• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    CoTY

I mean... who else would it be?

Maybe Fickell?

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

Are you one of the guys that’s keeps yelling at me to sit down during the game?
      No. I like national titles though, having witnessed the last two. It’s pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShamrockOnHelmet View Post

No. I like national titles though, having witnessed the last two. It’s pretty good.
        Derp nAtIoNaL ChAmPiOnShIpS iz GoOd
        Prehistoric

Comment

Just being devils advocate; 15 years before THAT we set the bar at national titles…
          Not really. I mean, Nebraska had a run. Florida had a run then too. FSU as well. then Miami and USC. All of them now have coaches on hot seats. BK is doing amazing.
          Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishBoognish View Post

I mean... who else would it be?

Maybe Fickell?
            Mel Tucker, Dave Aranda, Dave Clawson, Patt Narduzzi and even Lane Kiffin are all probably top candidates. Maybe even Kirby Smart if they finish undefeated with the Title.
            .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• Damn him and his 5 straight 10 win seasons! Maybe we can still get Urban...

Comment

• Originally posted by phillyirish View Post

Mel Tucker, Dave Aranda, Dave Clawson, Patt Narduzzi and even Lane Kiffin are all probably top candidates. Maybe even Kirby Smart if they finish undefeated with the Title.
                Fickle, BK or Kirby

Comment

• Just want everyone to think twice and a third time about 5 straight 10+ win seasons. Literally never been done in ND history. One of if not the most storied program in CFB history and BK is winning games on a regular basis like none before him.

Yes we all want a Natty but damn it feels good to be a gangsta
                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Prob his most impressive season at ND given the challenges he has to face. That's just proof of the culture he's built here

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish8248 View Post
                      Prob his most impressive season at ND given the challenges he has to face. That's just proof of the culture he's built here
                      This whole season feels like a culture win.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Just being devils advocate; 15 years before THAT we set the bar at national titles…
                        lol, this is truly the epitome of fandom.

We've lost a large volume of players to injury and the draft, two major difference makers on D, turnstile at LT to start the season, yada yada, 3 QBs used, 5 healthy WRs, yada yada, 5 straight 10 win seasons and still in the CFP discussion and somehow, Kelly still hasn't done enough for some self-flagellating fans.

CBK is amongst the top 3-4 coaches in the game right now. We don't need an advocate for the devil, we need to discuss Kelly's divine nature.

Even if we get blown up in a playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

lol, this is truly the epitome of fandom.

We've lost a large volume of players to injury and the draft, two major difference makers on D, turnstile at LT to start the season, yada yada, 3 QBs used, 5 healthy WRs, yada yada, 5 straight 10 win seasons and still in the CFP discussion and somehow, Kelly still hasn't done enough for some self-flagellating fans.

CBK is amongst the top 3-4 coaches in the game right now. We don't need an advocate for the devil, we need to discuss Kelly's divine nature.

Even if we get blown up in a playoff game.
                          Lol. This is kind of sad.

Comment

• Since all the "big dogs" want him, he must be good

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                              Just want everyone to think twice and a third time about 5 straight 10+ win seasons. Literally never been done in ND history. One of if not the most storied program in CFB history and BK is winning games on a regular basis like none before him.

Yes we all want a Natty but damn it feels good to be a gangsta
                              I love me some BK and what he's done for the program, but you can't wear that fact like a badge of honor without the associate asterisk that is:

ND didn't start regularly playing 10 games per year until 1949. They didn't start regularly playing 11 games per year until 1973. They didn't start regularly playing 12 games a year until 1987. Kelly currently plays up to 13 games a year, assuming a bowl.

So yes - it's impressive, but it's also impressive*

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

This whole season feels like a culture win.
                                That’s because it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                  Since all the "big dogs" want him, he must be good
                                  I guess we are a little dog then. Maybe a medium dog.

Comment

• I am certain those at ESPN want Kelly to take another job because of the success ND has had recently. The whole, “they have hit their ceiling” narrative is tired and worn out. Just five years ago they were saying a coach couldn’t win consistently at ND.

Those not connected to ND are worried. Not for what can happen this year, but for the fact Kelly is seemingly awakening a potential giant. If Kelly wins a championship open the floodgates because kids are going to want on board. ESPN doesn’t want to talk about ND being a contender as it takes away from their product. The best way to ensure ND doesn’t win is to have Kelly take another job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
                                      I am certain those at ESPN want Kelly to take another job because of the success ND has had recently. The whole, “they have hit their ceiling” narrative is tired and worn out. Just five years ago they were saying a coach couldn’t win consistently at ND.

Those not connected to ND are worried. Not for what can happen this year, but for the fact Kelly is seemingly awakening a potential giant. If Kelly wins a championship open the floodgates because kids are going to want on board. ESPN doesn’t want to talk about ND being a contender as it takes away from their product. The best way to ensure ND doesn’t win is to have Kelly take another job.

Comment

• Originally posted by dankgesang View Post

Definitely a possibility. Lol

Comment

• I would have like him/us to have gotten luckier with the QB situation in his time at ND.

Comment

• These last five seasons have been very good. I think you'd find a lot of programs who would want to be in Notre Dame's position, especially any who have not been to the playoff and or won a National Championship.

Kelly has won more football games than any coach that the university has ever employed. All that's missing is the big ring. When you consider the era of the sport he's coached in, it's not entirely unbelievable he hasn't gotten one. Since Kelly has been at ND, 6 teams have won the National Championship. Alabama has done it 6 times. Saban's success there has gotten plenty of head coaches fired that have had a great deal of wins on their records versus losses, and many of those coaches have been dismissed within Saban's own conference.

I've long had my doubts about him and I never imagined they'd have this kind of long term recovery after that 2016 season. Really a great job on and off the field.
                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Lol. This is kind of sad.

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                              I love me some BK and what he's done for the program, but you can't wear that fact like a badge of honor without the associate asterisk that is:

ND didn't start regularly playing 10 games per year until 1949. They didn't start regularly playing 11 games per year until 1973. They didn't start regularly playing 12 games a year until 1987. Kelly currently plays up to 13 games a year, assuming a bowl.

You both seem like so much fun at parties......
                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

You both seem like so much fun at parties......
                                                If you mean being the guy who considers the whole story instead of just the slant, yeah. Guess so.

Comment

• I love how the negative Nancies talk about how "I like winning championships" but completely disregard all of the other intangibles that have come into the game of college football since '88.

Every single team now plays on a national stage, which was our lone advantage three decades ago, coupled with the fact that our talent pool is completely limited based on our standards compared to the blue blood programs that recruit the kids who "don't come here to play school." Not to mention how long the how long it took Brian Kelly to break through to the administration to upgrade our facilities into the 21st century while every other program was doing exactly that in the Willingham/Weis days.

These aren't excuses, these are facts. The work that BK has done to get this program to these heights, only to come up short against football factories like OSU, Clemson and Bama, is nothing short of remarkable.

Take a look in the mirror, go back 20 years when we were between Bob Davie and Ty Willingham and think about how much of a pipedream five straight ten win seasons would have seemed like.

And as previously mentioned, if the likes of LSU, USC, UF, etc. are rumored to be putting phone calls in to Brian Kelly's camp, clearly they don't agree that he has hit his "ceiling;" realize he is an anomaly when it comes to setting the bar at ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                    If you mean being the guy who considers the whole story instead of just the slant, yeah. Guess so.
                                                    I found your new home, good luck, they're a great crowd.

https://ndnation.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

You can talk about how Kelly benefits from playing more games, but he still has to win those games. More impressive.

Comment

• Ryan Day to USC confirmed

Comment

• To anyone who watched the presser-did he rule out the other jobs? I heard some hedging to what was a pretty direct question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

I found your new home, good luck, they're a great crowd.

https://ndnation.com/

they still can't admit we're a well coached team One of them posted a list of 24 coaches he's take over Kelly (24 because he posted there were "dozens" better and someone called him out in it)

And since then one of them is now available-Mullen. Yeah, lets fire Kelly and hire Dan Mullen.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                              To anyone who watched the presser-did he rule out the other jobs? I heard some hedging to what was a pretty direct question.
                                                              He specifically said “no”, he’s not going anywhere……..he said even if the fairy godmother came by with a $250MM check, he’d have to get his wife to check it out. This wasn’t at the press conference but it was after the fellas on Gameday said he should be a candidate for USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
                                                                I am certain those at ESPN want Kelly to take another job because of the success ND has had recently. The whole, “they have hit their ceiling” narrative is tired and worn out. Just five years ago they were saying a coach couldn’t win consistently at ND.

NIL is already a potential gamechanger for ND. National brand has so much more marketability than the regional nature of virtually every other school.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

He specifically said “no”, he’s not going anywhere……..he said even if the fairy godmother came by with a $250MM check, he’d have to get his wife to check it out. This wasn’t at the press conference but it was after the fellas on Gameday said he should be a candidate for USC.
                                                                  Yeah I rewatched it on youtube and he did rule it out. They other stuff he threw out appeared to be bad jokes. Typical Kelly where his jokes are almost indistinquishable from serious comments.

Comment

they still can't admit we're a well coached team One of them posted a list of 24 coaches he's take over Kelly (24 because he posted there were "dozens" better and someone called him out in it)

And since then one of them is now available-Mullen. Yeah, lets fire Kelly and hire Dan Mullen.
                                                                    I'll leave off Saban, Smart, Dabo and Day.

Kyle Whittingham
                                                                    Dan Mullen
                                                                    James Franklin
                                                                    Jim Harbaugh
                                                                    David Shaw
                                                                    Chris Petersen
                                                                    Bob Stoops
                                                                    Mario Christobal
                                                                    Kirk Ferentz
                                                                    PJ Fleck
                                                                    Mike Gundy
                                                                    Mark Stoops
                                                                    Mack Brown
                                                                    Jimbo Fisher
                                                                    Lane Kiffin
                                                                    Tom Herman
                                                                    Matt Campbell
                                                                    Jeff Brohm
                                                                    Paul Chryst
                                                                    Luke Fickell
                                                                    Pat Fitzgerald
                                                                    Lincoln Riley
                                                                    Mike Leach
                                                                    Dave Doeren
                                                                    That's the list. It's truly a horrible take...

Comment

• Maybe I need to actually get to know this across fella instead of shitting all over him for biting on my user name......... because that list is amazing.
                                                                      There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                        Maybe I need to actually get to know this across fella instead of shitting all over him for biting on my user name......... because that list is amazing.
                                                                        Wasn't ACross unfortunately...

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

Lol. It's terribly apparent these guys have never risen above the position of "regional manager", they have limited capacities. Bless his heart.

Comment

Wasn't ACross unfortunately...
                                                                            Across and NDNation are the same thing in my mind
                                                                            There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Yeah, lets fire Kelly and hire Dan Mullen.
                                                                              The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has limits.

I would agree with you that this is batshit bonkers stupid and if Jack Swarbick were to do it we'd know then and there he would need to be hospitalized.
                                                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

No Urban Meyer, eh? Maybe he's just drunk. I'm guessing stupid. Drunk and stupid sounds like a safe bet.

Tom Herman is an offensive analyst for the Chicago Bears, who have one of the dumbest head coaches in sports at the moment. Talk about ridiculous.

The Bob Stoops ship set sail twice. Move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has limits.

I would agree with you that this is batshit bonkers stupid and if Jack Swarbick were to do it we'd know then and there he would need to be hospitalized.
                                                                                  lol.....so true

Comment

Imagine being so stupid that you would take David Shaw, Dan Mullen, or Tom Herman to coach any CFB team -- much less ND *and* replace Kelly. Literally 0 IQ troglodyte.

Comment

• This really isn't rocket science. The only reason Kelly would leave to go anyplace else outside of doubling or tripling his salary would be the challenge. So you have to figure out, if rebuilding USC is more important to him than trying to win a NC at Notre Dame? Given what he's put into this program and where it currently is, I can't see him leaving for any other HC position.

Comment

• The only thing wrong with that list is that it’s missing Ty Willingham, who just needed a fair shot after all,…..

Comment

• but it does have that QB savant Paul Chryst who presumably would bring his latest phenom Graham Mertz.

Actually there are three guys on his list Kelly's already beaten this year and Shaw would make four.

Comment

• BK just built an amazing new house about a 8 minute walk from campus. It's beautiful/stunning. He waited until 10 years after starting his job. To me, that feels like an acknowledgement of "I've taken my last job, and this is where I'm going to retire."

Couple that with the best talent he has seen on both sides of the ball in 2021 with a chance for 2022 to be better still. As someone else said, the window looks like 2023/2024. He's not going anywhere.

Comment

• Well, ladies and gents... Let’s show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.

Can we get a mod to light this sh*t up and dead this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Mountains View Post
                                                                                                BK just built an amazing new house about a 8 minute walk from campus. It's beautiful/stunning. He waited until 10 years after starting his job. To me, that feels like an acknowledgement of "I've taken my last job, and this is where I'm going to retire."

Couple that with the best talent he has seen on both sides of the ball in 2021 with a chance for 2022 to be better still. As someone else said, the window looks like 2023/2024. He's not going anywhere.
                                                                                                This is funny because I don't want it to hurt

Comment

• These last couple of pages aged like fine wine. (Chefs kiss)

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Mountains View Post
                                                                                                    BK just built an amazing new house about a 8 minute walk from campus. It's beautiful/stunning. He waited until 10 years after starting his job. To me, that feels like an acknowledgement of "I've taken my last job, and this is where I'm going to retire."

Maybe the University will buy it and give it to Freeman.
                                                                                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by ND88 View Post
                                                                                                      Well, ladies and gents... Let’s show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.

Can we get a mod to light this sh*t up and dead this thread?
                                                                                                      No one can nuke this thread... just think how lit this place will be when BK losses to La Tech!!!

This thing is just too big man.... Let's say a random thread represents the normal amount of bullshit college football energy on Irish Envy. According to this morning's sample, THIS THREAD would be 35 feet long, weighing approximately 600 pounds.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X