Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sept 25 | Wisconsin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone know of a bar opening early in downtown Chicago for pregame festivities? Landing at Midway about 730, so my time to down enough Jameson to get me right will be extremely limited

    Comment


    • Wiscy beat writer isn’t too high on Mertz. Mentioned he was decent on the short game, but too erratic medium or long. Stop the run and force the pass.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dale View Post
        I think ND’s run stopping performance will look a bit different than PSU. PSU’s DL is average and their LBs and S Brisker are good. That’s why in that game and Auburn you saw a lot of 3,4, 5 yard runs but not 8, 10, 15. ND has a high stuff rate, as led by our DL. The #s say we do give up second level chunks though, as seen in the missed tackles. Wisconsin won’t be able to Navy-like, as Kelly alluded to, march 3-4 yards if we can stuff first down and at least not give up a chunk on second. Melusi runs hard though so priority will be tackling for sure. If they can sure that up I like our chances to call their offense poor

        Comment


        • Originally posted by arndtjc View Post



          Depth chart here, unavailable list won’t be available until about an hour and a half before kickoff
          Thanks much!

          Comment


          • O'Malley said he hasn't been able to confirm anything.

            Comment


            • So assuming Hinish is out, will we surely see mostly 4 down linemen?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tko View Post
                So assuming Hinish is out, will we surely see mostly 4 down linemen?
                I hope so.

                Comment


                • Kelly said there will always be guys that are questionable during the week. Don't rule anyone out unless they say as much. Said he'll be clear if someone is not available.

                  Comment


                  • Carmody is also a game time decision. Said he got reps yesterday but too early to tell.

                    Comment


                    • Botelho expected to have a larger workload on defense this weekend.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        Kelly said there will always be guys that are questionable during the week. Don't rule anyone out unless they say as much. Said he'll be clear if someone is not available.
                        Wasn't with C'Bo, Diggs and Kollie, right? My first thought is coach speak for no, but yeah
                        My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by arndtjc View Post
                          Anyone know of a bar opening early in downtown Chicago for pregame festivities? Landing at Midway about 730, so my time to down enough Jameson to get me right will be extremely limited
                          If you want to stay close to the stadium, your best bet is probably Krolls, which is just north of 18th street on Michigan Ave. You can take the orange line from Midway to South loop but you would have to transfer or walk a bit once you're in the south loop so you're probably better off taking an uber. It's about a 15 minute walk from Krolls to the stadium - walk down 18th street, take the bridge over Lake Shore and you're right by the Stadium.

                          I heard that Wiscy may have something set up there so that may be an issue if you have too much Jameson.

                          The other option is a little further north in Printers row. Kasey's tavern and First Draft are a little north of the stadium but still within walking distance. I'm guessing they'd be open but you may want to call them to make sure. It's probably a little less than 30 minutes to walk from the bar to the stadium.

                          I believe The Kerryman is the closest "ND" bar and that's just north of the loop and probably not within walkikng distance of the stadium unless you're a total lunatic.

                          Don't look like a tourist if you take the train. The Roosevelt stop, which is probably where you'd get off to go to the bars/stadium is a transportation hub in the south loop and I'm sure there will be plenty of petty thieves out looking to pick pocket unsuspecting fans. Headphones off and be alert. Sincerely, Mom.
                          Last edited by Wild Bill ; 09-23-2021, 12:27 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post

                            Wasn't with C'Bo, Diggs and Kollie, right? My first thought is coach speak for no, but yeah
                            Because C'Bo Diggs Kollie and Bothelo were COVID and they wont say peep about them.

                            He specifically mentioned a possible lingering injury from Purdue for Hinish that will be a gametime decision.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IrishBoognish View Post

                              Because C'Bo Diggs Kollie and Bothelo were COVID and they wont say peep about them.

                              He specifically mentioned a possible lingering injury from Purdue for Hinish that will be a gametime decision.
                              Pretty sure C’Bo didn’t have COVID

                              He did not say Hinish had a lingering Purdue injury. He said each week guys have lingering issues. It was a pretty classic non-answer

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

                                Yes. We have the better coached and more talented team, top to bottom. The uncertainty of our OL definitely creates an opening (lol) for the Badger defense to stifle our attack, but this feels like another game where everyone picks against us, we win and still get no credit for it somehow.
                                I can see this. Penn State is overrated every year also. They get exposed eventually. Or maybe both Penn State and Wisconsin are actually good this year, and we are a year behind.

                                Comment


                                • Gotcha. Thanks for filling in the gap, fellas. Couldn't tune in, just going off what I saw on Twitter. Good to know he's got a shot at suiting up.
                                  My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Dale View Post

                                    Pretty sure C’Bo didn’t have COVID

                                    He did not say Hinish had a lingering Purdue injury. He said each week guys have lingering issues. It was a pretty classic non-answer
                                    He did not.

                                    Comment


                                    • I thought it was well known C'Bo was probably an internal disciplinary issue from his offseason issue.

                                      Comment


                                      • Last week Bothelo, this week Hinish.

                                        Another week of what we do know is that we don't know. I wonder who it will be next week?

                                        Last edited by Irish#1; 09-23-2021, 01:29 PM.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                          Last week Bothelo, this week Hinish.

                                          Another week of what we do know is that we don't know. I wonder who it will be next week?
                                          Kelly owes you what exactly? Yeah it would be great to know what players will/can play, but I doubt ND gives a shit what we think

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by SoIll View Post

                                            Kelly owes you what exactly? Yeah it would be great to know what players will/can play, but I doubt ND gives a shit what we think
                                            True, Kelly owes the fans nothing in this regard. Owes probably even less than he provides.

                                            But no team has as many outlets and beat reporters covering it as ND does. And you watch: post game write ups and early week podcasts will circle back to the fact that the beat knew someone was going to be unavailable but didn’t report it. Not until they get their last 1:1 availability with a player or Swarbrick or a player’s family. Crazy how the services can get whispers “out of the Gug” about some 2 star nobody from North Dakota in the middle of February, they always have sources for that stuff and they print it. But when it comes to actual scoops their readership might care about, not a peep.

                                            Comment


                                            • O'Malley caught this. TE depth chart for Wisconsin game.

                                              Tight End
                                              87 Michael Mayer
                                              85 George Takacs
                                              88 Mitchell Evans
                                              OR 45 Joe Alt

                                              He said it used to stop at Takacs. Expect lots of TE's in the game, lol.

                                              Comment


                                              • Bauman was on the initial depth chart so it’s been WK 2 - 3 without more

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  O'Malley caught this. TE depth chart for Wisconsin game.

                                                  Tight End
                                                  87 Michael Mayer
                                                  85 George Takacs
                                                  88 Mitchell Evans
                                                  OR 45 Joe Alt

                                                  He said it used to stop at Takacs. Expect lots of TE's in the game, lol.
                                                  I'm kind of hoping they do the opposite and spread Wisconsin out.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

                                                    I'm kind of hoping they do the opposite and spread Wisconsin out.
                                                    Same. ND's receivers > Wiscy's secondary. I'm not sure it's even close. If, by some miracle, they can keep some pressure off coan, they may be able to score some points and keep wiscy from running the ball 180 times against a Hinishless (maybe) defense.
                                                    Last edited by Wild Bill ; 09-23-2021, 11:28 PM.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • From CBS Sports Six Pack article:

                                                      “The Badgers have averaged 1.61 points per possession through two games, which ranks 90th nationally. A lack of explosive plays is the primary reason. Wisconsin has only three plays of 20 yards or more, making it difficult to score consistently. While the Irish haven't been amazing, they've been much better offensively and solid defensively.”

                                                      Comment


                                                      • I feel like this game could end up being something like the 2013 MSU game. Shots to the outside keep a few drives alive and the defense prevents their anemic offense from doing anything.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by SoIll View Post

                                                          Kelly owes you what exactly? Yeah it would be great to know what players will/can play, but I doubt ND gives a shit what we think
                                                          Lol……Kelly doesn’t owe me a thing, but you missed my point. just that for two weeks in a row we had a players availability up in the air until close to the last moment. The lack of intel just led to a lot of questions.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                            Lol……Kelly doesn’t owe me a thing, but you missed my point. just that for two weeks in a row we had a players availability up in the air until close to the last moment. The lack of intel just led to a lot of questions.
                                                            If we don't know then wisconsin doesn't know

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

                                                              If we don't know then wisconsin doesn't know
                                                              Know what?

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                I feel like this game could end up being something like the 2013 MSU game. Shots to the outside keep a few drives alive and the defense prevents their anemic offense from doing anything.
                                                                I would love to see this game play out like the 2012 Oklahoma game.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by Irishcop View Post

                                                                  I would love to see this game play out like the 2012 Oklahoma game.
                                                                  I was thinking exactly the same thing

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                    I feel like this game could end up being something like the 2013 MSU game. Shots to the outside keep a few drives alive and the defense prevents their anemic offense from doing anything.
                                                                    Hopefully we have the same refs, there were like a baker's dozen PI calls lol
                                                                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by CHIDomer9 View Post

                                                                      True, Kelly owes the fans nothing in this regard. Owes probably even less than he provides.

                                                                      But no team has as many outlets and beat reporters covering it as ND does. And you watch: post game write ups and early week podcasts will circle back to the fact that the beat knew someone was going to be unavailable but didn’t report it. Not until they get their last 1:1 availability with a player or Swarbrick or a player’s family. Crazy how the services can get whispers “out of the Gug” about some 2 star nobody from North Dakota in the middle of February, they always have sources for that stuff and they print it. But when it comes to actual scoops their readership might care about, not a peep.
                                                                      I would say this is something your beat doesn't leak because ND doesn't want it leak. It would be potentially detrimental to the team to let Wisconsin know about your NT being out early during game week.

                                                                      It's also completely inaccurate, I think, to suggest that the beat only gets news no one cares about. They get plenty of big time scoops that keep us all engaged, clearly.
                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Wiscy is now a 6 1/2 point favorite. They know something about KH?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                          Wiscy is now a 6 1/2 point favorite. They know something about KH?
                                                                          Love Kurt but saying KH when we have Kyle Hamilton was dangerous lol

                                                                          Its been touching 6.5

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • ND going to throw that mug 50 times.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                              ND going to throw that mug 50 times.
                                                                              This is our best path to victory, IM(humble)O, but I doubt CBK and CTR are going to do that, and that's my biggest concern. Stubbornly running into a brick wall that is their front 7 and then getting sacked when we try to go play action because Wiscy doesn't respect our running game and they blow by the fake.

                                                                              Spread em out and torch em. Please
                                                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • SIAP but has there been any news about Tyler's hamstring? Is he full on go for the weekend?

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by NDohio View Post
                                                                                  SIAP but has there been any news about Tyler's hamstring? Is he full on go for the weekend?
                                                                                  Yeah sounds like he is good to go, we'll see him on Saturday.
                                                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by Dale View Post

                                                                                    Love Kurt but saying KH when we have Kyle Hamilton was dangerous lol

                                                                                    Its been touching 6.5
                                                                                    lol

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                                      ND going to throw that mug 50 times.
                                                                                      yeah folks on II comparing it to the game plans in both games versus Georgia, forget about trying to have a balanced offense or running the ball, just sling it
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • We need the NC State hurricane weather gameplan...

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by NDohio View Post
                                                                                          SIAP but has there been any news about Tyler's hamstring? Is he full on go for the weekend?
                                                                                          The fact that it wasn't brought up makes me think that he successfully got through his rehab this week and is good to go.
                                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • I know everyone has been asking...

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                              I know everyone has been asking...

                                                                                              Lol my family knows Fr. Nate well. He was one of the co-celebrants at my sister’s wedding and was at my parent’s church in SB for a while. He’s a super nice guy.
                                                                                              I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

                                                                                              Comment




                                                                                              • Prister says concussion protocol.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post


                                                                                                  Prister says concussion protocol.

                                                                                                  That sucks. He's exactly the type of guy you need inside against a team like them.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Honestly, this is just bad period because Kurt has been a force all season.

                                                                                                    Time to show we have depth though. The rest of the members of the DL will need to step up.
                                                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Two man front now.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X