• Sept 25 | Wisconsin

vs

Wisconsin Badgers vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Soldier Field
    Chicago, IL
    September 25, 2021
    Noon ET
    FOX
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 05-27-2021, 01:41 PM.

First ND game in a LONG time I won't be watching live. Getting married to the future Mrs. Leppy that day. Obviously it wasn't my first choice, but venue options were very tight based on 2020 weddings that got pushed to 2021. For the place we wanted, there were two options: 9/25 and 9/11...and I just didn't like the idea of getting married on 9/11.
    The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
      First ND game in a LONG time I won't be watching live. Getting married to the future Mrs. Leppy that day. Obviously it wasn't my first choice, but venue options were very tight based on 2020 weddings that got pushed to 2021. For the place we wanted, there were two options: 9/25 and 9/11...and I just didn't like the idea of getting married on 9/11.
      I hear 2022 spring is supposed to be lovely. You never get married in the fall!

In all seriousness, congrats!

Comment

I just didn't like the idea of getting married on 9/11.
        I mean, you wouldn’t ever forget your anniversary...

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

I hear 2022 spring is supposed to be lovely. You never get married in the fall!

In all seriousness, congrats!
          Thanks. Believe me...the last thing in life I want to do is go to any wedding in the fall, but I waved the white flag on this one. I pushed for this summer, but she doesn't want to be in a wedding dress when it's 95 degrees and I get that.

Comment

Notre Dame is a n early 4 point underdog on FanDuel. Might take that bet. I'm more confidant that ND beats Wisconsin than that they beat Florida State... and I'm sure this hot take will age well.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
              Notre Dame is a n early 4 point underdog on FanDuel. Might take that bet. I'm more confidant that ND beats Wisconsin than that they beat Florida State... and I'm sure this hot take will age well.
              I'm with you for the most part, think FSU may fall apart again this year though. A few Wisconsin fans I've talked to think that Mertz is significantly worse than Coan and are not too optimistic about the game (rare for that fanbase)

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                Unfortunately it is not on DraftKings yet. I will take that - easy.
                "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

It was either an ISD or II podcast that mentioned that the Sconny game would be the only one where the DL isn't at a significant advantage over the opposing OL. The offense is key to this game; Jim Leonard is one of the best DCs in CFB and he'll be ready for Coan & Rees. Gotta hit Mayer down the seam and hopefully feed Kevin Austin to keep enough helmets out of the box for Kyren + Tyree. It'd be even better if those two are good enough to motion wide.

Comment

Extremely Wisconsin bullish lines. Very interesting because I don’t think that’s a strong sentiment that I have felt this off-season. They’re favored by 9.5 over Michigan and 13 over Nebraska for point of reference

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                      It was either an ISD or II podcast that mentioned that the Sconny game would be the only one where the DL isn't at a significant advantage over the opposing OL. The offense is key to this game; Jim Leonard is one of the best DCs in CFB and he'll be ready for Coan & Rees. Gotta hit Mayer down the seam and hopefully feed Kevin Austin to keep enough helmets out of the box for Kyren + Tyree. It'd be even better if those two are good enough to motion wide.
                      The fun thing and the not fun thing about playing Wisconsin is the same thing....they don't have the talent ND does.

If ND's playmakers play the way they should, Notre Dame should win.

Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                        Extremely Wisconsin bullish lines. Very interesting because I don’t think that’s a strong sentiment that I have felt this off-season. They’re favored by 9.5 over Michigan and 13 over Nebraska for point of reference
                        pretty easy for a few bettors to move early lines like this. Nobody's actually ranking them ahead of us from what I've seen

Comment

Just saw a quick article that this game is going to get rescheduled. No reason why and no date shared, but looks like it might push to 2022 season sometime.
                          I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                            Just saw a quick article that this game is going to get rescheduled. No reason why and no date shared, but looks like it might push to 2022 season sometime.
                            I think the game that's being rescheduled is the one we were supposed to have at Lambeau Field this past year that got postponed due to Covid. This years game at Soldier Field is still on.
                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Per Athlon's Preseason All B1G: https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...onference-team

1st Team O: TE Jake Ferguson, Wisconsin
                              1st Team D: LB Jack Sanborn, Wisconsin

Extremely eye-raising that Wisconsin only has 1 OL in the first 3 teams. They do have a 2nd team RB

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I think the game that's being rescheduled is the one we were supposed to have at Lambeau Field this past year that got postponed due to Covid. This years game at Soldier Field is still on.
                                Ah got it, thanks.
                                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

yuck

Comment

Surprised it isn't a night game. I'll be driving into Chicago Friday afternoon

Comment

11AM is dang early for this kinda game. Who else is even playing that weekend?

Comment

12pm est is never a good time for a ND game

Comment

At first glance there aren't many attractive matchups that weekend, probably why Fox chose this one as their game of the week.

Comment

Probably better this way...don't wanna have a beat down broadcast in prime time.

Comment

B1G is big on the 11:00 and 12:00 games. Since it's a home game for Wiscy, I would assume they wanted this to get as much of an advantage as possible.

Comment

Gotta tell the priest our wedding ceremony has to get pushed from 2:30 to 3:30

Comment

Planning a fall wedding that's not during bye week, smh

Comment

CST = the poor man's timezone
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

You're as foolish as our oldest son. Told this one before, but worth repeating IMO. Oldest son gets married the same night ND & USC were playing the Bush Push game. We're all in the basement of the hall watching the game. After several upset ladies came down to get us, we went upstairs for the ceremony. After the "I do's"s and as soon as they walked back down the aisle, we all scurried back to the TV to watch the rest of it. Needless to say there were several people who couldn't comprehend how important ND football is. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

You're as foolish as our oldest son. Told this one before, but worth repeating IMO. Oldest son gets married the same night ND & USC were playing the Bush Push game. We're all in the basement of the hall watching the game. After several upset ladies came down to get us, we went upstairs for the ceremony. After the "I do's"s and as soon as they walked back down the aisle, we all scurried back to the TV to watch the rest of it. Needless to say there were several people who couldn't comprehend how important ND football is. lol
                                                        Options were SEVERELY limited this year due to all the 2020 weddings that got postponed to 2021. And...I don't expect ND to have a season that's worth getting upset over a loss in September to Wiscy

Comment

Options were SEVERELY limited this year due to all the 2020 weddings that got postponed to 2021. And...I don't expect ND to have a season that's worth getting upset over a loss in September to Wiscy
                                                          Tier 2 fan right here

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                            CST = the poor man's timezone
                                                            CST or MST are superior for sports viewing. EST is trash
                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Fox always has their big game around noon I feel like. Not sure of the reasoning. If they really wanted to take rating away, this seems like a good to do so.

But at least we aren't acting like Oklahoma right now. This just popped up on my timeline. How are you going to pout when you're playing a team that hasnt been relevant since Suh was playing there.

Comment

Comment

I didn't know they were actually calling this the Shamrock Series

Comment

Did they switch the home field assignments. This will be the first Shamrock game where ND's the visitor otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Did they switch the home field assignments. This will be the first Shamrock game where ND's the visitor otherwise.
                                                                      I don't believe they did. ND will be the home team when they play in GB.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

That would be the first I've heard of it

Comment

From the link on the tweet

Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series takes the Irish gameday experience on the road, with events for fans, alumni and friends of the University. More information regarding these events and ticketing will be released in the leadup to the game.

Comment

Same. I think that's the 1st reference to it being a Shamrock game that they've put out.

Comment

• #39

Comment

• #40

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  They're getting hyped for this, new uniforms and all. I expect they pull out all the stops.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Tickets are purchased. See ya'll in Chicago.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                      Tickets are purchased. See ya'll in Chicago.
                                                                                      Where'd you get them from?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Where'd you get them from?
                                                                                        I'm a season ticket holder so I gave the ticket office a call

Comment

• #45

I'm a season ticket holder so I gave the ticket office a call
                                                                                          Gotcha. Is there a limit on how many you can buy?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Gotcha. Is there a limit on how many you can buy?
                                                                                            4 is the maximum

Comment

• #47

4 is the maximum
                                                                                              Thanks, I think I'm going to have a group of 8 or so that wants to go to this one so I'll have to figure something out.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Looking for a single ticket for this one, as close to face as possible. If anyone can help out, I’d greatly appreciate it, and buy you a beer or three at the game

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...erts-suspended

MADISON, Wis. -- Wisconsin has dismissed freshman running back Loyal Crawford from the team after police said he armed himself with a knife during a fight in a dorm.

Badgers coach Paul Chryst announced the dismissal on Tuesday and said freshman running back Antwan Roberts had been suspended.

University of Wisconsin police spokesman Marc Lovicott said the 18-year-old Crawford was cited on misdemeanor charges of criminal disorderly conduct and disorderly conduct while armed.
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by arndtjc View Post
                                                                                                    Looking for a single ticket for this one, as close to face as possible. If anyone can help out, I’d greatly appreciate it, and buy you a beer or three at the game
                                                                                                    Bumping this again as we get closer to game week. Still just looking for a single ticket. I’m house trained and plays nice with others

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X