Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe there's just something in the LA water...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe there's just something in the LA water...

QB Eddie Printz says UCLA scholarship offer was withdrawn | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Just wow. They get him to flop from a school, and then pull his scholarship offer a couple months later? This is maybe even worse than SEC-esque... can't remember even Saban doing something like this.

Shame on you, Jim Mora.

Shady, shady, shady :/
    Hi!

Comment

Well UCLA didn't wait until the kid had signed a LOI, get on campus, and when moving into the dorm, inform him he no longer has a scholarship. That's pretty bad. At least this kid has time to sign with another school, so this isn't as bad as Saban or Miles.

Comment

Something in the water in LA.
        "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Why are we surprised when kids take benefits, or otherwise do selfish things that reflect poorly on the institutions they attend? Why are we surprised when someone embezzles or places their bonus over what they know to be right. This is learned behavior.
          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

What is the difference between a kid decommitting and a school backing out of a verbal committ?
            I find it hard for anyone find a meaningful difference. It works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by micks60 View Post
              What is the difference between a kid decommitting and a school backing out of a verbal committ?
              I find it hard for anyone find a meaningful difference. It works both ways.
              One is a kid, trying to balance a lot of factors in probably their first and most critical decision and the other is an institution of higher learning where most have missions that include concepts like educating the individual and developing productive, responsible, leaders of the future. In a microcosm this is what is wrong with the country and society in general, IMHO.
              Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                One is a kid, trying to balance a lot of factors in probably their first and most critical decision and the other is an institution of higher learning where most have missions that include concepts like educating the individual and developing productive, responsible, leaders of the future. In a microcosm this is what is wrong with the country and society in general, IMHO.
                But pulling a scholarship now gives the kid a chance to find another home. He wasn't asked to greyshirt. Lots of schools do this. Prefer this over several of the SEC policies, but I guess its an LA problem.

Comment

I think it was the fact that the family had to call UCLA to even find out about it, UCLA did not tell him is the worst part.
                  Hi!

Comment

Originally posted by ndfi78 View Post
                    I think it was the fact that the family had to call UCLA to even find out about it, UCLA did not tell him is the worst part.
                    amen, and the fact that they wouldn't take his calls ....dick move!
                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

maybe its not the water in LA, it might be the heat in LA right now, its super hot and 108+ tempatures predicted for the next 2 days....thats what I find appauling..
                      YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                      Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

Originally posted by TDHeysus View Post
                        maybe its not the water in LA, it might be the heat in LA right now, its super hot and 108+ tempatures predicted for the next 2 days....thats what I find appauling..
                        Right there with ya bro. Oh, and that stuff in the water is likely dead bodies.
                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Yup, it's in the water out here for sure. Can't expect too many wonderful things out of this cesspool anymore. NDinLA had the right idea, get out before you and your loved ones become infected.

Comment

I think it is Kiffin's fault!

Comment

The coaches out here Carroll Kiffin and Mora are all former NFL coaches(even kiffin who was barely with the Raiders) I think they are just used to releasing players. Still that is no excuse for what has been going on out here. I have always thought of UCLA of the good guys. I'm surprised Mora did this but he has done some controversial things already so you just never know.

Comment

Dear UCLA... please just beat SC...

that is all.
                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

From Minneapolis where the high was 95 on Tuesday and 57 on Wednesday: it's "temperature," not "tempature" and "appalling," not "appauling." Spell Check on- the- fly can be a good thing.

Jeez, this Grammar Hammer designation thingy can be a pain in the arse ...

Comment

Originally posted by dshans View Post
                                    From Minneapolis where the high was 95 on Tuesday and 57 on Wednesday: it's "temperature," not "tempature" and "appalling," not "appauling." Spell Check on- the- fly can be a good thing.

Fight the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by dshans View Post

It might be a pain but I, for one, appreciate your work.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                        Dear UCLA... please just beat SC...

that is all.
                                        UCLA definitely looks solid this year... there is a chance.

Comment

Last edited by dshans; 09-13-2012, 08:57 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

Maybe on the West Side of LA...
                                            "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                            Working...
                                            X