• Sept 5 | Florida State

AT

Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Florida State Seminoles
    Doak Campbell Stadium
    Tallahassee, FL
    September 5, 2021
    7:30 PM
    abc.png
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-25-2021, 04:47 AM.

Well Clash, you're officially making me worry about how to create our schedule banner this year. lol
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
      Well Clash, you're officially making me worry about how to create our schedule banner this year. lol
      lol, good thing we have 6 months to figure it out.

Comment

This is the game that worries me most. Not really because I think they are the best team on our schedule. More because it's week 1 and on the road, we'll have a new QB under center, untested OL, new pieces on D and a new DC, and as much as anything, I think Milton will be a stellar addition to FSU.

It's the only game I have us losing this year. I guess better to lose early.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
          This is the game that worries me most. Not really because I think they are the best team on our schedule. More because it's week 1 and on the road, we'll have a new QB under center, untested OL, new pieces on D and a new DC, and as much as anything, I think Milton will be a stellar addition to FSU.

It's the only game I have us losing this year. I guess better to lose early.
          I think that's a fair assessment. If Milton is back to form, they could be a dangerous team for sure.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I think that's a fair assessment. If Milton is back to form, they could be a dangerous team for sure.
            If nothing else, Milton absolutely turns up the hype and interest level.

I have yet to deep dive their team, but surface level, seems they have decent pieces aside from maybe their OL.

I'm as worried as much about our passing game, as trying to defend Milton though.
            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

https://chopchat.com/2021/04/11/fsu-...1-spring-game/

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

What's up with their helmets there? Looks like those soft helmets they use in 7v7 games over the normal ones.

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

What's up with their helmets there? Looks like those soft helmets they use in 7v7 games over the normal ones.
                  It's the Guardian Cap https://www.guardiansports.com/football/caps/

Comment

Forgot Milton ended up here - I imagine FSU has their normal stock of 5 star WRs for him to chuck it to. Are they officially not a dumpster fire anymore in Tallahassee or what?

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                      Forgot Milton ended up here - I imagine FSU has their normal stock of 5 star WRs for him to chuck it to. Are they officially not a dumpster fire anymore in Tallahassee or what?
                      They haven’t landed a 5* WR since 2015. I scoped their 247 message board yesterday to see their thoughts on spring practice. Sounds like the OL is still a mess and the D lacks FSU’s traditional level of talent.

Comment

A wins a win, especially in week 1, but anything less than a double digit win on this one will be semi disappointing to me. Our program is much better than there's right now, regardless of experience.
                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

This is a tough first game for ND. Breaking in a new OL, new QB, new skill players and replacing some defensive stalwarts.

Remember the first game the past few years? It's rarely pretty to start so I hope our guys are dialed in for this one.

Comment

If on 3rd and 17, our DBs played some press coverage and got beat for a first down, our board would explode.

And if that’s how FSU plans to defend in an actual game, we win by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

If on 3rd and 17, our DBs played some press coverage and got beat for a first down, our board would explode.

lol Wait until people see the level of aggression Freeman plays with.

Comment

Press coverage with a single high safety?

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Press coverage with a single high safety?
                                  That' a good catch. I think that is my problem with it all. Its the fact that they got 7 or 8 in the box, including an extra linebacker that seems to be spying the QB, is really what catches my eye. Seems like a bad idea for a 3rd and 17 play.

I can just imagine if against Clemson in overtime on 4th and 24 we had 4 down lineman, 3 linebackers 5 yards from scrimmage, our CBs playing press coverage, and a single high safety just for any competent QB look off the safety and hit a little fly route on the opposite sideline. But it's a spring game so I'm sure they are just trying to get reps of their regular defense.

Comment

lol Wait until people see the level of aggression Freeman plays with.
                                    I remember watching the Georgia game and thinking to myself that he had A LOT of faith in his players to make plays and called an aggressive game, rather than the smart/safe play that we are accustomed to. I hope, and honestly, trust that our athletes on defense can cause a ton of havoc. Which is the first time in a while I feel I can say that we have the right combination of coaching and athletes to do that. But I am already preparing for the inevitable board meltdowns over the plays that will happen like this tweet shows.

As long as we don't constantly get burnt on trick plays like the BVG era, I'm all for aggressive defense. I just hate trick plays working. Makes us look like we have incredibly low Football IQ, and is embarrassing. Especially when the play is so obvious that my 10 year old brother calls it out before the snap (true story).

Comment

I just realized this game is a Sunday. Gross.

Comment

FYI FSU was letting CFB media/journalists call plays in their spring game

https://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2...ng-game-pr-win
                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

I remember watching the Georgia game and thinking to myself that he had A LOT of faith in his players to make plays and called an aggressive game, rather than the smart/safe play that we are accustomed to. I hope, and honestly, trust that our athletes on defense can cause a ton of havoc. Which is the first time in a while I feel I can say that we have the right combination of coaching and athletes to do that. But I am already preparing for the inevitable board meltdowns over the plays that will happen like this tweet shows.

As long as we don't constantly get burnt on trick plays like the BVG era, I'm all for aggressive defense. I just hate trick plays working. Makes us look like we have incredibly low Football IQ, and is embarrassing. Especially when the play is so obvious that my 10 year old brother calls it out before the snap (true story).
                                          I think the reputation of Lea has been twisted a bit since Freeman came. “Smart/safe play we are accustomed to”. I do not think Lea’s D was safe. It did require smarts though. A break in the scheme had a very not safe consequence. Georgia plays a safe D. Lea also had a Havoc causing defense. The numbers are there. Freeman’s aggressive D is not actually a stress on Havoc, it’s a stress on Success Rate.

Comment

likely will be starting for FSU at WR now
                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

“That home-field advantage, we’re telling every top prospect that we have that’s not making a decision early to official visit [for] Notre Dame. Why? Because there should be no other stadium in America that has a better game-day feel than right here.”

- FSU offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham said at a booster event last week.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                  “That home-field advantage, we’re telling every top prospect that we have that’s not making a decision early to official visit [for] Notre Dame. Why? Because there should be no other stadium in America that has a better game-day feel than right here.”

- FSU offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham said at a booster event last week.
                                                  What BS they've been averaging around 30K below capacity in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

What BS they've been averaging around 30K below capacity in recent years.
                                                    We'll fill it for them, I'm sure. I'd consider going myself depending on the ticket prices

Comment

likely will be starting for FSU at WR now
                                                      Meh, probably has paper hands.
                                                      I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Look ahead line just posted at -9

Comment

Full video:

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-18-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Scored tix to this game for Dad's day, Hot Damn

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                              I got a pink donut and a coffee from Dunkin....

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                                That’s a heck of a gift, I got a couple nice shirts. Any insight into parking? Contemplating going down for the game. My buddy (FSU fan) says he’s found parking at $270. That’s ridiculous!!!

Comment

I’m thinking of finding a Walmart to park, and call an Uber in and out of the game if we decide to go.

Comment

I'm not sure if you can park at the Civic Center and take a bus over. I have to check into that.

That said, its just gonna be me and my daughter, so i might have my wife drop us off and pick us up.

Comment

Check here for parking info.

Comment

ND -9.5

Comment

I'm interested to see what the O/U will be. If it is anything over 50, I'm taking the under.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                            I'm interested to see what the O/U will be. If it is anything over 50, I'm taking the under.
                                                                            I could see it being 50.5 with the last second field goal to hit
                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #39

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Bobby Bowden Died. I'm going to this game, so let's hope his spirit doesn't come through to help shift any momentum.
                                                                                I still hold disdain for the guy after 1993, but I gotta tip my hat to him on what he did for FSU.
                                                                                ​​​​​​RIP Bobby.
                                                                                I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                                I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Someone on Rivals board was snooping so I snooped as well and the 247 board for FSU seems in bit of a panic. It sounds like Milton’s had some nag, Travis maybe had some injury nag too. Norvell recently spoke about giving the other 2 QBs more snaps. Sounds like maybe some injury/durability questions. I don’t think it’s “nothing” to be like yeah we’re giving our third and fourth string QBs more snaps

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    If you have 4 QBs do you even have 1? That’s the saying right lol

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                                      Someone on Rivals board was snooping so I snooped as well and the 247 board for FSU seems in bit of a panic. It sounds like Milton’s had some nag, Travis maybe had some injury nag too. Norvell recently spoke about giving the other 2 QBs more snaps. Sounds like maybe some injury/durability questions. I don’t think it’s “nothing” to be like yeah we’re giving our third and fourth string QBs more snaps
                                                                                      Dale, I appreciate everything you bring to the board. But bumping this thread might have put a permanent red mark next to your name in my book. The trauma.

Comment

• #44

Dale, I appreciate everything you bring to the board. But bumping this thread might have put a permanent red mark next to your name in my book. The trauma.
                                                                                        Ha didn’t even think to check any # of wrong dates I can now see. Mods please move to 2021 if wanting to spare others

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 08-19-2021, 10:10 AM.
                                                                                          My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            PLEASE start Chubba Purdy so they'll pan to his Mom 55x's during the game.

Chu-buh Chu-buh Chu-buh!

Comment

• #47

Last edited by BobbyMac; 08-18-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• #48

Pain.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by allenm5333 View Post
                                                                                                  WTF does this mean?

And is Bobby Mac the biggest hornball on the forum?

The people want to know.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

WTF does this mean?

And is Bobby Mac the biggest hornball on the forum?

The people want to know.
                                                                                                    Nope. I'm hardly ever the one to comment on "smoke show's"

But I've seen Ms. Purdy in person and she couldn't have found a more appropriately named guy to marry.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X