TRANSFER TIME..start a list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRANSFER TIME..start a list

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Notably missing from the rotation on the rebuilt defensive line during the first practice of spring camp, Se'Von Pittman won't be returning for any more workouts with Ohio State.

The program confirmed late on Tuesday evening that the redshirt freshman has elected to transfer and was granted his release, ending his brief career with the Buckeyes.

1. Se'von Pittman-OSU
    2. Gunner Keil-ND
    Last edited by PANDFAN; 03-08-2013, 10:06 AM.
    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Whoa. Didn't see that coming
    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 03-06-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
      Whoa. Didn't see that coming
      me neither! BIG time loss there....i'm sure we will see some more that's why i created the thread so there was a compilation of them instead of random threads

Comment

I assume Hendrix is staying put? Before the NC game, he made some vague comments that would lead some to believe he's considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
          I assume Hendrix is staying put? Before the NC game, he made some vague comments that would lead some to believe he's considering it.

Mike Heuerman ‏@Mheuerman9
          Struggle's real @NDHendy12 pic.twitter.com/a8gW40K12m

i would assume he is staying put...NOT because of the pic..i just put it up as this was posted recently...seems to be pretty tight w/ some and his gf is at saint mary's.

Comment

Everett Golson

Comment

Originally posted by irishpat183 View Post
              Everett Golson
              Bold AND italicized? Now you're just confusing people, lol.

Comment

Irishpat183
                Last edited by pkt77242; 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

surprised on pittman...was supposed to challenge for playing time this spring.
                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I wonder where/why Pittman is transferring? I wonder if he heads down to the SEC, JC or another lower level conference. I think it's fair to say he's probably not staying in the Big 10. Apparently looking at Louisville

NCAAF Se'Von Pittman to transfer from Ohio State - ESPN

I guess it's an off the field problem for why he's transferring
                    Last edited by NewBrunswickIrish; 03-06-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBrunswickIrish View Post
                      I wonder where/why Pittman is transferring? I wonder if he heads down to the SEC, JC or another lower level conference. I think it's fair to say he's probably not staying in the Big 10. Apparently looking at Louisville

NCAAF Se'Von Pittman to transfer from Ohio State - ESPN

I guess it's an off the field problem for why he's transferring
                      Sources told The Dispatch it had to do with an off-the-field issue, and that Pittman was looking for a fresh start. While Pittman could not be reached for comment, sources said he was considering a transfer to Louisville if it can be worked out.

dang it...u edited it and now i look like i am just copying u...

Comment

This pleases me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                          This pleases me.
                          I see where you're coming from, but I hate Michigan so much that I want OSU to have superior talent.

Comment

Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                            Irishpat183
                            LOL.

I'm taking my talents to south beach.

Comment

Bold AND italicized? Now you're just confusing people, lol.
                              I have a source. I can't disclose it......I've already said too much

Comment

I have a source. I can't disclose it......I've already said too much
                                Honestly sounds like something Charlie would say, lol.

Comment

I don't know anything regarding Hendrix's intentions one way or the other, so I'm not in a position to say he will definitely not be transferring, but I strongly disagree with the idea that he said anything that could be construed to indicate he was considering it. I remember hearing people say that at the time, and I strongly disagreed with it then, too. IIRC, all he said was that he wanted to play - which every player in the country would say if you put a microphone in front of them - and the rest was about how much he enjoyed being at Notre Dame and I think he even said he was going to transfer. Combining all of that with what we know about his academic pursuits, it doesn't seem to make any sense that he would transfer prior to graduating. I wouldn't be shocked by a post-grad transfer, but I would hate to see rumors start flying again because someone misinterpreted some comments that are a few months old anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                    I don't know anything regarding Hendrix's intentions one way or the other, so I'm not in a position to say he will definitely not be transferring, but I strongly disagree with the idea that he said anything that could be construed to indicate he was considering it. I remember hearing people say that at the time, and I strongly disagreed with it then, too. IIRC, all he said was that he wanted to play - which every player in the country would say if you put a microphone in front of them - and the rest was about how much he enjoyed being at Notre Dame and I think he even said he was going to transfer. Combining all of that with what we know about his academic pursuits, it doesn't seem to make any sense that he would transfer prior to graduating. I wouldn't be shocked by a post-grad transfer, but I would hate to see rumors start flying again because someone misinterpreted some comments that are a few months old anyways.
                                    He hinted that he'd consider it:

IrishIllustrated.com - Hendrix: The next next man in

Comment

I really don't understand why this keeps coming up. I agree with Rhode; Hendrix didn't really say that he might consider transferring. A lot of people read a lot of stuff into his bowl game interviews that wasn't there. The most you could say is that he wouldn't exclude the possibility. I mean the article also says this:

The junior, studying to go to medical school after graduation, said he's two or three semesters from earning his diploma depending on his course load during the next round of summer school. Hendrix admitted leaving the University before reaching that finish line wouldn't make much sense, even if playing time doesn't come in South Bend.
                                      I'll be stunned if he transfers. Unless something has changed since the bowl game interviews, I put his chances of transferring at below 5%.

Now, if we are talking about a transfer after NEXT season, before his 5th year, that's a different story. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did that.
                                      Last edited by Emcee77; 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77;923471I really don't understand why this keeps coming up. I guess you could say that he hinted that he might consider transferring, but I'd say rather that he wouldn't exclude the possibility. I mean the article also says this:

[U
                                        I'll be stunned if he transfers[/U]. Unless something has changed since the bowl game interviews, I put his chances of transferring at below 5%.
                                        This thread made me remember the pre-NC game speculation.

Basically what I said in my OP.

Holy cow, I suck at bolding/underlining when quoting.

Comment

This thread made me remember the pre-NC game speculation.

Basically what I said in my OP.

Yeah you need to work on that.
                                          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

See Emcee's post. I honestly don't understand how anyone can read his comments and come away thinking he hinted he'd consider it. If anything, he says the opposite. I haven't spoken to Hendrix personally, but absent him telling me himself that he definitely isn't going anywhere I couldn't be more confident that he isn't going to transfer.

Comment

I teach at McKinley (where Pittman went) and have been asking my students all day why he transferred. Nothing concrete yet.
                                              Once a fan, always a fan. Married a Buckeye fan. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                See Emcee's post. I honestly don't understand how anyone can read his comments and come away thinking he hinted he'd consider it. If anything, he says the opposite. I haven't spoken to Hendrix personally, but absent him telling me himself that he definitely isn't going anywhere I couldn't be more confident that he isn't going to transfer.
                                                When asked about the possibility, he virtually said he would think about it:

"Big picture, we'll look at it after the season, but right now we're just focused on playing for the national championship," Hendrix said. "You have to assess things logically. Obviously Notre Dame is an unbelievable place. Anything can happen, you have no idea."

Again, I don't think he'll transfer and I'm not trying to start a debate, but IDK how you can't see how he opened the door for speculation. These are reportedly Hendrix's words. He didn't exactly say "No way, I'm staying at ND no matter what", closing the door on the idea of a transfer.
                                                Last edited by kuehnja; 03-06-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

"Big picture, we'll look at it after the season, but right now we're just focused on playing for the national championship," Hendrix said. "You have to assess things logically. Obviously Notre Dame is an unbelievable place. Anything can happen, you have no idea."

Again, I don't think he'll transfer and I'm not trying to start a debate, but IDK how you can't see how he opened the door for speculation. These are reportedly Hendrix's words. He didn't exactly say "No way, I'm staying at ND no matter what", closing the door on the idea of a transfer.
                                                  lol wut?? As I pointed out above, the article explains in the very next paragraph explains that Hendrix admitted that it wouldn't make sense to transfer before he gets his degree, when he is only 2 or 3 semesters away. If you think the bolded language suggests that he might transfer, it's because you are reading it in isolation instead of in context. If anything, that article suggests to me that Hendrix WILL PROBABLY NOT transfer before he graduates.

I agree with Rhode that it is misleading to say that Hendrix hinted he might transfer. At most, he declined to rule out the possibility. Bringing him up as a guy that might transfer is starting a rumor. Until there's something more concrete that suggests he might transfer, I propose we avoid bringing him up in threads like this.
                                                  Last edited by Emcee77; 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Rookie!

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                                      lol wut?? As I pointed out above, the article explains in the very next paragraph explains that Hendrix admitted that it wouldn't make sense to transfer before he gets his degree, when he is only 2 or 3 semesters away. If you think the bolded language suggests that he might transfer, it's because you are reading it in isolation instead of in context. If anything, that article suggests to me that Hendrix WILL PROBABLY NOT transfer before he graduates.

I agree with Rhode that it is misleading to say that Hendrix hinted he might transfer. At most, he declined to rule out the possibility. Bringing him up as a guy that might transfer is starting a rumor. Until there's something more concrete that suggests he might transfer, I propose we avoid bringing him up in threads like this.
                                                      We apparently read differently, but no, it's not. It's the title of the thread, so it's the right place for it. And I've offered no personal opinion (other than I think Hendrix stays), only provided quotes from Hendrix (note that as far as I know, these are Hendrix's most recent comments on the topic of transferring). If people take his direct words and turn it into something it's not, there's nothing you can do about that.

This reminds me of the guy from 'There's Something about Mary', who has the idea of '7 minute abs'. Then, Stiller asks 'what happens when someone comes out with 6 minute abs', and the guy freaks out, saying 'no, no, no, you can't do abs in 6 minutes!'. Lol. Great movie and even has Brett Favre.

Also, I never said he 'hinted he might transfer', I said he hinted that 'he'd consider it', which he said he would during the post-season.
                                                      Last edited by kuehnja; 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Exactly. What if BK had said the exact same thing Hendrix did regarding taking the Eagles job? Anybody here think we wouldn't be freaking out about him hinting at the possibility of leaving? Hendrix definitely left the door open, which is all kuehnja is saying he did.

Comment

Originally posted by A Pac View Post
                                                          I teach at McKinley (where Pittman went) and have been asking my students all day why he transferred. Nothing concrete yet.
                                                          He found out he wasnt going to be the next percy harvin

Comment

My read on the situation:

Hendrix is not leaving Notre Dame without an undergraduate degree. However, he could get a 5th year from the NCAA, and he might be interested in using that 5th year somewhere where he will play(assuming that he will still be the backup at ND). If he wants to go to Med School, then he most likely will not be playing his 5th year at ND, anyway. ND's rules state that, in order to get a 5th year, the student athlete must have completed his undergraduate degree, and be accepted and enrolled in a graduate course of study. Hendrix is unlikely to be admitted to any graduate program at ND, with the knowledge that he will only be there a year, to play football, before moving on to Med School somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                              He found out he wasnt going to be the next percy harvin
                                                              He!!, he's not even going to be the next Percy Snow! (another McKinley grad, Michigan State Class of 1990)

Comment

And I've offered no personal opinion (other than I think Hendrix stays), only provided quotes from Hendrix (note that as far as I know, these are Hendrix's most recent comments on the topic of transferring). If people take his direct words and turn it into something it's not, there's nothing you can do about that.
                                                                Something you could do is not bring Hendrix up at all in this conversation. The comments you've pointed us to provide little to no support for the conclusion that Hendrix is transferring, unless you take isolated sentences out of the context of the whole interview. Bringing these comments up in this thread is likely to do more harm, by leading to the start of unfounded rumors that Hendrix is considering a transfer, than good, by contributing to a discussion about NCAA transfers.

It's already in this thread so there's nothing we can do about it now; I guess I'm just preaching. But kuehnja, since you are big on forum etiquette, I'll say that I think the best practice in the future is to avoid bringing up comments, like Hendrix's, which are likely to mislead and provide very little useful information.

Comment

Something you could do is not bring Hendrix up at all in this conversation. The comments you've pointed us to provide little to no support for the conclusion that Hendrix is transferring, unless you take isolated sentences out of the context of the whole interview. Bringing these comments up in this thread is likely to do more harm, by leading to the start of unfounded rumors that Hendrix is considering a transfer, than good, by contributing to a discussion about NCAA transfers.

It's already in this thread so there's nothing we can do about it now; I guess I'm just preaching. But kuehnja, since you are big on forum etiquette, I'll say that I think the best practice in the future is to avoid bringing up comments, like Hendrix's, which are likely to mislead and provide very little useful information.
                                                                  Do you read? When has my conclusion been that Hendrix is transfering??? I've feverishly stated I do not think he will, I simply asked (because it's related to the thread title) if anyone had heard anything else on Hendrix since his pre-NC game comments. Then you said he's 'never hinted that he'd consider it' and so I posted his direct words, shooting down your claim. Lol at all of this, just relax.

And don't tell me I'm reading it wrong or that my question about Hendrix was unwarranted. It happened, he hinted that he'd consider it after the season, but it looks like he's not transfering. End of story, lol.
                                                                  Last edited by kuehnja; 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Do you read? When has my conclusion been that Hendrix is transfering??? I've feverishly stated I do not think he will, I simply asked (because it's related to the thread title) if anyone had heard anything else on Hendrix since his pre-NC game comments. Then you said he's 'never hinted that he'd consider it' and so I posted his direct words, shooting down your claim. Lol at all of this, just relax.
                                                                    Gosh, I'm doing a poor job of making myself understood, but I think this is important so I'll persist. Whether you personally believe Hendrix is going to transfer is irrelevant. I don't care what you think. I care about an unfounded, runaway rumor about one of our players on this message board, and comments like the ones you made and relayed are the sort of comments that can start such rumors. Since you agree that Hendrix is unlikely to transfer, I don't know why you insist that it was important to bring up the fact that Hendrix had "made some vague comments that would lead some to believe he's considering" transferring. Your words:

Since his comments were so weak and vague as to be practically insignificant, as you practically admit, wouldn't it have been better not to bring this up at all? I think it would have. No chance of people taking his comments and misconstruing them. You seem to alternate between saying you don't think he's transferring and you think he might consider it, and I'm not sure which you believe, but it doesn't matter. The point is just that the comments were so insubstantial that the danger of starting a rumor outweighed the value of any information they may have provided.
                                                                    Last edited by Emcee77; 03-06-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Gosh, I'm doing a poor job of making myself understood, but I think this is important so I'll persist. Whether you personally believe Hendrix is going to transfer is irrelevant. I don't care what you think. I care about an unfounded, runaway rumor on this message board. Since you agree that Hendrix is unlikely to transfer, I don't know why you insist that it was important to bring up the fact that Hendrix had "made some vague comments that would lead some to believe he's considering" transferring. Your words:

Since his comments were so weak and vague as to be practically insignificant, as you practically admit, wouldn't it have been better not to bring this up at all? I think it would have. No chance of people taking his comments and misconstruing them. You seem to alternate between saying you don't think he's transferring and you think he might consider it, and I'm not sure which you believe, but it doesn't matter. The point is just that the comments were so insubstantial that the danger of starting a rumor outweighed any information they may have provided.
                                                                      No, because I wasn't sure if the question of him considering a transfer after the season had more to it, or if his pre-NC comments were the last we knew of it. I don't follow him on twitter, so I wanted to see if anyone learned anything since then.

I mean, it's his quotes. If people misconstruct quotes, so be it. They can think whatever they want, you and I aren't providing hear-say (at least as far as we can tell).

No, I do not think he will transfer. No, I never said 'I think he will consider it'. The latter is what Hendrix basically said, not me ;).

This is dumb and I have no hard feelings. I'm checking out of this one before you and I get nominated for the 'what grinds your gears' thread, lol.
                                                                      Last edited by kuehnja; 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

geeesh... sorry I clicked on this one. Just nice nobody has started the Gunner transfer coversation.... LOL.
                                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

I don't understand why Hendrix's name was brought up in the first place. He isn't transferring (at least not before he graduates) so what was the point?

Comment

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Hey, didn't Hendrix make a vague comment that could lead one to believe that he may consider a transfer at some point? Not saying he will, but I think it was out there. I tell ya, that would really grind my gears but I don't think he will.
                                                                              I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Gosh, I'm doing a poor job of making myself understood, but I think this is important so I'll persist. Whether you personally believe Hendrix is going to transfer is irrelevant. I don't care what you think. I care about an unfounded, runaway rumor about one of our players on this message board, and comments like the ones you made and relayed are the sort of comments that can start such rumors. Since you agree that Hendrix is unlikely to transfer, I don't know why you insist that it was important to bring up the fact that Hendrix had "made some vague comments that would lead some to believe he's considering" transferring.
                                                                                I think you are over-reacting a bit, on the transfer rumors thing. I know that some players, and other folks associated with the program, have occasionally mentioned reading some things here, but I doubt that the question about Hendrix, here in this thread, was going to cause Reuters to speculate about where Hendrix will land, after he transfers from ND. And there was plenty of clarification, from many others, to keep any rumors from gaining traction, IMO.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  This thread is a good idea as long it's kept to actual transfers.

Why don't we start over with a new thread and let this one die?!
                                                                                  Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    could mods could erase the stuff about hendrix

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I don't see why there is a need to erase the Hendrix stuff. The possibility and speculation are both there.
                                                                                      I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I can't see it being a surprise if Hendrix would leave. He's quite probably #4 on the depth chart at the moment, and that depends on what happens when Zaire is up to speed. The kid has talent, but he's kind of buried right now and out of sight. Whether he decides to stay for the team and/or finish his degree at Notre Dame will be up to him, but I wouldn't be suprised nor would I fault him if he left before his undergraduate or at least after.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I see where you're coming from, but I hate Michigan so much that I want OSU to have superior talent.
                                                                                          Same here. And because I hate Penn St. so much too.
                                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            LOL.

I'm taking my talents to south beach.
                                                                                            Talents?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              keep the ball rolling as i will update the list..

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I heard some Keil guy is leaving?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Qtrbk. loss hurts

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                                  me neither! BIG time loss there....i'm sure we will see some more that's why i created the thread so there was a compilation of them instead of random threads
                                                                                                  Losing Kiel will hurt the team. I think he would have beaten Golson for the starting job. I also think Hendrix was likely to transfer if Kiel stayed. I'm wondering what he was told by the coaching staff to cause this sudden turn of events. Big loss in my opinion.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Irish52 View Post
                                                                                                    Losing Kiel will hurt the team. I think he would have beaten Golson for the starting job. I also think Hendrix was likely to transfer if Kiel stayed. I'm wondering what he was told by the coaching staff to cause this sudden turn of events. Big loss in my opinion.
                                                                                                    I hate losing Keil, but his transfer should solidify the fact that he couldn't win the startin job. How can you think he could if Keil didn't even think he could? If he thought he could he would stay. I'm bummed but I'm not going to lose sleep over losing someone who wouldn't even invest in their own self over another competitor (golson).

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X