Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Friday scaries/jitters are hitting folks lol
    aha i just think FSU is going to be crazy hype for this game with all the Bowden tributes etc. Can you imagine if Lou died and ND's first home game after was a night game against a traditional rival/blue blood??? The place would be going bananas. The atmosphere/emotion is probably worth at least a touchdown/10 points to them
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
      Lugg worries me more than Fisher tbh. I think Correll might give up a bull rush or two also. Wouldn't be surprized to see other guys get a chance at LG as the season progresses too. Patterson has to stay healthy, he can't go down or the whole line might crumble
      I actually have more confidence in Correll as a center than at guard.

I do worry about both tackles, though.

And I worry that Freeman favors putting a lot of pressure on his corners, which is ND's weakest defensive unit.

And at this point our view of the passing game is built entirely on terse statements from beat reporters and tiny practice clips.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
        Lugg worries me more than Fisher tbh. I think Correll might give up a bull rush or two also. Wouldn't be surprized to see other guys get a chance at LG as the season progresses too. Patterson has to stay healthy, he can't go down or the whole line might crumble
        wonder if ND will play rocco spindler against fsu.

Comment

• Fuck no, I'm not worried about this game. Minus a championship, this is the ND program we've been waiting a long time for, and I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

ND by 2+ touchdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
            anybody else worried about the OL going into the FSU game as I am.

LT Blake Fisher - very talented player but still a freshman who's going to make freshman mistakes.
            LG Zeke Correll - played well at center last year but this will be his first time playing guard and he's undersized.
            C Jarrett Patterson - I have no worries about patterson
            RG Cain Madden - yeah he was a second team all-American last year but he played against a lot of low level talent. he's listed at 6'3 but looks much shorter and watching his film he doesn't seem to move that well/fast, not sure he's a guy who can get to the second level and make a block. am worried when he has to pull or reach for a block but cant get their fast enough
            RT Josh Lugg - big kid with lots of playing time under his belt the last few years, should do fine at RT.
            It's hard to predict how a freshman will respond in their first game but Fisher is the best option they have, per BK. He's massive and athletic and he's been taking reps in camp against guys that are better than what he'll see at FSU. If he can handle Foskey, he can handle FSU's DE. I think he may have a few issues just like any other freshman but will be fine overall.

Correll is a bit undersized but he's close to 300lbs and that's more than enough to hold his own. I read a few reports that Cain does't move very well but I doubt that will be a huge issue in the run game. Getting to the second level has more to do with technique and getting movement on double teams up to the second level than it does with raw speed. He's probably going to have some issues in pass pro if he's lined up against a quick 3 tech. Same story with Lugg with a quick 5 tech

Just a guess but once these guys get settled in, I think they'll be fine. D coordinators will probably attack the right side of the line with speed and/or slanting gaps. We'll see how Cain/Lugg respond.

Fishers will be elite whether it's by the end of this year or next, Patterson is elite and Correll will hold his own or get replaced by Spindler.

Not a single guy on FSU would start for ND...so if we're worried about our line, imagine what they're doing in Tallahassee.

Comment

• Big Fish is a damn animal. I'm sure there could be some freshmen mistakes, but I hope he just mauls the hell out of FSU's DL.

Comment

• According to Warchant.com the team knows who's at QB for FSU but the rest of us will find out when the game starts. Serious question- if MacKenzie Milton was "all the way back" from his injury would there be any chance Jordan Travis could beat him out?

Comment

• I have little doubt that Jordan Travis is the starter……..

Comment

• How are you guys betting the under over on this one? 55.5 on draftkings.
                    Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Is Milton the dude who talked sh*t about ND? If so, I hope he’s their QB.

Comment

• I can't believe we have to wait until tomorrow for this game!

Comment

• Originally posted by ND88 View Post
                          Is Milton the dude who talked sh*t about ND? If so, I hope he’s their QB.
                          You are right sir and thank you for reminding me. I now hope our guys get to tee off on him.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...etter.amp.html
                          Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                            How are you guys betting the under over on this one? 55.5 on draftkings.
                            Hard to bet before you've seen either team. If I had to guess we may come out a little flat on offense with a new OL to break in and unproven WRs. On the flip side unless FSU has manufactured an explosive offense in the off season I don't think our defense should have a problem with them. Really hard to say, but if I had to guess I'd go under. I hate betting first games though, just my 2 cents.

Comment

• From what I have heard and read I’m expecting Jordan Travis to be the starter.

As for the over under of 55.5 pets…I’ll just say last year the score was 42-26 totaling 68 points with Jordan Travis as the QB for FSU. Just saying…

Comment

• Draft kings giving ND -7 @-105 feels like stealing
                                Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                  From what I have heard and read I’m expecting Jordan Travis to be the starter.

As for the over under of 55.5 pets…I’ll just say last year the score was 42-26 totaling 68 points with Jordan Travis as the QB for FSU. Just saying…
                                  There's only been one opening game in BK's tenure here against a P5 opponent that they've gone over 55 combined and it was the 2016 Texas debacle. We've seen Quinn's OL struggle after a reload before, although I hope that doesn't happen. If they come out firing on all cylinders then I could see us scoring 5-6 TDs behind Kyren, Tyree, and Mayer alone. If that revamped FSU DL gives us fits and our defense doesn't miss a beat I think it could be a lower score this time.

Comment

• One of my favorite coach rants. And one that needs to be remembered. Helps keep you humble, ya know.

"The facts are for a significant portion of this season, this team has felt like they are entitled to something because the team before us won eleven games..."

Don't get caught up in the fact that we have been a good team the last few years. Go out and be this year's ND team. Just being ND doesn't make you good and some of you as fans might need to remember that.

I'm setting the bar high for our boys too but just keep in mind that this is a much different team than last year's team (and the team before that and the team before that).
                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Game day!

Comment

• Is it too early for old fashions?

Comment

• FSU last three openers (all at home 2018 VATech 24 FSU 3 2019 Boise St 36 FSU 31 Ga Tech 16 FSU 13.

No, the Noles are not in the habit of opening well at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                            Is it too early for old fashions?
                                            Go with vodka or something lighter in the morning. Old fashions can start rolling a couple hours before gametime.

If you're still alive by then. hah
                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Go with vodka or something lighter in the morning. Old fashions can start rolling a couple hours before gametime.

If you're still alive by then. hah
                                              I figured the cherry and orange would count as breakfast.

Comment

• Don’t forget to set up a good base…. Bread, chips anything to soak up the EtOH Otherwise you’ll be gone in the first round

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                  I'm going to be honest. I'm a little nervous for this game...You all remember the last time Notre Dame opened the season on the road on Sunday of labor day weekend?
                                                  If it's a two TD game half way through the 4th, I'll flip the nervous switch to the on position.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post

I figured the cherry and orange would count as breakfast.
                                                    If you're going with a Luxardo, that's more like a desert.

Comment

• After all the “too close for comfort” wins & upset losses thus far, ND just needs to win. Other than Alabama, nothing is a lock.

Comment

• Control the ball, get off the field, limit penalties & turnovers....TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS.

Comment

• FSU’s war chant is a hate crime on the ear of humanity. How do you take something that is historically badass and turn it into an MK-Ultra theme song? FSU, USC, Michigan... easily the most annoying bands in CFB.

Comment

One of my favorite coach rants. And one that needs to be remembered. Helps keep you humble, ya know.

"The facts are for a significant portion of this season, this team has felt like they are entitled to something because the team before us won eleven games..."

Don't get caught up in the fact that we have been a good team the last few years. Go out and be this year's ND team. Just being ND doesn't make you good and some of you as fans might need to remember that.

I'm setting the bar high for our boys too but just keep in mind that this is a much different team than last year's team (and the team before that and the team before that).
                                                            I agree with his general sentiment but it's kind of poor delivery. You don't win your team over that way. You can have really harsh words that unify and hopefully jump start a turnaround but I don't think Leech's strategy is the correct one. Maybe I'm in the minority, I still loved it because I love an old fashioned coach rant. I simply question the efficacy of his execution.

Comment

• Jordan Travis will be behind center to start. Just spoke to his father.

Comment

• Georgia has the most dominant defense this year, at least out of the gate. Can our guys look even close to that? They ended the game with 7 sacks, how many can we get against FSU? How many TFLs?

I'm growing a little more confident and it's the fan in me. We've got too many weapons everywhere, we just need our OL to hold up and not look like a swiss cheese factory.

Comment

• ND 35
                                                                  FSU 17

Close early and the Irish front seven take over in the second half. LETS ROLL. GO IRISH!

Comment

• Is the spread really still 7?

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                      Jordan Travis will be behind center to start. Just spoke to his father.
                                                                      I wonder how ABC will deal with this. They probably have 15 minutes worth of "story" on Milton ready to go. Will look pretty dumb if they keep talking about him while he's on the sideline signaling plays.

Comment

One of my favorite coach rants. And one that needs to be remembered. Helps keep you humble, ya know.

Originally posted by Trait Expectations
                                                                        I agree with his general sentiment but it's kind of poor delivery. You don't win your team over that way. You can have really harsh words that unify and hopefully jump start a turnaround but I don't think Leech's strategy is the correct one. Maybe I'm in the minority, I still loved it because I love an old fashioned coach rant. I simply question the efficacy of his execution.
                                                                        You shut your mouth! Mike Leach is a national treasure. Swing your sword!

Comment

• I apologize if this is already covered in this thread…but I’m trying to figure out how to watch this game. I’m on vacation with my fam and was planning on streaming the game on the ABC app. I have DirecTV as my home television service and I just downloaded the app and logged into my subscriber and was notified that DirecTV customer can’t stream through the app. Argh…so frustrating (especially when I’m able to stream on EVERY other network’s app). Anyone know another way to stream the game? Thank you very much in advance for any help. Go Irish!!!
                                                                          The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sportallyr View Post
                                                                            I apologize if this is already covered in this thread…but I’m trying to figure out how to watch this game. I’m on vacation with my fam and was planning on streaming the game on the ABC app. I have DirecTV as my home television service and I just downloaded the app and logged into my subscriber and was notified that DirecTV customer can’t stream through the app. Argh…so frustrating (especially when I’m able to stream on EVERY other network’s app). Anyone know another way to stream the game? Thank you very much in advance for any help. Go Irish!!!
                                                                            It should be available in the ESPN app, go into the Watch tab, it's listed as upcoming with a 7:37 start time.

Comment

• Thanks Mike. You da man!!!
                                                                              The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

• Haven’t been around much during the offseason.
                                                                                Great to be back.
                                                                                Lets Go Irish!

Comment

• STOKED for this game lfg

Comment

• Don't know who needs this, but streameast dot live is a pretty reliable spot. I may not rely on it for an ND game bc it occasionally buffers or glitches and I don't need that conniption. But it's a Saturday staple for me.
                                                                                    My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Win or lose, gotta enjoy every fall you get. Excited to see our boys get after it.

(Admittedly, it's a lot easier when we win.)

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Are we there yet?

Comment

• Comment

• Covid protocol?
                                                                                            I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• I hope that's all. 3 RB's is enough for one game but not for a season. I guess NaNa going to get some reps at DE behind MTA.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIDomer9 View Post
                                                                                                Oh for f@@ks sake. I just wanna see Botelho play nasty in a ND jersey. Sweet baby jesus and beloved mother Mary can that happen this season pretty please.

Comment

• Dang, really wanted to watch Botelho.

Comment

• Damn in Botelho

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIDomer9 View Post
                                                                                                      Really? What the hell? If it it’s Covid I’m over it! Let’s just hope it’s Covid.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X