Clear All

• Oct 23 | Southern Cal

AT

Southern Cal Trojans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Notre Dame Stadium
    Notre Dame, IN
    October 23, 2021
    7:30 ET
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 04-29-2021, 08:01 PM.

Opening post, because it's tradition and we haven't lost in any season I've posted it.

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
        Opening post, because it's tradition and we haven't lost in any season I've posted it.

I swear, this is the Receptionist here at work; if not, her twin. And her grandad went to ND

Comment

Originally posted by texbender View Post

I swear, this is the Receptionist here at work; if not, her twin. And her grandad went to ND
          Pics or it isn’t true.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Pics or it isn’t true.
            and, she does cart wheels upon request.

Comment

I have been to almost every Notre Dame game in south central since the mid 90s. My best friend (USC grad) and I are coming to South Bend for the game this year. Is there a definitive list of activities and things to see on our week long trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by itchyBEAR View Post
                I have been to almost every Notre Dame game in south central since the mid 90s. My best friend (USC grad) and I are coming to South Bend for the game this year. Is there a definitive list of activities and things to see on our week long trip? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                One thing I can suggest that is not ND related is to visit the town of Nappanee which is an Amish settlement a short drive from South Bend. Pretty interesting place especially if you’re not familiar with their culture. Another area to check out are any of the natural sand dunes on Lake Michigan.

Comment

This thread might have some useful information for you:

https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/pla...d-first-timers

Comment

gameday.nd.edu will have all of the university sanctioned activities with times/maps etc for each game.

Comment

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

One thing I can suggest that is not ND related is to visit the town of Nappanee which is an Amish settlement a short drive from South Bend. Pretty interesting place especially if you’re not familiar with their culture. Another area to check out are any of the natural sand dunes on Lake Michigan.
                        Is Amish Acres still slingin' hash? You could fill your belly there!

Comment

Heck yeah, first USC game! Bringing five friends I'm hoping to convert.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                            Nwankpa and Proctor part of your group I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                              I've been to several of the USC night games under the BK regime. Some of the most electric ND Stadium atmospheres I've witnessed. Enjoy! Hope it's cold
                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

I've been to several of the USC night games under the BK regime. Some of the most electric ND Stadium atmospheres I've witnessed. Enjoy! Hope it's cold
                                Was 2011 the Crazy Train game?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

Yes. My only loss in ND stadium.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Yes. My only loss in ND stadium.
                                    I was there too. Definitely the most disappointing loss I ever attended, all things considered. So many self-inflicted wounds.

Comment

I wasn't at that one, but I was there in the defensive struggle '13 and Fuller burning Adoree in '15. '15 was by far my favorite atmosphere, though I'm speaking post-Lou. Unfortunately I was just a wee lad back then.
                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

I was there too. Definitely the most disappointing loss I ever attended, all things considered. So many self-inflicted wounds.
                                        The Atkinson return was basically the only part of that game that wasn't immensely frustrating. Still was a interesting game to attend. First game with the attempted change in atmosphere (ALLL ABOOOOARD HAHAHA...), and first game with the new helmets.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

I wasn't at that one, but I was there in the defensive struggle '13 and Fuller burning Adoree in '15. '15 was by far my favorite atmosphere, though I'm speaking post-Lou. Unfortunately I was just a wee lad back then.
                                          15 was awesome. I can't remember how many games I've been to over the years, but that was my first USC game. I was in the end zone about a quarter of the way up. Irish were going away from us. I saw Fuller open and jumped up and yelled "He's got him" right before Kizer let it rip. Stadium was rocking after that play.

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Ar...on--169580342/

Linebacker Jordan Iosefa has informed USC's coaching staff he intends to medically retire, USCFootball.com has learned. The redshirt senior and former team captain has battled knee injuries since the spring of 2018.

Iosefa finishes his Trojans' career with 78 tackles, seven for losses with three sacks, six deflections, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. The linebacker appeared in 36 games with 16 starts. He was a three-star prospect in the 2016 class, rated the No. 774 overall player and the No. 49 linebacker, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Iosefa was a versatile piece in USC's defense from the beginning. He started seven times in 2017, twice at inside linebacker and five times at outside linebacker. He was positioned to take over Uchenna Nwosu's starting outside linebacker spot in 2018, but suffered a minor setback when he dislocated his kneecap during the Trojans' spring camp. He underwent surgery to clean up cartilage and made a full recovery for the 2018 season where he started at outside linebacker. He recorded 38 tackles, including four for losses with two sacks, four deflections and a fumble recovery in 12 game appearances and nine starts.

He suffered a similar injury during the first week of USC's 2019 fall camp, as the linebacker dislocated his kneecap during the team's first practice in full pads and underwent surgery. He was originally expected to return to action within 4-6 weeks, but ultimately redshirted the 2019 season. Though he was missing from the action on the field, Iosefa still represented the Trojans as a team captain that season.

Iosefa was expected to make his return in USC's 2020 shortened season, but head coach Clay Helton announced on the first day of the team's media availability that the linebacker had once again underwent season-ending surgery to clean up scar tissue in his knee. Despite the setback, Helton shared that he anticipated Iosefa to play in his final year of eligibility in 2021.

"Yeah, I do. You know, he was progressing nicely, but he has a some scar tissue that he's going to have [surgery on] to ... clean up some things," Helton said in October. "It takes time to get that back and if we were playing a four-or-five month season, [he] probably would have that opportunity. But he's got one year [of eligibility left] and we want him to be able to have the best experience possible for him. And he's been a team captain here. He's been a leader here and continues to be that each and every day. But we're going to go ahead and get that thing exactly right for him so his last year he can have the best experience possible."

Iosefa's decision comes at the conclusion of USC's 2021 fall camp. The linebacker was seen rehabbing during USC's 2021 fall camp, but never participated in the team's practices.
                                            40COMMENTS
                                            Overall, the Trojans' linebacker depth seems to be in a better position than it was in 2020. Ralen Goforth, Kana'i Mauga and Raymond Scott are currently competing for the team's two starting inside linebacker roles. USC also signed two four-star prospects in its 2021 class with Julien Simon and Raesjon Davis. Tuasivi Nomura, Tayler Katoa and converted safety Kaulana Makaula practiced with the Trojans' second team in fall camp as well. Former four-star linebacker Solomon Tuliaupupu continues to make progress toward seeing the field in 2021 after undergoing knee surgery in 2020.

USC opens the season on Sept. 4 against the defending Mountain West Conference champions in San Jose State.
                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

I always hit the Trumpets Under the Dome before a game if I can help it. Hard to get a real good spot on the rail at the top floor unless you show up an hour or so before, but even half an hour before you can get a decent spot anywhere. Worth doing at least once if you've never been there for it. The audio is a bit crappy, but here's some video from the 2015 USC game I got. The energy is indescribable.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/usc-qb-jaxs...012928923.html

USC QB Jaxson Dart is out indefinitely after knee surgery.

Dart suffered a torn right meniscus in the second half of the Trojans' win over Washington State on Saturday according to multiple reports. Per Rivals' TrojanSports.com, Dart had knee surgery on Tuesday and the injury happened when he was hit in the knee while scrambling in the first half.
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

I haven’t been following close but what happened to Slovis? I heard Dart is really good.

Comment

He was injured early in the last game but is expected to return today although his play hasn’t been up to par this year.

Comment

Their defense is hot garbage. Oregon St. gashed them on the ground, and their secondary has just been completely lost all night

Comment

Originally posted by arndtjc View Post
                                                          Their defense is hot garbage. Oregon St. gashed them on the ground, and their secondary has just been completely lost all night
                                                          I was going to turn on the game when I saw this, but given that they're down 2 scores already I'd hate to jinx things and see them come back.

Comment

SC doing their best Stanford impersonation.

Comment

Oregon St hasn't won at SC in 60 something years?

Did I hear that right???

Comment

Did I hear that right???
                                                                FUSC!

Comment

I hope this giant is never woken.
                                                                  Hard to believe they can stay down this long with the talent filled area they reside.

Comment

Any predictions on the betting line for this week? I’m guessing it will be double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy3Putt View Post
                                                                      I hope this giant is never woken.
                                                                      Hard to believe they can stay down this long with the talent filled area they reside.
                                                                      They were probably saying the same thing about ND in the during the Willingham/Weis run.

Comment

Did I hear that right???
                                                                        Crazy considering that even when sc was rolling they had a really tough time up in Corvallis for quite some time there
                                                                        There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                          Any predictions on the betting line for this week? I’m guessing it will be double digits.
                                                                          ND -5

Comment

DK has it at 6.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                              DK has it at 6.
                                                                              seems low but USC is still a potent team offensively. They have a gigantic edge at the QB position. Their quite vulnerable to a good RTDB offense but we aren't there yet.

Need to get sacks, TO's and some first downs in the 4th qtr with the lead.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                It's now rivalry week.
                                                                                Fuck USC!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                  It's now rivalry week.
                                                                                  Fuck USC!
                                                                                  Fuck'em in pu**y

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

seems low but USC is still a potent team offensively. They have a gigantic edge at the QB position. Their quite vulnerable to a good RTDB offense but we aren't there yet.

Need to get sacks, TO's and some first downs in the 4th qtr with the lead.
                                                                                    I wouldn't say they have a gigantic edge at QB. Slovis hasn't been good this year at all. Dude has looked flat out bad at times and has been very turnover prone this year.

Also, USC is the worst defensive team we've played to date, especially against the run.
                                                                                    It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      FU$C

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post

I wouldn't say they have a gigantic edge at QB. Slovis hasn't been good this year at all. Dude has looked flat out bad at times and has been very turnover prone this year.

Also, USC is the worst defensive team we've played to date, especially against the run.
                                                                                        They have 7 QB's on roster. No wonder they don't have any linemen.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I'm sure Slovis will be razor sharp Saturday, always happens.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                                            I'm sure Slovis will be razor sharp Saturday, always happens.
                                                                                            This^. If not, his backup should be healthy and he’s been impressive as well. ND (like most teams) struggles w/ QBs who can run. They proved that again last week when Burmeister completed seemingly every 3rd & long when he wasn’t running free.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Irishize View Post

This^. If not, his backup should be healthy and he’s been impressive as well. ND (like most teams) struggles w/ QBs who can run. They proved that again last week when Burmeister completed seemingly every 3rd & long when he wasn’t running free.
                                                                                              After VT Freeman has to have someone spying him. Right?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Kelly confirmed today that Coan is the starter. They feel he gives them the best chance to win.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Based on today's presser Mayer, Tyree and Buchner are all good to go this week

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Alt is starting LT, even with Carmody healthy. Love that. Carmody listed as TE now. Similar to Alt was before he got the nod in Carmody's absence. Carmody will essentially be an extra blocker for the 13 packages.

Also, not a surprise but Kristofic is starting LG.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X