Oct 9 | Virginia Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
    I think ND can field an adequate line with Madden at guard, but not if he's paired with Lugg. They're just both way too immobile.

You can't have a guy like Madden, who's great at the point of attack, but can't do much in chipping guys off the edge to assist the tackle, if the tackle is on ice skates all game.

I'd say you give anyone, literally ANYONE a shot at RT, other than Lugg. For me, I'd go with:

LT: Alt
    LG: Kristofic
    C: Patterson
    RG: Madden
    RT: Carmody/Baker
    Baker ok, but I’ve seen nothing from Carmody to play him over Lugg and that’s scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
      Get analysts like Bama has. What about when bama was trying to modernise their offence and had Kiffin and Sarkisian as his assistant.
      We do have analysts. The problem is while Alabama modernizes by hiring Kiffin and Sarkisian and O'Brien to run the offense, ND hires guys like Tommy Rees.

ND has the money and name recognition to hire anybody for any position but they choose to hire scrubs. Not at every position. But too many.

Comment

• Ok I’m watching Oklahoma Texas and a true freshman QB for OK replace their heisman candidate and basically score 35 points in the second half. This kid didn’t play HS FB last year just like Buchner and he might now be the face this season and the next two for OK football. Rattler is supposed to be the shit and alit better than Coan and yet Kelly doesn’t have the balls to give him a shot. We can still win out with TB if he truly is what we thought he might be but he has to be given the chance. TB will wind up in the portal if he isn’t the starter next year. We aren’t winning it all or making the playoffs this year so let’s see what upside we might have with TB. We can even can Rees and Quinn mid season. What do we have to lose? Losing with Coan is accepting mediocrity once again imo.

Comment

• I’m not sure if I missed it, is Mayer supposed to play today?
          I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeatSC View Post
            Ok I’m watching Oklahoma Texas and a true freshman QB for OK replace their heisman candidate and basically score 35 points in the second half. This kid didn’t play HS FB last year just like Buchner and he might now be the face this season and the next two for OK football. Rattler is supposed to be the shit and alit better than Coan and yet Kelly doesn’t have the balls to give him a shot. We can still win out with TB if he truly is what we thought he might be but he has to be given the chance. TB will wind up in the portal if he isn’t the starter next year. We aren’t winning it all or making the playoffs this year so let’s see what upside we might have with TB. We can even can Rees and Quinn mid season. What do we have to lose? Losing with Coan is accepting mediocrity once again imo.
            Caleb Williams was also the #1 5 star can’t miss QB. TB is talented but he was not in the same league as Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Somebody should open a "who would you start at QB?" poll. The results would be interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

Caleb Williams was also the #1 5 star can’t miss QB. TB is talented but he was not in the same league as Williams.

Well is he is even remotely close then Kelly should do it. He was the only QB in the Blue Gold game to make plays. Kid is a playmaker and has the arm strength that Pyne lacks. His running ability would open up this offense and we all know that. Not interested in the game manager anymore.

Comment

Well is he is even remotely close then Kelly should do it. He was the only QB in the Blue Gold game to make plays. Kid is a playmaker and has the arm strength that Pyne lacks. His running ability would open up this offense and we all know that. Not interested in the game manager anymore.
                  I kind of rather TB play a bit but in sensible situations and otherwise practice with Style and Colzie and the other Bs getting ready for next season. If he started this year he would be throwing to dudes who wont be here next season (apart from Mayer).

Comment

• And Toledo loses another game…..our SOS looks weaker and weaker every week. We aren’t making the playoff even at 11-1.

Comment

And Toledo loses another game…..our SOS looks weaker and weaker every week. We aren’t making the playoff even at 11-1.
                      Haha. That has been clear for weeks.
                      Making the play offs isn't the goal winning the ship is and that isnt happening this season. Just get into a good bowl game and win it and take some momentum into 22.

Comment

• Coans inability to make plays with his legs is killing this offense. Every QB except for the sloth Tommy Rees under Kelly made plays with their legs. Coan is and should be a non-starter…..literally

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Haha. That has been clear for weeks.
                          Making the play offs isn't the goal winning the ship is and that isnt happening this season. Just get into a good bowl game and win it and take some momentum into 22.
                          This can and should be accomplished without anymore Playing time for Coan. He has had ample opportunities and against Wisconsin and Cincy I would say he failed miserably. I know Pyne looked much better than Coan but he can not be the future. Maybe Rattler can come here after he enters the transfer portal.

Comment

Coans inability to make plays with his legs is killing this offense. Every QB except for the sloth Tommy Rees under Kelly made plays with their legs. Coan is and should be a non-starter…..literally
                            That is why Pyne has had the most success moving the offense this year. He is the only QB on the team where the opposition is not sure what he is going to do.

Comment

• And yet all indications are that Coan will be starting and possibly wasting a half of possessions.

Comment

• I am hoping we see some Diggs. I'd prefer he gets Cbo's involvement.

Comment

• Coans starting. Per Mr Coan
                                  My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
                                    Coans starting. Per Mr Coan
                                    Well, hope he has a great game.
                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

I wish I could be bad at my job and not really face any repercussions. Oh well.

Comment

Coan has blackmail on BK.
                                        Last edited by GoldenAura; 10-09-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post

I wish I could be bad at my job and not really face any repercussions. Oh well.
                                          I’m sure if thousands of people followed your job performance like we do Kellys, quite a few would be talking shit about you. That’s how it works. I’m sure you could go on a Clemson forum and read how dumb Dabo is.
                                          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

I’m sure if thousands of people followed your job performance like we do Kellys, quite a few would be talking shit about you. That’s how it works. I’m sure you could go on a Clemson forum and read how dumb Dabo is.
                                            Does that make Kelly right? And I’m talking about Coan, not Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post

Does that make Kelly right? And I’m talking about Coan, not Kelly.
                                              Honestly, I don’t know if Kelly is right or not regarding the QB situation. I’d personally go with Pyne. We’ll find out shortly if he made the correct call.

Comment

• Coan starting? What a disgrace and I really cannot comprehend. He adds so little to the offense. Over/under sacks 9?

Comment

• So this where we’re at, huh?

ND offered exactly one QB in 2020, got their man, enrolled him early, and we’re still thinking the staff can’t get him ready enough to unseat what we’ve seen from Jack Coan?

Comment

• Oh no we suck again…

Comment

• Holy F….
                                                      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• How does one watch this game? ACC Network? lol

Comment

• Comcast doesn’t carry the ACC Network? How are you all watching this game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                            So this where we’re at, huh?

ND offered exactly one QB in 2020, got their man, enrolled him early, and we’re still thinking the staff can’t get him ready enough to unseat what we’ve seen from Jack Coan?
                                                            No, it is where we were.
                                                            I think the fact ND has decided they are going after 2 QBs in 22 is an admission they should have gone after 2 in 21 and in 20.
                                                            Got to accept it is a bad QB room presently but they are remedying this.

Comment

• I have the ACC network.... do you gents want updates throughout the game?

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/richmon...09df3.amp.html

Greed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dizzyphil View Post
                                                                  I have the ACC network.... do you gents want updates throughout the game?
                                                                  I’ve got it too but I don’t like this sort of peacock-Esque money grab at the expense of so many fans. You can listen to SiriusXM radio station 129. It’s almost as good.

Comment

• Or you can watch the replay with Lindsay Nelson on Sunday

Comment

• Seriously .... you guys want updates?

Comment

Or you can watch the replay with Lindsay Nelson on Sunday

Comment

• Not going to do play-by-play... just do scoring and time in each quarter

Comment

• Can't wait for Coan to struggle early, get replaced by Pyne, have Pyne excel and turn the offense around, only for Kelly to vehemently defend his decision to go with Coan.
                                                                            “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                                            ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• LFG! Time for the offense to step up.

Comment

• Seriously, fricking BK. They better start well.

Comment

• Go Irish!

Comment

• What's even the point of running read option with Coan. He has never kept the ball even when the read has been for a keep.
                                                                                    “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                                                    ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                                                                      What's even the point of running read option with Coan. He has never kept the ball even when the read has been for a keep.
                                                                                      We're at 1

Comment

• Haha, shocker. 3 and out. What a terrible offense. A complete joke

Comment

• 1st Qtr. wrong move - starting Coan

Comment

• Coan is bad at football

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

We're at 1
                                                                                              Were at 2

Comment

• In 2016 our Offense wasn’t this bad

Comment

• Usual start for the offense

Comment

• Same shit different week.

Comment

• Going to start calling him the Traffic Coan. About as elusive as one.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X