team midseason is gonna run when the going gets tough or bail on his friends every time a greener pasture appears. You can't count on him. Think about any TV show you've ever seen where there are characters who always and only look out for #1 as opposed to never letting the team down (think Negan vs. Rick or Darryl on TWD). You respect the heck out of one of those and loathe the other as an unreliable weasel. You want people on your team who'll be there NO MATTER WHAT, not those who'll abandon you when it suits them. A guy who quits on his team midseason in high school is likely to quit on his college team during bowl season so he can focus on getting ready for the combine. He'll be the guy who quits on his NFL team when they're rebuilding or he isn't getting enough touches.

                    If I were a college head coach recruiting this kid, I'd drop him like a hot potato. Character and commitment are as important as physical talent. Quitting on his HS team midseason tells me he has character flaws and will never be reliable and put his team first. I hope Bama doesn't sign him. If they do, I'll wish him well, but hold my breath waiting for the drama and lack of maturity and character to show. I feel STRONGLY about this! Quitting midseason on your teammates is low. It's a bad habit to form. We don't respect a soldier who'd quit his platoon on the way to the front in order to take a safer, easier assignment. We don't respect a guy who quits on his family when times are tough so he can have an easier life. YOU DON'T QUIT ON YOUR TEAM MIDSEASON! EVER. I'm really surprised that you or anyone else is making excuses for him and trying to normalize it.
                    I agree with this sentiment for 99% of the kids out there. Both my kids have played sports their whole lives and we've lived by the "finish what you started" mantra. My daughter is currently on scholarship in college playing soccer and my son plays sports all year long. We would never have let them quit halfway through a season (unless there was a safety concern).

                    That being said, this kid falls into that 1%. I won't even get into the NIL stuff, though that is a component of this. He is a top 5 player in the country. He can/should legitimately be looking at football as a career path. One that can make him millions of dollars. I don't know his background but for most Americans this is life changing/family tree changing money.

                    Looking at 247 rankings from 2010 - 2015, top 5 ranked high school recruits had an extraordinarily high hit rate. Of those 30 kids:

                    11 - 1st round picks
                    8 - 2nd round picks
                    6 - 4th thru 7th round picks
                    5 - Undrafted free agents

                    Chances are this kid is headed for the NFL and I can't fault him for making decisions that will help him get there.
                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                    Comment


                    • Out for the year since the Auburn loss tally for LSU:

                      Stud WR Boutte
                      Stud CB Stingley
                      Stud CB Ricks

                      This joins basically half the defense already OFY or week to week type injuries. Either LSU is the unluckiest team of all time or some of these season ending procedures feel a bit stinky. Ricks reportedly has a nagging injury he’s been dealing with, though he hasn’t missed any games and hasn’t been questionable even.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                        Out for the year since the Auburn loss tally for LSU:

                        Stud WR Boutte
                        Stud CB Stingley
                        Stud CB Ricks

                        Either LSU is the unluckiest team of all time or some of these season ending procedures feel a bit stinky. .
                        If he loses his players (for whatever reason), Ed O is in big trouble.
                        He´s lost 3 games already, with five very tough ones coming up.

                        Florida (20)
                        @ Ole Miss (13)
                        @ Alabama (5)
                        Arkansas (17)
                        T A&M (21)

                        Almost certain he loses two (Ala, Miss), and probaby Florida, as well.
                        Could lose all five upcoming, if his players give up on him.

                        Defintely a five-loss season, and worst-case, doesn´t qualify for a Bowl game.

                        Perfect opportunity for a Manning take-over of the LSU football team for three years.

                        "We don't have enough female role models. We don't have enough visible women leaders. We don't have enough women in power." - Muffet McGraw

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JurDocDuLac View Post

                          If he loses his players (for whatever reason), Ed O is in big trouble.
                          He´s lost 3 games already, with five very tough ones coming up.

                          Florida (20)
                          @ Ole Miss (13)
                          @ Alabama (5)
                          Arkansas (17)
                          T A&M (21)

                          Almost certain he loses two (Ala, Miss), and probaby Florida, as well.
                          Could lose all five upcoming, if his players give up on him.

                          Defintely a five-loss season, and worst-case, doesn´t qualify for a Bowl game.

                          Perfect opportunity for a Manning take-over of the LSU football team for three years.
                          There were rumors last year he lost the locker room over call it personal differences.

                          oh and anotha one. DE Ali Gaye OFY. No team is that unlucky in one week

                          Comment


                          • The LSU boards are roasting Orgeron and ready for him to go. One person called him LSU's version of Chizik. Ouch. He's not wrong, but still, that's rough.
                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dale View Post

                              There were rumors last year he lost the locker room over call it personal differences.

                              oh and anotha one. DE Ali Gaye OFY. No team is that unlucky in one week
                              He still has that Co-Ed thing hanging over his head, which I think is playing into this.

                              Comment


                              • It won’t be much longer before Coach O is put out to pasture…….

                                Comment


                                • Really hoping Tennessee can win tonight. My boy is a huge fan being born and raised here. I now pull for them because of my son. They are my side team as ND is his

                                  I'm taking him to the game against Vanderbilt next month. It will be his first game at Neyland stadium.

                                  Comment


                                  • My boy was also born and raised in Tennessee (we’re an hour from Knoxville). I refused to allow him to like any team above Notre Dame. That’s called good parenting.
                                    Last edited by NDRock; 10-16-2021, 07:56 PM.
                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                      My boy wad also born and raised in Tennessee (we’re an hour from Knoxville). I refused to allow him to like any team above Notre Dame. That’s called good parenting.
                                      which direction from Knoxville? I was in Athens Tennessee for the eclipse.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

                                        which direction from Knoxville? I was in Athens Tennessee for the eclipse.
                                        Cleveland. Next city south on 75. Eclipse was awesome.
                                        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                        Comment


                                        • Embarrassment by Tennessee fans

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                            Embarrassment by Tennessee fans
                                            Yeah, that was a bad look all around. I hope the police use video to identify as many culprits as possible, especially those throwing dangerous objects at players & coaches, and charge them as well as banning them from any SEC event for life. Make a flippin' example of them.
                                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                              Embarrassment by Tennessee fans
                                              I'm no Tennessee fan, but I found it hilarious. Lane Kiffin and Knoxville riots are such an iconic duo.

                                              Only thing it was missing was for Tennessee to actually come back and win. The national media pearl clutching would've been amazing if they had pulled it off.

                                              Funnier than you in 2012.

                                              Comment


                                              • Lane using all his time outs to ice the kicker in the first half was glorious. He was playing chess and UT fans playing checkers.
                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                Comment


                                                • Didn't Lane leave like...over a decade ago? It's not like he lit the world on fire at USC, and he's yet to really prove himself on the big stage. I don't get why UT is still pissed. In the moment immediately following him leaving them at the alter I would understand the frustration, but these kids were 6 and 10 when he left Knowville. It's a bit like Cinci students and players that are still pissed about BK leaving, except Kiffin has achieved far less. I do think it's a bit funny Kiffin as egged them on a bit. Whole thing is entertaining, even if the projectiles were out of line.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                    Didn't Lane leave like...over a decade ago? It's not like he lit the world on fire at USC, and he's yet to really prove himself on the big stage. I don't get why UT is still pissed. In the moment immediately following him leaving them at the alter I would understand the frustration, but these kids were 6 and 10 when he left Knowville. It's a bit like Cinci students and players that are still pissed about BK leaving, except Kiffin has achieved far less. I do think it's a bit funny Kiffin as egged them on a bit. Whole thing is entertaining, even if the projectiles were out of line.
                                                    20 years of frustration boiling over. Lane was supposed to be the golden child who'd lead them back to the promised land and instead, he dumped them on the way to run off with a prettier girl. That it didn't work out that well for him doesn't ease their pain over getting jilted. Of course, he's trolled them relentlessly while at Bama and now at Ole Miss. I still think it's less about him though, and more about the fact that their program has been down for 20 years and has become the poster child for ineptness, shooting yourself in the foot, and being a dumpster fire. They're just angry and frustrated at the whole world.
                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                                      20 years of frustration boiling over. Lane was supposed to be the golden child who'd lead them back to the promised land and instead, he dumped them on the way to run off with a prettier girl. That it didn't work out that well for him doesn't ease their pain over getting jilted. Of course, he's trolled them relentlessly while at Bama and now at Ole Miss. I still think it's less about him though, and more about the fact that their program has been down for 20 years and has become the poster child for ineptness, shooting yourself in the foot, and being a dumpster fire. They're just angry and frustrated at the whole world.
                                                      The trolling continues!



                                                      Comment


                                                      • Catching the water bottle like a boss and then tossing his visor to the crowd was professional grade.
                                                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Is Kiffin... likeable now? This truly is the year of chaos.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                            Is Kiffin... likeable now? This truly is the year of chaos.
                                                            No, he has 5 more years of penance before he’s likable.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                              Is Kiffin... likeable now? This truly is the year of chaos.
                                                              Easily a top 5 Twitter acct for college football. He does appear to be doing well after Saban therapy.
                                                              Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                Is Kiffin... likeable now? This truly is the year of chaos.
                                                                He had me at "Its a Titleist"
                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

                                                                  He had me at "Its a Titleist"
                                                                  One of my favorite TV moments!

                                                                  So is Kiffin a mammal, a fish or a great beast?

                                                                  Cheers and Go Irish!!

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Comment


                                                                    • Tennessee got fined for the Squid Game of debris.

                                                                      The SEC doesn't mess around with this stuff. I do think the fines should be more expensive, though.

                                                                      Kiffin is more likable than he once was. That can change within hours. I don't put much faith into any of these guys anymore. They're essentially allowed to get away with just about anything.
                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                        Tennessee got fined for the Squid Game of debris.

                                                                        The SEC doesn't mess around with this stuff. I do think the fines should be more expensive, though.

                                                                        Kiffin is more likable than he once was. That can change within hours. I don't put much faith into any of these guys anymore. They're essentially allowed to get away with just about anything.
                                                                        SEC front office also requiring UT to use security and TV footage to identify culprits and take action. 18 were arrested at the stadium and 47 others ejected. UT must present a solid plan to the SEC for using video footage to find other culprits. Some arrests are likely and others will be banned from future attendance. So far, so good. This was embarrassing and can't be tolerated at all. I agree with you about the fines. I'd have hit them with a $1M fine with a shot at reduction depending on how they handle the aftermath of Saturday's mess. As for getting away with anything, you've suggested this before. Please elaborate.
                                                                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by NDRock View Post

                                                                          Cleveland. Next city south on 75. Eclipse was awesome.
                                                                          Ah yes. Nice town. I stopped there for breakfast on my way from Chattanooga.
                                                                          Also tried to get some eclipse glasses from there and it was in that town that it dawned on me that I had really screwed up by assuming I would be able to get said glasses or even welding lenses easily. Rookie eclipse chaser mistake.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • In other Ed O news, I saw this for the first time:

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • This dude miscalculated the amount of rope you get when you win a natty.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                As for getting away with anything, you've suggested this before. Please elaborate.
                                                                                You need elaboration about a profession that is essentially lumped in morally with politicians and used car salesmen? Orgeron is the most recent example of a guy who had a lot going on behind the curtain. Urban Meyer was harboring a white beater. That Penn State thing was kinda big though it seems like everyone just kind of moved on from that. Especially Penn State.

                                                                                This isn't common knowledge, but Kiffin has a GF in her twenties that's knocked up. Now look at some of the off field behavior that eventually led to Orgeron's undoing at LSU.

                                                                                Think about all that we actually KNOW about some of these characters. Then think about all that comes to light after the fact when a scandal breaks or they get fired.

                                                                                Now imagine everything we don't know about some of these guys. Nobody knows anything until the losses start piling up. As long as you win, you get protection. Once you start losing, stuff starts leaking out. Smoke goes up, smoke becomes fire and enter the buyout.

                                                                                Any coaching feel good story doesn't feel good for very long. On the surface so many of these guys seem like swell fellas. Then we find out more and we're disappointed.
                                                                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • I imagine there is a ton of stuff we wont hear about Coach O after his divorce:
                                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

                                                                                    You need elaboration about a profession that is essentially lumped in morally with politicians and used car salesmen? Orgeron is the most recent example of a guy who had a lot going on behind the curtain. Urban Meyer was harboring a white beater. That Penn State thing was kinda big though it seems like everyone just kind of moved on from that. Especially Penn State.

                                                                                    This isn't common knowledge, but Kiffin has a GF in her twenties that's knocked up. Now look at some of the off field behavior that eventually led to Orgeron's undoing at LSU.

                                                                                    Think about all that we actually KNOW about some of these characters. Then think about all that comes to light after the fact when a scandal breaks or they get fired.

                                                                                    Now imagine everything we don't know about some of these guys. Nobody knows anything until the losses start piling up. As long as you win, you get protection. Once you start losing, stuff starts leaking out. Smoke goes up, smoke becomes fire and enter the buyout.

                                                                                    Any coaching feel good story doesn't feel good for very long. On the surface so many of these guys seem like swell fellas. Then we find out more and we're disappointed.
                                                                                    You think Mack Brown is banging a co-ed? lol

                                                                                    I knew a guy that was a big Arkansas supporter. Petrino got caught because of the motorcycle accident. What didn't come out was that his girlfriend from the FB office was the one driving. Bobby was riding bitch as bikers would say.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

                                                                                      You need elaboration about a profession that is essentially lumped in morally with politicians and used car salesmen? Orgeron is the most recent example of a guy who had a lot going on behind the curtain. Urban Meyer was harboring a white beater. That Penn State thing was kinda big though it seems like everyone just kind of moved on from that. Especially Penn State.

                                                                                      This isn't common knowledge, but Kiffin has a GF in her twenties that's knocked up. Now look at some of the off field behavior that eventually led to Orgeron's undoing at LSU.

                                                                                      Think about all that we actually KNOW about some of these characters. Then think about all that comes to light after the fact when a scandal breaks or they get fired.

                                                                                      Now imagine everything we don't know about some of these guys. Nobody knows anything until the losses start piling up. As long as you win, you get protection. Once you start losing, stuff starts leaking out. Smoke goes up, smoke becomes fire and enter the buyout.

                                                                                      Any coaching feel good story doesn't feel good for very long. On the surface so many of these guys seem like swell fellas. Then we find out more and we're disappointed.
                                                                                      Maybe I wasn't specific enough. What do you think goes on in the SEC that's different from any other conference or isn't happening in those conferences too? I'm well aware that coaches all over cheat, do shady stuff, and all sorts of not so pretty things go on in the world of big time college football. Your insinuation was that it's worse in the SEC or the admins let a lot more go on. I would disagree with that idea and think there are plenty of examples of shady, look the other way as long as we're winning behavior from all across the college football landscape. Urban retained a wife beater on his staff while he was in the Big 10. Carrol was in the PAC 12 when USC and Reggie got busted. You think Lane or Ed are the only coaches in the country to have young girlfriends? That whole PSU/Sandusky thing was at a Big 10 school. Crazy, immoral, unethical crap is widespread in college football, not just in one conference.
                                                                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                                                        You think Mack Brown is banging a co-ed? lol

                                                                                        I knew a guy that was a big Arkansas supporter. Petrino got caught because of the motorcycle accident. What didn't come out was that his girlfriend from the FB office was the one driving. Bobby was riding bitch as bikers would say.
                                                                                        That came out pretty shortly afterwards. It was common knowledge within a week or so.
                                                                                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                                                                          Maybe I wasn't specific enough. What do you think goes on in the SEC that's different from any other conference or isn't happening in those conferences too? I'm well aware that coaches all over cheat, do shady stuff, and all sorts of not so pretty things go on in the world of big time college football. Your insinuation was that it's worse in the SEC or the admins let a lot more go on. I would disagree with that idea and think there are plenty of examples of shady, look the other way as long as we're winning behavior from all across the college football landscape. Urban retained a wife beater on his staff while he was in the Big 10. Carrol was in the PAC 12 when USC and Reggie got busted. You think Lane or Ed are the only coaches in the country to have young girlfriends? That whole PSU/Sandusky thing was at a Big 10 school. Crazy, immoral, unethical crap is widespread in college football, not just in one conference.
                                                                                          I insinuated absolutely nothing. You've assumed an incredible amount from my original post, in which nowhere did I say anyone was worse than anyone else. I will therefore clarify.

                                                                                          The SEC doesn't mess around with this stuff. I do think the fines should be more expensive, though.
                                                                                          This is in regards to fining Tennessee fans for throwing shit onto the field. They have also levied fines on teams whose fans rushed the field earlier this season. I don't know of any other conferences who are doing this. So the SEC doesn't mess around with this stuff.

                                                                                          Kiffin is more likable than he once was. That can change within hours. I don't put much faith into any of these guys anymore. They're essentially allowed to get away with just about anything.
                                                                                          "these guys" meaning college football coaches. Did I single out the SEC specifically here? I did not. We're in an SEC thread, sure, but nowhere am I accusing SEC coaches or programs of anything. The sport, overall, in general, gives head football coaches a hell of a lot of runway to make big mistakes. Especially if they're winning.

                                                                                          We hear a lot from SEC fans about how it means more to them. Supposing that's true, maybe there are more shenanigans down there with those programs, but I'm not saying that here and I'm not sure it's really the truth. In reality I think the P5 conferences aren't truly that much different from each other. Some emphasize football more than others, some turn a blind eye further than others, but overall the sport itself has really become gross from sea to shining sea. At least for me.

                                                                                          You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the sport in general.

                                                                                          Hopefully this clarifies my original post from yesterday:
                                                                                          Tennessee got fined for the Squid Game of debris.

                                                                                          The SEC doesn't mess around with this stuff. I do think the fines should be more expensive, though.

                                                                                          Kiffin is more likable than he once was. That can change within hours. I don't put much faith into any of these guys anymore. They're essentially allowed to get away with just about anything.
                                                                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Damn, they don't fuck around in the SEC when it comes to women and job perks! Ed O was gettin' it, Petrino, Hugh Freeze and the escorts, and now Joey Freshwater is prowlin' the scene down there. Gotta wonder if Urban had some flings at Florida given some of his now recent shenanigans.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • From my understanding Urban left Florida due to health reasons and those were his wife was going to kill him for banging co-eds. IIRC this was well known.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                                Damn, they don't fuck around in the SEC when it comes to women and job perks! Ed O was gettin' it, Petrino, Hugh Freeze and the escorts, and now Joey Freshwater is prowlin' the scene down there. Gotta wonder if Urban had some flings at Florida given some of his now recent shenanigans.
                                                                                                Ultimately, it's always about the cookie.
                                                                                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                                                                                  Ultimately, it's always about the cookie.
                                                                                                  Don't get me wrong...if I'm 45-60 and hot college poon is throwing itself at me I'm probably going to be party to a controversy too. I guess I'm a little jealous.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                                    Damn, they don't fuck around in the SEC when it comes to women and job perks! Ed O was gettin' it, Petrino, Hugh Freeze and the escorts, and now Joey Freshwater is prowlin' the scene down there. Gotta wonder if Urban had some flings at Florida given some of his now recent shenanigans.
                                                                                                    Don’t forget about Pitino.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                                      From my understanding Urban left Florida due to health reasons and those were his wife was going to kill him for banging co-eds. IIRC this was well known.
                                                                                                      I've heard the same. Had to change scenery.

                                                                                                      Ends up getting the job he really wanted in the state where he's from, and said school was coming off a pretty well known "scandal".

                                                                                                      Amazing how that works out considering we sat through Davie, O'Leary, Willingham and Weis.
                                                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X