Clear All

• Sept 11 | Toledo

AT

Toledo Rockets at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Notre Dame Stadium
    Notre Dame, IN
    September 11, 2021
    2:30 ET
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-05-2021, 12:01 PM.

Hoping to be there if fans are allowed back.

Comment

https://theoutsidezone.substack.com/...jZh1oDxVuV9XOM

Good breakdown of Toledo.

Comment

That is probably the best write up Ive seen on Toledo since the internet became a thing. I dont put much stock in 2020, but we were 3 minutes and a few points from 6-0. A league which ended with 2 ranked squads. If you run it will and Toledo cant become more efficient offensively on the ground, ND will roll. Not many P5 teams have whooped on Toledo in a 45-17 fashion though (as some on this board have said), so although thats a common prediction for a top 20 team vs. a hopefull MAC squad, Id disagree.

Toledos Oline and Dline are top 50 in the country so the trench play will be key seeing ND is breaking in a lot of new guys at those positions. The QB play will be strong but still probably not top 2 in the league as 2 of the top QBs in the nation play for Kent and WMU respectively. Carter Bradly to the contrary of the article has an absolute weapon. His dad was the JAGS old head coach and currently the DC for the Raiders. Throwing touch and not strength would be his issue if he got the nod. His completion percentage suffered from rockets 9 yards down field the wideouts couldnt handle more often than not. Our other presumable 1 or 2 was Mr. Football in Michigan in 2018 but hasnt seen the field much yet. Recruiting has been decent during Candles era, between 60th and 80th in the country, always touting a top 10 G5 class.

I think Toledo can competr based on the schedule with a FCS team to open and ND getting a short week and FSU before coming home. The line will be around 17, and that sounds right. The Rockets are 1-0 vs. Penn State and Michigan, so this one would be huge for UT... OBVIOUSLY.

I hope we travel well. We sold out quickly of the alotment yall gave us. Cannot wait!

Comment

Welcome to the board! Thanks for your thoughts on your team. Looks like this may be a competitive game. We hope you enjoy your time on campus. It’s an amazing experience!
          Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Welcome Mr Rocket!

A lil MACtion is always welcome here at IE.

Signed,

Former Miami Redskin

Comment

Isn’t Toledo returning 22 starters? I, for one, am not expecting a 45-17 victory for the Irish. Probably the best MAC team on paper that ND will have faced.

Comment

Thanks for your insight. Please stick around and consider adopting another team to follow when not playing your Rockets.

Comment

Wonderful first post!

Comment

Welcome UofToledo! Sounds like UT is returning a lot of experience from a strong 2020 squad, makes me a little more nervous about our short 6 day turnaround from Tallahassee.

I'm curious what they were thinking when they threw together this 2021 schedule. In 2019, when we played L'ville on Labor Day, we had a bye week ahead of New Mexico and rolled.
                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Good to hear Toledo will come to play. First game at ND with the full family since Miami 2016. Home opener after the pandemic season should be refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                        Isn’t Toledo returning 22 starters? I, for one, am not expecting a 45-17 victory for the Irish. Probably the best MAC team on paper that ND will have faced.
                        Sort of. We lost our half of our last season starting QB, but he traded off drives with Bradley in 2020. The EMU game showed just how easy of a transition both QBs made. The same thing happened in 2019 with a suspension of the old guy. The article about returning production came out in Late April before the news broke that Peters has retired from fb. He will be on staff as a grad assistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Uoftoledofans View Post

Sort of. We lost our half of our last season starting QB, but he traded off drives with Bradley in 2020. The EMU game showed just how easy of a transition both QBs made. The same thing happened in 2019 with a suspension of the old guy. The article about returning production came out in Late April before the news broke that Peters has retired from fb. He will be on staff as a grad assistent.
                          Right, I should’ve clarified. I meant 22 players who had started last year…not that they didn’t time share with other starters. ND had a similar situation last year with their OL. Technically, they were all returning starters but that doesn’t mean they were the only five starters on the OL the entire season.

Comment

well here comes the future
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

BOOOOOOO

Comment

Guess I'm not watching that.

Comment

All home games going to be streamed on Peacock?

EDIT: wait, there's a free version of Peacock? So we good then?

Comment

Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post

yes should be available for "free" if you dont consider the cost of providing all your personal information :D
                                    Prehistoric

Comment

I believe only the Toledo game is on peacock all other home games will be on NBC.

not sure why NBC isn't broadcasting the game, what else would they show other than the ND game....soccer?

Comment

the Toledo game is subscription required
                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

yes should be available for "free" if you dont consider the cost of providing all your personal information :D

Pete Sampson says via Twitter that a Peacock subscription WILL be required.

The spring game was a free stream. This will not be.

Comment

My extremely hot take:

I don't hate it, and have been prepared for this for like two years.

If ND is going to continue to be independent, pushing their own content and streaming games exclusively is the logical next step. Honestly surprised it took this long for ND and NBC to use ND's brand to try and sell a subscription service.

And it's also obviously a trial run for ND centralizing their own content and moving games to the ND app that JS has talked about. Maybe this is a test for ND to extend their partnership with NBC, letting NBC show what they can do if they handle production for the ND app. Or, maybe it's a power play and ND is just trying to figure out how it will work when they want to deny an extension with NBC and go it alone.

We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                              My extremely hot take:

I don't hate it, and have been prepared for this for like two years.

If ND is going to continue to be independent, pushing their own content and streaming games exclusively is the logical next step. Honestly surprised it took this long for ND and NBC to use ND's brand to try and sell a subscription service.

And it's also obviously a trial run for ND centralizing their own content and moving games to the ND app that JS has talked about. Maybe this is a test for ND to extend their partnership with NBC, letting NBC show what they can do if they handle production for the ND app. Or, maybe it's a power play and ND is just trying to figure out how it will work when they want to deny an extension with NBC and go it alone.

We'll see!
                                              And then once ND goes for subscription streaming the "premium games" of USC, UNC etc are gonna be an additional $10...

Comment

They want me to pay for Toledo? Yo ho ho...

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Pete Sampson says via Twitter that a Peacock subscription WILL be required.

The spring game was a free stream. This will not be.
                                                  why would people want to pay for another subscription when they are already paying for their current TV provider to televise other CFB games, seems like another way to nickel and dime your fans. so if parents want to watch their kids play on Saturday they will have to pay for a separate subscription. I don't like this.

Comment

What a crock of shit. If anybody at ND is reading this, HUGE FAIL!

Comment

I have Peacock, but last I checked I couldn't get it on my smart TV if anyone knows other wise, But yea this is extremely annoying

Comment

Not a fan, at all. I guarantee viewership will be down because of this. Turning on NBC on Saturday afternoons in the fall is a tradition for every Notre Dame fan, but especially for the fans in South Bend.

I support just about everything Notre Dame does, but nah this one ain’t it.

Comment

Yeah not surprising. I’d predict the ACC network and SEC network as stations fold soon and defer you to have ESPN+ or some new subscription based ESPN platform as well.

Comment

It already sucked last year when the USF game got bumped for some golf tournament. This is even worse!

Comment

THe Peacock app suuuuuuccccckkkks. This is a bad play.
                                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

i recently joined peacock....it has constantly crashed or is buggy....hate this move....
                                                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Stupid majority of the fans won't even know it is on peacock or how to even get it. Might need to start looking at Fox or another channel other than NBC

Comment

should also be great for recruiting (NOT). instead of these prospects tuning in for the ND game they'll just flip the TV to maybe the bama, Oklahoma or OSU game. great job JACK.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                      i recently joined peacock....it has constantly crashed or is buggy....hate this move....
                                                                      That's the other thing. NBC put a bunch of Olympics stuff on Peacock and it has been hot garbage.

It’s not just you, streaming the Olympics is a mess

Comment

I know if you have Xfinity, you have Peacock free. But is that the peacock prescription required in order to watch this game?

Not a fan of this at all.
                                                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

when I get home im calling NBC and complaining about this and tell them to broadcast the game on NBC or at least NBCsports. I would encourage others to do the same, if enough of us call in maybe they move the game back to NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                            Stupid majority of the fans won't even know it is on peacock or how to even get it. Might need to start looking at Fox or another channel other than NBC
                                                                            This is coming regardless of provider. Every fan of an SEC team should be prepared to have ESPN+

Comment

• #39
                                                                              while the app sucks, take the time to watch Dr Death...pretty good show on peacock
                                                                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I already have Peacock, but this is indefensibly awful.

Just out of principle I'll stream it for peeps here on game day.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  This seems antithetical to the idea of keeping ND football on a broadcast network.

Paywalls are a ticket to the slow death of fanbases. Sports have gotten better at getting more money from their customers but part of that is fewer eyeballs. It looks great in the short term.

I realize self-interest is mixed in here but I think it's to ND's benefit to stay the course and reach virtually every household in America. The cable market is slowly contracting. With Fox and CBS losing their prime attractions to cable/streaming platforms, ND has a real opportunity to fill this gap and get even wider audiences.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                                                    This seems antithetical to the idea of keeping ND football on a broadcast network.

Paywalls are a ticket to the slow death of fanbases. Sports have gotten better at getting more money from their customers but part of that is fewer eyeballs. It looks great in the short term.

I realize self-interest is mixed in here but I think it's to ND's benefit to stay the course and reach virtually every household in America. The cable market is slowly contracting. With Fox and CBS losing their prime attractions to cable/streaming platforms, ND has a real opportunity to fill this gap and get even wider audiences.
                                                                                    The end game is Notre Dame TV where you pay like $70 a month to watch ND games/classic games and content. Maybe NBC is involved or maybe ND goes solo. But the days of watching ND on regular TV are soon to be over.
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Can't wait to pirate the shit out of this
                                                                                      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

The end game is Notre Dame TV where you pay like $70 a month to watch ND games/classic games and content. Maybe NBC is involved or maybe ND goes solo. But the days of watching ND on regular TV are soon to be over.
                                                                                        If so, I expect it to go about as well as when the White Sox tried to move to PPV.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

Agreed. The goal for ND should be what is best for the future of the football program. If the future of the football program is successful, the money will come. Limiting the amount of people that can watch mainly future recruits, their families, and coaches is beyond stupid.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            The more I think about this, the worse the whole idea is.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                              The more I think about this, the worse the whole idea is.
                                                                                              On the plus side, I'm slightly less annoyed that I had to sign up for Peacock so my kids could watch Boss Baby 2 now!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                I already have Peacock, but this is indefensibly awful.

Just out of principle I'll stream it for peeps here on game day.
                                                                                                Put it on twitch and hold a controller in your hand the whole time like some of them dweebs do lol.
                                                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I would recommend everyone to illegally stream it rather than use the peacock service

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                                    I would recommend everyone to illegally stream it rather than use the peacock service
                                                                                                    As an owner of this site, I'm not sure I can technically condone this...but I definitely liked your post.
                                                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X