No announcement yet.

2021-2022 College Football Playoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does no one think that SMU may beat Cincy and be the G5 team that makes it?
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
      I think they could beat UC, I don’t think they make the Playoff though. I don’t think UC does either at this point

Comment

Indiana’s season is an absolute disaster for UC. Indiana isn’t just losing they are legit awful. The committee loves to flip flop on a win like that to fit their needs. If it was trying to get OSU in the playoff they’d say at the time it was a tough road game against a quality B1G opponent. Instead that win is gonna get pushed into the dirt as not relevant

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
          Cincy is the only team with a shot
          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

I think they could beat UC, I don’t think they make the Playoff though. I don’t think UC does either at this point
            I agree with this.

When the dust settles, I think four P5 teams are going.
            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

I just want to go somewhere warm for New Years and not get a rectum stretchin' from Georgia. Is that too much to ask?
              Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

Agreed,… but it’s horseshit,…
                At this point, it's comical that the talks to expand have stalled. What are we even doing here? We call the top five conferences "the Power Five" yet only allow four in, not to mention the fact that you could argue the AAC is a better conference than the Big12 AND the Pac12, yet they have never been represented in the dance and have to not only have a perfect season, but STILL have to have chips fall their way.

It's a joke.
                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

At this point, it's comical that the talks to expand have stalled. What are we even doing here? We call the top five conferences "the Power Five" yet only allow four in, not to mention the fact that you could argue the AAC is a better conference than the Big12 AND the Pac12, yet they have never been represented in the dance and have to not only have a perfect season, but STILL have to have chips fall their way.

It's a joke.
                  I go the exact opposite direction with it.. but that's just me.
                  There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

I'm just enjoying Clemson being 4-3.

If they can lose one at home it'll be a nice little bonus.
                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

So I’ll eat my own crow somewhat (don’t think it’ll matter in the end but worth acknowledging). UK and Ole Miss sneaky taking the all important second loss while others were in primetime. That does clean up some SEC possibilities. Georgia and Alabama only possible 1 loss teams.

Big 12 preserves 3 undefeated or 1 loss teams with Baylor impressively taking care of business with Texas. Don’t see the Big 12 getting 2 at all but the strength of record of the conference is holding up by Texas just keeping on losing instead of causing some cannibalism.

Michigan and PSU don’t help the B1G at all at this point. PSU will have their shot at MSU and of course Michigan at OSU.

and then there’s Oregon, Wake and of course UC.

Georgia
                      Alabama
                      Oklahoma
                      Baylor
                      Oklahoma St
                      Ohio State
                      Michigan St
                      Michigan
                      Oregon
                      Wake Forest
                      Cincinnati
                      Notre Dame

Comment

IDK where we'll be but there may be an even bigger disparity in the top 3 this year than in years past
                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

So I’ll eat my own crow somewhat (don’t think it’ll matter in the end but worth acknowledging). UK and Ole Miss sneaky taking the all important second loss while others were in primetime. That does clean up some SEC possibilities. Georgia and Alabama only possible 1 loss teams.

Big 12 preserves 3 undefeated or 1 loss teams with Baylor impressively taking care of business with Texas. Don’t see the Big 12 getting 2 at all but the strength of record of the conference is holding up by Texas just keeping on losing instead of causing some cannibalism.

Michigan and PSU don’t help the B1G at all at this point. PSU will have their shot at MSU and of course Michigan at OSU.

and then there’s Oregon, Wake and of course UC.

Georgia
                          Alabama
                          Oklahoma
                          Baylor
                          Oklahoma St
                          Ohio State
                          Michigan St
                          Michigan
                          Oregon
                          Wake Forest
                          Cincinnati
                          Notre Dame
                          I'm very interested to see how Oregon is ranked compared to Ohio St. If they both win out the committee is totally fucked which I love.. Ohio St is better but they took the L at home so

Comment

In order of most likely to make it imo
                            SEC champ
                            Ohio St Big 10 champ
                            Oklahoma Big 12 champ
                            Oregon Pac 12 champ
                            1 loss SEC runner up
                            Cincy
                            An oddball 1 loss team
                            1 loss ND

I still think undefeated Cincy needs help and a 1 loss ND needs the stars to align

Comment

Rankings are released this week, right?

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ala doesnt lose another game this year-they are better than Georgia plus there's a huge mental barrier to get thru-I really hate what college football has been allowed to morph into just minor league pro football.
                                Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

Ranked 8th in AP poll. Nailed it.
                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by irishtrain View Post
                                    Ala doesnt lose another game this year-they are better than Georgia plus there's a huge mental barrier to get thru-I really hate what college football has been allowed to morph into just minor league pro football.
                                    FREE minor league, too. The NFL isn't paying for any of it. Sweet deal for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

FREE minor league, too. The NFL isn't paying for any of it. Sweet deal for them.
                                      I've never understood exactly what people mean when they say that a program is an NFL minor league team. Does it mean they think the program puts a lot of players into the NFL, is just a football program with no classes necessary, could almost compete with an NFL team, that they pay all their players, or what? Serious question. I genuinely don't know what you and others mean when you use that term.
                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

I've never understood exactly what people mean when they say that a program is an NFL minor league team. Does it mean they think the program puts a lot of players into the NFL, is just a football program with no classes necessary, could almost compete with an NFL team, that they pay all their players, or what? Serious question. I genuinely don't know what you and others mean when you use that term.
                                        Irishtrain was referring to college football in general, not a specific program.

Comment

Pretty much what you said.
                                          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Louisiana is 7-1… conference game in prime time and there’s like 300 people in attendance from my view. UTEP is trying to get a packed Sun Bowl the last few weeks and is only getting 2/3 there… makes me feel better about that seeing the Rangin Cajuns getting all of one local family to show up
                                            There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Yes
                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Yes
                                                LOL

Having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I think most of the bad stuff was almost certainly much worse back then. Most schools bought recruits and boosters paid players at virtually every major program. Class was optional for talented, yet dumb jocks. There was much less technology and oversight, thus much easier to get away with such and it was generally ignored as long as it didn't become too obvious and flagrant.
                                                Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Is oversigning to cut just a myth of attrition or should academic institutions support the student athlete through graduation if they prove lesser on the football field?

Comment

Originally posted by ND88 View Post

Is oversigning to cut just a myth of attrition or should academic institutions support the student athlete through graduation if they prove lesser on the football field?
                                                    Just a myth. As long as a program doesn't violate NCAA rules on the matter, there's no problem.

Comment

Just a myth. As long as a program doesn't violate NCAA rules on the matter, there's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

What NCAA rules are being broken and by whom?

Comment

LOL

Having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I think most of the bad stuff was almost certainly much worse back then. Most schools bought recruits and boosters paid players at virtually every major program. Class was optional for talented, yet dumb jocks. There was much less technology and oversight, thus much easier to get away with such and it was generally ignored as long as it didn't become too obvious and flagrant.
                                                          From my position, it has more to do with how the institutions support the programs.

For example, there is a clear difference in how much Alabama is willing to spend on direct and indirect football operations. Compare that to Michigan State as an example. 30 years ago, I would be willing to wager a fair sum of money that overall operating budgets were much more uniform than they are today. Sure, some may have spent more, but it wouldn't be the obscene differences that exist today. There are lots of good reasons as to why that has happened (TV $$$ being the primary issue). But the fact is, there are a limited number of college programs that are set up to operate as a mini NFL franchises. The support staffs, training facilities, etc.

Put it this way, if the NCAA came out tomorrow and said no school could spend more than $XXM per year for off-field staff, recruiting budgets, etc, chances are, it would only impact a handful of schools. That is what I personally think of when people say minor league NFL.

Comment

That's not what I said.

The NFL drafts from essentially one place: college football programs. NFL teams employ scouts who primarily go to college football games on Saturdays to find talent. The NHL and MLB have minor league systems where drafted players go prior to turning professional. Even the NBA has the G League and draft the rights to European and South American players from those respective leagues.

Professional football pulls their players from the NCAA. There are no A, AA, AAA, G League, etc. levels. A significant portion of player development occurs on college campuses and NFL teams are not investing in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

From my position, it has more to do with how the institutions support the programs.

For example, there is a clear difference in how much Alabama is willing to spend on direct and indirect football operations. Compare that to Michigan State as an example. 30 years ago, I would be willing to wager a fair sum of money that overall operating budgets were much more uniform than they are today. Sure, some may have spent more, but it wouldn't be the obscene differences that exist today. There are lots of good reasons as to why that has happened (TV $$$ being the primary issue). But the fact is, there are a limited number of college programs that are set up to operate as a mini NFL franchises. The support staffs, training facilities, etc.

Put it this way, if the NCAA came out tomorrow and said no school could spend more than $XXM per year for off-field staff, recruiting budgets, etc, chances are, it would only impact a handful of schools. That is what I personally think of when people say minor league NFL.
                                                              The rise of television money, along with Saban changing the way college programs operate, is largely to blame for the current state of CFB. While neither one was illegal, against any rules, or whatever, it will make for a damn good thesis ten years from now on why there’s only two conferences in CFB and the fact that it’s nothing more than a minor league NFL operation. The effects of NIL $ now is leading CFB in that direction much faster than most probably expected and that, along with the other two reasons mentioned has created the environment in which CFB now exists.

Comment

I think Georgia is the only team I feel confident is making the CFP. Seems like almost no one is very good this year.

Comment

Based off this weeks results I think the committee will do this assuming Alabama and Oregon hang on:

Georgia
                                                                  Alabama
                                                                  Oregon
                                                                  Ohio State

Cincinnati
                                                                  Michigan St
                                                                  Michigan
                                                                  Oklahoma
                                                                  Notre Dame

Comment

Based off this weeks results I think the committee will do this assuming Alabama and Oregon hang on:

Georgia
                                                                    Alabama
                                                                    Oregon
                                                                    Ohio State

Cincinnati
                                                                    Michigan St
                                                                    Michigan
                                                                    Oklahoma
                                                                    Notre Dame
                                                                    I agree but how do you reward anything about bama or ducks performances. At this point eye test is kind of gross on them too.

Comment

Bama gonna have to hold again late not to lose to 4-4 coach fired corn doggies. A number of their wins have been mehh and their loss wasnt to an undefeated opponent. Completely trading on their name. I remember when the scam committee first started and ESPN hired IU grad Heather Dumbbitch to specifically report on the committee. Miss Dumbbitch spent so much breath explaining about how every ranking they took the names off everything and its blind resume comparison. I thought bullshit then and obvious triple bullshit now.

Comment

Also corn doggies are down 8 defensive starters and have garbage quarterback play

Comment

Wow look at Oregon they are gonna win by more then a simple touchdown and extra point over a team running an offense identical to that of Steve Deber’s 1989 KC Chiefs. Bet they are the new mystery second place team tuesday. Number two should just be the joker spot and each week we spin the wheel of one loss teams.

Comment

I think Utah beats Oregon this weekend.

I'm leaning on SMU beating Cincinnati too because I think this playoff talk is going to distract Cincinnati the longer it lingers.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              I think Utah beats Oregon this weekend.

I'm leaning on SMU beating Cincinnati too because I think this playoff talk is going to distract Cincinnati the longer it lingers.
                                                                              I sure hope that you’re correct

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Seeing Houston for the first time. Definitely capable of the upset. SMU, @ ECU, and Houston in 3 straights weeks will require UC to be at their A game for 3 weeks straight for the first time. Don’t see them making it out, especially if Fickell has any distraction in progress.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Oregon might lose to Utah anyways, but I predict OSU will be 3 Tuesday night

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Looking more and more like their are 3 top teams (Georgia, Bama, OSU) and then everyone else. Unsurprisingly, those are the three most talented teams from a recruiting perspective.
                                                                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Ohio St will beat Georgia if Stroud is on. Oregon pulled that upset because of some untimely Stroud jitters and Coombs. Both of those issues are gone. Still PSU, MSU, Nebraska ain’t no Georgia so I could see the inaccuracy he showed early come back

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        I agree. This OSU offense is on a different level. Playing Bama in the SEC game win or lose I think hurts GA. It’ll be difficult beating 3 top 4 teams in a row where OSU will only need to do it twice.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Oregon might lose to Utah anyways, but I predict OSU will be 3 Tuesday night
                                                                                          #2

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Cinci is annihilating SMU. Heating up at the right time.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Cincinnati better not look past ECU. They go on the road to face a 7-4 team that his clicking under a coach who is in Year 3 there. They've lost to Appalachian State by 14, South Carolina by 3, UCF by 4 and Houston by 7 in OT. They're a pretty good team.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Cincinnati better not look past ECU. They go on the road to face a 7-4 team that his clicking under a coach who is in Year 3 there. They've lost to Appalachian State by 14, South Carolina by 3, UCF by 4 and Houston by 7 in OT. They're a pretty good team.
                                                                                                For the CFP dreamers, we need Cincy to lose, so that wouldn't hurt.

Love that this is a 3:30 kick on Friday; have the day off and it'll give me something to do while I'm setting up the tree.
                                                                                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  I am holding out hope for a move to #3 with UGA knocking Bama out of the CFP. If Bama eeks out a win I am OK being #4 playing them although Saban with a month of prep is suboptimal. Bama win requires Cincy or OSU to lose another one - both of which looked pretty good last week so less optimistic than I was one week ago.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    This is gold

https://theoutsidezone.substack.com/...hvMauWCms2g64k

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• So those in the know..... Ohio St wins out and Georgia beats Bama.... Are we in?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X