Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct 2 | Cincinnati

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I wonder how much time Tommy and Freeman are spending together talking about Cincy's defense?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dale View Post
      Opened as 2 pt dogs

      Prediction: we close as favorites
      Ain't happening Line up to 3.

      Betting public must really like Cincy or still not think ND is for real.

      Comment




      • SP+ has ND as 0.1 favorites.

        Comment


        • How do you score a tenth of a point?

          Comment


          • It's bad enough stressing over a close ND game... now I have to stress through a close ND *AND* UC game?

            Saturday is going to be terribly wonderful, or wonderfully terrible, if SP+ is right about how close the game should be.

            Of course, it's not factoring in Freeman's unit taking the ball away at a great rate, nor does it account for Mike Denbrock keeping UC's offense bogged down.

            Comment


            • ND being a home dog here is kind of fascinating. I too thought the line would end up a pick em or ND favored slightly by game day. I have to think it's all just about the offensive line stats. The sacks, rushing yards, hurries etc. must be very concerning to an unbiased bettor. Then you have Coan's injury to factor in. Pyne looked good, but he is a "third string" QB (even though he's really not he's 2nd) and it is a small sample size.

              I feel like ND is going to win this game convincingly. ND is +750 to win by 13-18. What do you all think?

              Comment


              • The line is moving now. I'm seeing Cincinnati (-1.5)
                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                  It's bad enough stressing over a close ND game... now I have to stress through a close ND *AND* UC game?

                  Saturday is going to be terribly wonderful, or wonderfully terrible, if SP+ is right about how close the game should be.

                  Of course, it's not factoring in Freeman's unit taking the ball away at a great rate, nor does it account for Mike Denbrock keeping UC's offense bogged down.
                  Pick a team or head over here pal https://bearcatnews.com/forum

                  Comment


                  • I know I'm negative Nancy but I have a bad feeling our luck is running out. As always I hope I'm wrong
                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

                      Ain't happening Line up to 3.

                      Betting public must really like Cincy or still not think ND is for real.
                      M - W isn’t real line movement. It’s usually just books setting different lines and gravitating towards a mean + injury news. Thursday bet limits go up and is the real tell

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                        It's bad enough stressing over a close ND game... now I have to stress through a close ND *AND* UC game?

                        Saturday is going to be terribly wonderful, or wonderfully terrible, if SP+ is right about how close the game should be.

                        Of course, it's not factoring in Freeman's unit taking the ball away at a great rate, nor does it account for Mike Denbrock keeping UC's offense bogged down.
                        Turnover battle probably wins the game

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dale View Post

                          Turnover battle probably wins the game
                          This is basically the only reason I'm not on the Pyne train. Based on practice reports and insider hints, Pyne is more likely to put up a pickable ball than Coan. Coan might end a lot of drives by eating a sack, but he probably plays into our defensive strength a lot better by playing ball security against a team like Cincinnati that thrives on havoc plays.

                          I've begun to have this sneaky suspicion that the coaches wanted Coan to get us to the bye week with steady play, and then they'd evaluate from there a la Wimbush/Book in 2018 and Michigan.

                          Funnier than you in 2012.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

                            This is basically the only reason I'm not on the Pyne train. Based on practice reports and insider hints, Pyne is more likely to put up a pickable ball than Coan. Coan might end a lot of drives by eating a sack, but he probably plays into our defensive strength a lot better by playing ball security against a team like Cincinnati that thrives on havoc plays.

                            I've begun to have this sneaky suspicion that the coaches wanted Coan to get us to the bye week with steady play, and then they'd evaluate from there a la Wimbush/Book in 2018 and Michigan.
                            I'm okay with the odd turnover if the offense is more effective.

                            That said, I was stuck reading a letter from Saint Paul to the Corinthians and the Prayers to the Faithful at a wedding during the second half on Saturday. Haven't seen the kid play and I trust the staff.... other than whoever put together this offensive line lol
                            Based Mullet Kid owns

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                              I'm okay with the odd turnover if the offense is more effective.

                              That said, I was stuck reading a letter from Saint Paul to the Corinthians and the Prayers to the Faithful at a wedding during the second half on Saturday. Haven't seen the kid play and I trust the staff.... other than whoever put together this offensive line lol
                              I'm oddly okay with the occasional turnover too if it means we're hitting balls downfield on occasion and being aggressive. If our defense is being aggressive and making plays it should allow our offense in turn to be a little more open and risky. In theory we're getting more opportunities, hence we can air it out and not worry about just taking the safe throw underneath. If the defense isn't executing, then we have a problem.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

                                I'm oddly okay with the occasional turnover too if it means we're hitting balls downfield on occasion and being aggressive. If our defense is being aggressive and making plays it should allow our offense in turn to be a little more open and risky. In theory we're getting more opportunities, hence we can air it out and not worry about just taking the safe throw underneath. If the defense isn't executing, then we have a problem.
                                That’d be an endorsement of Coan then. Coan ranks in the Top 25 (Top 15 in P5) in aDOT and Big Time Throw %. When he actually throws it it’s deep. I’d be pretty confident Pyne’s playbook would involve shorter stuff in general.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

                                  This is basically the only reason I'm not on the Pyne train. Based on practice reports and insider hints, Pyne is more likely to put up a pickable ball than Coan. Coan might end a lot of drives by eating a sack, but he probably plays into our defensive strength a lot better by playing ball security against a team like Cincinnati that thrives on havoc plays.

                                  I've begun to have this sneaky suspicion that the coaches wanted Coan to get us to the bye week with steady play, and then they'd evaluate from there a la Wimbush/Book in 2018 and Michigan.
                                  Backup QB is always the fans favorite player. lol

                                  There's a reason he is the #3 QB. The coaches see him all the time in practice and he did a great job Saturday, but we don't have a big enough sample size to know how good he really is.

                                  Comment


                                  • Trusting the staff because they see these guys day in and day out makes a lot of sense. However there are those outlier kids that are just gamers and even the coaches are surprised. Pyne might be one. His poise was extraordinary.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                      Backup QB is always the fans favorite player. lol

                                      There's a reason he is the #3 QB. The coaches see him all the time in practice and he did a great job Saturday, but we don't have a big enough sample size to know how good he really is.
                                      Who said that Pyne would be the selection after the bye? Knowing how the coaching staff has dealt with QBs in the past, I don't think it's crazy to think that they quickly determined that Coan would start the season in a few hostile environments in the first 6 games due to his age and experience, and then redetermine what they have at the position after that. I get the feeling the coaches would love it if Buchner started to explode around that time and made their decision easy.
                                      Last edited by greyhammer90; 09-30-2021, 07:13 AM.

                                      Funnier than you in 2012.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

                                        Who said that Pyne would be the selection after the bye? Knowing how the coaching staff has dealt with QBs in the past, I don't think it's crazy to think that they quickly determined that Coan would start the season in a few hostile environments in the first 6 games due to his age and experience, and then redetermine what they have at the position after that. I get the feeling the coaches would love it if Buchner started to explode around that time and made their decision easy.
                                        I've always thought that this season might play out where Coan eventually gives way to Buchner with about three games remaining. That's assuming that Buchner is coming along as anticipated.

                                        Comment


                                        • Looks like rain on Saturday.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                            Looks like rain on Saturday.

                                            Comment


                                            • This will my GF's first time to ND and my first game since 2018 Michigan. Hoping for a similar result. Excitement is through the roof. Here we go.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                This will my GF's first time to ND and my first game since 2018 Michigan. Hoping for a similar result. Excitement is through the roof. Here we go.

                                                Hope you both have a blast! Get loud for us!
                                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                Comment


                                                • Comment


                                                  • Any chance they put Ridder’s quote up on the jumbotron during third downs?

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                                                      Any chance they put Ridder’s quote up on the jumbotron during third downs?
                                                      Its 3rd down. I wouldn't ask the crowd to stop and read.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                        The fact that his pants change without the wand slightly upsets me, whereas the wand magically puts a helmet, pads, and top of the jersey on.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • - Coan ahead of schedule but splitting with Pyne
                                                          - Carmody back, didn’t comment on what that means
                                                          - Hinish out

                                                          Comment


                                                          • I can’t remember what has been the norm but even if they aren’t at practice isn’t it unusual we don’t hear anything from practice? Like I could pull up most 247 team sites and get either actual practice reports or “I’m hearing” type practice reports.

                                                            Comment




                                                            • I'll take that same result, please and thank you.
                                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                                                Looks like rain on Saturday.
                                                                God no....

                                                                Comment


                                                                • https://youtu.be/UG-9bvcDjeU

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • What did Davonte do?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Off memory didn't it rain during that Utah game too??
                                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • weather.com and Accuweather have changed a little and are now calling for possible rain late in the afternoon, so it might hold off.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

                                                                          The fact that his pants change without the wand slightly upsets me, whereas the wand magically puts a helmet, pads, and top of the jersey on.
                                                                          They don't have the magic of a leprechaun to do the whole uniform.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                            - Coan ahead of schedule but splitting with Pyne
                                                                            - Carmody back, didn’t comment on what that means
                                                                            - Hinish out
                                                                            Hinish must have had a pretty decent concussion. I was worried against Wiscy, but the D line came through and Cincy doesn't have the ground attack of the Badgers. We're also a little faster on the line without him, so we should be okay.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                              Off memory didn't it rain during that Utah game too??
                                                                              Na, it was a pretty dry game, good weather. I always talk about how much fun that game was because the normal blue hairs in the gold seats packed it in early and either gave their tickets to younger family members or sold them. Our section had all kinds of unfamiliar faces, and they were young and rowdy. Utah was completely shell shocked, pretty much every stadium that had played in up till that point was half the capacity of Notre Dame. We let them hear it, and they never got off the ground.

                                                                              https://www.wunderground.com/history...ate/2010-11-13

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • The info on Hinish was more to the effect that it isn’t concussion related which is looked at as a positive.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post
                                                                                  The info on Hinish was more to the effect that it isn’t concussion related which is looked at as a positive.
                                                                                  Correct. I heard Prister report as much today on their pod

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

                                                                                    Na, it was a pretty dry game, good weather. I always talk about how much fun that game was because the normal blue hairs in the gold seats packed it in early and either gave their tickets to younger family members or sold them. Our section had all kinds of unfamiliar faces, and they were young and rowdy. Utah was completely shell shocked, pretty much every stadium that had played in up till that point was half the capacity of Notre Dame. We let them hear it, and they never got off the ground.

                                                                                    https://www.wunderground.com/history...ate/2010-11-13
                                                                                    Hmmm,… I remember everyone wearing rain coats on the sidelines etc,… and unis being wet,… I would bet money that game saw rain
                                                                                    This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                    Comment




                                                                                    • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

                                                                                      Hmmm,… I remember everyone wearing rain coats on the sidelines etc,… and unis being wet,… I would bet money that game saw rain
                                                                                      You're correct it did rain

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • My bad, I don't really remember that much rain though, might have been pretty light. It was no 2018 Michigan, that's for sure.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                          My bad, I don't really remember that much rain though, might have been pretty light. It was no 2018 Michigan, that's for sure.
                                                                                          I’m sure in person it hardly sprinkled,… I just remember that one feeling like a ‘rain game’ via tv,… I think I remember attributing a turnover to the rain
                                                                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • So the game plan is to shut down Ritter and let the ND skill players dictate how this thing goes. Is that pretty much what we're looking at?
                                                                                            The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                              weather.com and Accuweather have changed a little and are now calling for possible rain late in the afternoon, so it might hold off.
                                                                                              Too bad. I remember Denbrock calling 30+ passing plays in a fucking hurricane vs. NC State.
                                                                                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post


                                                                                                I'll take that same result, please and thank you.
                                                                                                Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.png

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

                                                                                                  Hmmm,… I remember everyone wearing rain coats on the sidelines etc,… and unis being wet,… I would bet money that game saw rain
                                                                                                  Yea that game was miserable weather but in an awesome way.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Is there a reason why there is so much stir up from the Cincinnati side poking the bear here? Ritter’s quote, defensive player saying “we’re going to show Coach Freeman he shouldn’t have left” and Tony Pike wearing the Fick > Kelly shirt on media bouts. Just seems odd that some of the players, media and fans are that peacockish right now.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by FWIrish4 View Post
                                                                                                      Is there a reason why there is so much stir up from the Cincinnati side poking the bear here? Ritter’s quote, defensive player saying “we’re going to show Coach Freeman he shouldn’t have left” and Tony Pike wearing the Fick > Kelly shirt on media bouts. Just seems odd that some of the players, media and fans are that peacockish right now.
                                                                                                      I hope the Irish use it all for bulletin board material. The Bearcats are awful cocky right now, almost like they don't know how to act like a Top 10 team...like they haven't been there in a minute.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X