• Dec 28 | Camping World Bowl | Iowa State

<div align="center">

<br><strong>Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs Iowa State Cyclones
    Camping World Stadium
    Orlando, FL
    Saturday, December 28, 2019
    12 PM</strong>

</div>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 12-08-2019, 06:27 PM.

Fart noise

Comment

At least it’s warm.
      Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
        At least itís warm.
        A warm fart?

Comment

Wish I was in FL like most years during the holiday.
          Oh well. Hate that it's ISU though. Not a great name, and they're better than their record.
          Aside from a W, not a lot to gain here. Like Rac em said, fart noise. Warm fart noise.
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

My thoughts:

https://youtu.be/JM6CGF3rUHM
            Last edited by Sea Turtle; 12-08-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Let’s go!!
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Thinking about flying in for the game. Gives me a good excuse to get away from the cold for a few days.

Comment

It's still hard to believe a 10-2 Notre Dame team ends up in this bowl against a 7-5 team. Poor bowl planning the powers that be.

Comment

It's the old Citrus Bowl.
                    That's decent.

Orlando in December is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
                      It's still hard to believe a 10-2 Notre Dame team ends up in this bowl against a 7-5 team. Poor bowl planning the powers that be.
                      From the other thread....

A few years back, when the bowl games switched up affiliations, it left some conferences without great #2 options.

ACC's second best game is the Camping World Bowl.
                      Big 12's second best game (in order of picking) is the Alamo bowl.
                      Pac12 second best is the Alamo bowl.

Meanwhile, the SEC's games are Citrus, Outback, TaxSlayer (old Gator) & Big10 is Citrus, Outback, Holiday, TaxSlayer.

The system has been designed to pit SEC vs Big 10 as much as possible on New Year's day games. Frankly, from a pure bowl game perspective of trying to sell tickets, can you blame them?

Comment

Iowa State beat Texas so that gives them a little "name" cred. They also, early in the season, were "offensive" sometimes in the extreme. BUT

The last game vs Kansas State should (one hopes) give Clark Lea the Key to the Kingdom. KState beat ISU pretty easily giving them only 17 points.

How? KState completely shut down the run --- something like 50-60 yards. The usually prolific QB couldn't do it on his own.

Also, I heard one ISU comment that the OLine doesn't do well when more than just four rush --- with our DC and talent THAT should be helpful.

I've found that ISU has gotten pretty decent national commentator comment this season --- no push-overs. Beating them, if we can, will feel just fine to me (and I also graduated from ISU after my ND degree ... and remember happily, and surprisingly, dunking on their football team during gym-rat pick-up ball --- so lets dunk on them again 55 years later!!!)

Comment

Notre Dame should win this easily if they care.
                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I don’t love this game for us. As many have said if we win that’s what ND is supposed to do and if it’s close or we lose we get bashed.

But this will be the last game we get to see some of these players play at ND and the last time we get them play this year. A warm weather game for the guys and there’s nothing we can do about it. So let’s go Irish!
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

They better care!
                              <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/35nZQ6rbaBgAM" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/35nZQ6rbaBgAM">via GIPHY</a></p>
                              Last edited by Circa; 12-08-2019, 08:03 PM.
                              I was smarter when I drank...
                              I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

What’s camping world, and when did Iowa state get a football team?

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                  Letís go!!
                                  Ya wanna catch up in pm's. we can book seats together so I can be super annoying in real time....

Comment

Originally posted by 317Irish View Post
                                    Whatís camping world, and when did Iowa state get a football team?
                                    It used to be Champs and it used to be Blockbuster. They really need to add a fruit or something to the official title that way whenever they change sponsors, you still know what bowl it is.

Ok, so it used to be the Tangerine bowl. They should have kept that and it would be the Camping World Tangerine bowl this year.

Comment

ND -3.5

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                        It used to be Champs and it used to be Blockbuster. They really need to add a fruit or something to the official title that way whenever they change sponsors, you still know what bowl it is.

Ok, so it used to be the Tangerine bowl. They should have kept that and it would be the Camping World Tangerine bowl this year.
                                        I got grapefruit or lemon Bowl.. Just seems to fit the attitude's

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

So camping world is the next business to declare chapter 7? To my true point hidden my a bad attempt at humor, I understand the people that don’t want to get curb stomped against an elite team in a NY6 bowl, but man does it suck to go 10-2 and end the season like this

Comment

They will probably be more up for this than us.

Comment

We don't deserve a Top 10 bowl match up if we can't beat a top 10 team like ever. This bowl pays well and presents a quality opponent. If you don't like it then you better show up and punch them in the mouth. We will never get the same "game didn't matter" excuse as pretty much every other team on the planet who gets shellacked in a non-playoff bowl game.

If we drew Bama everyone would be crapping themselves and whining about how we never get a break in bowl match ups out of the side of their mouth that wasn't saying we should be ranked higher than them for better wins.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                ND -3.5
                                                Seriously? Wow, what does Vegas know?
                                                Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                  We don't deserve a Top 10 bowl match up if we can't beat a top 10 team like ever. This bowl pays well and presents a quality opponent. If you don't like it then you better show up and punch them in the mouth. We will never get the same "game didn't matter" excuse as pretty much every other team on the planet who gets shellacked in a non-playoff bowl game.

If we drew Bama everyone would be crapping themselves and whining about how we never get a break in bowl match ups out of the side of their mouth that wasn't saying we should be ranked higher than them for better wins.
                                                  <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/9V5oSGRdFLesfIvrPo" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/24HoursFOX-gordon-ramsay-24-hours-to-hell-and-back-9V5oSGRdFLesfIvrPo">via GIPHY</a></p>

South Bend needs to plant some palm trees...
                                                  Last edited by Circa; 12-08-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
                                                    Seriously? Wow, what does Vegas know?
                                                    Iowa State lost to Oklahoma and Baylor by a combined three points. Their biggest loss was by ten.

Comment

It will be nice to see Bama pummel scUM though

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...l-championship

Camping World Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Iowa State

(Noon on ABC at Camping World Bowl in Orlando, Florida)

The coaching matchups here are fascinating, as Brian Kelly leads Notre Dame against Iowa State and Matt Campbell, who would be on the short list to succeed Kelly in South Bend. Defensive coordinators Jon Heacock (Iowa State) and Clark Lea (Notre Dame) are both excellent tacticians. Notre Dame's offense is a little more reliable, though, and gets the win behind the Ian Book-Chase Claypool passing connection.

Prediction: Notre Dame 31, Iowa State 23
                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Worst possible opponent we could’ve gotten. Good enough to beat ND, bad enough that ND will get no credit for win, and well coached so they will be up for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                            I don’t love this game for us. As many have said if we win that’s what ND is supposed to do and if it’s close or we lose we get bashed.

But this will be the last game we get to see some of these players play at ND and the last time we get them play this year. A warm weather game for the guys and there’s nothing we can do about it. So let’s go Irish!
                                                            I think you could make this argument for any of the four teams between Iowa St, Oklahoma St, UT and Kansas St. None of them provided any way for us to move the needle. First time in a while that a bowl game is useless for us.
                                                            Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                                              I think you could make this argument for any of the four teams between Iowa St, Oklahoma St, UT and Kansas St. None of them provided any way for us to move the needle. First time in a while that a bowl game is useless for us.
                                                              I'd much prefer Texas. They have a "name", and also good press in a great recruiting state.

Like LAX said, good enough to beat us, not good enough to mean anything if we beat them. Give me a loss to TX any day if I had to pick from those 4.

ISU is like asking your 10th option to Junior Prom. You don't want to be the guy that doesn't go to the dance, but whoa will it be bad if you get turned down. And even if she says yes, it's not going to be a great night.

Comment

15 extra practices, an opportunity to get the youngin's better and a chance to compete. What more can you ask for? This is the attitude that people talk about when it comes to ND. It's not an advantage for us unless we're in the National Championship discussion? Strap on a set and play ball. Oh no, its not a Natty run or NY6 game? Play better.....more importantly, coach better. You won't find yourself in this position.

Comment

Agree, as a fan, Iowa State is kind of a warm fart of an opponent. I'd rather play Texas, myself.
                                                                  But the fact that our team played some of its best football in the last few weeks after they had "nothing to play for" gives me hope they'll continue to bring it against Iowa State. In which case we should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                    Agree, as a fan, Iowa State is kind of a warm fart of an opponent. I'd rather play Texas, myself.
                                                                    But the fact that our team played some of its best football in the last few weeks after they had "nothing to play for" gives me hope they'll continue to bring it against Iowa State. In which case we should be fine.
                                                                    They had a NY6 game to play for, or so they thought...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

I guess, though I assume Notre Dame football players can see the CFP rankings, which have made a NY6 bowl look to be a long shot for several weeks now.

Comment

For all that is holy please don't make my kids go to school (20 mins from Ames) with Iowa State winning. Those poor kids already have to put up with the ND hate.

Comment

To add insult to injury, this game is the only game besides the playoff on December 28th, so it will follow gameday and lead into the first playoff. That means it will probably have a huge audience. So if we shit the bed, then the only things the general public will remember about us from this year are getting killed by Michigan and losing to a 7 win team. I really hope this is one of those games where Kelly actually gets the guys to show up so we can have a nice big margin of victory to show everyone tuning in for the playoff game.

Comment

This game is about as exciting as the bowl name.
                                                                            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #39
                                                                              The best part about last year and going undefeated. This year tears...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/JVinPjUSTbAiY" width="480" height="370" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/JVinPjUSTbAiY">via GIPHY</a></p>
                                                                              Last edited by Circa; 12-09-2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                I'd much prefer Texas. They have a "name", and also good press in a great recruiting state.

Like LAX said, good enough to beat us, not good enough to mean anything if we beat them. Give me a loss to TX any day if I had to pick from those 4.

ISU is like asking your 10th option to Junior Prom. You don't want to be the guy that doesn't go to the dance, but whoa will it be bad if you get turned down. And even if she says yes, it's not going to be a great night.
                                                                                Thatís exactly why the Alamo Bowl picked Texas despite the Horns having a worse record than the other B12 candidates.

Does Vegas assume ND will be disinterested and lay an egg or is a 7-5 Iowa St that good?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                                                  For all that is holy please don't make my kids go to school (20 mins from Ames) with Iowa State winning. Those poor kids already have to put up with the ND hate.
                                                                                  My neighbor whoís a close friend went to Ames High School and is still a big ISU fan. We watched Iowas St beat ND in the NCAA tournament a few years back. I donít think i can watch this game with him.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Peterson: Iowa State vs. Notre Dame is a giant opportunity for Cyclones to get on the national radar

AMES, Ia. This bowl stuff could not have worked out any better for Iowa State. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime for a positively-trending program like Matt Campbell’s, facing college football’s most famous brand.

Iowa State against Notre Dame in the Camping World Bowl in Orlando?

Oh yeah, I like It.

For Iowa State, it’s a chance to get that national love it probably hasn’t gotten enough of. It's a program on the rise, playing a program as legendary as Notre Dame.

It’s a chance for the college football world to see what we’ve been seeing for the past 14 or so games — that Brock Purdy really is one of the five best quarterbacks in college football.

It’s a chance for everyone to see true freshman running back Breece Hall, who has rushed for 842 yards. That’s right. The rookie is 158 yards from reaching the coveted 1,000-yard rushing mark during a season, despite carrying the ball just 17 times during the first four games. (cont)

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Fuck us.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Hope you guys are not taking ISU lightly. Statistics wise, they are not far away from the numbers that ND put up this season. Also they lost to the currently ranked #4 and #7 team by a combined score of 3 points. ND can definitely win the game. But I am always fearful of BK and preparing for big games.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          It is what makes us... Us..
                                                                                          I'm sure this is the only story we shall see regarding our brand.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/GLbiGvv9qrpny" width="378" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-christmas-evil-GLbiGvv9qrpny">via GIPHY</a></p>

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by nd_fan View Post
                                                                                            Hope you guys are not taking ISU lightly. Statistics wise, they are not far away from the numbers that ND put up this season. Also they lost to the currently ranked #4 and #7 team by a combined score of 3 points. ND can definitely win the game. But I am always fearful of BK and preparing for big games.
                                                                                            The only trolls that'll take this lightly are trolls.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Vegas spread says it all.

This is going to be a tight one.

Their ability to throw worries me
                                                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by nd_fan View Post
                                                                                                Big game? I though it was a warm fart?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Not useless unless you think it doesn't matter where you end up ranked. We could move way up in the polls if we win. That assumes, of course, that they'll actually start ranking us ahead of teams with 3 or 4 losses.

The build up has already begun "Iowa St is much better than their 7-5 record" so a win should mean something.

Comment

• #50

This is so true, it's funny.

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                                                                    Iowa State lost to Oklahoma and Baylor by a combined three points. Their biggest loss was by ten.
                                                                                                    The only lost by 3 to Baylor........They lost
                                                                                                    The only lost by 7 to OSU..........They lost
                                                                                                    The only lost by 1 to OU............They lost
                                                                                                    The only lost by 10 to KSU.........They lost
                                                                                                    The only lost by 1 to Iowa..........They lost

They are 7-5 and their only decent win was an iffy Longhorn team. Their record tells me that they may play well in spurts against the better teams, but they are not good enough to find a way to win.

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                                    I'm not so sure. The polls kept us at 16, 15 and 14 as other teams lost and we won.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Irish#1; 12-09-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X