Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of the Program

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
    Some areas of this program he improved greatly some areas have not. Continuing to get out coach is one area that had seemed like it had improved but I guess it didn’t.

    We have a list of coaches that are just very average.
    -Rees
    -Alexander
    -Polian
    -Quinn

    We still can’t have a top QB and our evaluations of transfers this last season was not good.

    I really am not sure what to expect the rest of the season.

    we have a kicker who is at 70% on field goals with is tied for 96th in college football. That’s unacceptable along with most of our special teams.


    Hopefully the defense just needs a season for all the coaches to work together.

    With some of the hires and the talent recruited I thought these seasons that every game of the season was a toss up were over.
    I won't blame the staff for missing on Madden. Kid was an "all-American" and the line was going to be an issue this year so it made sense to bring him in.

    Coan... made some sense to bring him in to. Coan only looks like trash because the line is objectively terrible.
    Based Mullet Kid owns

    Comment


    • We were more than likely a Pyne playing 4 quarters from winning today. This team has some warts, but this this place feels like we're in the Weis era.

      Comment


      • Kelly should be looking for replacements for Quinn, Tommy, and Del right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
          BK has brought the program back to a certain level but the flaws (o line, staff, QB) are far too glaring and numerous and at times repetitive for what’s supposed to be an elite program with an elite coach. I’m fairly worried about the next season and a half…
          Agree. All of a sudden things could be headed for trouble. Biggest problem with our holes (OL, QB) is they are developmental positions and not ones where freshman come in and play well right away. I also don’t have much faith in the guys doing the developing.
          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

          Comment


          • Clemson barely beat BC today.

            How much better do you think Cinci is then BC?


            I would suggest Cinci is a LOT better then BC.


            This sucks. Our OL is terrible. Its sucky to struggle. But we're not alone. It happens. Sometimes you suck if you're not Alabama.

            I feel it though. If our OL wasn't so bad... we would have easily won that game. Its just one thing. It hurts.


            But we are not alone. Clemson stinks. Oklahoma? Theyre not hot shit either.

            We're not alone although it may feel like it.
            Last edited by IrishBoognish; 10-03-2021, 07:31 AM.

            Comment


            • Nd was a qb change from 5-0. Bk went from wimbush to book before nd took an L. What didnt BK see this time?! Why take an L before qb change? Im hoping the team doesnt fold bc the man in charge isnt putting team in best position to win.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Number3rockin View Post
                Nd was a qb change from 5-0. Bk went from wimbush to book before nd took an L. What didnt BK see this time?! Why take an L before qb change? Im hoping the team doesnt fold bc the man in charge isnt putting team in best position to win.
                God love Pyne but he’s not the answer/Book. We continue to underdeveloped/under-recruit the most important position on the field.

                Get a damn QB, Tommy. This is pathetic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                  God love Pyne but he’s not the answer/Book. We continue to underdeveloped/under-recruit the most important position on the field.

                  Get a damn QB, Tommy. This is pathetic
                  I feel like I should remind people that Pyne was an Elite 11 finalist and ended the recruiting cycle as the 8th rated pocket passer.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post

                    I feel like I should remind people that Pyne was an Elite 11 finalist and ended the recruiting cycle as the 8th rated pocket passer.
                    Very true. The only QBs we've signed that were higher ranked than Pyne were Gunner Kiel, Malik Zaire, Brandon Wimbush, and Phil Jurkovich. Will be interesting to see where Pyne transfers to.
                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                    Comment


                    • Rag on Pyne all you want, but the kid brings energy and swagger and the team rallies behind him. They sulk with Coan in the game. I want to see Buchner be allowed to throw the ball as well when he's in. It's time to shift away from Coan and over to Pyne and Buchner. The Hokies are salivating knowing Kelly won't make the shift, so get ready for the square peg in round hole strategy Saturday night in a hostile environment.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Number3rockin View Post
                        Nd was a qb change from 5-0. Bk went from wimbush to book before nd took an L. What didnt BK see this time?! Why take an L before qb change? Im hoping the team doesnt fold bc the man in charge isnt putting team in best position to win.
                        IIRC, it was Chip Long who pushed for the QB change & Kelly allowed it. Too bad BK forgot how that turned the season around b/c it could’ve had the same effect yesterday.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                          We were more than likely a Pyne playing 4 quarters from winning today. This team has some warts, but this this place feels like we're in the Weis era.
                          We all knew that. Most of the beat knew that. Fairly certain Cinci knew that. And yet the staff insisted on trotting out a lame Coan and one-trick-pony Buchner instead. THAT is what concerns most of us. No one is saying team is Weis-esque, but the team's biggest opponent should be the team on the other side of the field, not their own coaching staff...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
                            Kelly should be looking for replacements for Quinn, Tommy, and Del right now.
                            You mean there should be accountability with the staff?

                            Comment


                            • The coaches that are in question for me are Quinn and Rees. Our o-line is the downfall of our offense, the only pass they get from me is they lost 4 guys to the NFL. I don't care if Quinn is Kelly's buddy, put him back as an analyst and go hire a offensive line coach. I think Rees's time here as an OC has been average, you would think he would be better on the recruiting trail because he played here.

                              I want to see what Del can do with the WR's he has brought in with the 2021 and 2022 classes. Is it his fault Austin dropped yesterday's pass, is it his fault the Sr. WR's cannot stay healthy?

                              Give the defense time and ND will benefit from Freeman's scheme.

                              If ND would've put Pyne in rather than Buchner yesterday in the second qtr. their chances of winning would've been better.

                              Watching Cincy yesterday really did not impress me at all, they were the better of the 2 teams. They are beatable this year.

                              This team is far from what the Weis era was...what a horrible comparison. His 09 team with a damn good offense lost to Connecticut at home.

                              Comment


                              • In the end, the program taking the next step will come on offense. We all know that. Who here has confidence that Tommy and Quinn have it what it takes to replicate what the defense is able to do? I personally think Tommy could be that coach in time, but don't think he will be this year, or next. He just has too much to learn and is a liability if you truly aspire to be a national title winner. For the OL, I just fail to see the improvement. The recruiting and cohesiveness is a realistic excuse (in part) for the first 3-4 games. But we have not seen a huge amount of improvement. I know the competition has increased incredibly, but I still would have like to have seen more. IMO, the next three weeks are the most critical to demonstrate improvement. It's just disappointing.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                  We all knew that. Most of the beat knew that. Fairly certain Cinci knew that. And yet the staff insisted on trotting out a lame Coan and one-trick-pony Buchner instead. THAT is what concerns most of us. No one is saying team is Weis-esque, but the team's biggest opponent should be the team on the other side of the field, not their own coaching staff...
                                  I don’t disagree that Pyne should have gotten the start. But do we really know Buchner’s a one-trick pony though? The play-calling was absolutely abysmal when they put him in. It was like a clinic on how to squander a young QBs talent. In my opinion, the coaches were disingenuous regarding opening up the playbook for him, because those calls they dialed up for him could be seen with a toilet paper roll from space.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by tko View Post
                                    Rag on Pyne all you want, but the kid brings energy and swagger and the team rallies behind him. They sulk with Coan in the game. I want to see Buchner be allowed to throw the ball as well when he's in. It's time to shift away from Coan and over to Pyne and Buchner. The Hokies are salivating knowing Kelly won't make the shift, so get ready for the square peg in round hole strategy Saturday night in a hostile environment.
                                    That lead-in is goofy as hell though. This is the Sandman place, right?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by ND88 View Post

                                      I don’t disagree that Pyne should have gotten the start. But do we really know Buchner’s a one-trick pony though? The play-calling was absolutely abysmal when they put him in. It was like a clinic on how to squander a young QBs talent. In my opinion, the coaches were disingenuous regarding opening up the playbook for him, because those calls they dialed up for him could be seen with a toilet paper roll from space.
                                      Agree. Buchner hasn't been given a legitimate chance to show his passing ability. That's on the coaches.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post

                                        Agree. Buchner hasn't been given a legitimate chance to show his passing ability. That's on the coaches.
                                        Buchner probably isn't ready to face a collegiate defense. Remember, the kid has a single season as a QB and that was against pretty bad competition. I'm as high on his upside as anyone, but I highly doubt he is handling all that is being thrown his way. Its probably going to be a slow process giving him any type of real playbook.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by ND88 View Post

                                          I don’t disagree that Pyne should have gotten the start. But do we really know Buchner’s a one-trick pony though? The play-calling was absolutely abysmal when they put him in. It was like a clinic on how to squander a young QBs talent. In my opinion, the coaches were disingenuous regarding opening up the playbook for him, because those calls they dialed up for him could be seen with a toilet paper roll from space.
                                          I don't know if he's a one trick pony any more or less than you do. I guess my point is that's how the staff is treating him, thus how Cinci defended him. He's one dimensional right now by design. That's so stupid.

                                          Comment

                                          Adsense

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X