No announcement yet.

"USC Findings Announced Friday", ESPN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "USC Findings Announced Friday", ESPN.

Source: NCAA committee on infraction findings on USC football, basketball to come Friday - ESPN Los Angeles

I donno if it really will happen, but the sources say so. Who am I to argue?
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 05-30-2010, 08:54 PM.

REPEAT OFFENDERS!!!!

Comment

I want death... but we're gonna get a slap on the wrist.

Comment

Send them to federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison.

Comment

They have to forfeit the title and lose at least a few scholly's or they got away with it... those are the two big things that must happen to me...

the interesting thing is they'll almost certainly get to keep the bogus title they claimed over LSU... seeing how self procalimed titles aren't as cut and dry as straight up actualy national titles... so the lesson is...don't ever win the BCS, just claim you did and nothing can ever happen to you...

;)
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Screw both of them. LSU and USC boo!

Comment

Woukd love to see them love schollys and not be allowed to be on tv and forfeit the NC. That to me woukd be perfect

Comment

This might come across as a dumb question, but what does not being on tv exactly mean? Just no national tv? And how would that effect the games with notre dame?

Comment

Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                  This might come across as a dumb question, but what does not being on tv exactly mean? Just no national tv? And how would that effect the games with notre dame?
                  Interesting question. I almost think not being on T.V. every week would help N.D. Other teams might not circle that game as intensely and officiating might improve. Just something I've thought of for a while and maybe someone with a like mind can better articulate...

But if N.D. were not on T.V. every week, I would drive to the ends to find the game...
                  Last edited by NeuteredDoomer; 06-01-2010, 02:43 AM. Reason: I didn't wear socks on my hoolfeses today

Comment

Yea I would be furious if I didn't get my ND every week. Well if USC is not allowed to be on television, what would happen with the Notre Dame game if it was in South Bend? I think NBC would be furious if they couldn't broadcast the game. Someone get to the bottom of this and get me an answer ASAP. Thanks. :D

Comment

Yea I would be furious if I didn't get my ND every week. Well if USC is not allowed to be on television, what would happen with the Notre Dame game if it was in South Bend? I think NBC would be furious if they couldn't broadcast the game. Someone get to the bottom of this and get me an answer ASAP. Thanks. :)

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                        ...Well if USC is not allowed to be on television, what would happen with the Notre Dame game if it was in South Bend? I think NBC would be furious if they couldn't broadcast the game. Someone get to the bottom of this and get me an answer ASAP. Thanks. :D
                        I studied our bottoms as quickly as possible Boss, and decided shit would hit the fan.

Please don't hit me.

Maybe part of the penalty could be USC paying N.D. and NBC for lost funds.

This is kinda like the "unstoppable force meeting an immovable object" question.

Shit happens.

Comment

One thing that would never, EVER happen to a major program in terms of punishment in this day and age is television resritctions... too much money at stake, even if they are hit hard, USC will still draw a bigger rating than Baylor...
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                            Yea I would be furious if I didn't get my ND every week. Well if USC is not allowed to be on television, what would happen with the Notre Dame game if it was in South Bend? I think NBC would be furious if they couldn't broadcast the game. Someone get to the bottom of this and get me an answer ASAP. Thanks. :)
                            NBC will broadcast the game! NBC Execs have the solution in hand.

With the wonders of television technology bringing us such goodies as Instant Replay, Split Screens, Reverse Angle Projection, the colorful Line of Scrimmage "brought to you by Xerox" (or enter your advertiser of choice), SloMo, and Freeze Frame, expect NBC to be ready with the NCAA endorsed, Probationary Stealth Screen.

The NCAA recognizes that the players and fans of non offending teams should not have to suffer a blackout due to the moral ineptitude of others. "Probie" allows all the action of teams in good standing to be viewed by the audience in its entirety while blacking out only the members of the probationary team. Likewise the Game Crew will not mention any player or coach of a probationary team during the Play By Play or Color Commentary. NBC will provide a time delay to ensure that no probationary names are broadcast. This will have a secondary effect of greatly reducing Tom Hammond misnaming players in on the action.

In keeping with NBC policy, TV timeouts will only take place when the viewable team is moving the football.

Comment

Thanks Neutered and BGIF for the insight!

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                One thing that would never, EVER happen to a major program in terms of punishment in this day and age is television resritctions... too much money at stake, even if they are hit hard, USC will still draw a bigger rating than Baylor...
                                I say hit 'em where it hurts most. Vacate victories, specifically the NC in 2004. Let them keep the schollys, and let them they play on regional television only; NO national broadcast games, NO saturday night games that involve USC, etc. Also a 2 year post season ban. The 2 year post season ban would be there specifically so they cannot capitlize on the benefits of their violations.

i think that is fair.

but it wont happen, the NCAA can swoop down on Alabama, Michigan, and UCONN in a swift manner but cant do sheet when it comes to USC. I have zero confidence in the NCAA to do what is right. The NCAA at best, is inept and ineffective.
                                YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

I'll wait until Saturday morning to agree with you...

Comment

I don't know if it has been posted here yet...but sources are saying USC will learn Wed of the NCAA findings. They will be given until Friday for the annoucement. I can't wait for the loose lips in LA to start talking sanctions or lack there of.

Comment

Posted by John Taylor on June 1, 2010 3:52 PM ET
                                      It was reported on ESPN Los Angeles.com over the weekend that the NCAA's findings on its investigation into USC's football and basketball programs would be released on Friday.

However, another arm of the network's sprawling empire reports that the school will find out about the results of the probe much earlier.

By way of our buddy SportsByBrooks, ESPN radio "personality" Colin Cowherd reported on his nationally-syndicated show today that USC will learn its fate on Wednesday. Additionally, a source told Cowherd "that USC will be given two days, 48 hours notice, damage control preparation."

Which means, and as noted by Cowherd himself, loose lips will start flapping and word will likely begin to leak tomorrow on the sanctions -- or lack thereof -- the football program will be facing.

Provided the source is correct, of course.

In other words, get your popcorn ready. It could be a very, very interesting day tomorrow. Or not. One of the two.

Comment

cowherd knows all about loose lips! lol!

Comment

that is what she said?

Comment

Hang them high!

Comment

Hey, what time does NDinL.A. get home? He always has good inside info.

NDinL.A. - where you at?
                                              “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

It's only 2:30 here... if he works a typical 9-5 job it could be a few hours

Comment

OJ simpson is reported as saying to USC they should have used the Glove thing......

Comment

Originally posted by BestBIrish47 View Post
                                                    OJ simpson is reported as saying to USC they should have used the Glove thing......
                                                    Or better yet... "It's not like they killed someone."

Comment

This just in....the entire USC athletic department has escaped in 100 white broncos..... what are the odds

Comment

Wait , that was Just OJ playing a joke on us.... he is such a Cut up.... (Zing) I mean this guy was such a great Cut back artist (Whammy) I mean his slashing style was tough to aprehend.... what...what... ok I will stop...

Comment

it worked before, why not go to the well until its dry??

Comment

It's only 2:30 here... if he works a typical 9-5 job it could be a few hours
                                                            He's a teacher, so maybe he will be home sooner than that.

sets up folding chair in NDinL.A.'s driveway. Opens box of Cracker Jacks and hopes NeuteredDoomer shows up too.
                                                            “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post

sets up folding chair in NDinL.A.'s driveway. Opens box of Cracker Jacks and hopes NeuteredDoomer shows up too.
                                                              Can I come too... how long does it take from Texas...Hmmmm.... you know I will bring Beer, Guns, and the December 2006 issue of Big Uns being from Texas and all...

Comment

Can I come too....
                                                                That's what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
                                                                  That's what she said.
                                                                  Then I say..oh I am sorry but no... you can't.... Matlock comes on in 5minutes...we are on a time table here...no put the pillow back over your face please...I said no eye contact...

Comment

Can I come too... how long does it take from Texas...Hmmmm.... you know I will bring Beer, Guns, and the December 2006 issue of Big Uns being from Texas and all...
                                                                    Da more, da merrier! Beer and guns? What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Da more, da merrier! Beer and guns? What could possibly go wrong?
                                                                      I'll be there GoIrish!!! I'll bring deer and puns.

Comment

Hey Neutered I will bring you some pizza...I know a place where they use less "DOE" and you can save a "Buck"..anyone...anyone.... (crickets)

Comment

So am I... apparently his district doesn't get out or summer as early as mine does...

:)

Comment

So am I... apparently his district doesn't get out or summer as early as mine does...

:)
                                                                            Yeah, my niece goes to school out in the Inland Empire and she is out of school tomorrow. Schools here in Orange County have another week or so. LA, I am not sure about. No kids for the wife and I so we don't really know too much about this stuff.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Yeah Hesperia School District gets out very early... this is my second week off

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Petros was on the air today, sounding apprehensive/nervous saying stuff like....

during the hartman show:
                                                                                "its getting scary over there" (talking about USC)

later in the day, on his own show:

"more than likely there will be some schollys reduced; ...possible NC vacated." (paraphrased)

he went on a little about how the heisman ppl operate, and how there is wording within the heisman by-laws that says the award recepient must be in compliance with student-athlete parameters set by the ncaa....then after that, he said he would be "shocked" if they took away the heisman.

it was interesting to say the least....I was trying not to get encouraged from what I was hearing, because I couldnt help but to think Petros thinks something IS going to happen.

A little later he basically was talking trash to reggie bush directly, by saying stuff like, "Yea Reggie, way to go. good job Reggie!" in a very sarcastic tone

They also keep stressing that as soon as Petros hears any news about the sanctions it will be immediately on the air
                                                                                Last edited by TDHeysus; 06-04-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  USC: Infractions report not coming this week - ESPN Los Angeles

USC will apparently have to wait until at least next week to learn the outcome of an NCAA investigation into the school's football and basketball programs.

The NCAA committee on infractions report will not be released on Friday. ESPN.com, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reported earlier this week that the report would be delivered on that day.

Boo. Hiss.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    thats strange...i thought USC had the report in hand yesterday! no good!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I smell a cover up.... like a dead hooker and a Kennedy.....something is not right here.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        The NCAA is still trying to figure out how to slice the pickle they are dealing with.

They are looking at this ugly situation and realize two very big issues. One, USC is THE cash cow of the west coast, like them or not. If they sanction them to severe, the $$ loss could be large. Second issue, they know that every major college program in America is watching what happens to USC very closely. If USC is given a slap on the wrist, it will open the floodgates of cheating. If USC gets away with all this, other schools are going say the precedent is set. Cheat like hell to get that premier athlete on campus. When or if you get caught, the $$ will have been made, the title game played and big deal they are going to slap us on the tushy one time.

Good Luck to the NCAA on this one. You will lose no matter the direction, but the lesser of the two is to punish properly. If not, you will experience a complete loss of control.
                                                                                        DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! So does a mobile QB!!!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          if they only slap usc than it will be known to all of college football that the ncaa is a whore to be bought (and ridden)! this is huge for ND because we will not stupe to that level and every other big program will be having boosters give houses to each and every reggie bush out there! alot hangs in the balance here!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I smell a cover up.... like a dead hooker and a Kennedy.....something is not right here.
                                                                                            I smell that same funny stuff....smells like Bruno Magli shoes, knit caps, and johnny cochran.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              This whole ordeal sucks.

They should be punished for what they deserve, but what does Notre Dame gain from it?

We have an interest in stealing recruits out of So Cal, but what else?

What if USC really gets hammered by this and falls back into 7 and 8 win seasons? Suddenly, our schedule takes a huge hit and that threatens our independence.

Swarbrick's doing a great job lining up some big games, but there's only so much he can do. With the way the UM program is right now, we can scarcely afford another one of our rivals to take a big plunge off the deep end.

Like I said...this situation sucks.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I just want to see the guilty get punished...if not I think it takes away from college football as a whole. The integrity of the "student Athlete" title is at risk here. We don't want College football to fall into the same trap college basketball is falling into....

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Well Go Figure No Announcment, That is B.S.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Why is there no announcement?
                                                                                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X