'10 WA QB Jake Heaps (Miami Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 WA QB Jake Heaps (Miami Transfer)

Jake Heaps - Pro-Style Quarterback (6'2"; 195lbs)
    Sammamish (Skyline, Washington)

Combine
    Forty: N/A
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: N/A
    Squat Max: N/A
    Shuttle: N/A
    Vertical: N/A
    GPA: N/A

Star Ratings
    Rivals: N/A
    Scout:

Rankings and Accolades
    - Scout Top100 2009
    - All Conference Co-Offensive MVP
    - All Conference Quarterback
    - Seattle Times MVP
    - Seattle PI MVP
    - Gatorade Washington State Player of the Year
    - AP State Player of the year
    - AP 4A Quarterback of the year
    - NFL 7 on 7 Passing Tournament MVP

Statistics
    Sophomore:
    - Passing 202/336 (.61), 3,095 YDs, 31 TD, 7 INT
    - Rushing 95 ATT, 495 YDs, 14 TD

Schools of Interest
    Arizona State
    BYU
    California
    Notre Dame
    Oregon State
    South Carolina
    Washington

Multimedia
    N/A
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM.

Likely one of the top 5 pro-style QB recruits for 2010.

Comment

Very impressive stats.

Comment

i was just thinking that. those are some really good numbers.

Comment

Apparantly, Ty has been working him for about a year already, wo he will be a big player for him.

Comment

45 tds as a soph!!?
            2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

i believe i read that jake is mormon so byu might be a player here

the real stud on their team is 2011 wr kasen williams who already has verbal offers from ucla and washington

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGrizz View Post
                Apparantly, Ty has been working him for about a year already, wo he will be a big player for him.
                Maybe he hounds Jake at the Gof Course (ok i dont know if Jake plays golf but we all know Ty does!)

Comment

Has ND even expressed any interest in Jake?

Comment

he seems to be good. and wouldnt it be great to steal one from ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish52 View Post
                      Has ND even expressed any interest in Jake?
                      They can't publicly discuss any recruit until after NSD I believe. But since he looks to be one of the top pro-style QB recruits in 2009, you can bet they will be looking.

Comment

true true. i think this year will have a big effect on our recruiting. if our team has a good year and shows promise then i can see more specialty players coming on board. but qb seems to be a priority for next years recruiting as well as offensive line

Comment

Reportedly has a verbal offer for 2010. Heaps says he plans on visiting the campus sometime next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                            Do we really need to even try to steal one from Ty? He has precious few to even poach.
                            2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Watch his youtube video. This kid is beyond impressive. Kid is a must get for 2010. Might we be taking 2 QBs in 2010?

Comment

Ty won't be coaching at Washington next year. He's going to get fired at the end of this dismal season for his Huskies. Plus he's going to get smoked by our Irish.
                                God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by NDsuperfan09 View Post
                                  Watch his youtube video. This kid is beyond impressive. Kid is a must get for 2010. Might we be taking 2 QBs in 2010?
                                  I don't think ND's looking to take 2 QB's in 2010 even though it makes sense to but it seems that Weis is courting this kid as hard as one can and he's selling him that he's the one and only one he wants and that he's not taking a QB in '09 so there is some QB separation for him by 2010.

Comment

Charlie Weis just attended his game last night. Jake threw for 271 yards and 4 TDs in the first half then the 2nd string went in for the 2nd half. Kasen Williams (2011) had 4 receptions for 123 yards and 2 TDs, probably caught his eye as well.

Comment

thats great news. keep up the great footwork guys

Comment

A new article from Scout:

Scout.com: Heaps names Top-10

He chose his top 10,and we're there. Had very nice things to say about every single program, including ND and CW. Also said he's going to visit in February along with 4-5 other schools, and he'd like to have a decision sooner rather than later. Hope the visit goes well...
                                        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

if our first two commits are a tackle and a quarterback that would be amazing

Comment

Nice article NDinLA, i really hope we finish strong with a killer class in 09 and start to see another great class next year also, he says it will play a major role in him making his decision.

Comment

I like te part were he says :

Notre Dame - "It's the wow factor with Notre Dame. It's the University of Notre Dame. Coach Weis is a great coach, he's a great offensive coach. I'll be seeing them every weekend on TV. And who doesn't know the quarterback at Notre Dame?"

Comment

for good or bad they know him

Comment

Here's another good article on the kid:

Huskies make cut in Heaps' top 10

He's seems like a great kid, but he'll be a tough get. I didn't know that he was a Mormon. Maybe if we get Te'o? LOL...

Comment

Early word is that he's 5 star, and possibly #1 QB in the country in 2010.

Comment

Profile updated. Can anyone believe that that is an abbreviated list of his accolades ?

Comment

is he looking for a quick commit? i thought u heard that but wasnt sure

Comment

is he looking for a quick commit? i thought u heard that but wasnt sure
                                                          He's looking at a spring time verbal. But he has a LOT of schools to take off his list. We're in his top 10, but he had good things to say about every school in his top 10...

Comment

if he comes to the B/G game he commits on the spot...imo.

Comment

Would be interesting but I see this dragging out til at least the summer time...He's a kid where when he commits, there's no going back. imo.

Comment

Notice that all schools from the western part of the States except for the Irish!? I wonder if dickfuck Urbie feels left out and will suck his way into the running at the last minute? If not, then I say "go east young man, go east"!

Schools of Interest
                                                                Arizona State
                                                                BYU
                                                                California
                                                                Notre Dame
                                                                Oregon State
                                                                South Carolina
                                                                Washington

Comment

Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                                  Notice that all schools from the western part of the States except for the Irish!? I wonder if dickfuck Urbie feels left out and will suck his way into the running at the last minute? If not, then I say "go east young man, go east"!

Schools of Interest
                                                                  Arizona State
                                                                  BYU
                                                                  California
                                                                  Notre Dame
                                                                  Oregon State
                                                                  South Carolina
                                                                  Washington

Yes, go "east" to South Carolina. Learn your geography!

Comment

Originally posted by irish4ever View Post

Schools of Interest
                                                                    Arizona State
                                                                    BYU
                                                                    California
                                                                    Notre Dame
                                                                    Oregon State
                                                                    South Carolina
                                                                    Washington
                                                                    Opps ... my bad, don't go that far east! For some freakin' reason I had Sothern Cal. on my mind when viewing the list! Frickin' Monday's, I hate 'em!

Comment

Lol... you like Gamecock I4E!

Fuck I hate Mondays.

Comment

Kind of funny the Gamecocks are listed just under the Beavers!
                                                                        “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha. O man...ok drunk again...I'm celebrating Presidents day...leave me alone!!! ha..

Comment

We are not getting Heaps...I am 90% certain about that given all that I have heard.

We need other QB targets.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              No we are getting Heaps; I guarantee it.
                                                                              Just remember your sitz im leben and it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                nobody knows if we will or wont ge him. i just hope they are targeting a couple others in case he doesnt work out

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  If we aren't getting him... who is?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                    If we aren't getting him... who is?
                                                                                    UW is a high probability.

I know the ND coaching staff is going to be offering some others pretty damn quick since Heaps is unlikely to come to ND.

If you see more offers go out, then you will know.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by LOVEMYIRISH View Post
                                                                                      We are not getting Heaps...I am 90% certain about that given all that I have heard.

And we are definitely not getting Manti Te'o, er wait...
                                                                                      sigpic

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        ND has already offered two other QB's, so I think we have 1 of 2 things here.

1. Charlie knows not to put all his eggs in one basket with a QB after bringing in no one last year

2. The staff has a pretty good idea Heaps isn't going to end up at ND.

I wish Willingham were still at UW. He probably wouldn't offer Heaps. We know what kind of recruiting tree Sarkisan comes from.
                                                                                        The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Yeah but i think i read somewhere that Sarkisan is already in a little bit of trouble. I think, dont quote me on it. Do you really think the kid would go there over a place like BYU. I figured if he doesn't come to ND, hes a coug.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by LOVEMYIRISH View Post

Agree....He is gonna stay in Washington and helped "ex-con" Steve and begin to build or he's gonna go to Rocky Top and help Lane...One thing is...He's stay gonna with the USC pipeline..Simply because he's a west coast guy...

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Are these the same sources that said we would never get Manti either?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by WeisWeisBaby View Post
                                                                                                well if thats the case then EVERYONE we recuit will come to ND...That is sooo AWESOME.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I'm not saying that either, I just think it's 11 months premature to determine whether or not we have a shot at a certain recruit, I think a lot will unfold based on how ND performs this year, primarily the offense

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by WeisWeisBaby View Post
                                                                                                    No...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X