Barkley's Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barkley's Decision

Per ESPN, Barkley is announcing his decision on whether to go pro or stay at 4 PM eastern time today. Fingers crossed for good news

I'd have to imagine he's coming back if he's making a special announcement for it?

Comment

I think he'll do very well in the NFL.

Comment

Why the hell would he have a press conference for to announce he's coming back to school? That makes no sense.

Comment

That's the feeling I'm getting too

Comment

Originally posted by Irish2015 View Post
            I'd have to imagine he's coming back if he's making a special announcement for it?
            Special announcement to tell everyone your staying in school is really stupid. Andrew Luck put out a one sentence statement saying he was staying in school.

Comment

I really, really hope he goes pro.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyIrish View Post
                Special announcement to tell everyone your staying in school is really stupid. Andrew Luck put out a one sentence statement saying he was staying in school.
                Just as simple to put up a one sentence statement saying your going pro. Holding a press conference is stupid in inself no one cares. My opinion is that he's going to announce he's staying.

Comment

Why the hell would he have a press conference for to announce he's coming back to school? That makes no sense.

Leinart did it...

TJ McDonald did it as well just yesterday.

Comment

Just as simple to put up a one sentence statement saying your going pro. Holding a press conference is stupid in inself no one cares. My opinion is that he's going to announce he's staying.
                    Just usually its big news when there is a press conference. What would be bigger news? Him leaving or him staying? If we can figure that out then I think we figure out his decision. I hope he goes but I think he's staying too.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                      Leinart did it...

TJ McDonald did it as well just yesterday.
                      These kids kill me that they feel they deserve a press conference to announce if they are going to the NFL or not.

Comment

I don't see any reason for him to stay. Personally, I'd go and wouldn't waste another year. Although I'm sure the womenz are lovely.

Comment

Where's McGibblets? Can we get some action on this?

Comment

He gone stay. IMO

I see him as the type of kid who's not worried about the money and wants to leave USC on a good note after the sanctions and all that.

Comment

Let's hope he does the Mark Sanchez thing and declares...I dont want to see him ever again, even if Kalil isn't protecting his blind side

Comment

Yeah, I still have nightmares about "Barkley to Woods" and "Barkley to Lee." Hoping he takes his talents to South Beach...or Washington.
                                The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                  Leinart did it...
                                  Was also a huge mistake for him. He's a guaranteed 1st round pick if he declares.

Comment

Originally posted by sportallyr View Post
                                    Yeah, I still have nightmares about "Barkley to Woods" and "Barkley to Lee." Hoping he takes his talents to South Beach...or Washington.
                                    I'll take him on my 'skins...He or RG3 would be absolutely lovely!

Comment

Love him or hate him...he is a heck of a player and seems like a good kid. That being said...I hope he is gone from $c.
                                      "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

I hope he stays and we beat him next year and Kiffin has no excuses as to why they lost... even though he'd make one up anyway.

Comment

I think he ends up staying.

Best of luck. He seems like a good kid who has his stuff together.
                                          He's been described as having poor coverage skills with below average instincts and issues with tackling. Picture a safety slightly better than Sergio Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                            Where's McGibblets? Can we get some action on this?
                                            uh oh, good call.

Comment

I think the bottom line is that if you're going to declare you do it like Kalil and everyone else does and just make a statement. If you're going to stay, PR boy Kiffin has you do a press conference to talk about how USC is sooooooooo great. TJ mcdonald having a press conference was a total joke because the guy was, at best, a 4thteam round pick. Only reason he had one is because its a PR move.

Comment

Not feeling good about this one guys. I've been exchanging texts with my friend at HH and she told me that she thinks they're getting an early Christmas present and I should watch the presser, and her last text, when I told her I couldn't watch it, she said she'd DVR it for me.

He's coming back IMO, and that EFFING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously can't hear about their greatness for another effing year +. Kiffin was supposed to be exposed next year, and now we'll have to wait another year. Sigh...

(Hope I'm wrong)
                                                sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Really don't want to see him pump-faking our linebackers again next year.
                                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

The fact that TJ McDonald and Matt Barkley met earlier this week does not bode well. A friend close to the program also said that his girlfriend his due to graduate next year so he might wait for her as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                      Not feeling good about this one guys. I've been exchanging texts with my friend at HH and she told me that she thinks they're getting an early Christmas present and I should watch the presser, and her last text, when I told her I couldn't watch it, she said she'd DVR it for me.

He's coming back IMO, and that EFFING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously can't hear about their greatness for another effing year +. Kiffin was supposed to be exposed next year, and now we'll have to wait another year. Sigh...

(Hope I'm wrong)
                                                      Unfortuanly I feel that you are right and he's comming back......ugh. I would have been sweet to have have U$C, Mich St. Oklahoma, and Stanford all breaking in new QB's.
                                                      Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

Comment

Kiper seems to believe his decision would be based off of Kalil's decision and McShay feels he's gone...but I'll take your guys' info and gut feelings any day of the week...

Comment

McShay thinks he's gone? 500,000 vBucks says he's staying then.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                            I would but...
                                                            1). I don't know how to make a bet
                                                            2). I agree he's staying
                                                            3). I don't have that much vbucks

Comment

I wasn't fishing for a bet so much as pointing out that McShay is always wrong. If he thinks A, bet the farm on B.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyND24 View Post
                                                                Kiper seems to believe his decision would be based off of Kalil's decision and McShay feels he's gone...but I'll take your guys' info and gut feelings any day of the week...
                                                                Here is the thing. Nobody knows anything and nothing has been leaked out. He could go or he could stay but the way it has been laid out right before Christmas, the feeling around HH, the Heisman trophies in the background w/ a Christmas tree, the meeting with TJ McDonald says they are getting an early Christmas present. All the USC players seem to think he is coming back. Also a friend told me that Kalil has not yet hired an agent and if Barkley comes back that it might sway him back. I highly doubt that would be the case but you never know. Barkley coming back and they are preseason #1. He leaves and they are top 10.

Comment

I wasn't fishing for a bet so much as pointing out that McShay is always wrong. If he thinks A, bet the farm on B.
                                                                  haha yeah I figured as much, and you are correct sir, McSay is wrong A LOT. I don't know who he gives sexual favors to in order to keep his job but he must be good at it.

Comment

These kids kill me that they feel they deserve a press conference to announce if they are going to the NFL or not.
                                                                    Jimmy Clausen and his 4 national championships hummer ride to the college football HOF laugh at you.

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
                                                                      Jimmy Clausen and his 4 national championships hummer ride to the college football HOF laugh at you.
                                                                      Didn't say I agreed with it.

Comment

Would love to see McShay and Tim Kirkjian in a cage match. It would likely be a pillow fight, but they are both useless. I hope Barkley goes for the obvious Condoms would be worse reason, but also it would put another player at a position the Pats don't need in the draft. This would leave an additional option for them to choose from in a position they need. Of course, Belicheck will likely trade down out of the first round anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by condoms SUCk View Post
                                                                          haha yeah I figured as much, and you are correct sir, McSay is wrong A LOT. I don't know who he gives sexual favors to in order to keep his job but he must be good at it.
                                                                          Kiper Jr.

Comment

Looks like he is staying to me.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Carlyle Javar Holiday View Post

...and apparently he is already accepting the Heisman for next year. They probably just took the name plate off Reggie's old trophy and slapped on a new one.
                                                                              Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 12-22-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Carlyle Javar Holiday View Post

Where's Reggie's?!
                                                                                "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  @JasonLaCanfora: FWIW, chatter in agent community is that Matt Barkley staying in school.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Why take a pay cut to go pro?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Returning his talents to South Central?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Barkley just following in Leinarts footsteps, announcing he's coming back in a press conference. Luck at least did it in a classy way. Think I might start organizing a pressed for myself announcing I have zero ambition of playing in the NFL

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          That display reeks of arrogance.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I think he returns...

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              This crap's ridiculous. ESPN carrying it live?!?!?

Who gives a s#it!?!?!?!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I think he returns

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                                  That display reeks of arrogance.
                                                                                                  And Kiffin. I'm sure he'll have that F****** smug look on his face after this travmockery of a presser.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X