X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Cal at Notre Dame, Oct. 17

at

Southern Cal Trojans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Notre Dame Stadium (Notre Dame, Indiana)
    Saturday, October 17, 2009
    3:30 pm EST

Sports Book (Coming Soon) | Pick'Em (Coming Soon)

Last edited by Jason Pham; 07-27-2009, 02:11 AM.

Notre Dame dances away from the Trojans. Clausen continues his success, throwing for less than 300 yards for the first time this season, but still having a solid game.

31-24.

Comment

i just found out that i have to miss the game. my lady and i will be attending a golf outing that is for a cancer fundraiser. literally be there all day. Cell Phone TV Radio how can i avoid it all day until i get back to watch it on the DVR!?
      Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

FUSC GO IRISH!!! We win with 6 seconds left on the "Huhges Push"

Comment

Matt Barkley is sacked seven times.

Comment

all my money on this one because I'm my own good luck charm and I'm gunu be there
            Brian "Green" Kelly - My MAN

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
              I love it!

Comment

That would cause an amazing amount of controversy simply because we're Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by ClausentoFloyd View Post
                  Matt Barkley is sacked seven times.
                  And Mustain still doesn't get any PT and goes home and cries to mommy.
                  “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

FUSC. if we arent going to go undefeated, i at least hope we beat the living shit out of these guys. no class whatsoever in their program.

Comment

I was at the bush push game, so this would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
                      "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post
                        I was at the bush push game, so this would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
                        itd be even sweeter though if were winning by 35 to make it a 42 point lead and still pass a deep fade to Tate with a minute left to win 56 to 14

Comment

I don't wanna beat USC i wanna embarass them

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                            I second that.

I want a game that dumps replays, highlights and references to the '74 "TD Davis" game into the trash can. I was visiting my older brother and his wife that day. We decided to get more beer and some groceries at half time since the game was a "lock."

The second half haunts me to this day. I'd be willing to have it relegated to the recycling bin, but only if it's used to point out how far the "Mighty" Trojans have fallen ... once again.

Comment

My question is how good is SC defense? I know that they were good last year. I'm sure it will be a good game, I hope this time we come out on top, God knows that it's time we beat those *astards..........
                              "Train Strong Is To Remain Strong"

Comment

me 2, i can't wait......i want to crush them big time. can't stand pete the cheat.
                                --cheers,
                                tank

Comment

It's tough being the only guy at the bar with a ND jersey on for game day - living in San Diego. We need the win, and we'll get the win.
                                  Warren Central High School Alumni

Comment

Originally posted by howlingthunder View Post
                                    It's tough being the only guy at the bar with a ND jersey on for game day - living in San Diego. We need the win, and we'll get the win.
                                    Maybe its just me but there alot of ND fans in my part of Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by howlingthunder View Post

Have you tried McGregor's Grill and Ale House or Hennessy's?

Google Notre Dame Club of San Diego and contact them.

Comment

Offensive linemen made presence felt

By Gary Klein LATimes
                                        September 8, 2009

Offensive linemen made presence felt - latimes.com

USC's offensive line has played only one game in its current configuration and is readying for a test on Saturday at Ohio State.

But the unit left quite an impression on San Jose State Coach Dick Tomey.

On Monday, after reviewing tape of the Trojans' season-opening 56-3 victory over the Spartans, Tomey said the Trojans' line was "the best I've competed against as a coach," adding that the Trojans "might have four first-round draft choices in that group."

Tomey, who is in his 29th season as a college head coach, wasn't finished.

"They're fit athletes," he said during a teleconference. "There's not a 300-pounder in the group and they're quick and athletic. And with their scheme of zone blocking and schemes that take advantage of their athleticism, they're just tremendous."

USC's line, which featured center Jeff Byers, guards Butch Lewis and Alex Parsons and tackles Charles Brown and Tyron Smith in starting roles against San Jose State, could become deeper against Ohio State if center Kristofer O'Dowd returns from a kneecap injury.

Comment

"There's not a 300-pounder in the group and they're quick and athletic.And with their scheme of zone blocking and schemes that take advantage of their athleticism, they're just tremendous."

Has ND's problem been the zone blocking and schemes or lack of "quick and athletic" from the 300+ pounders?

Comment

Pretty impreessive praise coming from Tomey who has certainly been around the block. For those who were saying that USC's win was against a crappy team, keep in mind that SJSU is predicted by many to be in a bowl game, and that Phil Steele rated USC's win statistically as the most impressive of the week.

Phil Steele

This guy is right on always with his predictions and has the ND win over Nevada as the 3rd most impressive performance.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                              Pretty impreessive praise coming from Tomey who has certainly been around the block. For those who were saying that USC's win was against a crappy team, keep in mind that SJSU is predicted by many to be in a bowl game, and that Phil Steele rated USC's win statistically as the most impressive of the week.

Phil Steele

This guy is right on always with his predictions and has the ND win over Nevada as the 3rd most impressive performance.
                                              Obviously Phil doesn't read this board or he'd know ND was: lucky, can't tackle, can't stop the run, and needs to start freshman RBs now.

Comment

O'Dowd returns to USC offensive line

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4466250&type=story
                                                <HR SIZE=1 width="100%" noShade>
                                                By Adam Rittenberg
                                                ESPN.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- USC junior center Kristofer O'Dowd will start Saturday against No. 8 Ohio State (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET), though he won't be blocking for sophomore running back Marc Tyler.

Trojans coach Pete Carroll said O'Dowd will return after missing four weeks and the season opener with a dislocated kneecap sustained in an Aug. 17 scrimmage.

But Tyler, who rushed for 72 yards and a touchdown last week against San Jose State, will miss the Ohio State game with a sprained toe suffered in Thursday's practice.

With O'Dowd back in the lineup, Jeff Byers will move back to left guard for the game. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound O'Dowd earned first-team All-Pac-10 honors last season

Comment

I'm not saying we're going to win, but even after the loss to Michigan, I feel confident that this game wont be the blowout most seem to think it will be. USC's D looks good, but not nearly as dominant as it has been in the past. On offense, we all saw how boring they looked last night. I think we can score on them and contain them on D. Again, not saying we will win, but everyone seems to be writing this off as a 30 point loss.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                                    I'm not saying we're going to win, but even after the loss to Michigan, I feel confident that this game wont be the blowout most seem to think it will be. USC's D looks good, but not nearly as dominant as it has been in the past. On offense, we all saw how boring they looked last night. I think we can score on them and contain them on D. Again, not saying we will win, but everyone seems to be writing this off as a 30 point loss.
                                                    Not everyone. I thought USC looked quite mortal compared to previous Carroll teams.

Comment

usc

No more words cause thats just what they are-words. Watch what happens Oct 17.
                                                      Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

Just keep it close, Jimmy knows what to do.

Comment

If this game is within 7 in the 4th we are gonna win.

Comment

We need a GREEN OUT! spread the word

Comment

Fucking grow the grass out... and flatten these mother fuckers.

35-32 Irish in a slugfest.

Comment

Washington plays the same offense and efense USC does only SC has better athletes. We have 2 more weeks to get healthy and prepare.

We have all seen the potential of this team but it is this type of game where that potential becomes reality.

If the team doesnt show up they need there head examined. This is not last year. This team is confident, talented, and best of all, a TEAM.

USC is gonna be on Tate all day and try to make jimmy make quick decisions. If we can run the ball and stop USC's running attack this game is ours.

I believe we will win. Our offense can score on anybody and despite the score the D played really well yesterday. Lets keep growing, get healthy and leave it all on the field

Comment

Does anyone know of 2011 prospects at the game? There's going to be many OV's, so I assume there will be some unofficial visits too.
                                                                  sigpic

Comment

I believe we will win. Our offense can score on anybody and despite the score the D played really well yesterday. Lets keep growing, get healthy and leave it all on the field
                                                                    A lot people forget that we gave up 30 points but 7 were Clausen's fault. We held em to 3 field goals and usually giving up 23 points should be suffice

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                                                      Does anyone know of 2011 prospects at the game? There's going to be many OV's, so I assume there will be some unofficial visits too.
                                                                      Wayne Lyons and Tont Springmann is supposed to be there. That is all i have heard so far

Comment

oh boy, i can't wait for this game. screw usc and their cheerleaders!!!!!
                                                                        --cheers,
                                                                        tank

Comment

Washington plays the same offense and efense USC does only SC has better athletes. We have 2 more weeks to get healthy and prepare.

We have all seen the potential of this team but it is this type of game where that potential becomes reality.

If the team doesnt show up they need there head examined. This is not last year. This team is confident, talented, and best of all, a TEAM.

USC is gonna be on Tate all day and try to make jimmy make quick decisions. If we can run the ball and stop USC's running attack this game is ours.

exactly, i love seeing these kids grow with each other and play for each other. great stuff man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                          --cheers,
                                                                          tank

Comment

Oops. Wasted this one yesterday.
                                                                            "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by wpchief4 View Post
                                                                              Absolutely right. This should be a mandatory EVERY WEEK. Wanna find a way to get folks fired up to overcome the doldrums of the old? Walk into a house filled with 80,795 fans wearing kelly green. (see Eugene, Lincoln, Knoxville, Columbus, etc.) It puts a buzz in the air. It feels like the beginning of something special. It gives us a distinct advantage to playing in OUR HOUSE.
                                                                              "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

• #40
                                                                                give the old people green blankets, hand warmers, whatever, i don't care.

i just want to see that kelly green at nd like i was exposed to the psu white out a week ago
                                                                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Another 2 week rest for Jimmy's Turf Toe, and another 300+ yards performance for him, He's going to show Poodle why he didn't want to play for USC.......
                                                                                  "Notre Dame is College Football"

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    We will win this game. Its time for kharma to come back around. I agree with the gentlemen above. The best thing about USC is their cheerleaders and lack of pubic hair... Here's something for those girls.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                                                                      give the old people green blankets, hand warmers, whatever, i don't care.

i just want to see that kelly green at nd like i was exposed to the psu white out a week ago
                                                                                      That worked out great for penn state. Keep in mind we have about 10,000 students at the game, they have about 30-40,000. It is easier to coordinate something like that with the ratio of students to other fans being that high
                                                                                      "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Ronald Johnson returned to practice for SC yesterday. He has missed each game up until now with a broken collarbone. Carroll is optimistic he will be ready to go on the 17th. damn.

Hopefully Clausen and Allen will benefit as much from the rest. We need them as close to 100% as possible.
                                                                                        Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Clausen refused to take the week off. Insisted on getting ready for SC and will be full go today in practice

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I'm with you in spirit, but I would be happy with a 1 point win.

Originally posted by wpchief4 View Post
                                                                                            I really would like to see a home field advantage for this game. I hope the stadium is rocking on gameday.
                                                                                            YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                                            Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Wanna know what I think the Athletic department should do to get the stadium really fired up?

Two words: FREE TEQUILA!!!
                                                                                              “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
                                                                                                Wanna know what I think the Athletic department should do to get the stadium really fired up?

Two words: FREE TEQUILA!!!
                                                                                                contact the ppl at Patron, we need to get this done for Oct. 17th. We need to turn that Chardonnay crowd, into a loud, obnoxious, filthy mouth Patron shooter-crowd.
                                                                                                YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                                                Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  If anyone needs any "supplement" to get pumped up for this game, and to have that staduim fucking rocking, then they don't even deserve to have a ticket. What I wouldn't do to have a seat at this game, GEEZ, it would be an absolute dream. It would be like the dad in RUDY getting to see a live game for the first time!!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by TDHeysus View Post
                                                                                                    contact the ppl at Patron, we need to get this done for Oct. 17th. We need to turn that Chardonnay crowd, into a loud, obnoxious, filthy mouth Patron shooter-crowd.
                                                                                                    I want the entire student body to do a collective (and drunk), "You lookin' at ME?!?" to the SC crowd. Followed by an epic "Gangs of New York"-style brawl!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X