• Oct 9 | Virginia Tech

​​​AT

Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Virginia Tech Hokies
    Lane Stadium
    Blacksburg, VA
    October 9, 2021
    ACC Network
    7:30 pm
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 09-27-2021, 10:41 AM.

ND plays a Super Bowl every Saturday. Well it is to the other team at least.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      ND plays a Super Bowl every Saturday. Well it is to the other team at least.

Always cracks me up when people downplay this stuff. It's hard to get up for 8-9 regular season competitive games, but when you're a team like Pittsburgh or a fading VT team...it's pretty easy to circle a few or even one like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Always cracks me up when people downplay this stuff. It's hard to get up for 8-9 regular season competitive games, but when you're a team like Pittsburgh or a fading VT team...it's pretty easy to circle a few or even one like this.
        Just goes to show the cache that the name ND still carries.

Comment

Are they bringing in Metallica for the game?

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
            Are they bringing in Metallica for the game?
            That worked so well for them last time

Comment

Comment

Time TBA but likely a 7:30 PM start. Those stripes won't show up as well in the daytime.

Seems like we just went down there but its been a few years.

Comment

Boooo! Put it on ABC or something you cowards

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                    Boooo! Put it on ABC or something you cowards
                    haha. They want to hide their inevitable embarrassment from the national spotlight.

I don't have ACC Network through Xfinity so I guess I'm going to have to find a place to watch this one
                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Yeah same here

Comment

Fubo app had it last year. They had something like a seven day free trial IIRC.

Comment

Good looking out!

Comment

Hardly anyone has AAC Network, gonna be a game that most people stream.

Comment

I have all the conference networks. From Sept to March they're great. Basically every power 5 game is on somewhere. The rest of the year they have nuthin'. Replays of old games and women's sports.
                              Lots of college baseball which is even more boring than MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                Hardly anyone has AAC Network, gonna be a game that most people stream.
                                nope, nobody has the AAC network.

Comment

Hey all! Selling VT-ND tickets if anyone is interested:

Comment

Already headed to that game……my cousin has season VT tickets as well

Comment

Comment

Booo!

Comment

Three straight night games then?
                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

ACC Network? Some BS... more than half the country doesn't have access to that

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                              Three straight night games then?
                                              Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                ACC Network? Some BS... more than half the country doesn't have access to that
                                                looks like i'll be redoing my directv package to include the acc network for one day. not sure why ND-VT isn't on ESPN.

Comment

Did Comcast finally get the ACC Network?

I switched to Hulu a year ago or so because of that and Comcast's crazy prices.
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

How much is Hulu? Also, might need to host another IE stream for this game....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                      How much is Hulu? Also, might need to host another IE stream for this game....
                                                      It ain't cheap like it used to be. We just upgraded to the sports package for NFL RedZone and I believe we pay $65/month now. I do think live tv has a 7 day free trial.

Comment

Anybody from here heading to Blacksburg? I'm gonna ride up from Raleigh with a buddy.

Open to campus site suggestions, cool campus features, and bars & restaurants, etc.

Also, are they a friendly crowd? Should I avoid rockin the Irish gear?
                                                        My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

It ain't cheap like it used to be. We just upgraded to the sports package for NFL RedZone and I believe we pay $65/month now. I do think live tv has a 7 day free trial.
                                                          Jfc........

I just cut the cord, because I bought a house and what they quoted me for cable TV was like $120+ a month on top of $80/month for internet. I thought that my ESPN+ subscription gave me access to live sports on ESPN... nope. And now way too many games are being moved to these offbrand cable networks instead of network television.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                            Did Comcast finally get the ACC Network?

I switched to Hulu a year ago or so because of that and Comcast's crazy prices.
                                                            No, there were rumors right before the season that they were working something out since Xfinity's contract with Disney is up in January 2022, and they typically like to renegotiate these things months in advance, but it sounds like things fell through again. Those two just can't get on the same page.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversat...396f36267ba89e

When ND played Duke on ACCN a couple of years ago (think it was 2019?) I just did a free trial of YoutubeTV and canceled it after the game. I'm sure between all of the streaming services, there's gotta be one out there willing to give free trials to those of us still using cable.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
                                                              Anybody from here heading to Blacksburg? I'm gonna ride up from Raleigh with a buddy.

Open to campus site suggestions, cool campus features, and bars & restaurants, etc.

Never avoid wearing Irish gear.... I've been to plenty of rowdy campuses including Ann Arbor, East Lansing, etc. I would never avoid wearing Irish gear...I just don't give the a-holes the time of day, which usually drives them even more insane than if you retort.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Jfc........

I just cut the cord, because I bought a house and what they quoted me for cable TV was like $120+ a month on top of $80/month for internet. I thought that my ESPN+ subscription gave me access to live sports on ESPN... nope. And now way too many games are being moved to these offbrand cable networks instead of network television.
                                                                Hulu with Live TV is $64.99…….I actually really like it and it also gives you access to a lot more than live TV (movies, shows, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post

I’m headed to the game in Blacksburg…….my cousin lives in Roanoke and has season tickets to the VT games. I also went to the last ND game there and wore my Irish gear, the fans were very friendly and welcoming which I wasn’t totally expecting. I can’t help you on the cool campus stops since we didn’t do any of that (we tailgated with a bunch of VT fans close to the stadium).

Comment

Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

Hulu with Live TV is $64.99…….I actually really like it and it also gives you access to a lot more than live TV (movies, shows, etc.).
                                                                    It just got a little better to when they added some of the other channels.
                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                                        yawn.......

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401013143

Comment

What do you get for this?? NHL/MLB network? A&E and History?? TiA
                                                                          There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

I do Hulu Live + HBO extension and for the time being Red Zone and think it’s great. P-12 network football game only one I’ve not been able to see

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

What do you get for this?? NHL/MLB network? A&E and History?? TiA
                                                                              If you go to the Hulu website, you’ll be able to see the full channel lineup for your local area…….that would be the best place to check it out.

Comment

• #40

If you go to the Hulu website, you’ll be able to see the full channel lineup for your local area…….that would be the best place to check it out.
                                                                                thanks
                                                                                There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  So what they're saying is they can't pack the house unless the Irish visit?

Comment

• #42

So I cut the cord a year ago and looked at all the different options. I went with YouTube TV and have been very happy. I only watch golf and college football but it has just about every sports channel you would want (ACCN, SECN. B1GN. Etc) along with local channels, all the news channels, kids channels, etc. I believe we have 85 channels for $65/month

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I... uh.. enjoyed a few seconds of jumping near the beginning.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Gonna do this again, eh?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Line is a pick em.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                                            Line is a pick em.
                                                                                            Even Vegas has no clue what to make of this team this year.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I think it gets worse before it gets better. If ND doesn’t find an identity there will be some ugly losses and it could start at VT. All bets are off at this point.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                We could see a return to form here, or we could lose out….this team is a mess and @VT is no place for your team to be a mess. We drop this game and hopefully use the bye week to get our shit together before the biggest game on our schedule.
                                                                                                Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Rudy89 View Post
                                                                                                  We could see a return to form here, or we could lose out….this team is a mess and @VT is no place for your team to be a mess. We drop this game and hopefully use the bye week to get our shit together before the biggest game on our schedule.
                                                                                                  with NDs OL being a mess along with the rest of the offense I don't see where on the schedule you get 5 more wins to finish the season at 9-3. we are going to see how much of a difference having drew pyne start the game will have on the offense, still think he gets sacked 5 times vs VT.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post

with NDs OL being a mess along with the rest of the offense I don't see where on the schedule you get 5 more wins to finish the season at 9-3. we are going to see how much of a difference having drew pyne start the game will have on the offense, still think he gets sacked 5 times vs VT.
                                                                                                    I don’t even want 9-3 at this point I just want to beat the condoms, beat Stanford, beat navy, and win the bowl…..beat the big rivals and finish the season with a win, get to the offseason to figure shit the fuck out or factory reset this program.
                                                                                                    Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X