Brian Kelly Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
    I love most of what Kelly had accomplished at ND. But this program is still a country mile from winning a national championship. Kelly doesn't win the big games and winning a title requires winning two in a row against the Bamas and Clemsons. The mountain is too high for Kelly to climb at this point in his career. I think I'm ready for an amicable transition away from Kelly, maybe Freeman in a year or two.
    As I stated I think Freeman can be a good defensive coordinator here. However the thought of him taking over as a head coach doesn’t even need to be addressed. He needs to learn that our d- line is the strength to this team and needs to play more than 3 lineman.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

I love most of what Kelly had accomplished at ND. But this program is still a country mile from winning a national championship. Kelly doesn't win the big games and winning a title requires winning two in a row against the Bamas and Clemsons. The mountain is too high for Kelly to climb at this point in his career. I think I'm ready for an amicable transition away from Kelly, maybe Freeman in a year or two.
      some AD said it best - whatever must be done eventually, should be done immediately. If you’ve decided BK really probably needs to go, just do it now, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShamrockOnHelmet View Post

some AD said it best - whatever must be done eventually, should be done immediately. If you’ve decided BK really probably needs to go, just do it now, IMO.
        Except it's usually not that simple. It's the only reason Kelly was still the coach after 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
          Except it's usually not that simple. It's the only reason Kelly was still the coach after 2017.
          Why isn’t it that simple? I think it IS really that simple.

Comment

I think we are only a good QB away from winning.
            That is why I say we get the best OC/QBC available.

Comment

Who do we hire though? I’m over BK but I literally can’t think of a coach I ‘ want ‘ who is realistic.

if you’re a coach. Do you pick USC or ND? I think 85/90% take USC

Comment

Besides the obvious "who would come here?" question (because yes, you have to have consent - this isn't Duke lacrosse. ALLEGEDLY)? You also have to consider who's available that ND would consider. In 2016 Fleck would have come, but we wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Then there's the whole financial aspect. Can we afford the buyout? Can we afford the new coach's demands? Can we afford both simultaneously?

So no. It's NOT that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                  Besides the obvious "who would come here?" question (because yes, you have to have consent - this isn't Duke lacrosse. ALLEGEDLY)? You also have to consider who's available that ND would consider. In 2016 Fleck would have come, but we wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Then there's the whole financial aspect. Can we afford the buyout? Can we afford the new coach's demands? Can we afford both simultaneously?

So no. It's NOT that simple.
                  We can afford it easily, do we want to is the question.
                  Congratulations to Brian Kelly for being Notre Dame's career leader in losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post

We can afford it easily, do we want to is the question.
                    This is a conversation for three years from now. The best established coaches aren't coming here because they want to win big. And you can't do that at ND. You can have nice teams here but there are always going to be several teams that will crush us

Saban and Meyer are both devout catholics. Saban would have laughed and Meyer said no.....twice. When feelers were sent out 5 years ago, only Dantonio, Narducci and Fleck were receptive. I actually like Fleck but I guess he likes women and that isn't allowed at ND. The other two? Yikes.

Years ago, it got leaked that the coach Swarbrick had in mind if 'what happens if my coach gets run over by a bus' was Al Golden.

Bob Stoops was interested years ago but wanted a chance to, you know, win by having 3-5 borderline guys who were difference makers. ND flatly refused. What are you going to do? ND isn't serious about winning so serious coaches aren't going to come here. You have to take a chance on a younger up and comer and hope he does the best he can.

Who would come now? Maybe Matt Campbell, Jeff Brohm, Clark Lea. They might just promote an assistant

The standard now it seems by the University and fans is just to be better than Weis, Willingham and Davie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

This is a conversation for three years from now. The best established coaches aren't coming here because they want to win big. And you can't do that at ND. You can have nice teams here but there are always going to be several teams that will crush us

Saban and Meyer are both devout catholics. Saban would have laughed and Meyer said no.....twice. When feelers were sent out 5 years ago, only Dantonio, Narducci and Fleck were receptive. I actually like Fleck but I guess he likes women and that isn't allowed at ND. The other two? Yikes.

Years ago, it got leaked that the coach Swarbrick had in mind if 'what happens if my coach gets run over by a bus' was Al Golden.

Bob Stoops was interested years ago but wanted a chance to, you know, win by having 3-5 borderline guys who were difference makers. ND flatly refused. What are you going to do? ND isn't serious about winning so serious coaches aren't going to come here. You have to take a chance on a younger up and comer and hope he does the best he can.

Who would come now? Maybe Matt Campbell, Jeff Brohm, Clark Lea. They might just promote an assistant

The standard now it seems by the University and fans is just to be better than Weis, Willingham and Davie.
                      Serious question, do you have inside knowledge on this stuff (and know for sure it’s all correct) or do you just cobble it together from Internet forums?
                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• To the people who are stating that BK needs to go right now, what would your realistic plan be to accomplish that? Fire him now or end of season?
                        MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

I'd usually agree but Kelly deserves more respect than that. He's earned it. Hopefully he'll know how to step away when it's time, but his ego may get in the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealLynch51 View Post
                            To the people who are stating that BK needs to go right now, what would your realistic plan be to accomplish that? Fire him now or end of season?
                            I'm not sat ng I'm ready to get rid of him now, but I'd like to think there is a transition plan forming.

Comment

• Beginning to realize the best QB on the team is the 2nd string and the best coach is the next one. I believe we are strongly in the second tier and closing in on the top tier if our next two classes can hold together. We still have a chance to go 10-2 or 11-1 and get a great bowl game in a “rebuilding year”. We are having a much better year than Clemson which everyone feels is in the top tier and we are once again calling for BK’s head.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Serious question, do you have inside knowledge on this stuff (and know for sure it’s all correct) or do you just cobble it together from Internet forums?
                                I don't have inside knowledge. It's information that I have gathered over the years from people who have inside knowledge, as well as premium sites, private boards and podcasts.

Comment

To the people who are stating that BK needs to go right now, what would your realistic plan be to accomplish that? Fire him now or end of season?
                                  I don't think anybody is seriously calling for Kelly's removal. I vent probably the loudest on here but even I think that is a ridiculous take.

It's just frustrating because Kelly doesn't hire the best staffing candidates possible and after 12 years, we should have a well oiled machine on offense and the qb position.

Comment

I don't have inside knowledge. It's information that I have gathered over the years from people who have inside knowledge, as well as premium sites, private boards and podcasts.
                                    I figured.
                                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

My point is that ND has avoided the WTF loss (save for 2019 Michigan). ND got the best of Clemson in South Bend, tip of the cap on capitalizing on that opportunity, but right or wrong, it comes with an asterisk. ND has not played any other tier 1B teams over that time. Some of the other schools in the same tier of ND has and have won.

I am thrilled to not have the losses, trust me on that. But I think the stat ignores the lack of top tier wins (schedule driven).
                                      I got hated on for this take last week and by suggesting Wisconsin may not have been all that good. Well, one week later, we have another top 10 loss and Wisconsin got trounced at home.

This isn't a hate on BK post either. Just to point out that when people talk about the 10 win seasons, only losing against top teams, etc....that ND has not had many top tier wins either. Saturday was an opportunity to fix that narrative and, by and large, ND should have won but made some questionable calls and had some mental lapses (of which I put on the coaches shoulders). We don't need to call for BK's head, that's wayyyyyy over the top. But we also need to realize that, for whatever reason, we come up short against top 10 teams far too consistently. The program is in a fantastic spot all things considered, but that doesn't mean it's in the best spot that it could be.

Comment

I don't think anybody is seriously calling for Kelly's removal. I vent probably the loudest on here but even I think that is a ridiculous take.

It's just frustrating because Kelly doesn't hire the best staffing candidates possible and after 12 years, we should have a well oiled machine on offense and the qb position.
                                        That's a fair take. And I agree to some point. Friend hires and QB development have been the weak points of his tenure. Mix in spotty recruiting from his assistants (and BK himself not getting involved with top guys) at times, and we get to the point we are at currently. I personally have come to the realization that ND will never get back to the days of yore without a new coach at some point. I just don't know who's out there to get ND to the next level that will actually come here. If ND ever wins a championship again, BK deserves a mini statue on campus somewhere. Like a gnome-esque 2 foot statue. Just for modernizing the program and having things set up great for whatever coach comes in post BK.
                                        MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

That's a fair take. And I agree to some point. Friend hires and QB development have been the weak points of his tenure. Mix in spotty recruiting from his assistants (and BK himself not getting involved with top guys) at times, and we get to the point we are at currently. I personally have come to the realization that ND will never get back to the days of yore without a new coach at some point. I just don't know who's out there to get ND to the next level that will actually come here. If ND ever wins a championship again, BK deserves a mini statue on campus somewhere. Like a gnome-esque 2 foot statue. Just for modernizing the program and having things set up great for whatever coach comes in post BK.
                                          Not yet.... Win a playoff game and maybe. Right now a plaque and a watch made out of coal is absolutely deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                                            Not yet.... Win a playoff game and maybe. Right now a plaque and a watch made out of coal is absolutely deserved.
                                            Counter point: If BK wins a playoff game, then they have enough talent to win the whole damn thing. Which would require an actual big statue.
                                            MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

I got hated on for this take last week and by suggesting Wisconsin may not have been all that good. Well, one week later, we have another top 10 loss and Wisconsin got trounced at home.
                                              A lack of killer instinct. I think Kelly needs to find a way to eradicate this excuse of a mindset: Every team brings their A game versus Notre Dame. Who flippin’ cares? This breeds the mentality that every opponent is good that Notre Dame plays, and that’s simply not the case. The team should be absolutely bored with wins against Toledo and Purdue. And jacked to destroy teams that are actual competition. Instead, every game is a contest. Psychologically, that seems like it has to jade the process a bit. ND should be of the mindset to bury teams. It took a special teams miracle and Freeman’s defense to stack points against Wisconsin. Otherwise, you could bet Kelly would have told Rees to go vanilla on the play clock and run out the time.

Comment

• I'll take Kelly over Dabo
                                                I'll also take anyone over Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                  I'll take Kelly over Dabo
                                                  I'll also take anyone over Quinn
                                                  Dabo wins big games so I would take him easily.

Quinn, agreed.

Comment

Clemson doesn’t have a well oiled machine on offense, neither does Georgia, who hasn’t for years. Ohio State doesn’t have a well oiled machine on defense. Oklahoma couldn’t field a defense until last year, and now they have QB questions. I really don’t understand this expectation to be Alabama basically. Is the offense up to a minimum standard this year? Hell no, but the fact that a essentially fire BK thread gets bumped everytime we don’t look like Alabama on both sides is ridiculous.

Comment

• So many bad takes in here the last few days.

This was always going to be a transition year, it would have taken some luck to get to the playoff and even then there was no way we'd stand up to Alabama or Georgia. 10 wins is still doable, but it depends on who we put under center.

I think under normal circumstances we could win with any of these QBs, but not in the current shape of the OL. Given the OL situation it has to be Pyne or Buckner because they add escapability. I really like Coan, but he would have worked better last year or in prior years where the line was strong. I feel a bit bad if he's gonna get benched through no fault of his own, but at the very least he got some revenge against his old team and I'm sure scouts will see his skills and take the OL into account.

I've got no problem with what Tommy and Kelly have done given the circumstances. I haven't been impressed with Quinn or Alexander. Both position groups are struggling, our TE is the most consistent receiving threat we have, nobody else regularly finds ways to get open and make plays although Davis does on occasion. Coaches have to coach, but at some point guys have to execute. The INTs, the fumble on the kick return, the easy drop by Austin, those guys have to avoid the costly mistakes. Credit Cincinnati for playing mostly mistake free, although that does tend to happen with teams that get 2 weeks to prepare.

Everyone ready to let BK go again, I've got news for you: BK is currently still the best coach for ND at this time. Until you can show me a legit candidate that is better AND is going to leave his current gig for South Bend it would be a really bad move to can Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                        So many bad takes in here the last few days.

This was always going to be a transition year, it would have taken some luck to get to the playoff and even then there was no way we'd stand up to Alabama or Georgia. 10 wins is still doable, but it depends on who we put under center.

I think under normal circumstances we could win with any of these QBs, but not in the current shape of the OL. Given the OL situation it has to be Pyne or Buckner because they add escapability. I really like Coan, but he would have worked better last year or in prior years where the line was strong. I feel a bit bad if he's gonna get benched through no fault of his own, but at the very least he got some revenge against his old team and I'm sure scouts will see his skills and take the OL into account.

I've got no problem with what Tommy and Kelly have done given the circumstances. I haven't been impressed with Quinn or Alexander. Both position groups are struggling, our TE is the most consistent receiving threat we have, nobody else regularly finds ways to get open and make plays although Davis does on occasion. Coaches have to coach, but at some point guys have to execute. The INTs, the fumble on the kick return, the easy drop by Austin, those guys have to avoid the costly mistakes. Credit Cincinnati for playing mostly mistake free, although that does tend to happen with teams that get 2 weeks to prepare.

Everyone ready to let BK go again, I've got news for you: BK is currently still the best coach for ND at this time. Until you can show me a legit candidate that is better AND is going to leave his current gig for South Bend it would be a really bad move to can Kelly.
                                                        This times a thousand. Anyone thinking BK should go or isnt a good coach is being emotional. Did you really expect Notre Dame to go 12-0 this year. This was a top ten team. Not very good but this team will develop for next year.
                                                        God Country Notre Dame
                                                        http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

I'm not sat ng I'm ready to get rid of him now, but I'd like to think there is a transition plan forming.
                                                          I find your post rather amusing given your forum name.

Comment

This isn't a hate on BK post either. Just to point out that when people talk about the 10 win seasons, only losing against top teams, etc....that ND has not had many top tier wins either. Saturday was an opportunity to fix that narrative and, by and large, ND should have won but made some questionable calls and had some mental lapses (of which I put on the coaches shoulders). We don't need to call for BK's head, that's wayyyyyy over the top. But we also need to realize that, for whatever reason, we come up short against top 10 teams far too consistently. The program is in a fantastic spot all things considered, but that doesn't mean it's in the best spot that it could be.
                                                            I guess beating Clemson last year doesn't count? Even minus TL, they were a more loaded talented team than ND.

Comment

This site is an absolute dumpster fire rn. Not an "intelligent ND football discussion" at all, it's an emotional meltdown.

BK isn't going anywhere. We lost to a top 10 team, and a damn good one. Anyone here who thought this was a CFP caliber team, that's your own damn fault for either getting your hopes up and not paying attention, or just not having a high football IQ.

I still think 9-3/10-2 is attainable and a damn fine season considering we replaced our all time winningest QB and 4/5 starters on the OL, as well as the nations top LB and a boat-load of other defensive players.

You don't replace as many starters as we did on both sides of the ball and run the table unless you're Alabama and...nope, that's the list. Can't help you if you have unrealistic expectations. It's fine to be mad on Saturday night, give it 24 hours, but to be calling for BK's job with the state of the program, especially these past 4-5 seasons...just irrational.
                                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• I wish this thread would just go away - yet here I am reading/posting in it...

Calling for BK to go is just absurd. During the time this thread has been in existence a majority of the names of possible replacements have failed to have the same amount of success as BK - and some of them have crashed and burned. It's comical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

I guess beating Clemson last year doesn't count? Even minus TL, they were a more loaded talented team than ND.
                                                                  With all due respect, this isn't a good characterization of what Clemson was missing in that game. They were also down Skalski, Tyler Davis, another starting linebacker and Bresee by the end.

If, say, UNC had beaten us in overtime last year at Chapel Hill, and we were without Book, JOK and MTA, and they were holding that up as a "top tier" win, we would think that was pretty cringey shit on their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by dankgesang View Post

With all due respect, this isn't a good characterization of what Clemson was missing in that game. They were also down Skalski, Tyler Davis, another starting linebacker and Bresee by the end.

If, say, UNC had beaten us in overtime last year at Chapel Hill, and we were without Book, JOK and MTA, and they were holding that up as a "top tier" win, we would think that was pretty cringey shit on their part.
                                                                    Fair enough but ND was still a 6-10 point home underdog (depending on which bookmaker you chose) despite Clemson’s injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by dankgesang View Post

Notre Dame was also without Austin, Patterson, and I believe Lenzy for that game. Everyone wants to downplay the Clemson game because Lawrence was out. To me it showed (as is this year) that without a Lawrence or Watson, Clemson and ND are not that far apart. Notre Dame these last four years with one of those guys at QB would have been capable of beating anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

I didn't say they lacked "any" top tier wins, just that they don't have many, which is largely schedule driven. So when the time comes when you have a top 10 game, you need to win. For the most part, ND hast lost those games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

This site is an absolute dumpster fire rn. Not an "intelligent ND football discussion" at all, it's an emotional meltdown.
                                                                          This times 1000000000000000000000000000000000.

Sometimes I feel like I'm at NDNation.

Did ND shit the bed against Cincinnati? Absolutely.. And we can dissect the game 1000 different ways. Fact is, they lost. And the fact is, we ALL knew that this years team wasn't going to compete for a playoff spot, and if they did? They completely overachieved. There were too many things to overcome.... BUT, the shit I'm reading right now is amazing.

Notre Dame isn't Alabama (and no one else is)and reload with 5 star talent every season. Hell, Clemson without Trevor Lawrence seems to have hit the wall. Ohio State for all the talent they get every year, seems to not be the same team we're used to seeing. These things happen to normal programs (outside of bama).

A lot of you need to chill the F out and look towards Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Sounds like it’s Pyne Time.

Comment

• I could go for an overhaul of the offensive staff. I do not think Kelly should be fired. That's a knee jerk reaction to a loss.

He needs to find a young OC who is an innovative play caller and balls out recruiter. Get a QB coach who is the same. If it is the same guy, great. Jeff Quinn doesn't need to be here anymore. He hung out as an analyst for years waiting for Hiestand to leave and I assume no other schools wanted him during that time. Too comfy.

Right now I'd keep Lance Taylor and everyone else I'm totally indifferent about.
                                                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                                I could go for an overhaul of the offensive staff. I do not think Kelly should be fired. That's a knee jerk reaction to a loss.

He needs to find a young OC who is an innovative play caller and balls out recruiter. Get a QB coach who is the same. If it is the same guy, great. Jeff Quinn doesn't need to be here anymore. He hung out as an analyst for years waiting for Hiestand to leave and I assume no other schools wanted him during that time. Too comfy.

Right now I'd keep Lance Taylor and everyone else I'm totally indifferent about.
                                                                                This is where I'm at too. Replacing head coaches is a cluster. Kelly = stability and a decent floor. However, the nepotism has to stop. They went out and outbid LSU for Freeman, who was #1 on everyone's board for D coordinators. Do the same thing for an O coordinator and an O line coach and then we're in business.
                                                                                Formerly known as Kellyisit

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                                                                                  This is where I'm at too. Replacing head coaches is a cluster. Kelly = stability and a decent floor. However, the nepotism has to stop. They went out and outbid LSU for Freeman, who was #1 on everyone's board for D coordinators. Do the same thing for an O coordinator and an O line coach and then we're in business.
                                                                                  We're being very selective here in what counts as lazy nepotism by Kelly. Diaco followed Kelly from Cinci, and 2012 doesn't happen without his defense.Elston also followed Kelly from Cinci, and has turned our DL into a source of stability and excellent over the last 11 years. Promoting Clark Lea to DC was very risky, and he surely would have gotten crucified for it as an uninspired hire... except that Lea turned out to be even better than Elko.

Conversely, the outside hires haven't all been hits either. Chip Long was such an asshole that the players were on the verge of a mass walk-out when he was fired.

Staffing is hard, especially for a job as weird and demanding as CFB coach. Kelly's certainly not above criticism, but his hiring philosophy has paid off more than its hurt us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

We're being very selective here in what counts as lazy nepotism by Kelly. Diaco followed Kelly from Cinci, and 2012 doesn't happen without his defense.Elston also followed Kelly from Cinci, and has turned our DL into a source of stability and excellent over the last 11 years. Promoting Clark Lea to DC was very risky, and he surely would have gotten crucified for it as an uninspired hire... except that Lea turned out to be even better than Elko.

Conversely, the outside hires haven't all been hits either. Chip Long was such an asshole that the players were on the verge of a mass walk-out when he was fired.

Staffing is hard, especially for a job as weird and demanding as CFB coach. Kelly's certainly not above criticism, but his hiring philosophy has paid off more than its hurt us.
                                                                                    Freeman also is best friends with a coach who was already on staff, coached at BKs former school, coached at Purdue which I’m sure has a link to someone, coached with Denbrock.

Its not Rees level close but Freeman was in BKs maybe not smaller circle but medium circle

Comment

• Originally posted by anarin View Post

This times 1000000000000000000000000000000000.

Sometimes I feel like I'm at NDNation.

Did ND shit the bed against Cincinnati? Absolutely.. And we can dissect the game 1000 different ways. Fact is, they lost. And the fact is, we ALL knew that this years team wasn't going to compete for a playoff spot, and if they did? They completely overachieved. There were too many things to overcome.... BUT, the shit I'm reading right now is amazing.

Notre Dame isn't Alabama (and no one else is)and reload with 5 star talent every season. Hell, Clemson without Trevor Lawrence seems to have hit the wall. Ohio State for all the talent they get every year, seems to not be the same team we're used to seeing. These things happen to normal programs (outside of bama).

A lot of you need to chill the F out and look towards Virginia Tech.
                                                                                      I don't know what to say. If you don't want to drink from the skulls of every team on the schedule, then I can't help you.

Comment

I don't know what to say. If you don't want to drink from the skulls of every team on the schedule, then I can't help you.
                                                                                        If you're this miserable after a single loss to a damn good top 10 opponent, I would've hated to read your posts from the Weis era.
                                                                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

Yeah, I agree with this 100%. Kelly had to really dig deep and reassess where the program was after that 4-8 season. Hiring Elko and Long were very good moves at the time. The Lea hire was a huge unknown at the time and all that happened was the defesne played very well and the guy got an HC job at Vanderbilt.

I did not like the Quinn and Rees hires. I still don't. I thought the TE coach hire was weak too.

I think the nepotism ended when he went with Elko and Long. Quinn is more of a recent outlier whereas the hires like Van Gorder and Gilmore were trends at the time. Lyght and Denson were alumni hires that had no history with Kelly. Rees is an alumni hire that was recruited by Weis but played his entire career FOR Kelly. I honestly believe the less degrees of separation a guy has with Kelly's previous resume is a good thing when hiring assistants and I would really only consider former players unless they were proven articles. Right now I don't really know who is out there other than Stockton and Crum, who are both DC, and it doesn't appear Freeman is going anywhere. Denson became an HC and I am not sure where Lyght is now, but I think the point is they need to use the reach they have with the ND brand and this "winning culture" to bring in people who are going to hit the ground running. Especially on the offensive side of the ball.

I would agree however that Kelly did a solid audit after that trainwreck of a season and has extended his hiring reach compared to when he first got here. The Grand Valley State tree isn't bearing fruit anymore and I think he realizes that.
                                                                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

If you're this miserable after a single loss to a damn good top 10 opponent, I would've hated to read your posts from the Weis era.
                                                                                            Those teams were licking their own shit from their shoes, let alone drinking from the skulls of their opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Freeman also is best friends with a coach who was already on staff, coached at BKs former school, coached at Purdue which I’m sure has a link to someone, coached with Denbrock.

Its not Rees level close but Freeman was in BKs maybe not smaller circle but medium circle
                                                                                              Freeman was the #1 guy out there and we had to outbid LSU for him. Neither Quinn or Rees would have sniffed an SEC type job if we didn’t promote them. Let’s also not forget him letting go of his good buddy Longo. The S&C took a step up when he brought in an outside guy in Balis.

Comment

i vent for a day and a half after a loss. The night of and the next day. I'm over it now.

I live in the south. It just means more down here. For example, we say that there are three things that are best in life:

Crush the enemies
                                                                                                See them driven before you
                                                                                                And to hear the lamentations of their women

Anything less just leaves us crestfallen.

Comment

i vent for a day and a half after a loss. The night of and the next day. I'm over it now.

I live in the south. It just means more down here. For example, we say that there are three things that are best in life:

Crush the enemies

So it just means more to you because you’ve been trolling the board more than you normally do for the last 48 hours? Weird flex

Comment

Crush the enemies

Except the time you got your ass handed to you and then spent the next 160 years building monuments, statues and flying flags as remembrance to that ass whipping.

You’d think you would want to forget about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

So it just means more to you because you’ve been trolling the board more than you normally do for the last 48 hours? Weird flex
                                                                                                      I don't troll the board, Dale. At least not intentionally. I do vent and everyone knows that. Sometimes I try to be funny(posting a video of a steaming pile of poo) or ironic(UT dropping 62 on Mizzou or Freeman pining back for Cincy).

But one thing I will never do is attack any of you guys. I like you guys and this board. Even when I'm attacked, I ignore it.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X