No announcement yet.

Marcus Freeman New DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading the Buckeye board after the game tonight was cathartic. They came in talking about how their defense was better than ours Then by halftime a lot of them were wanting to fire Coombs and they wanted to hire Freeman out from under us. They were pulling their hair out in disbelief that they couldn't keep Bama's score lower than us.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
      Reading the Buckeye board after the game tonight was cathartic. They came in talking about how their defense was better than ours Then by halftime a lot of them were wanting to fire Coombs and they wanted to hire Freeman out from under us. They were pulling their hair out in disbelief that they couldn't keep Bama's score lower than us.
      I think this proves Bama didn't take their foot off the gas and our D did a good job in the 2nd half... also we were a decent qb and athletic wrs away

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish8248 View Post
        I think this proves Bama didn't take their foot off the gas and our D did a good job in the 2nd half... also we were a decent qb and athletic wrs away
        Well, we had a very decent QB, but you need the very elite at the biggest stage. That, or you need a Devonta Smith lol.

Comment

• I hope the Mike Elko meeting was to get Ishmael Aristide's contact details...

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish8248 View Post
            I'm not sure how that proves they didn't.

Personally, I believe they still did.
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Say what you want about Aaron Lynch, but the guy clearly has talent. He still managed to have a few cups of coffee in the NFL.

No idea how Ishaq didn't work out. Dude was a specimen.

Ultimately, get those kinds of guys and send them to the NFL. With or without degrees. They can always come back and finish later.
              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                Say what you want about Aaron Lynch, but the guy clearly has talent. He still managed to have a few cups of coffee in the NFL.

Ultimately, get those kinds of guys and send them to the NFL. With or without degrees. They can always come back and finish later.
                Yep and do so more frequently. Can't be every five years you get a good haul.
                "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Say what you want about Aaron Lynch, but the guy clearly has talent. He still managed to have a few cups of coffee in the NFL.

Haha, that shows a real naivety to the situation. I'm regularly dumbfounded by how the most critical people are the ones that understand the least. Or, at least pretend to understand the least. Which says even more.

Comment

7 years just under $10mil earnings.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonv...cash-earnings/

Comment

• https://www.18stripes.com/find-the-s...man-defensive/

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                        I'm not sure how that proves they didn't.

Personally, I believe they still did.
                        I don't think Saban has ever taken his foot off the gas in a bowl game or the playoffs. He has a killer instinct and goes for the jugular on the large stage...as I hope ND will do some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                          I don't think Saban has ever taken his foot off the gas in a bowl game or the playoffs. He has a killer instinct and goes for the jugular on the large stage...as I hope ND will do some day.
                          have to agree to disagree, but imo it was pretty aparent the play calling in the second half was very vanilla with them knowing that our offense posed little to no threat
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• FWIW: Can confirm that John Jancek has interviewed as a position coach.

Down to him and an unnamed coach.
                            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                              FWIW: Can confirm that John Jancek has interviewed as a position coach.

Which position coach? Don't know much about him but it appears he had some stints as Dline coach, DC, and safeties coach in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                FWIW: Can confirm that John Jancek has interviewed as a position coach.

I'm rooting for the unnamed coach. This smells like another Van Gorder.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                  have to agree to disagree, but imo it was pretty aparent the play calling in the second half was very vanilla with them knowing that our offense posed little to no threat

We still having this discussion? I think itís apparent they didnít stop trying, but hey whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                    Some very similar coaching stops as BVG. Scary.
                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                      The other coach is me.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lambert and Anthony Poindexter will oversee Purdueís defense as co-coordinators, while Poindexter will coach the secondary alongside Ron English. Purdueís defensive staff appears set for 2021.</p>&mdash; Adam Rittenberg (@ESPNRittenberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1351274587401568256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote>

So, no Elston to Purdue for their DC job, as had been speculated by some ND media.

Comment

• Yea, big news here. I think keeping Elston on staff to work with his DL will be a big benefit to Freeman and the team.

Comment

• If this guy is a gun recruiter maybe we should put him in charge of recruiting as well give him more $ and get him recruiting those WRs we seem to be falling behind on like Kaleb Brown.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/ENQSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ENQSports</a> that Chad Bowden, the director of recruiting for the Cincinnati Bearcats football program, is following Marcus Freeman to Notre Dame. Bowden will be the defensive director of recruiting for the Irish.</p>&mdash; Keith Jenkins (@MrKeithJenkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrKeithJenkins/status/1351539804597579784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• So would Polian have a title change or this would be more the administrative side?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/ENQSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ENQSports</a> that Chad Bowden, the director of recruiting for the Cincinnati Bearcats football program, is following Marcus Freeman to Notre Dame. Bowden will be the defensive director of recruiting for the Irish.</p>&mdash; Keith Jenkins (@MrKeithJenkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrKeithJenkins/status/1351539804597579784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                  Gotta love getting more guys in to help evaluate talent.

Here's a write up on Chad Bowden, son of former Reds manager Jim Bowden.
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                    So would Polian have a title change or this would be more the administrative side?
                                                    Non-coaching role I'd imagine.
                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• So more Kearney’s side. He currently has Director of Recruiting title, so I wonder if adding two roles below him? Offensive and Defensive Director below him or Kearney becomes the one that gets a title change

Comment

So would Polian have a title change or this would be more the administrative side?
                                                        Yeah, that's interesting. It says "Defensive Director of Recruiting."

Wonder if Polian or someone else will be Offensive/ST Director of Recruiting.

Comment

• judging from cinci fans reactions he must have been pretty important to their recruiting efforts.
                                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                            judging from cinci fans reactions he must have been pretty important to their recruiting efforts.
                                                            I feel bad for Cincinnati in all of this. I can't imagine how infuriating all this must be.

Comment

• ND adding more staff to its recruiting department. Sounds like Kelly is getting some extension benefits

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                                I feel bad for Cincinnati in all of this. I can't imagine how infuriating all this must be.
                                                                it's a wash, we gave them denbrock for a bit
                                                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Itís not new. HC taken by UCLA for basketball. AD left for USC. They swung for the Big 12 and missed and now all these talented people they built up will be gone.

Comment

So more Kearneyís side. He currently has Director of Recruiting title, so I wonder if adding two roles below him? Offensive and Defensive Director below him or Kearney becomes the one that gets a title change
                                                                    One of the guys on reddit who seems to generally have some inside sources said there is going to be an offensive equivalent named soon. So it looks like they are expanding the recruiting department just like most thought they needed to.

Between the recruiting expansion and the hiring of Freeman, it really does seem like the administration wants to take the next step.

Comment

• Let's take a live look at Cincinnati fans drowning their sorrows in bowls of chili

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
                                                                        One of the guys on reddit who seems to generally have some inside sources said there is going to be an offensive equivalent named soon. So it looks like they are expanding the recruiting department just like most thought they needed to.

Between the recruiting expansion and the hiring of Freeman, it really does seem like the administration wants to take the next step.
                                                                        or boosters moreso
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

This is making its way around the paid sites as well. Rees will have someone that works with him as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                            This is making its way around the paid sites as well. Rees will have someone that works with him as well.

I really like what Lea did with Barton at Vandy. Really good idea, and picked prob the top (IMO) talent evaluators out there.

Again, my opinion, but I would love for ND to take a swing at Jamie U, someone like him or maybe DriskÖ.. KIDDING!!!!!
                                                                            " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                                                                              I really like what Lea did with Barton at Vandy. Really good idea, and picked prob the top (IMO) talent evaluators out there.

Again, my opinion, but I would love for ND to take a swing at Jamie U, someone like him or maybe Drisk.. KIDDING!!!!!

Last edited by ab2cmiller; 03-20-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Itís not new. HC taken by UCLA for basketball. AD left for USC. They swung for the Big 12 and missed and now all these talented people they built up will be gone.

So.....itís not ok to feel a little for them? Silly logic here. Itís tough when a program works hard, gets the good candidate, they work out great - then leave. Pittsburgh Pirates suffer the same way (although a little different because they choose their path to more of an extent). Just because itís the way it is doesnít mean itís not ok to feel a little for them. Iím obviously happy heís at ND, but Iím sure it stings. Itíll sting more once their HC leaves for a P5 job

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                                  Originally posted by irishtrooper View Post
                                                                                  So.....itís not ok to feel a little for them? Silly logic here. Itís tough when a program works hard, gets the good candidate, they work out great - then leave. Pittsburgh Pirates suffer the same way (although a little different because they choose their path to more of an extent). Just because itís the way it is doesnít mean itís not ok to feel a little for them. Iím obviously happy heís at ND, but Iím sure it stings. Itíll sting more once their HC leaves for a P5 job
                                                                                  If I were a UC-only fan, or at least didn't have a love for ND, I'd probably be salty as hell that ND and BK keep robbing proven coaching and program talent from UC.

On the other hand, my friends that are UC fans have mostly come to terms with how things go, especially since Fickell is still there for at least another season to provide stability.

It's mostly the boomers that remain hateful towards BK/ND... idk if it's an age thing or what, but the younger folks have adjusted to how movement in the coaching ranks goes, relative to UC's place in the current CFB world, whereas the older fans largely remain spiteful about every little thing.

Comment

• More recruiting staff is huge and a long time comin. Can't believe the administration reads IE.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishtrooper View Post
                                                                                      You can feel for them sure I was just commenting that this dance they are certainly used to at this point. I also spent time in Cinci and can say some were beyond obnoxious when they thought they were going to join the Big 12 so I will not be lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                                                                                        More recruiting staff is huge and a long time comin. Can't believe the administration reads IE.

This is likely the reason! Has to be

Comment

Crusader?

I'll take this job though, yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post

Again, my opinion, but I would love for ND to take a swing at Jamie U, someone like him or maybe DriskÖ.. KIDDING!!!!!
                                                                                            Offensive Coordinator and QB coach surely
                                                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I can only imagine what the staff meetings would be like with BK and Driskell in the same room. LOL

Comment

Love it.

These are exactly the types of moves we've all felt the program needed to make if it wanted to take the next step. The Freeman hire is already paying off in spades.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                                                  Love it.

These are exactly the types of moves we've all felt the program needed to make if it wanted to take the next step. The Freeman hire is already paying off in spades.
                                                                                                  Maybe I'm misinterpreting this statement but this is not the Freeman effect but the Kelly extension effect. Kelly got Freeman, clearly by getting the admin to commit to his staff. Kelly is getting the admin to increase the size of the recruiting department, hence why Rees will be getting one as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                    Maybe I'm misinterpreting this statement but this is not the Freeman effect but the Kelly extension effect. Kelly got Freeman, clearly by getting the admin to commit to his staff. Kelly is getting the admin to increase the size of the recruiting department, hence why Rees will be getting one as well.
                                                                                                    Boosters
                                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

I mean, the program has been very clean now since the Frozen Five, right? They're graduating players and winning games after the 4-8 debacle. With the pandemic hitting everyone in the shorts as far as finances, they can't risk losing out on people spending their money was we vaccine and get back to normal. Sooner or later if they are not proving to be serious about winning a championship people will stop spending money going to games, buying gear, etc.

This is an incredibly loyal and dedicated fan base, most of whom did not actually attend the school. Throw us a frickin' bone and get a title under Kelly while he's still here.
                                                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X