Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Kiffin Fired

USC Trojans‏@USC_Athletics
    Breaking news: Lane Kiffin has been relieved of his duties as USC's head football coach per AD Pat Haden.
    USC Head Football Coach Lane Kiffin Terminated - University of Southern California Official Athletic Site

USC Head Football Coach Lane Kiffin Terminated

His Trojans lost 7 of last 11 games, including both Pac-12 games in 2013.
    Sept. 29, 2013

Lane Kiffin has been relieved of his duties as USC's head football coach, Trojan athletic director Pat Haden announced early today (Sept. 29).

Haden informed Kiffin of his termination upon the team charter's arrival back in Los Angeles early Sunday morning following USC's 62-41 loss at Arizona State.

Kiffin's Trojans have lost 7 of their past 11 games. USC is 3-2 this year and has lost both of its Pac-12 games. His overall record in 4 years at USC is 28-15.

Haden will hold a press conference at USC on Sunday afternoon at a time and place to be announced.
    "I'm not a film evaluator"
    - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Mixed feelings, I hate Kiffin so this makes me happy. However, whoever they bring in will probably be a better coach and therefore make this team better, which is never good.

Comment

This is truly a sad sad day....

Comment

NO!
        2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!!1!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            Mixed feelings, I hate Kiffin so this makes me happy. However, whoever they bring in will probably be a better coach and therefore make this team better, which is never good.
            Precisely my feelings.

Damn.

Comment

He was such a perfect fit too
              Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Layla...

Just want to put it out there, if you need anything while Lane is out drinking it up... Just holla.

I have an extremely long tongue. I can tie cherry stems in double knots with it- hands free.

I'm also an active listener. I wouldn't consider what we have love just yet, but it seems we could get going that direction after maybe just you sitting on my face once.

-Johnny

Comment

I agree...mixed feelings

I love when bad things happen to him, but USC was headed in a great direction.

Comment

My random guess is Sark will be targeted along with Chris Peterson. Who y'all guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                      My random guess is Sark will be targeted along with Chris Peterson. Who y'all guess?
                      Peterson is going to Texas
                      - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Cutty Sark

Comment

I think we all agree.
                          Happy because he's a huge d-bag.
                          Sad because it was fun watching him lose to ND and this will most likely make USC better.

My first thought was what USC commits could we target. And I'm shocked at how few they currently have.
                          College Football Recruiting Schools - ESPN
                          I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

Haha awesome for now. Scared of who they will go after.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Colin Cowherd threw out Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fischer, Sark, and Chris Petersen. He said that the most probable is Sark after the season.

Comment

Which means Sark will bring Tosh with him. Best recruiter EVER at USC? Awesome.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/clockwerks">@clockwerks</a>: *today* x 1000 RT <a href="https://twitter.com/darth">@darth</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Lana">@Lana</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/edsbs">@edsbs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/clockwerks">@clockwerks</a> *tomorrow* <a href="http://t.co/4W4dpSeWgq">pic.twitter.com/4W4dpSeWgq</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation CFB (@SBNationCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/statuses/384301550299926528">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! And this weekends gets worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Son of a

Comment

Who would have thought that the low point of the weekend would have been Sunday.

I'm thinking Sark... which is bad, bad, bad...
                                        Originally posted by koonja
                                        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

So anyone want to take a stab at what high profile program will hire him next.
                                          Texas, jaguars, ,,,

Comment

Sonofabitch. What coulda been.
                                            #TeamKizer

Comment

Think haden knows he can get someone good to fill in...wouldn't be worried at all if i were him.
                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Not surprised by the firing. A little surprised by the timing. Haden is a sharp cookie.
                                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

ASU put 62 on USC....fvvvck.

oh, yea...and "dad gum it" regarding Kiffy
                                                  One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

I hope they stay away from briles.

Comment

Curious what Adoree thinks about this. Although I still see him signing there.
                                                      - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Jack Del Rio is my guess for the next coach.

Comment

I pray they hire Charlie Weis, Tyrone Willingham, or Bob Davie.
                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                            So anyone want to take a stab at what high profile program will hire him next.
                                                            Texas, jaguars, ,,,
                                                            NCAA Committee on Infractions............

Comment

This is so unfair!

Lane should have been given the full five years.

HE didn't cause the sanctions.

Kiffin's .651 winning percentage is head and shoulders better than Hackett, Tollner, or Clark and they were not saddled with unfair NCAA sanctions that another coach and AD were responsible for. Smith was allowed 6 years.

This is just because he's a young man. It's ... Age Discrimination!

KEEP KIFFEN!

Has the president's secretary shaved her head bald in meaningful protest at this outrage?

Comment

Originally posted by phgreek View Post
                                                                ASU put 62 on USC....fvvvck.

oh, yea...and "dad gum it" regarding Kiffy
                                                                Wow I hadn't seen the score wow...
                                                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Tyrone is a Hadden kinda guy no? Sad thing is that even he couldn't **** up recruiting at USC!

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                    This is so unfair!

Lane should have been given the full five years.

HE didn't cause the sanctions.

Kiffin's .651 winning percentage is head and shoulders better than Hackett, Tollner, or Clark and they were not saddled with unfair NCAA sanctions that another coach and AD were responsible for. Smith was allowed 6 years.

This is just because he's a young man. It's ... Age Discrimination!

KEEP KIFFEN!

Has the president's secretary shaved her head bald in meaningful protest at this outrage?
                                                                    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Ah ****. I loved Kiffin.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                                                                        NCAA Committee on Infractions............
                                                                        lol reps
                                                                        I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

Apparently fired in LAX parking lot.

Report: Lane Kiffin was fired in LAX parking lot - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites

Comment

This is almost worse than yesterday's loss.
                                                                            60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              You guys think any of the existing staff will be considered?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Well theres always this to make him feel better

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  WELP, son of a bitch. This whole weekend sucks.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I for one don't care if usc gets a better coach (and becomes a better team)

I just truly don't want Lane to have a coaching job. He's a punk, and is way over his head.

I look forward to nice match ups against them in the years to come.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Jack Del Rio. mark it down!
                                                                                      http://irishtp.com/

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Bob Diaco

Last year he was our savior...now a lot of you want him gone.

Comment

• #45

It almost makes you feel bad for Lane Kiffin.

Now if Haden had kicked him off the bus halfway home in a desolate part of the desert in 110 degree heat without water ...

No, not than either.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            IIRC Kiffen negotiated a house into his contract. So now he is jobless, and homeless. That brings a smile.
                                                                                            #TeamKizer

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                              WELP, son of a bitch. This whole weekend sucks.
                                                                                              I love seeing U$C in disarray. Kiffin's firing brightened up my weekend.
                                                                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Adam Schefter tweeted JDR wants the job and is the leading candidate.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Gonna make it even more embarrassing if we lose to them.
                                                                                                  Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Del Rio would be a better hire than Kiffin. He's a jack-off of Kiffin proportions and probably an even worse coach.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X