Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Early Season Predictions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    FSU - ND will not be super sharp on O, but the D will dominate FSU's Oline. Coan will be a starter and be solid, while the running game takes a step back with our new O-line. The receivers still do not get a whole lot of seperation, which will continue to be a cause for consternation for ND fans. Luckily, Coan finds enough of a security blanket in Meyer. He leads us with 9 catches for 87 yards and a TD. Kyren runs hard and we lead 20-17 late. FSU has the ball on their 35 with 2:19 left with a chance to tie or take the lead. They drive to our 45 before MTA tips a Milton pass and it is picked off by Kiser to seal a 20-17 win This whole site responds like it is a loss instead of a win and predictions for a 7-5 or 8-4 season are the norm for the rest of the week...

    Comment


    • #52
      Mad respect for the detail. I dig it. Now, we have to work on the outcome a bit, lol.

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        Mad respect for the detail. I dig it. Now, we have to work on the outcome a bit, lol.
        Lol, thanks. Right? Almost always ND starts slow. I would take a win here any way I can get it, lol.

        Comment


        • #54
          Toledo (1-0) @ Notre Dame (1-0)

          Toledo's defense, or lack thereof, is just what the doctor ordered for the ND offense. Coan has a big day and spreads the ball around. Kyren rushes for 130 and Tyree rushes for 97 in a solid day. The defense shuts down the Toledo run game, but they do have some success through the air. The first QB off the bench is Drew Pyne, who manages the 4th quarter in a 45-17 victory.

          Comment


          • #55
            Purdue (2-0) @ Notre Dame (2-0)

            Honestly, this game concerns me a bit. Purdue scored at least 20 in every game last year and has an up and coming program. I think their offense is ahead of their defense. I think ND clings to a 24-20 lead midway through the 4th when they put together a 6 minute drive of mostly Kyren. They punch in another one on a 3 yard run by Williams with 1:22 left to seal a 31-20 win. ND fans are uneasy, but are also 3-0.

            Comment


            • #56
              Wisconsin (2-0) vs. Notre Dame (3-0) @ Soldier Field

              One the the most hyped games of the season arrives with the neutral site game in Chicago. Wisconsin will already have a win against Penn State on their resume and both of these teams will come in ranked in the top 15, if not top 10. Wisconsin, coming off a bye, will know Coan's strengths and weaknesses, but Coan will also have a lot of familiarity playing against the Badger D. Leonard is too good of a DC not to have some wrinkles, so the Badgers will slow the ND offense much of the day. On the other side of the ball, it is rough sledding for the Badgers also. ND fans, while excited about the game changing plays by the defense, will also see the tradeoff as they give up bigger plays than in the past three years. ND's offense will look for ways to get Meyer involved, but the Badgers will double him most of the game. Wisconsin leads fairly deep into the fourth quarter 17-14. Fortunately, Kevin Austin steps up and finally shows some of the promise that has been reported about him. Austin scores on a 63 yard beautiful teardrop pass by Coan down the left sideline to give ND a 21-17 lead with five minutes to go. Wisconsin drives to midfield before Bracy responds to the doubters by darting in front of a crossing route and returning it 64 yards for a TD. This gives ND a 28-17 win and a jump into the top 8 of the standings. ND nation celebrates!

              Comment


              • #57
                Lol CoachB Most people have a hard enough time guessing a W/L or O/U, you're out here calling critical parts of entire games.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                  Lol CoachB Most people have a hard enough time guessing a W/L or O/U, you're out here calling critical parts of entire games.
                  Lol, figured I would try to spice it up a little. If any of these come to fruitiion, I will be booking my flight to Vegas, lol.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

                    But ND was the home team for Cuse '18. Wiscy's the home team next year in Chicago though I might remember they did a different type of split for the Green Bay / Chicago series.
                    Pretty sure both games were 50/50 splits for tickets and home/away neutral site treatment. ND has a strong Chicago base - people will hopefully pay more for tickets when they can sleep in their own bed on game day.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                      Pretty sure both games were 50/50 splits for tickets and home/away neutral site treatment. ND has a strong Chicago base - people will hopefully pay more for tickets when they can sleep in their own bed on game day.
                      Notre Dame has some great benefits. Wealthy alumni base. A national following. All that stuff.

                      But it's awfully frustrating when they have big games against uncommon opponents.... it means more to them to play Notre Dame, but since this isn't in South Bend, I think the ND faithful will show up in force.

                      The pictures of the Nebraska crowd 20 years ago and the Georgia crowd a few years ago still haunt me though.
                      Based Mullet Kid owns

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Wisconsin fans are one of the best traveling fanbases around. I would be shocked if the stands aren't 60% or more red.

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by CoachB View Post
                          Wisconsin (2-0) vs. Notre Dame (3-0) @ Soldier Field

                          One the the most hyped games of the season arrives with the neutral site game in Chicago. Wisconsin will already have a win against Penn State on their resume and both of these teams will come in ranked in the top 15, if not top 10. Wisconsin, coming off a bye, will know Coan's strengths and weaknesses, but Coan will also have a lot of familiarity playing against the Badger D. Leonard is too good of a DC not to have some wrinkles, so the Badgers will slow the ND offense much of the day. On the other side of the ball, it is rough sledding for the Badgers also. ND fans, while excited about the game changing plays by the defense, will also see the tradeoff as they give up bigger plays than in the past three years. ND's offense will look for ways to get Meyer involved, but the Badgers will double him most of the game. Wisconsin leads fairly deep into the fourth quarter 17-14. Fortunately, Kevin Austin steps up and finally shows some of the promise that has been reported about him. Austin scores on a 63 yard beautiful teardrop pass by Coan down the left sideline to give ND a 21-17 lead with five minutes to go. Wisconsin drives to midfield before Bracy responds to the doubters by darting in front of a crossing route and returning it 64 yards for a TD. This gives ND a 28-17 win and a jump into the top 8 of the standings. ND nation celebrates!
                          It is written.

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                            Lol CoachB Most people have a hard enough time guessing a W/L or O/U, you're out here calling critical parts of entire games.
                            i was waiting for a "perfectly executed punt by Bramlett dooms the Badgers to a 1st and 10 from their own 2"
                            What did Davonte do?

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                              The Wisconsin game is technically a home game for the Badgers, so do they get a majority of the tickets?
                              The Wisconsin State Journal reported that it would be 50/50 ticket allotment for both games. 3,000 student tickets each way won't hurt either. Seems like Alvarez and Swarbrick wanted two true neutral site games.

                              https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...539c76a57.html

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                Dope. My gramps really wants to go to this game and this makes me think it'll be more likely.

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                  Wisconsin fans are one of the best traveling fanbases around. I would be shocked if the stands aren't 60% or more red.
                                  You would travel well too if your state's idea of a vacation was the Wisconsin Dells.
                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    The fact that people feel confident in making predictions is amazing to me. I could see anything from 8-4 - 12-0 but no one besides the coaches have seen actual practice. The BG game is but one data point. I'll make my prediction just before kickoff for FSU. Then our 1st/2nd rotation will be defined on both sides of the ball and I'll equipped to make a call.

                                    I hope media get some viewing privileges this fall.

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                      The fact that people feel confident in making predictions is amazing to me. I could see anything from 8-4 - 12-0 but no one besides the coaches have seen actual practice. The BG game is but one data point. I'll make my prediction just before kickoff for FSU. Then our 1st/2nd rotation will be defined on both sides of the ball and I'll equipped to make a call.

                                      I hope media get some viewing privileges this fall.
                                      You see 8 wins somewhere?????
                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

                                        You see 8 wins somewhere?????
                                        ACamp hasn't lost a step since his sabbatical.

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          It feels impossible for me to go game by game as I don't know that much about our opponents to guess what they'll look like. However, I do feel like the floor in the program is better than what I thought and I think the ceiling is as well. My two biggest concerns before were DB and OL. I think those have been improved. I think Coan along with Tyree, Kyren, Mayer, Austin, Keys, and Davis give the offense a great base for production. I think the defense could actually be better than last year. So, I'm pretty optimistic. I'll go with 10 wins but don't make me pick which ones, yet.

                                          Comment

                                          Adsense

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X