Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Alabama

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
    That part doesnít bother me nearly as much as stashing high profile people on his staff as analysts. Paying Butch Jones, Michael Stoops, Major Applewhite 35,000 to 45,000 for their services is insane. In return they all get to attend Nick Sabanís graduate school of coaching.
    Is that all they pay them? I knew it wasn't much and it didn't matter because they are all making millions on their buyouts.
    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NDRock View Post
      Is that all they pay them? I knew it wasn't much and it didn't matter because they are all making millions on their buyouts.
      alot of these guys if they take actual HC or coordinator gigs then the schools that fired them don't have to keep paying them. It's in their interest to stay off sidelines
      What did Davonte do?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
        alot of these guys if they take actual HC or coordinator gigs then the schools that fired them don't have to keep paying them. It's in their interest to stay off sidelines
        You follow the Arkansas lawsuit against the Patriots for keeping Fat Brett's salary below market level? I am surprised more schools don't do that quite honestly.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
          alot of these guys if they take actual HC or coordinator gigs then the schools that fired them don't have to keep paying them. It's in their interest to stay off sidelines
          Yeah, I know Tennessee fans arenít thrilled with having to pay Butch Jones these last few years. I thin Pruitt gets a full pay out even if he gets another job. The contracts these coaches get keep getting better and better.
          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

          Comment


          • Good News: Charles Huff hired as Marshall HC, takes one of the top recruiters off the recruiting circuit

            Bad News: Charles Huff hired as Marshall HC, Alabama is now in need of a RBs Coach

            Comment


            • I know saban if used to some turnover but this year seems to be the most he's had with sark taking done guys with him.
              Prehistoric

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                Good News: Charles Huff hired as Marshall HC, takes one of the top recruiters off the recruiting circuit

                Bad News: Charles Huff hired as Marshall HC, Alabama is now in need of a RBs Coach
                Important thing I myself had to remember, Taylor has the Run Game Coordinator title at ND. If Bama comes calling it would be a demotion, hopefully that keeps them away.

                Comment


                • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Colorado DE, former Alabama 5-star Antonio Alfano arrested: <a href="https://t.co/4UQPShQcE6">https://t.co/4UQPShQcE6</a> <a href="https://t.co/NBgWq1vUHy">pic.twitter.com/NBgWq1vUHy</a></p>&mdash; 247Sports (@247Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1350781530566766592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2021</a></blockquote>

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Colorado DE, former Alabama 5-star Antonio Alfano arrested: <a href="https://t.co/4UQPShQcE6">https://t.co/4UQPShQcE6</a> <a href="https://t.co/NBgWq1vUHy">pic.twitter.com/NBgWq1vUHy</a></p>&mdash; 247Sports (@247Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1350781530566766592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2021</a></blockquote>
                    Not sure what's going on with that kid. He talks about serious problems with epilepsy in the article, but I don't think that was ever mentioned in his brief time at Bama. He seemed to have some major maturity and attitude issues there. I know his dad even expressed some frustration over his behavior there and Saban tried to get him back on track, but to no avail. I hope he gets his issues sorted out and does OK.
                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                    Comment


                    • They signed the best recruiting class ever today. Oh yea.....
                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                      Comment


                      • This was funny. Earlier this week, A&M HC Jimbo Fisher was asked what it would take for his team to beat Bama outside of Saban retiring. Jimbo snapped back, "We're going to beat his ass when he's there, don't worry!"

                        Saban's response, when told about it was, "In golf?" LOL
                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                          This was funny. Earlier this week, A&M HC Jimbo Fisher was asked what it would take for his team to beat Bama outside of Saban retiring. Jimbo snapped back, "We're going to beat his ass when he's there, don't worry!"

                          Saban's response, when told about it was, "In golf?" LOL
                          Saban lives rent free in as many or more heads than Belichick.

                          Btw...Saban would beat him at golf too. Jimbo ain't done shit without Jameis.
                          Based Mullet Kid owns

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                            Saban lives rent free in as many or more heads than Belichick.

                            Btw...Saban would beat him at golf too. Jimbo ain't done shit without Jameis.
                            I agree with you about Jimbo since JW. I think he's overrated.
                            Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                              This was funny. Earlier this week, A&M HC Jimbo Fisher was asked what it would take for his team to beat Bama outside of Saban retiring. Jimbo snapped back, "We're going to beat his ass when he's there, don't worry!"

                              Saban's response, when told about it was, "In golf?" LOL
                              This man is quickly moving up my list of favorite coaches to despise out of jealousy. He's developed a recruiting machine that gives him unlimited clay in which he molds and changes his team's identity. And he can be funny as hell.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

                                This man is quickly moving up my list of favorite coaches to despise out of jealousy. He's developed a recruiting machine that gives him unlimited clay in which he molds and changes his team's identity. And he can be funny as hell.
                                I think most people overlook that part of him. They see the fiery guy ranting during a presser (about 95% staged for effect) or blowing up on the sidelines, and think he's a humorless ass, but he's also funny as hell a lot of times.
                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                Comment


                                • Saban signed an extension that takes him through the 2028 season. IIRC, he's older than when Bear passed away.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                    Saban signed an extension that takes him through the 2028 season. IIRC, he's older than when Bear passed away.
                                    Saban doesn't smoke (cigarettes), just opponents.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                      Saban signed an extension that takes him through the 2028 season. IIRC, he's older than when Bear passed away.
                                      Yep, he's already a few months older than Bryant when he passed away. Of course, Bryant was a hard drinking, heavy smoker who looked a lot older than he actually was.
                                      Last edited by Bishop2b5; 06-08-2021, 11:59 AM.
                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                        Yep, he's already a few months older then Bryant when he passed away. Of course, Bryant was a hard drinking, heavy smoker who looked a lot older than he actually was.
                                        Unrelated but.... how would I get someone hooked on cigarettes and alcohol? Asking for a friend.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

                                          Unrelated but.... how would I get someone hooked on cigarettes and alcohol? Asking for a friend.


                                          I kid. At this point we can only hope Saban grows bored and wants to spend more time with the grandkids someday lol

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                            Yep, he's already a few months older than Bryant when he passed away. Of course, Bryant was a hard drinking, heavy smoker who looked a lot older than he actually was.
                                            Back when men were men.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post



                                              I kid. At this point we can only hope Saban grows bored and wants to spend more time with the grandkids someday lol
                                              I'm just hoping he decides he wants a new challenge in his 70s. He needs to prove he can do it in the NFL. Or in the NBA. Anywhere besides Bama

                                              Comment


                                              • College free agency, NIL, expanded playoffs, watching Tackett Curtis pick ND... what's gonna break him???

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                  College free agency, NIL, expanded playoffs, watching Tackett Curtis pick ND... what's gonna break him???
                                                  You guys are going about this the wrong way. He's built to outwork every other coach, and to adapt and overcome any changes in the CFB landscape. His kryptonite has been staring you in the face for more than a decade. He's openly spoke of it countless times. Somebody needs to blow up the bakery where they make Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. Buy up all the ones on shelves, torch the bakery. Mission accomplished.
                                                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                                    You guys are going about this the wrong way. He's built to outwork every other coach, and to adapt and overcome any changes in the CFB landscape. His kryptonite has been staring you in the face for more than a decade. He's openly spoke of it countless times. Somebody needs to blow up the bakery where they make Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. Buy up all the ones on shelves, torch the bakery. Mission accomplished.
                                                    Na, it'll never work! The University would just construct a Little Debbie factory on campus to solve the problem.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                                      You guys are going about this the wrong way. He's built to outwork every other coach, and to adapt and overcome any changes in the CFB landscape. His kryptonite has been staring you in the face for more than a decade. He's openly spoke of it countless times. Somebody needs to blow up the bakery where they make Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. Buy up all the ones on shelves, torch the bakery. Mission accomplished.
                                                      It’s just north of Chattanooga. Owners are all Adventist so hit it on a Saturday when nobody will be around.
                                                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                      Comment

                                                      Adsense

                                                      Collapse
                                                      Working...
                                                      X