No announcement yet.

Oct 2 | Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very disappointing performance, especially from the offense. Obviously, lots of work to do in many areas. We’d better hope they regroup and get ready for next week, it won’t be a cake walk in Blacksburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
      Hyperbole. We have two.
      Do we? Going by 247, we just have Mayer. Obviously, JH is an elite player.
      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by BeatSC View Post
        If we think Pyne is the answer we are kidding ourselves. 9/22 passing won’t do it. It looked like we could have been a run first team today but once again Rees calls another shitty game. Of course Kelly is the best because he has the most wins…….Freeman didn’t impress today.
        But if you start him, you likely don't put him in the big hole where he's passing 22 times in one half.

Yeah, he easily was the answer for today.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
          Piss poor game management. They should’ve been in a two minute drill the entire 4th quarter. This is on the coaching staff.

As far as Cincinnati’s biggest win, this isn’t a good ND team regardless of our ranking. Been skating by this year.

This performance will absolutely cost us in recruiting whether it’s current commits or uncommitted. Just really a shame.
          If only the offensive staff wasn't comprised of the teachers pet, a drinking buddy who is a JAG coach and a guy who can't teach his guys to run routs or catch the damn ball.

Comment

• Kelly’s fault, period. All of it, so mad. Coan 3rd string.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900

I mean what are they seeing in practice??? Pyne should have been QB1 from opening kickoff of the season opener
              Agreed. I mean I can see doing the courtesy of not Wally Pipp'ing Coan by letting him play the 1sr drive, but it was clear WELL before the half that he wasn't going to cut it. What in the hell were they waiting for? Then Pyne comes out dealing in the 2nd half and they pull him for TB. Fucking why? If they were gonna have TB throw, maybe. But just to run another fucking option? Maddening.

Comment

• We definitely could have won this game, which is why it is so frustrating. From the QB, to drops, to play calling, we had plenty of chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Do we? Going by 247, we just have Mayer. Obviously, JH is an elite player.
                  You trolling or did you forget about Kyle Hamilton, future top-10 draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeatSC View Post
                    If we think Pyne is the answer we are kidding ourselves. 9/22 passing won’t do it. It looked like we could have been a run first team today but once again Rees calls another shitty game. Of course Kelly is the best because he has the most wins…….Freeman didn’t impress today.
                    Can someone explain to me why FOSKEY, a pro level pass rusher, is playing coverage? Not dropping into coverage to disguise a blitz, but align as a LB in coverage. ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

+1. They most definitely are not.

We have one really bad position group on this team. And an obvious and embarrassing mishandling of the QB situation. For what looks like a completely unfit offense.
                      Which means that they are better coached and the program is better managed. They aren't more talented....yet, but they are better. They talked trash, came to our house, took it over and handled us easily. Easily.

Comment

• Pyne played his heart out and gave ND a shot, but it’s time for TB to be QB1.

You lost and are not making the playoffs so no reason to not get him, Colzie and Styles all on the field together

Comment

• This scenario ND is in (nepotism hiring) is what caused the reset years ago. Rees and Quinn were not the best available. Moorhead running the offense could’ve been something. Maybe he would have manufactured points like he did with Chase McSorley at PSU. It surely wouldn’t be worse. And the O line technique BLOWS. It’s coaching.
                          Formerly known as Kellyisit

Comment

You trolling or did you forget about Kyle Hamilton, future top-10 draft pick.
                            Yeah, meant KH (not JH). He's an elite player, wasn't an elite recruit.
                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• No they aren’t better! Ten points off two turnovers inside the 20 cost us the game. Coan is garbage and Wisconsin was smarter to get him off their immobile QB list
                              I was smarter when I drank...
                              I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• And, what is the deal with ND ticket holders selling their seats to opposing fans. Who the hell are the people with these tickets that don't give a single shit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                  No they aren’t better! Ten points off two turnovers inside the 20 cost us the game. Coan is garbage and Wisconsin was smarter to get him off their immobile QB list
                                  Agreed, if we play them again, we win. But our coaches didn't put our team in a position to win?

Comment

• Seeing UC fans stating this proves they should have been in the playoffs last year,….

1.) Last years ND team vs last years UC team is not the same game.
                                    2.) They’d better thank ND for taking that ass whopping for them last year bc if they had been curb stomped last year in the playoff instead of us their chances at a playoff this year would be highly impacted
                                    There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                                      This scenario ND is in (nepotism hiring) is what caused the reset years ago. Rees and Quinn were not the best available. Moorhead running the offense could’ve been something. Maybe he would have manufactured points like he did with Chase McSorley at PSU. It surely wouldn’t be worse. And the O line technique BLOWS. It’s coaching.
                                      It’s not the first time either,……..
                                      There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Silver lining is that maybe this win seals the USC job for Fickell.

Comment

• The offense is way better with Pyne in. How could this have not been obvious in practice.

Comment

• Rees was a joke of a hire for a program of our stature. The Alabamas and Gorgias of the world hire former NFL coaches and people proven at doing the job they're being hired for. We get Tommy fucking Rees.

He's a shirt recruiter and a worse OC.

Comment

• I don't really like calling out individual players too much, but there are far too many starters who shouldn't be playing anything more than a backup role.

And I don't even mean at a championship level. Just too many guys are aren't good enough to be even ok.

Think we're stuck with most of them, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                The offense is way better with Pyne in. How could this have not been obvious in practice.
                                                I mean, that’s the frustration with all of this, right! It’s been fairly obvious with what we’ve seen but we’re to believe it looks that much different in practice. It’s a massive coaching failure.

OL included. This is a massive coaching failure that they refuse to get other guys involved. I do not care if they “think” they are better. You have to be accountable for bad performances. Colzie is not better than Austin. But, Austin dropped the damn ball so they pulled him. Now do the OL which is by far a worse unit. Pathetic.

Comment

• BVG, Quin, Coan…Kelly wont make the right moves to be a champion! This will be his story, legacy at ND!

Comment

• I was wondering how the plot to ruin another elite qb recruit would turn out. It is now clear…Kelly will ride the Pyne the next two years and Tyler will transfer.

Kelly is the most overrated coach ever. Two decent wins in 11 years and one of this is without Lawrence and half of their defense.

Not firing him after the four win season was Swarwick’s blunder. Then allowing Kelly to hire more of his buddies was mind boggling .

Either it’s no balls, stupidity, or lack of desire to be elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Yeah, meant KH (not JH). He's an elite player, wasn't an elite recruit.
                                                      He was a 5*

Comment

He was a 5*
                                                        No he wasn't. At least on 247. #60 overall, 4 star. He was our highest rated guy that year though.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                          Rees was a joke of a hire for a program of our stature. The Alabamas and Gorgias of the world hire former NFL coaches and people proven at doing the job they're being hired for. We get Tommy fucking Rees.

He's a shirt recruiter and a worse OC.
                                                          And to think me and a few other posters got dragged for calling the Rees promotion a lazy hire by BK in the offseason. Seriously, what was so controversial about that? All BK did was waddle his fat arse 10 feet down the hallway to Rees' office to promote him. No real search nation-wide or anything. If that's not the definition of a lazy hire, idk what is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number3rockin View Post
                                                            BVG, Quin, Coan…Kelly wont make the right moves to be a champion! This will be his story, legacy at ND!
                                                            I reckon Saban would have already had a phone call with Tom Herman and his removalist truck would be pulling in.

Comment

• Kelly stayed inside his coaching family to promote Rees and Quinn and he hired his friend BVG.

Kelly went outside his coaching family to hire Mike Elko, Clark Lea, Harry Heistand and Marcus Freeman and they all have worked out.

Take from that what you want.

Comment

• People looking to blame everything on the Oline only need to look at that Kevin Austin drop (which possibly cost the game). The Oline looked great on that play, the QB looked great and then the 4th year WR steps up to blow it.

Comment

• This is on the coaching staff.. its their job to put a competent product on the field.. yet here we are again with no defined, capable starter, no running game, no deep threat & a TE with one knee as our go to option.

The play calling is basic & incapable of catching a defense off balance. And yes alot of that has to do with an awful O Line. But Buchner coming in and running every time? Are we seriously doing that?? Am I asking too much to think they should show his arm as a threat at some point?

But all in all before the season started I expected a re build.. but of course I’m die hard & get caught up in any success. Let’s get Pyne & Buchner the reps, throw in the Colzies, Styles etc..

The schedule gets tougher next year as we open @ Ohio St & have Clemson on the docket.

Comment

• Honestly…should be 5-0 regardless of rebuild. Somehow our coach/leaders couldnt see that their qb(w 1 ankle) isnt and hasnt been it!!? How is that possible. U are on the sidelines, looking at coans ghost face thinking hes it! Seriously?! OL coach and a simple qb change and our rebuild is 5-0 and chasing playoff birth. We are still better in “rebuilding” yr than whats on schedule, qb away. But of course, bc of an L, qb chnage will happen…bc of an L!? Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by Number3rockin View Post
                                                                      Honestly…should be 5-0 regardless of rebuild. Somehow our coach/leaders couldnt see that their qb(w 1 ankle) isnt and hasnt been it!!? How is that possible. U are on the sidelines, looking at coans ghost face thinking hes it! Seriously?! OL coach and a simple qb change and our rebuild is 5-0 and chasing playoff birth. We are still better in “rebuilding” yr than whats on schedule, qb away. But of course, bc of an L, qb chnage will happen…bc of an L!? Wow
                                                                      You’re not wrong.. and at this point I’m done seeing the less athletic “veteran” going to the playoffs to get smacked around by Bama. As much as it pains me to compare, that’s the yard stick.

And if we’re going to have 1 shot at beating them or whatever football factory we run into, we need every star in the sky to be aligned.. We have an impressive young group & a top 3 recruiting class coming in.

These guys HAVE to pan out.. it’s that simple. We can’t afford to waste Pyne or Buchner or Styles/Colzie. They need to be legit weapons next year with a healthy, deep O line.

I don’t know… I’m not sure we’re even capable of producing a championship team at this point. Kelly seems to be able to burn every last chunk of coal he has & then we hit the deep 4/5* roster opponents in the playoffs & fall short.

This was a win able game but as far as playoffs go.. we’d be dead men walking. Play the ballers, grow the confidence & hit 2022 with some swag.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                                                        Silver lining is that maybe this win seals the USC job for Fickell.
                                                                        why is that a silver lining?
                                                                        It sounds like a toxic lining.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                                                          Kelly stayed inside his coaching family to promote Rees and Quinn and he hired his friend BVG.

Kelly went outside his coaching family to hire Mike Elko, Clark Lea, Harry Heistand and Marcus Freeman and they all have worked out.

Mike Elston is within his coaching tree and has probably been the most important coach on the staff over the length of Kelly's tenure

Comment

• Originally posted by benneboy View Post

Mike Elston is within his coaching tree and has probably been the most important coach on the staff over the length of Kelly's tenure
                                                                            Elston has been very good here. I'm quite surprised he has stayed this long but I'm happy he has. I do think if you ranked every position coach and coordinator (S&C as well) in Kelly's tenure, you'd find for the most part the best ones were outside his circle. Obviously most of it would be subjective.

Comment

Kelly stayed inside his coaching family to promote Rees and Quinn and he hired his friend BVG.

Freeman I think will be ok here but he has coached in 5 games so far at ND. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.
                                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by benneboy View Post

i would hate to see what this team would be like with out him.

Comment

• Not only did we get beat but it cost 1.2 million dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                                    Not only did we get beat but it cost 1.2 million dollars.
                                                                                    You really went all in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ND88 View Post

You really went all in.
                                                                                      If you are gonna pay that amount of money you better damn site win.

Comment

Freeman was not outside the coaching tree. BK could reference his current CBs coach who is his best friend and BKs long time coordinator who was on staff in Denbrock.

Comment

• Lea also as a LB hire was outside but that was because Elko brought him with so you’re getting a bit of 2 - 1 special there, as a DC hire he was inside the coaching tree

Comment

• It's been funny to see all of these anti-ND, 'fuck BK' Bearcat fans suddenly pivot to "We REALLY need ND to win out! Go Irish!"

I love my Bearcats, but the fan and media collective is driving me insane this week lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                              It's been funny to see all of these anti-ND, 'fuck BK' Bearcat fans suddenly pivot to "We REALLY need ND to win out! Go Irish!"

I love my Bearcats, but the fan and media collective is driving me insane this week lol.
                                                                                              Wait until Bk pulls of his best troll job yet and loses his next three games straight,... that will learn them.
                                                                                              Last edited by ACamp1900; 10-07-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Freeman was not outside the coaching tree. BK could reference his current CBs coach who is his best friend and BKs long time coordinator who was on staff in Denbrock.
                                                                                                I think that’s stretching the definition of an inside hire. At the end of the day I don’t care who he hires or where they come from as long as they are the best guy out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

Wait until Bk pulls of his best roll job yet and loses his next three games straight,... that will learn them.
                                                                                                  F*cking WalrusDragons, man

Comment

• Yeahhh you need to do Dominique Moceanu level mental gymnastics to call Freeman an inside hire. A friend of an employee is not the same thing as hiring the literal best man at your wedding or a guy you’ve known for 30 years or your protege whose dad is also on the staff.

Also I’m not positive but I believe Freeman said in an interview he had never spoken to Kelly before his hiring talks began.

Everyone wanted Freeman. He was the best guy available and it wasn’t close. It was a huge deal when ND stole him from LSU. I don’t remember the fanfare when ND signed Rees or Quinn….
                                                                                                    Formerly known as Kellyisit

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                                      It's been funny to see all of these anti-ND, 'fuck BK' Bearcat fans suddenly pivot to "We REALLY need ND to win out! Go Irish!"

No way, some of those fans were disrespectful, and I saw their WR do that jig in front of the student section at the end.

SCREW UC, TANK THE SEASON!

j/k, I hope we win out.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X