Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct 23 | Southern Cal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Kelly confirmed today that Coan is the starter. They feel he gives them the best chance to win.
    I hope they don't try to shoehorn him into another phonebooth football offensive scheme like what failed miserably against Cincinnati and VT.

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
      Kelly confirmed today that Coan is the starter. They feel he gives them the best chance to win.
      coan gives ND the best chance to win until he keeps going 3 and out, then it'll be bunchers turn until he falls flat.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post

        coan gives ND the best chance to win until he keeps going 3 and out, then it'll be bunchers turn until he falls flat.
        Was just thinking the same thing.

        He gives the best chance, till he doesnt.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

          I hope they don't try to shoehorn him into another phonebooth football offensive scheme like what failed miserably against Cincinnati and VT.
          They need to go uptempo and keep things moving. Coan does much better in this format, although Tommy doesn't care that we see that on tv. He's going to huddle up, slow it down, "establish the run," and square peg in round hole this shit like a mofo.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post

            coan gives ND the best chance to win until he keeps going 3 and out, then it'll be bunchers turn until he falls flat.
            bunchers lol
            What did Davonte do?

            Comment


            • #56
              Coan hasn't given them the best chance to win since FSU. I want to be happy for this team and their perseverance, grit, and tough wins. But, it's hard to be when I truly believe the coaches are doing this to themselves. I don't think most of these games would be this close if the coaches made different personnel choices earlier. And, in the case of the QB position, they're just continuing to do it.

              I'll eat mad crow on this if Coan lights up USC on Saturday but I'm not hopeful it happens. The fact that Kelly had to answer the question of how, why, and when Coan is more effective in late game situations means he probably shouldn't be the starting QB. But, here we are. Go Irish!

              Comment


              • #57
                If this team struggles on Saturday I'll be very disappointed. I've watched SCum enough the past two years to know they can be somewhat Jekyll and Hyde but for the most part they don't show up and get bullied up front. If I were to make a case I guess maybe they've been better away from home??? Honestly ND should handle them.
                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                Comment


                • #58
                  If they put in Buchner and run read option twice then 4 verts on 3rd and 16 I’m going to throw my tv into the bathtub. With me in it.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                    If they put in Buchner and run read option twice then 4 verts on 3rd and 16 I’m going to throw my tv into the bathtub. With me in it.
                    Fill up the tub before kickoff then.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                      If this team struggles on Saturday I'll be very disappointed. I've watched SCum enough the past two years to know they can be somewhat Jekyll and Hyde but for the most part they don't show up and get bullied up front. If I were to make a case I guess maybe they've been better away from home??? Honestly ND should handle them.
                      Agreed. While the beat writers acknowledge that SCum is talented enough to beat ND, they go back to how broken they are, etc. Then there’s the stat about how the defenses for the next six games give up more YPP than the first six. What they don’t take into account is that all these teams likely mail it in for most opponents, they will most likely up for ND unless ND knocks them in the mouth early…which they haven’t been capable of doing thus far.

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Curious why Pyne isn't getting a look. Is he not capable of leading? Is it for recruiting purposes to show everyone that Kelly can develop a freshman QB with Coan as the bridge? I like the energy Pyne brings to the table and I'd love to see the McGregor walk more. Thoughts?

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by tko View Post
                          Curious why Pyne isn't getting a look. Is he not capable of leading? Is it for recruiting purposes to show everyone that Kelly can develop a freshman QB with Coan as the bridge? I like the energy Pyne brings to the table and I'd love to see the McGregor walk more. Thoughts?
                          He sucks in practice. Accuracy and reads aren’t good.

                          I think he has some of that gamer quality where he dials it up in games but the coaches just don’t trust him.

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post

                            He sucks in practice. Accuracy and reads aren’t good.

                            I think he has some of that gamer quality where he dials it up in games but the coaches just don’t trust him.
                            Thank you! Trust is key.

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Connor McGregor told Kelly he wasn't a real Irishman, they've had a feud ever since. Pyne backed the wrong horse in this one.

                              I don't really get it either. Other than the end of that VT game Pyne has had a higher QBR in his two games than any of Coan's other performances this season. Small sample size, but he also hasn't thrown any picks so we know he's taking care of the ball better than Buckner and Coan thusfar. I can see getting Buckner reps because the offense just seems to run better when either Pyne or Buckner are in and Buckner may well be the future, but the offense often stalls when Coan is in because of the OL struggles and his lack of mobility. If the OL has turned a corner, great, Coan could work...jury is still out though.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Originally posted by tko View Post
                                Curious why Pyne isn't getting a look. Is he not capable of leading? Is it for recruiting purposes to show everyone that Kelly can develop a freshman QB with Coan as the bridge? I like the energy Pyne brings to the table and I'd love to see the McGregor walk more. Thoughts?
                                I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pyne transfer out.
                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Regardless of USC’s record, they will play hard and keep it competitive. After all it’s their biggest Rivalry game as well.

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Clearly BK is trying to prevent a QB controversy next year between Buchner and Pyne

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                      Clearly BK is trying to prevent a QB controversy next year between Buchner and Pyne
                                      Yeah, he's trying to actively push Pyne out! That'll solve the problem. He's even been trying to get Clark up to speed this week, getting him lots of reps in 7 on 7.
                                      He's a Drew hater.

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

                                        I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pyne transfer out.
                                        So next year we have

                                        - Coan gone
                                        - Pyne potentially transferring out
                                        - Clark transferring or medically retiring
                                        - Buchner who may or may not be injury prone.

                                        I sure hope Angeli and uncommitted QB#2 are high quality players who are ready to go if Buchner gets hurt.

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Reading an article in The Athletic, the USC writer doesn't think USC's D line can hold up. Thinks the Irish will have success on the ground

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

                                            Yeah, he's trying to actively push Pyne out! That'll solve the problem. He's even been trying to get Clark up to speed this week, getting him lots of reps in 7 on 7.
                                            He's a Drew hater.
                                            I wonder if BK's hearing some whispers or rumors?

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                              Reading an article in The Athletic, the USC writer doesn't think USC's D line can hold up. Thinks the Irish will have success on the ground
                                              There's a first time for everything!

                                              Hopefully the improvements we saw on the ground against VT payoff this Saturday. Would be nice to go for 200 on the ground. I miss the days when that was damn guaranty.
                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                Fun fact: When Saturday morning rolls around, it will be 1,792 days since the Trojans were last victorious in this series. Let's push this thing into the 2000s.

                                                Fuck USC.
                                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                  Reading an article in The Athletic, the USC writer doesn't think USC's D line can hold up. Thinks the Irish will have success on the ground
                                                  oh yeah, keep talking dirty to me baby
                                                  Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

                                                    Yeah, he's trying to actively push Pyne out! That'll solve the problem. He's even been trying to get Clark up to speed this week, getting him lots of reps in 7 on 7.
                                                    He's a Drew hater.
                                                    I either missed some news or missed the sarcasm here, but is Clark really getting more practice reps? I’m not completely up to speed on what’s been going on with him this year. I do think I liked a healthy Clark more than Pyne tho.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #76
                                                      Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

                                                      I either missed some news or missed the sarcasm here, but is Clark really getting more practice reps? I’m not completely up to speed on what’s been going on with him this year. I do think I liked a healthy Clark more than Pyne tho.
                                                      Yeah, BK said they were getting him more reps to get rid of the rust.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #77
                                                        Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

                                                        I either missed some news or missed the sarcasm here, but is Clark really getting more practice reps? I’m not completely up to speed on what’s been going on with him this year. I do think I liked a healthy Clark more than Pyne tho.
                                                        Big fan of mullets, eh?
                                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #78
                                                          Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

                                                          I either missed some news or missed the sarcasm here, but is Clark really getting more practice reps? I’m not completely up to speed on what’s been going on with him this year. I do think I liked a healthy Clark more than Pyne tho.
                                                          Whelp...guess he's not going to be getting more reps anymore since he's entering the portal...guess those extra reps weren't going so well?

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #79
                                                            USC QB Jaxson Dart is still not medically cleared, Donte Williams says. No update on TE Michael Trigg.
                                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #80
                                                              Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                              USC QB Jaxson Dart is still not medically cleared, Donte Williams says. No update on TE Michael Trigg.
                                                              Works for me. The more hurt the better. Boat race the bitches.

                                                              Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

                                                              I either missed some news or missed the sarcasm here, but is Clark really getting more practice reps? I’m not completely up to speed on what’s been going on with him this year. I do think I liked a healthy Clark more than Pyne tho.
                                                              How could you tell? Clark was always hurt!

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #81
                                                                I really dislike USC and hope we win. That is all.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #82
                                                                  Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                                  I really dislike USC and hope we win. That is all.
                                                                  I've obviously always disliked USC and remember watching 2005 Bush Push game vividly on TV in sealing that dislike... BUT sitting behind their band a few years later is what really solidified that hatred. Holy shit play something else you frauds.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #83
                                                                    Ilium delenda est.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #84
                                                                      Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                      Ilium delenda est.
                                                                      Cochinas hacer las mejores enchiladas
                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #85
                                                                        Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

                                                                        Cochinas hacer las mejores enchiladas

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #86
                                                                          Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

                                                                          I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pyne transfer out.
                                                                          Drew Pyne loves Notre Dame and he is not transferring until he graduates. So you will have Drew around for another 1.5 to 2 years.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #87
                                                                            Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

                                                                            My mother in law made the mistake of telling me the worst thing I can call her daughter in public in Spanish,... that is now her pet name and I call her it constantly. My 'cochina'... because yes, I am a man of mucha cultura
                                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #88
                                                                              SP+ projects we beat the Trogans by 11:

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #89
                                                                                Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                SP+ projects we beat the Trogans by 11:

                                                                                Games this week kinda stink. Clemson Pitt should be the best game on the slate. The takes from Clemson fans if they lose that one will be a fun read.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                                                  I really dislike USC and hope we win. That is all.
                                                                                  I maintain, good sir, you can abridge this statement with a rudimentary condensed abbreviation:

                                                                                  FUSC!

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #91
                                                                                    I am not sure we’ll score 34 points. I could see the defense giving up a good amount passing yards but forcing 2 or 3 turnovers so the points don’t match the yards. 27-20 Irish.
                                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                                      I am not sure we’ll score 34 points. I could see the defense giving up a good amount passing yards but forcing 2 or 3 turnovers so the points don’t match the yards. 27-20 Irish.
                                                                                      I don't want to agree with you, but I do.

                                                                                      I really wish we could have a comfortable win one of these weeks, but I just don't see it these next two.
                                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #93
                                                                                        This defense is one of the worst ND has faced. Coming off the bye week, they absolutely can score 30+. How many points will the defense give up to them is the question. USC always has the athletes.

                                                                                        ND 34, USC 24 GO IRISH

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #94
                                                                                          Watching yesterday's zoom call, BK seems annoyed with the fan base. Can't say I blame him honestly. Hopefully the crowd brings it. I've got 5 Hawkeye fans to impress Saturday night.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #95
                                                                                            Watched the '73 and '10 games. Caught a glimpse of an RPO play with Clements. Refreshed my memory on how Ara loved to use motion and misdirection. Forgot how much talent ND had on that 2010 team.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                                                              Watching yesterday's zoom call, BK seems annoyed with the fan base. Can't say I blame him honestly. Hopefully the crowd brings it. I've got 5 Hawkeye fans to impress Saturday night.
                                                                                              Feeling is mutual?

                                                                                              I didn’t see the zoom call, but if I’m BK complaining about the fans, I’d go make a withdrawal from my bank account just to look at my balance. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #97
                                                                                                A friendly reminder that every single person on this site is smarter than BK. He really should be paying US to watch the team, if you think about it

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                                                                  Watching yesterday's zoom call, BK seems annoyed with the fan base. Can't say I blame him honestly. Hopefully the crowd brings it. I've got 5 Hawkeye fans to impress Saturday night.
                                                                                                  I didn't hear the question but I read the transcript. I didn't get the sense that he's annoyed, though. Other than Toledo, ND Stadium has been at capacity, correct?

                                                                                                  I took his answer more as "I hope the students come back from break early to watch us play our rival under the lights."
                                                                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                                    A friendly reminder that every single person on this site is smarter than BK. He really should be paying US to watch the team, if you think about it
                                                                                                    Lol.

                                                                                                    Our rep bars say exactly that.
                                                                                                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by ND88 View Post

                                                                                                      Feeling is mutual?

                                                                                                      I didn’t see the zoom call, but if I’m BK complaining about the fans, I’d go make a withdrawal from my bank account just to look at my balance. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
                                                                                                      This is the typical cycle of College Football. You come in, have succcess, and eventually the fans aren't content enough with winning. You gotta win big. You gotta win championships. You gotta win that way every year. etc. Some schools it happens faster than others. LSU for example. I can understand how a coach would get tired of listening to fans complain when they aren't satisfied with "just winning" anymore.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X