Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

Junk-tucked Buffalo Bill cross dress dance is all of us
    Hey, what you do at home is your business! Just don't speak for the rest of us

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

Let's just say you and I admire and TRUST different kinds of people.

These talking heads of whom you are so enamored, which of the TWELVE GAMES we are playing did they anticipate being CANCELED or FORFEITED.

Like Apostles
      Like 12 months in a year
      Like ND's 12 game schedule

Habla 'Rithmetic?..

Your clincher quote was "There's way too much talent on this team for them to be playing this poorly>" Did you steal this quote from Clemson? Texas A&M? North Carolina? LSU?...

But here is what YOU specifically should concern thyself with:

"Do you, Valpodoc, have "way too much talent" to post about an 11 game schedule?"

Or not.......................
      This is like getting feedback on an essay from a professor who takes pleasure encrypting his simple hatred of your thesis with overcomplicated criticisms, lol.

Comment

Junk-tucked Buffalo Bill cross dress dance is all of us

Comment

• Got some insider info on QB for Saturday night. Not sure I trust it yet but throwing it out there anyway. Dont be surprised to see #17 leading the offense. Dont be surprised to see Coan and only Coan Saturday. Hope it's not true but wanted to share this possibility.

Comment

• Sampson on his podcast said he's confident ND wins this game

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CrystalHead View Post
              Got some insider info on QB for Saturday night. Not sure I trust it yet but throwing it out there anyway. Dont be surprised to see #17 leading the offense. Dont be surprised to see Coan and only Coan Saturday. Hope it's not true but wanted to share this possibility.
              Respectfully, I really hope you’re wrong, lol. I don’t think I can take anymore of that. I was legit close to turning off the TV with Coan at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                Sampson on his podcast said he's confident ND wins this game

On the Shamrock pod they had a VA Tech writer on. Sampson went through the things ND sucks at and was like "do you think Virginia Tech can take advantage of that at all?" And he was like "No." It was pretty funny.

These are two teams kind of stumbling in the dark on offense trying to find something that works. It's probably going to be another Wisconsin type game unless Pyne starts and can put some long drives together. If Coan starts it's gonna be a great first drive, followed by like 5 three and outs as is custom.

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post

On the Shamrock pod they had a VA Tech writer on. Sampson went through the things ND sucks at and was like "do you think Virginia Tech can take advantage of that at all?" And he was like "No." It was pretty funny.

These are two teams kind of stumbling in the dark on offense trying to find something that works. It's probably going to be another Wisconsin type game unless Pyne starts and can put some long drives together. If Coan starts it's gonna be a great first drive, followed by like 5 three and outs as is custom.
                  Yeah that was hilarious. That Va Tech guy thinks neither team gets to 20 but has zero confidence in Virginia Tech's offense to do anything at all. He even seems to think ND gets a run game going.

Comment

• Kelly is going to stick with "his guy" most likely. I'm glad I'm traveling for lacrosse and will be forced to search for the game online.

Comment

• Is Alt starting at LT?

Comment

• If kelly doesn’t make a change and it’s a close win or they lose he knows he will be blast and 100% will deserve it.
                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Respectfully, I really hope you’re wrong, lol. I don’t think I can take anymore of that. I was legit close to turning off the TV with Coan at QB.
                          Personally, I say ride the Buchner train and let him experience his growing pains. We got nothing to play for this year, so I want all the cob webs shaken off before next season when we'll end up with a losing record if we don't have a QB that is adequate.
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• I can’t imagine Coan gets the nod.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                              I can’t imagine Coan gets the nod.
                              Agreed....I think we're going to go with Pyne and play Buchner in spots. Should be strictly red zone, unless he gets every rep, which is what I would like to see us go with.
                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                I can’t imagine Coan gets the nod.
                                I can’t either but I’m also going in w/ caution regarding Pyne. He’s not Ian Book & even Book threw two picks in his 1st start of the QB change (luckily they won handily anyways but he actually had a functioning OL).

Comment

• If BK is really sticking with Coan, I'm not watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenAura View Post
                                    If BK is really sticking with Coan, I'm not watching.
                                    I don’t think you’ll be the only one.

Comment

• I value the opinion of Prister, OMalley, and Sampson. IIRC, someone mentioned that obviously the press isn't seeing everything the coaches see in practice. It's definitely possible that Pyne is just a gamer and isn't consistent enough in practice to give the coaches confidence to start him over Coan. It's also been discussed that Pyne doesn't read defenses very well. If the staff views that as a major liability against a VT defense, on the road, at night...then I won't be shocked to see Coan start. And if that's the case, Tommy Rees better get his play calling together, because what he did in the Cincy game was pretty bad, outside of the first drive (until Coan's ridiculous INT).

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Trust me I hope I'm wrong too! With Kelly's track record and being stubborn it makes sense. Last week at halftime I went out and mowed the lawn because i couldn't take it anymore. Cincinnati was a totally beatable team.

Comment

• Pyne has def had some head scratching throws the last two games. However, we might be just as of at risk for turnover or wtf plays by having Coan statue back there behind this OL. I think decision on mobility is the key here. Pyne can extend some plays and get some extra yards.

For the love of god if we play Buchner can we just throw a standard slant to get things started for him.
                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• He's fucking with the media. Has been all year. No way he's going with Coan... right BK... right?

Comment

• Its going to be Coan folks.

Everyone should know how BK thinks by now. Loud environment, high pressure... go with experience. BK always goes with experience.

Also, for all this talk about going with one QB and sticking with it... I think all that means is that the Buchner package is gone. Coan will start and get a couple of drives to prove himself and let the crowd die down a bit and then if he hasnt performed, its Pyne the rest of the way.

Comment

• I might have to start drinking now to cope with Coan starting. WT actual F

Did Pyne run over Kelly's dog or something? WE NEED TO PLAY FOR 2022!!! Rather lose with Pyne/Buchner growing than Coan eeeking out a win to prolong the inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                                  Its going to be Coan folks.

Everyone should know how BK thinks by now. Loud environment, high pressure... go with experience. BK always goes with experience.

Also, for all this talk about going with one QB and sticking with it... I think all that means is that the Buchner package is gone. Coan will start and get a couple of drives to prove himself and let the crowd die down a bit and then if he hasnt performed, its Pyne the rest of the way.
                                                  He just said as much in his presser. Emphasized the importance of experience on the road while also downplaying the need for mobility. How does that apply when the line can't block? God forbid Pyne gets valuable experience on the road but I guess he's not a practice superstar. BK will die on this hill.

Comment

• From a purely selfish perspective - this would suck. I do not have fun watching the offense with Coan at QB.

Maybe the plan is to just play Coan to limit offensive snaps so that the defense can score points.

Comment

• Boy, I cannot even imagine what will happen with ND nation if Coan starts and Notre Dame loses on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                        Boy, I cannot even imagine what will happen with ND nation if Coan starts and Notre Dame loses on Saturday.
                                                        It will probably be a better watch than the game itself...
                                                        This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Boy, I cannot even imagine what will happen with ND nation if Coan starts and Notre Dame loses on Saturday.
                                                          (ND nation being the abstraction of all ND fans, collectively, not that website).

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                            I might have to start drinking now to cope with Coan starting. WT actual F

Did Pyne run over Kelly's dog or something? WE NEED TO PLAY FOR 2022!!! Rather lose with Pyne/Buchner growing than Coan eeeking out a win to prolong the inevitable.
                                                            This is really dumb.
                                                            I want Pyne.
                                                            But that is really, really dumb to throw in the season for next year. Not how that works.
                                                            Pyne gives us (imo) the best chance for 2021 which is why I want him.

If, IF ND played for next year, then they would need to be working on expanding Tyler's playbook, asap.

Comment

• SIAP Wlikins OFS with MCL tear. Styles and Colzie this is your shot, unless we go with 22 personnel. After Kelly went out of his way in the presser to blame Austin's poor play no overuse it would behoove him to actually use these guys.

Comment

• On the playing for next year thing - I understand the sentiment because it gives this year more meaning with the playoffs out the window.

But. Most of these seniors won't play anymore football after this year; you can't just sandbag them like that. You would lose the locker room and end up with a mess.

Now if they drop a few more games, it becomes more and more reasonable.

Also, playing Pyne is playing for the future too. He was pretty highly rated and seems somewhat ready.

Buchner kind of looks like a project right now. He had that two year layoff and is basically knocking rust off now. At the same time, he is trying to adapt to the college classroom workload and college football workload. I was excited to see what he could do, but now that I have, I'm not sure he has a lot to offer at this stage. He looked very uncomfortable in the pocket in the few chances he had. I don't know that throwing him to the fire this year would actually benefit him.

Comment

• You'll see Colzie and Styles, mostly in the first half. BK was pretty clear about that. The two questionable throws Pyne had were on Pyne and lack of practice reps. He threw to the wrong spot both times. Unfortunately both came at critical times.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel for the season because of one loss to a top 10 team, even if they were beatable. I like Pyne, but I think he will start Coan. Not only because of this being on the road at night, but if he were to bench Coan, it's almost like sending a negative message to the team that the season is over. These guys want to win now, not prep for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                    You'll see Colzie and Styles, mostly in the first half. BK was pretty clear about that. The two questionable throws Pyne had were on Pyne and lack of practice reps. He threw to the wrong spot both times. Unfortunately both came at critical times.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel for the season because of one loss to a top 10 team, even if they were beatable. I like Pyne, but I think he will start Coan. Not only because of this being on the road at night, but if he were to bench Coan, it's almost like sending a negative message to the team that the season is over. These guys want to win now, not prep for next year.
                                                                    I actually don't agree with that part. Starting Buchner would send that message for sure. But there is a legit argument Pyne gives them a better chance to win now and I think a lot of the players actually feel that way based on how they responded to him.

Comment

• How about the message to Pyne that no matter what you do, you ridin' pine bitch. Pyne not only makes us better for 2022 but quite obviously makes us better to finish this year. Trade off is more volatility for higher upside - should be clear now which route to go but Kelly has never shown a desire to accept risk. I had hoped he recognized a dynamic offense was needed but apparently he thinks you can get there without taking shots.

Playing for 2022 is not giving up on 2021 - it is accepting a lower floor in order to achieve a higher ceiling.

Just baffling that anyone can look at this team and think Coan is a better fit than Pyne to find success. WTF is the point of keeping Coan in there other than being a stubborn mule?

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

This is really dumb.
                                                                        I want Pyne.
                                                                        But that is really, really dumb to throw in the season for next year. Not how that works.
                                                                        Pyne gives us (imo) the best chance for 2021 which is why I want him.

If, IF ND played for next year, then they would need to be working on expanding Tyler's playbook, asap.
                                                                        The minute ND loses - reps for youth should be increased across the board and play calling more aggressive (i.e. Buchner has two arms, force him to use one). Say you are keeping people fresh or whatever but failing to get experience for talent is what a) makes them transfer and b) puts us in a perpetual state of inexperience. D line hasn't missed a beat b/c they have rotated a pile of folks for years. Yes they have talent but they have been given real game snaps to grow.

Yes I said play for 2022 - because the head coach should have an eye on the future as well as the present. Even if Coan is the better option this weekend (which is hard to comprehend how anyone comes to this conclusion) - who develops this offense the best for where it needs to be at year end. Yeah you need to win week to week, but after 12 years Kelly should know that isn't enough to reach the next level.

Comment

• From what I've read and heard, Pyne can't read defenses. He sees the field better than Book ever did, but he's terrible at reading a defense pre-snap as well as on the fly (not to say he can't get better but as of right now). Say what you will about Coan's liabilities, but Pyne isn't without them himself. Freeman's defense has been good enough that this team doesn't need to score 38ppg. They just need to not shit the bed and give other team's free points via turnovers. Which QB limits the most turnovers? Seems neither of the three are w/o risk.

I understand everyone's frustrations about the QB situation. I'm not a huge Coan supporter myself. But at the same time, there's a reason why they say the backup QB at ND is always the most popular person on the team. I trust the coaches to put the team in the right position to win. Can they be better? Sure. But this armchair reaction from the fanbase is a bit hysterical.

This team has it's fair share of issues, but I think we can pump the brakes a little considering 10-2 was a pretty realistic pre-season prediction one that is still certainly within reach.

VT is winnable. If they lose and look awful doing so, I think using the next two weeks to prep with USC is a better time to make changes. Not this week.

Comment

I mean, BK should always do what he feels is best but at this point I truly do not see how he can risk starting Coan. If it doesn't go well, I think you risk not only the fan base and media losing their collective minds but also the team. Regardless of how strong you feel the locker room might be.

At this point, it's pretty unanimous amongst fans that Pyne should get the start. Do we really think the team feels differently? You continue to trot out Coan and lose again, I worry some players start to check out.

This team is nearly good enough to even have a few guys mentally not locked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                                                              From what I've read and heard, Pyne can't read defenses. He sees the field better than Book ever did, but he's terrible at reading a defense pre-snap as well as on the fly (not to say he can't get better but as of right now). Say what you will about Coan's liabilities, but Pyne isn't without them himself. Freeman's defense has been good enough that this team doesn't need to score 38ppg. They just need to not shit the bed and give other team's free points via turnovers. Which QB limits the most turnovers? Seems neither of the three are w/o risk.

I understand everyone's frustrations about the QB situation. I'm not a huge Coan supporter myself. But at the same time, there's a reason why they say the backup QB at ND is always the most popular person on the team. I trust the coaches to put the team in the right position to win. Can they be better? Sure. But this armchair reaction from the fanbase is a bit hysterical.

This team has it's fair share of issues, but I think we can pump the brakes a little considering 10-2 was a pretty realistic pre-season prediction one that is still certainly within reach.

VT is winnable. If they lose and look awful doing so, I think using the next two weeks to prep with USC is a better time to make changes. Not this week.
                                                                              Could be because we’ve watched backup quarterbacks like Rees in ‘10, Zaire in ‘14, Kizer in ‘15, and Book in ‘17 all come in and replace the starters, (for one reason or another) play better, and ultimately beat them out for the full time job. In each one of those cases the coaches thought Crist, Golson, Zaire, and Wimbush were the best options, only to be proven wrong.

I’ll be surprised if Pyne/Coan aren’t added to the list this season.
                                                                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Could be because we’ve watched backup quarterbacks like Rees in ‘10, Zaire in ‘14, Kizer in ‘15, and Book in ‘17 all come in and replace the starters, (for one reason or another) play better, and ultimately beat them out for the full time job. In each one of those cases the coaches thought Crist, Golson, Zaire, and Wimbush were the best options, only to be proven wrong.

I’ll be surprised if Pyne/Coan aren’t added to the list this season.
                                                                                Which is one of the biggest indictments on CBK. It's like he is afraid to let the back up show up the starter and only lets them play when his hand is forced.

Comment

• Just listened to the Irish Illustrated podcast. They all now think it's Coan. O'Malley and Sampson are kind of in disbelief.

O'Malley quote:
                                                                                  "I'm going to deny this like a flat-earther until it happens at 7:30 on Saturday. I'm just gonna keep praying that Drew Pyne will be the quarterback. I do not understand the sitting duck situation."

Haha let it all out Tim!
                                                                                  Last edited by KellyIsIt; 10-07-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Sunday Morning Headline:

"Coan Passes for Two Touchdowns and Runs for Three More as Irish Roll and Heads Explode"
                                                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Sunday Morning Headline:

"Coan Passes for Two Touchdowns and Runs for Three More and Irish Roll and Heads Explode"
                                                                                      Haha if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised Eddie.

Comment

Just listened to the Irish Illustrated podcast. They all now think it's Coan. O'Malley and Sampson are kind of in disbelief.

O'Malley quote:
                                                                                        "I'm going to deny this like a flat-earther until it happens at 7:30 on Saturday. I'm just gonna keep praying that Drew Pyne will be the quarterback. I do not understand the sitting duck situation."

Haha let it all out Tim!

Comment

• On the VT O-line. They aren't without their issues.

It’s unclear if right tackle Silas Dzansi (ankle) will play against Notre Dame, though even if he’s back, the Hokies might at times stick with the altered offensive line setup: Lecitus Smith at left tackle, Hoffman at left guard, Jordan at center, Kaden Moore at right guard and Luke Tenuta at right tackle.
                                                                                          Dzansi’s status means a lot for the Hokies’ offensive line arrangement. If he’s healthy, Tech can go with its preseason lineup up front. If not, it’ll require all kinds of shuffling, with Lecitus Smith moving out to left tackle, Brock Hoffman taking his spot at left guard, Johnny Jordan taking Hoffman’s spot at center and Luke Tenuta flipping from left to right tackle. That was the lineup the Hokies used against Richmond, though that group hardly overwhelmed the Spiders. Tech ran for just 106 yards and averaged 3.2 yards per carry.
                                                                                          Last edited by Irish#1; 10-07-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• It is an indictment of the QB recruiting under Rees.
                                                                                            Last edited by T-Boone; 10-07-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Onward...some good injury news today. Hinish cleared tp play. Baker and Carmody both practiced this week. Bauman on schedule to return in a few weeks. (Takacs' lack of involvement in the passing game is a red flag, IMO). Mayer is "limited" but avalable.

Carroll has been moved the OT. Not sure if this is just a hail mary or if he's showing signs of finally getting it together. But it would be kind of grimly comical if we went to a fifth LT at some point.

Comment

• I expect Carroll’s move to OT (if it happens) has more to do with all the other options being injured except for Alt and Josh Lugg whose back is a constant health concern. Or maybe Kristofic has win over some confidence.

Comment

Just listened to the Irish Illustrated podcast. They all now think it's Coan. O'Malley and Sampson are kind of in disbelief.

O'Malley quote:

Haha let it all out Tim!
                                                                                                  Same w/ ISD. They said BK sounds Iike Coan still “gives them the best chance to win”. Pyne must suck in practice. They seemed equally as frustrated that they were going back to Baker/Carmondy instead of Alt at LT.

Comment

• Anyone heading to the game? I just started looking at tickets online. Not sure I feel like driving 4.5 hours to watch Coan start.
                                                                                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• We're starting Mertz's backup again??

How many times does Pyne have to come in to give us a chance after the Coan-hole? Completely disrespectful to Pyne and negligent.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X