• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 Coaching Hot Seat

Coach Hot Seat Ratings - CBSSports.com - Dennis Dodd

Dennis Dodd
    8/23/13

According to Dodd no Head Coach is is imminent danger (5.0) but 4 coaches Kiffin, USC, Pinkel, MU, Beckman, ILL, English, EMU and Hauck, UNLV, are feeling the heat.

Can't Be Touched 0.0-0.5 36 coaches including Saban 0.0, UA, Shaw 0.0, SU,

Very safe, change unlikely 1-1.5 37 coaches including Kelly 1.0, Davie 1.0 UNM, Dantonio 1.0, MSU, Graham 1.5, ASU, Mendenhall 1.5, BYU, Niumatalolo 1.5, USNA, Fedora 1.0, UNC, Stoops 1.0, OU, Chryst 1.5, PITT, Hazell 1.0, PU, Calhoun 1.0, AFA, Miles 1.0, LSU, Richt 1.0, UGA

Safe, but you never know 2-2.5. 31 coaches including Hoke, 2.5, UM, Addazio 2.0, BC, Holtz 2.5, LAT, Ruhle 2.0, TEM,

On the bubble, feeling pressure 3-3.5 17 coaches including Weis 3.0, KU, Ferentz 3.0, IA, Grobe 3.0, WF, Sarkisian 3.0, UW, Edsall 3.5, UMD, Molnar 3.5, UMA, Brown 3.5, UTX,

Warm seat, better start winning 4-4.5 5 coaches including Kiffin, 4.0, USC

Hot seat! Win or be fired 5.0. 0 So far.
    Last edited by BGIF; 08-24-2013, 04:44 AM.

College football Hot Seat Watch: Lane Kiffin, Kirk Ferentz top coaches with lots on line in 2013 | Campus Union - SI.com

Martin Richtman, SI

Group A, Ferentz, English, Kiffin

Group B, Mack Brown, Edsall, UMD, Kevin Wilson, IU

Group C, Grobe, WF, Leach, WSU, Sarkisian, UW

Group D, Richt
    Last edited by BGIF; 08-24-2013, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
      Coach Hot Seat Ratings - CBSSports.com - Dennis Dodd

Dennis Dodd
      8/23/13

According to Dodd no Head Coach is is imminent danger (5.0) but 4 coaches Kiffin, USC, Pinkel, MU, Beckman, ILL, English, EMU and Hauck, UNLV, are feeling the heat.

Can't Be Touched 0.0-0.5 36 coaches including Saban 0.0, UA, Shaw 0.0, SU,

Very safe, change unlikely 1-1.5 37 coaches including Kelly 1.0, Davie 1.0 UNM, Dantonio 1.0, MSU, Graham 1.5, ASU, Mendenhall 1.5, BYU, Niumatalolo 1.5, USNA, Fedora 1.0, UNC, Stoops 1.0, OU, Chryst 1.5, PITT, Hazell 1.0, PU, Calhoun 1.0, AFA, Miles 1.0, LSU, Richt 1.0, UGA

Safe, but you never know 2-2.5. 31 coaches including Hoke, 2.5, UM, Addazio 2.0, BC, Holtz 2.5, LAT, Ruhle 2.0, TEM,

On the bubble, feeling pressure 3-3.5 17 coaches including Weis 3.0, KU, Ferentz 3.0, IA, Grobe 3.0, WF, Sarkisian 3.0, UW, Edsall 3.5, UMD, Molnar 3.5, UMA, Brown 3.5, UTX,

Warm seat, better start winning 4-4.5 5 coaches including Kiffin, 4.0, USC

Hot seat! Win or be fired 5.0. 0 So far.
      Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the end of the line for Pinkel at Mizzou. Though it's not all his fault; they need to up their game program-wide to compete in the SEC.
      A little surprised Hoke is even that warm. He's done pretty well. Meanwhile it appears Sarkisian has built expectations in Washington just enough to be dangerous. And what does UMass expect from Charlie Molnar? If they wanted a miracle-worker they hired the wrong guy.

Comment

I hope MD has a terrible season and they fire Edsall. He was a bad hire in the first place.
        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

How can a very underperforming and very overpaid Ferentz keep his job at Iowa?

And when does Jimbo start feeling the heat?

Comment

Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
            "Very overpaid" tends to = massive buyout, doesn't it?

Comment

Just How Big is Kirk Ferentz's Buyout? - Black Heart Gold Pants

This is why Ferentz won't be fired.

Comment

double post
                Last edited by pumpdog20; 08-24-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post

And when does Jimbo start feeling the heat?
                  In Tallahassee? Now. Whenever I get asked my opinion of FSU this season I say that except for the offensive line, the team is loaded with talent and should play for the NC, but won't because of Jimbo. Only the delusional disagree in town.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                    In Tallahassee? Now. Whenever I get asked my opinion of FSU this season I say that except for the offensive line, the team is loaded with talent and should play for the NC, but won't because of Jimbo. Only the delusional disagree in town.
                    There has been no more underachieving team in college football if you ask me. They have top tier SECesque talent on that team. Last year, they either had a 5 star or 1st round talent in every level of their offense and defense. They had 5 star kids on the second team. They played two division two teams and only two teams that were even reasonably decent (Clemson & VT). They got to play a 7-7 Georgia Tech team in their championship game and a MAC Northern Illinois team in their BCS Game.
                    Originally posted by koonja
                    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                      I hear ya. Jimbo lost his DC Stoops to UK and hired Pruitt from Bama to replace him. That will be an issue for FSU going forward as Pruitt isn't proven at anything other than being a dumbas*. For a team with all that talent and to come up short year after year... well, that's on the coach. And Jimbo reminds me of Richt. He can get you close but he can't get you over the hump. The right guy could make FSU a top 2-3 team every year. I hope they keep Jimbo for the next ten years. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                        They have top tier SECesque talent on that team..
                        Can't we just say top tier talent? Nothing bothers me more than ACC, Pac-12, Big 12, and ND players being described as "an SEC-type talent".

Ole Miss, Miss. St., Tennessee, and Mizzou are as much a part of the SEC as Bama/LSU.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

At the end of the year both Texas and the Dallas Cowboys will be seeking head coaches. I hope Kelly stays at ND
                          "I'm not a film evaluator"
                          - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                            Can't we just say top tier talent? Nothing bothers me more than ACC, Pac-12, Big 12, and ND players being described as "an SEC-type talent".

Ole Miss, Miss. St., Tennessee, and Mizzou are as much a part of the SEC as Bama/LSU.
                            That's why I added "top tier" to "SEC", I was talking about the upper end of the SEC.... haha
                            Originally posted by koonja
                            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

When it comes to pure talent, most years FSU has more than all but a few SEC teams. 'Bama, Florida, maybe LSU. Sure they disappoint.

Comment

A More Comprehensive Hot Seat List

Coaches Hot Seat Ranking

They rank coaches 1 - 124 in 3 Categories and list Compensation, Total Wins/Years, and Wins/Years @ Current School. Their list is dynamic and will be updated throughout the season.

1. Hot Seat - 20 coaches

2. Edge of Hot Seat - 13 coaches

3. Safe For Now - 91 coaches

#1 Kiffin
                                3 Weis
                                4 Ferentz
                                109 Kelly
                                115 Jimbo Fisher
                                Last edited by BGIF; 08-25-2013, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Between the money, their TV network, connection to Texas HS's and the facilities, Texas is a sleeping giant if they ever get the right coach. So hopefully Mack Brown stays there for a long time...If someone like Nick Saban went to Texas he might never lose.

Comment

Kelly and Kiffin should not be in the same category that is for sure. How is Kelly anything but 100% safe, that is my question. Kelly has no reason to think ND is even thinking about letting him go. Heck, just the opposite, ND is probably trying to do everything to keep him.

Any word on Kelly's new contract?

Comment

Hoping Ferentz has a good year. That's the job that has Diaco written all over it if we have another great year.
                                      "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

I don't get why anyone would think Fisher is on a hot seat or should be. First two years he won 10 and 9 games while cleaning up after Bowden. Last year 12-2 and a 3rd straight bowl win. The idea that it's the most talented team is highly debatable and subjective. He's done a fine job of getting that program back to where it should be after Bowden let it slip in his final years. They'll be a force in the coming years.

Comment

Updated after week 1

Coaches Hot Seat Ranking

Ferentz jumps to the head of the class as Kiffin falls to #3 with that impressive win over UHI.

Bob Davies made it into the red seats with a opening loss to UTSA in their second year of 1A play and third year of any kind of football.

Willie Taggart's at #82 up from #106 but forutnately he's (USF) not facing McNeese St again this season. This week he's got MSU who had 4 QBs taking 1st team snaps this week. Must be nice to have so many talented guys that a coach can't decide who runs with the ones.

Kelly drops 5 slots to 114 out of 125.

Comment

Georgia fans are starting to call for Mark Richt's head!

Comment

Originally posted by enrico514 View Post
                                              Georgia fans are starting to call for Mark Richt's head!
                                              Richt moved from #118 Preseason to #111.

He'll get some redemption this weekend if he beats SCar. Dawgs are 3 pt favs. The only other games on his schedule are LSU and UF. 8-4 would bring grumbles but he wins almost 75% of his games.

Comment

He'll get some redemption this weekend if he beats SCar. Dawgs are 3 pt favs. The only other games on his schedule are LSU and UF. 8-4 would bring grumbles but he wins almost 75% of his games.
                                                A friend sent me this link...

UGA Fan Crying on Radio - YouTube

Comment

beau, wilson is #9 on this list and second in big ten after illinois.
                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

Bo Pelini, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                      beau, wilson is #9 on this list and second in big ten after illinois.
                                                      I just don't see it happening after this year unless they only win 4 or less games/don't show up in any of their Big 10 games. IU football has never been something great, but I think Wilson is doing a decent job there.

I wasn't disagreeing that it COULD happen. I just don't see it happening after this year.
                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                        I just don't see it happening after this year unless they only win 4 or less games/don't show up in any of their Big 10 games. IU football has never been something great, but I think Wilson is doing a decent job there.

I wasn't disagreeing that it COULD happen. I just don't see it happening after this year.
                                                        no I'm with you but just saying its out there.
                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

It's that 25% (ie ranked opponents) that are making him look bad. Personally with the talent he gets he should have a better record against ranked teams.

Georgia’s record against ranked teams tells quite the story | Saturday Down South

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I live in IU country and people are positively glowing about scoring 70 points on Indiana State. IU fans are thrilled and I think the hot seat talk is totally unfounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                              I live in IU country and people are positively glowing about scoring 70 points on Indiana State. IU fans are thrilled and I think the hot seat talk is totally unfounded.
                                                              Exactly. Any win is exciting at IU. Scoring more points than the basketball team has made some people very happy.
                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Are they still glowing or are they glowering after playing their first 1A team of the season and having the 12.5 pt underdog Middies run for 444 Yds and a win?

Comment

When the update comes out, Kiffin should retake his position in the Hottest Chair. He lost to WSU who didn't score an offensive TD.

Ferentz won, Weis won. Thank goodness for 1AA teams.

Molnar lost, again. The perils of playing 1AA Maine which knocked off an SEC team (yes, that SEC) a few years ago.

Enos dodged a 1AA defeat with a come from behind 4th Q win.

Pinkle got a creampuff win.

Illinois fans most be delirious with Beckman after a 2-0 start.

Richt has some currency this morning with a win over a highly ranked team.
                                                                  Last edited by BGIF; 09-08-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Charlie Weis and Kansas are undefeated. We just gave the wrong guy a new contract.
                                                                    2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

USC lost? Oh man, I need to check my scores. Mack Brown and Lane Kiffin are at the top of the Hot Seat list for sure this week.

Comment

Are they still glowing or are they glowering after playing their first 1A team of the season and having the 12.5 pt underdog Middies run for 444 Yds and a win?
                                                                        Unknown; I've only had 12 hours to gather data and I slept through most of it.

I've heard two different IU fans bring up the fact that Purdue barely beat the same Indiana State team IU lit up so I think it's still mostly positive re: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                          Charlie Weis and Kansas are undefeated. We just gave the wrong guy a new contract.
                                                                          Maybe we can get him back Is he still on payroll?
                                                                          #TeamKizer

Comment

Fans done with Lane Kiffin after timid offense undermines USC - CBSSports.com

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Trojans are bad; fans are mad at Lane Kiffin; is Pat Haden listening? - latimes.com

Bill Plaschke

Comment

• #40
                                                                                After reading those articles, It almost seems like Kiffin wants to get fired. He's ready to take his money and move on?
                                                                                2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Unknown; I've only had 12 hours to gather data and I slept through most of it.

I've heard two different IU fans bring up the fact that Purdue barely beat the same Indiana State team IU lit up so I think it's still mostly positive re: 2013.
                                                                                  haha, so pathetic.

the sycamores are a high school team
                                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Texas Longhorns reassign defensive coordinator Manny Diaz - ESPN

Texas was quick to get rid of the D-Coordinator.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Brown is definitely feeling the heat to make such a drastic move.

I hope Kiffin realizes he's gone and just gives up. Stops trying, recruiting, etc.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Kak7304 View Post
                                                                                        Brown is definitely feeling the heat to make such a drastic move.

I hope Kiffin realizes he's gone and just gives up. Stops trying, recruiting, etc.
                                                                                        Yea but then they will got get a good successful coach and that could be bad if USC is good again.

I wonder who Texas would go after?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                                          Yea but then they will got get a good successful coach and that could be bad if USC is good again.

Yeah that's how I feel about USC. I hope Kiffin stays forever.
                                                                                          "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                                            I do too, but I don't think he lasts after this season, unfortunately.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              heard Gruden wants to coach at sc

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Hot seat? Kelly.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

I don't know how any coach could be successfully with 55-60 scholarship players each week. I hope they keep him for a couple more years till the sanction effects are completely over.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ickythump1225 View Post
                                                                                                    I'm hearing Tyrone Willingham may be interested should the position become open!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X