Clear All

• Oct 2 | Cincinnati

AT

Cincinnati Bearcats at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Notre Dame Stadium
    Notre Dame, IN
    October 2, 2021
    2:30 ET
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 04-29-2021, 08:00 PM.

I hope everyone gets their vaccines and the world gets back to normal.

If the stadium is open to capacity, I plan on bringing my Cincy peeps in force to this one.

Comment

I'm hoping to get back for this one. Would love to take my cousin in-law who played DL for them.
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

If the stadium is open to capacity, I plan on bringing my Cincy peeps in force to this one.
        As long as you guys sit in the cincy fan section and not taking ND fans seats

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

As long as you guys sit in the cincy fan section and not taking ND fans seats
          I should clarify “bringing them in force” means “bringing my dad, grandpa, father in law and brother in law, all UC fans, so they can see the glory of Notre Dame stadium before the Irish stomp the hell out of my beloved Bearcats.”

Irish are always first, at least in football.

Comment

I hope they make this a night game

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
              I hope they make this a night game
              It very well could be. There are a bunch of good options for home night games...SC, North Carolina, Cinci plus you have to assume Wisconsin will be one as well. Not sure what rules NBC has for night games anymore.

Comment

Doesn't NBC do two night games now? I would assume usc and Wisconsin would be the games

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

ulukinatme We’re getting the band back together for this one. IE Tailgate crew, assemble!

Comment

Originally posted by arndtjc View Post

ulukinatme We’re getting the band back together for this one. IE Tailgate crew, assemble!
                    Excuse the formatting, site isn't behaving on my device. Lets make it happen!

Some Irish Bloke
                    IrishLion
                    condoms SUCk

Irish#1

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Excuse the formatting, site isn't behaving on my device. Lets make it happen!

Some Irish Bloke
                      IrishLion
                      condoms SUCk

Irish#1
                      Just now seeing this, finally got around to checking the "notifications" tab. For a Millennial, I'm not the most tech savvy haha.

You fellas know I'm down; I have this one earmarked for priority IF tickets go on public sale.
                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

I like this guy's previews.

The link is cutting off and not going to the Cincinnati preview? What gives?
                        Last edited by zelezo vlk; 08-06-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

This guy is super high on the Bearcats.

Comment

He seems to do a decent job, but he seems super high on the entire G5. Enthusiast is an understatement.

I guess you can make an argument that the trip to SB is "winnable" as he calls it, but he doesn't really make any mention of how good ND has been/should be, our home winning streak, etc. It was just a fluff piece, IMO.

Cincy is going to be damn good. But they've got their work cut out for them in SB.

Comment

G5-brand glue.

Comment

I think this game could go either way, having Freeman on ND's sideline will be a factor.

Comment

Going to this game. Extremely excited
                                  God Country Notre Dame
                                  http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Freeman > Denbrock

And that's what the game will come down to.

UC's defense will give ND some issues, and Desmond Ridderer will make some plays on 3rd down that will cause us all to pull some hair out, but in the end, it will come down to Mike Denbrock not doing enough to open up UC's offense, and Freeman scheming Ridder into mistakes after halftime adjustments.

Comment

I can see cincy getting tripped up in their game before at IU

Comment

I can see cincy getting tripped up in their game before at IU

Comment

one for the bulletin board
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

one for the bulletin board
                                            Yep. Hang that in Lenzy and Austin's lockers.

Comment

How is this "billboard material"?

Comment

I thought they were Cats

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                  I thought they were Cats

If I just glanced at that I would have assumed it was Georgia.

Comment

Question: Can a bearcat be accurately described as a "dawg"?

Objection: It seems their bearcat mascot began as a play-on-words of FB Teddy Baehr's surname in 1914. Early iterations were definitely ursine, and bears are caniforms, so the moniker of "dawg" may be appropriate.

On the contrary, actual bearcats, which are more accurately described as "smelly tree weasels", are feliforms which are not dog-like.

I respond that all modern iterations of UC's bearcat mascot are clearly feline, and have been for the last 70 years, so UC football players cannot be described as "dawgs".

QED.

Comment

The Doctor has spoken

Comment

Sauce Gardner? Dawg!

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                          I thought they were Cats

I thought they were Bears?
                                                          It's Just a Ride.

Comment

First game to be announced as a sellout, although there are some tickets available as part of a three game package. Why would Cincy move quicker than USC? Tickets are cheaper...more opponent fans buying may be a factor as well. Pretty easy road trip for them.

Comment

I was ticked. It’s the only weekend me and family can go and they were sold out. I even got into the queue before 6:00 pm. If anyone is looking to sell, I need 4. Thanks in advance!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                First game to be announced as a sellout, although there are some tickets available as part of a three game package. Why would Cincy move quicker than USC? Tickets are cheaper...more opponent fans buying may be a factor as well. Pretty easy road trip for them.
                                                                Tyler James shared a tweet about this; it's likely because it was a tier down price-wise from both USC and UNC., yet is likely to be a top 10 match-up. . Cincy is the highest ranked pre-season opponent on our schedule according to the AP.

I'm sure Cincy fans will travel well, but I highly doubt they have a following like UGA and can "take over" the stadium. I know plenty of ND fans that had this game high on their priority list, including myself.

Comment

In addition to all the points above, ND allotted 6,000 tickets in the upper deck specifically for the class of 2020. These tickets were sold even before the monogram window was open. This probably added to the haste of the sellout. I'll be going, and I know a ton of other people from my class who will as well. It's pretty nice of ND to set that up, I'm going to be seeing a ton of people for the first time since the pandemic hit.

Comment

I assume buying tickets outside of the stadium before the game is a thing of the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

In addition to all the points above, ND allotted 6,000 tickets in the upper deck specifically for the class of 2020. These tickets were sold even before the monogram window was open. This probably added to the haste of the sellout. I'll be going, and I know a ton of other people from my class who will as well. It's pretty nice of ND to set that up, I'm going to be seeing a ton of people for the first time since the pandemic hit.
                                                                      great to hear, seems like 90% of the things I read on message boards about the ND admin are negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

That's awesome! Enjoy the game and seeing your classmates.

I hope the spread is contained and the current plan to allow open tailgating remains in effect. I am looking forward to a full gameday experience for the Toledo game

Comment

I assume buying tickets outside of the stadium before the game is a thing of the past?
                                                                          I don't think that's necessarily true; tickets are 100% mobile now but that doesn't mean scalpers won't be trying to sell you said mobile tickets.

I've had a lot of success buying tickets on the walk to the stadium about an hour before the game. I'd just be careful that you know for certain the tickets are legitimate; you might want to ask them to verify with their stubhub/vivid seats/seat geak etc. account history

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                            He seems to do a decent job, but he seems super high on the entire G5. Enthusiast is an understatement.

I guess you can make an argument that the trip to SB is "winnable" as he calls it, but he doesn't really make any mention of how good ND has been/should be, our home winning streak, etc. It was just a fluff piece, IMO.

Cincy is going to be damn good. But they've got their work cut out for them in SB.
                                                                            On a scale of 0 to Mike Gibson (Temple football dude on https://templefootballforever.wordpress.com/ that swore Temple would upset the Irish each time we played them) how would you rate this Cinci guy?

This game is certainly winnable for them, I just enjoy it when people start getting heavy into the Kool Aide.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Can't wait till one loss Chilli Tech rolls into South Bend to collect their second L.

That's right, I said it!

Go Skins!

Love & Honor!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Desmond Ridder is gonna be a major headache to play against.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Suddenly looking like the best team on our schedule.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Gonna wait and hold judgement until they play someone decent

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Calling all IE'ers!
                                                                                      I'll be in South Bend as expected for this one. The family got a Joyce lot parking pass and should get there early for a good tailgating spot. We're not cooking out, but should have snacks and beer/drinks if anyone wants to stop by.

Expect to see condoms SUCk and arndtjc there at some point, we've tailgated in the past. Might be a few others. If anyone plans to be at the game and wants in on a group chat and stopping by for some beer send me a PM and I'll coordinate. We had a lot of fun when we did it for the Louisville game in 2019 and the group is still going strong.

[EDIT] Well, scratch this possibly. We may not be going now due to a family issue. I'll update when I know more.
                                                                                      Last edited by ulukinatme; 09-25-2021, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I have a hotel but still looking for tickets. I will be there at all cost

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by dang227 View Post
                                                                                          I have a hotel but still looking for tickets. I will be there at all cost

https://und.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...=ev_notre-dame

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                            Calling all IE'ers!
                                                                                            I'll be in South Bend as expected for this one. The family got a Joyce lot parking pass and should get there early for a good tailgating spot. We're not cooking out, but should have snacks and beer/drinks if anyone wants to stop by.

Expect to see condoms SUCk and arndtjc there at some point, we've tailgated in the past. Might be a few others. If anyone plans to be at the game and wants in on a group chat and stopping by for some beer send me a PM and I'll coordinate. We had a lot of fun when we did it for the Louisville game in 2019 and the group is still going strong.

Bring Jameson :)

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Suddenly looking like the best team on our schedule.
                                                                                              Always been one of the best,… it’ll be a battle
                                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Freeman will have them frothing at the mouth.
                                                                                                Can't lose to your old team.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Opened as 2 pt dogs

Prediction: we close as favorites

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                                                    Opened as 2 pt dogs

Prediction: we close as favorites
                                                                                                    I just can't get a grip on the concept that Cincinnati actually has better players than we do. Or better coaches.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X