No announcement yet.

Brian Kelly Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to see Kelly and Rees implement that fun and fun hurry up that he ran at Cincinnati. I know it will never happen, but I would love it.

Comment

• Love the Freeman hire. More important than Tommy doing this or Tommy not doing that now? Bring in a boat load of analysts and expand the recruiting staff, substantially. Let's start playing fire with fire instead of waving a tissue at the flame.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankeeND View Post
        I would love to see Kelly and Rees implement that fun and fun hurry up that he ran at Cincinnati. I know it will never happen, but I would love it.
        If Venables is stealing signs it would certainly benefit us to run more hurry up to limit their adjustments prior to the snap. Seems like we got away from running the occasional tempo series after Long came in.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
          The old adage about a chef “only being as good as his ingredients” seems to apply. For a first year OC, I thought Rees did a good job working with he had. I also think there is room for improvement. Inextricably year could be rough for him though.
          Rees did a really good job of building an identity and leaning on his playmakers. He also had a few games where he got into a really nice playcalling groove and put his guys in positions to make big plays with scheme, rather than just letting them be better than the guys across from them (though he did that when appropriate, too).

His next step is to get away from the BK "stubborn in our intent to do something specific" thing. He needs to be a bit more flexible, and figure out how to incorporate more play-action and misdirection stuff. The screen to Tyree early against Bama was good, and something they had used and built towards throughout the season.

But the way they were using crossers all year, as well as their elaborate jet motion packages, should have lent themselves to more shots down the seam, or even a throwback or two, but they didn't really try to get overly creative... and that was a problem, because having a 5th year QB that can bail you out with his legs is the EXACT time to get weird.

My other gripe is over-reliance on running all-curls on 3rd-and-medium. There were a lot of plays late in the year where Book is scrambling around trying to make something work, but he's got three receivers sitting down on curl routes and no outlet. Hopefully their deployment of Kyren in the passing game against Bama is a building block to solve some of those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
            Rees did a really good job of building an identity and leaning on his playmakers. He also had a few games where he got into a really nice playcalling groove and put his guys in positions to make big plays with scheme, rather than just letting them be better than the guys across from them (though he did that when appropriate, too).

His next step is to get away from the BK "stubborn in our intent to do something specific" thing. He needs to be a bit more flexible, and figure out how to incorporate more play-action and misdirection stuff. The screen to Tyree early against Bama was good, and something they had used and built towards throughout the season.

But the way they were using crossers all year, as well as their elaborate jet motion packages, should have lent themselves to more shots down the seam, or even a throwback or two, but they didn't really try to get overly creative... and that was a problem, because having a 5th year QB that can bail you out with his legs is the EXACT time to get weird.

My other gripe is over-reliance on running all-curls on 3rd-and-medium. There were a lot of plays late in the year where Book is scrambling around trying to make something work, but he's got three receivers sitting down on curl routes and no outlet. Hopefully their deployment of Kyren in the passing game against Bama is a building block to solve some of those things.
            I hope Tommy pulls out the Ďol 3rd down pooch punt. Really catch the D off guard...

Comment

• Could Kelly be looking to upgrade the WR coaching position? Alexander was a Long guy, and I canít say Iíve been impressed by the development of the receivers in recent years.

In addition to the position coaching, you can maybe get some fresh ideas in there to add to the passing attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish_I_HadHair View Post
                Could Kelly be looking to upgrade the WR coaching position? Alexander was a Long guy, and I canít say Iíve been impressed by the development of the receivers in recent years.

In addition to the position coaching, you can maybe get some fresh ideas in there to add to the passing attack.
                Interesting take and good possibility, plus haven't heard too much of him on the recruiting front. Ohio St. is killing it on the trail with Hartline.
                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Could Kelly be looking to upgrade the WR coaching position? Alexander was a Long guy, and I canít say Iíve been impressed by the development of the receivers in recent years.

Are you saying "We are slow, Alexander must go?"

Yeah, I might be in favor of that. Gotta do a better job getting our talent on the field at that position.

Comment

• Man, what a move. A college football team, Alabama, just signed a former NFL General Manager and Head Coach to be its offensive coordinator. Recent history hasn't been as kind to him as a couple of years ago but that's still a big, swinging dick move on Saban's part.

I like Freeman and we carved out a bigger presence for ourselves because of that, so I'm not complaining at all. What I'm saying is that combine that with tOSU having four assistant coaches making over $1million/yr and you see what it takes to be consistently good at this level unless things change considerably.

We have got to absolutely nail every hire just to stay as far behind these teams as we are. If Jeff Lurie calls this year, what's Kelly going to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                      I hope Tommy pulls out the Ďol 3rd down pooch punt. Really catch the D off guard...
                      There was actually one game where I was begging for Ian Book to punt the football when they were lined up on a 4th down... but now I can't remember, and maybe I'm conflating it with another team I was frustrated at.

Comment

Who knows? I havenít really looked into this. Couldnít you make the case that he had a lot to do w/ developing Boykin, Claypool & McKinley? All three of these guys had fallen short of their expectations until Alexander got here. When Finke (whom he inherited as a walk-on) was healthy, he was reliable. I canít blame Alexander for Austinís suspension & two years of injuries. Same goes for Lenzy & Keys. If Devonta Smith can be durable enough at 170 lbs (allegedly), then why is Lenzy & Keys always hurt and been criticized as not durable enough? Doesnít that reflect more on S&C?

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                          Interesting take and good possibility, plus haven't heard too much of him on the recruiting front. Ohio St. is killing it on the trail with Hartline.
                          He was rated the 39th best recruiter in the nation in 2021 as well as our second highest rated behind only Quinn. I cant remember which thread it was but I went back and looked at every one of BK's recruiting classes and this is easily the highest rated bunch of WR brought in. So Del deserves some kudos as far as recruiting goes (this year at least).
                          Last edited by NDdomer2; 01-12-2021, 11:51 AM.
                          Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                            Who knows? I havenít really looked into this. Couldnít you make the case that he had a lot to do w/ developing Boykin, Claypool & McKinley? All three of these guys had fallen short of their expectations until Alexander got here. When Finke (whom he inherited as a walk-on) was healthy, he was reliable. I canít blame Alexander for Austinís suspension & two years of injuries. Same goes for Lenzy & Keys. If Devonta Smith can be durable enough at 170 lbs (allegedly), then why is Lenzy & Keys always hurt and been criticized as not durable enough? Doesnít that reflect more on S&C?
                            Heís been here 4 years. So, he had Claypool for 3 years and Boykin 2. Itís hard to say they ďunderachievedĒ before him. And those two examples actually support my cause. They both entered the NFL as unpolished receivers who shocked NFL personnel men by how well they performed at the combine.

You can point to another guy like Jaelen Strong he coached at Arizona State who was drafted on his traits, but categorized as a below-average route runner with inconsistent hands.

Comment

He’s been here 4 years. So, he had Claypool for 3 years and Boykin 2. It’s hard to say they “underachieved” before him. And those two examples actually support my cause. They both entered the NFL as unpolished receivers who shocked NFL personnel men by how well they performed at the combine.

You can point to another guy like Jaelen Strong he coached at Arizona State who was drafted on his traits, but categorized as a below-average route runner with inconsistent hands.
                              I don’t have strong feelings one way or the other on Del, but I can’t really agree with your perspective here. I care more about getting production out of our WR’s than I do about building them into polished NFL ready players. Production is what we got out of Miles and Chase. As for 2020, I was surprised we got as much as we did out of Javon and Ben. They simply didn’t have the speed or separation ability to beat the top defenses we played, and against Clemson pt 2 and Bama we didn’t even utilize their best assets- being able to win 50/50 battles with their size. I blame Book and possibly Tommy for that more than I blame Del. If he is here and has a healthy WR core in 2021, we should be able to see what he’s bringing to the table a little more clearly. Also, the WR recruiting looks like it has been trending up in recent years although we are yet to see that talent on display.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                He was rated the 39th best recruiter in the nation in 2021 as well as our second highest rated behind only Quinn. I cant remember which thread it was but I went back and looked at every one of BK's recruiting classes and this is easily the highest rated bunch of WR brought in. So Del deserves some kudos as far as recruiting goes (this year at least).
                                Guess that's a good point. Don't hear much on him from the recruits take I suppose.
                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• In time I think we'll look back and see how bad the WR group was this year, and be satisfied with going 11-2 with an elite win against Clemson. I don't think we'll ever field a team of WRs like this in the next decade. Couple that with Book's limitations and inability in the pocket, and it will sit well with us.

But man, those last 2 games in real time felt like the offensive play calling wasn't even trying.

Comment

• I wonder if Brian Kelly reads the observer?

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2021/02/ad...k-your-poison/

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                      I wonder if Brian Kelly reads the observer?

BK and Rees already said it will be a wide open competition for the starting QB job; Coan is not the assumed starter everyone believes he is. I would argue he is the betting favorite, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

The '22 schedule is far more daunting than the '21 slate, and I think it is silly to ask them to do anything that would jeopardize a post-season birth this year with a trip to Columbus and another date with Clemson on the same schedule in 2022.

I understand what he is trying to say, but if we aren't trying to "win now" what are we even doing here.... Coan will start if he earns it, IMO, and hopefully Buchner gets more opportunities late in games than Pyne and Clark have in years past.
                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

First world problems. Movin' on up in the world, boys.

Comment

I don't see how taking a transfer at quarterback, or any position for that matter, is a bad thing. It is especially important when the players have little to no experience at the position. I am absolutely sure the coaches want any one of Buchner, Pyne or Clark to be the starter after earning it in practice, because that could bode well for the teams future success.

On the other hand, if they aren't able to take over the starting role, the coaches have put themselves in position to have an experienced quarterback on the roster they can fall back on.

Just because someone transfers in doesn't automatically mean they will be starting. Pryor is an example of this just from the 2020 season.

Comment

There's a better chance that the observer writers read IE

Comment

• I have thought for the last 2-3 years that Kelly just seems worn out and tired from it all. Maybe I'm wrong. The last few times I've seen him publicly, which were after the Clemson and Alabama games as well as last week on NLOI Day; he seems aggrevated and doesn't want to answer questions that I consider viable with regards to what the program needs to do in order to reach the mountaintop.

They seem resigned to their fate of being at base camp one and if they don't get to the summit, it's okay.

It's just a weird signal he's giving off lately. Maybe it is my perception of it. Am I alone?
                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                I have thought for the last 2-3 years that Kelly just seems worn out and tired from it all. Maybe I'm wrong. The last few times I've seen him publicly, which were after the Clemson and Alabama games as well as last week on NLOI Day; he seems aggrevated and doesn't want to answer questions that I consider viable with regards to what the program needs to do in order to reach the mountaintop.

They seem resigned to their fate of being at base camp one and if they don't get to the summit, it's okay.

It's just a weird signal he's giving off lately. Maybe it is my perception of it. Am I alone?
                                                Someone posted on another thread that he appears to be in a better mood when he is talking to the national journalists but appears to be shorter as of late with the local beat. I would agree with your comments that he seems more aggravated when he's talking to the local folks, probably just sick of the routine.
                                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

I have thought for the last 2-3 years that Kelly just seems worn out and tired from it all. Maybe I'm wrong. The last few times I've seen him publicly, which were after the Clemson and Alabama games as well as last week on NLOI Day; he seems aggrevated and doesn't want to answer questions that I consider viable with regards to what the program needs to do in order to reach the mountaintop.

I get it, but his actions don't really match 'worst case scenario' worries.

If he were resigned to accepting the current ceiling of the program (12-0 when things break right, but still not good enough to beat Bama or Clemson), he wouldn't have gone out and battled LSU for Freeman. He would've made an easier hire after the initial drama, and Freeman would be in the rearview.

And honestly, I think ND grabbing Jack Coan from the portal is another sign that he knows they're on the cusp, and means to keep banging on the door. Coan his a high-floor, low-ceiling guy. A different player than Ian Book, but can provide similar results if you take care of business on the OL and on defense.

They probably know that Pyne isn't a game-wrecker, and they can't risk putting all their eggs in the Buchner basket immediately... so they grab a QB that can manage things for a very talented but inexperienced roster, and hope that it provides enough stability to win 10+ again, maybe more if they hit the lottery at WR somehow.

TL;DR
                                                  You don't get into a bidding war for Freeman or take Jack Coan as an insurance policy for the offense if you don't think you can reload and win a bunch again, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                    I get it, but his actions don't really match 'worst case scenario' worries.

If he were resigned to accepting the current ceiling of the program (12-0 when things break right, but still not good enough to beat Bama or Clemson), he wouldn't have gone out and battled LSU for Freeman. He would've made an easier hire after the initial drama, and Freeman would be in the rearview.

And honestly, I think ND grabbing Jack Coan from the portal is another sign that he knows they're on the cusp, and means to keep banging on the door. Coan his a high-floor, low-ceiling guy. A different player than Ian Book, but can provide similar results if you take care of business on the OL and on defense.

They probably know that Pyne isn't a game-wrecker, and they can't risk putting all their eggs in the Buchner basket immediately... so they grab a QB that can manage things for a very talented but inexperienced roster, and hope that it provides enough stability to win 10+ again, maybe more if they hit the lottery at WR somehow.

TL;DR
                                                    You don't get into a bidding war for Freeman or take Jack Coan as an insurance policy for the offense if you don't think you can reload and win a bunch again, IMO.
                                                    The commentary he has made recently regarding recruiting really concerns me most. Last week he basically introduced his assistant coaches and didn't take any questions on Signing Day. Granted, all of the action took place in December for ND, but it still felt like a kind of "whatever" from them. Brian Polian said something about finishing top ten in recruiting but top 5 on the field. I mean, you can ask Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma and they will tell you that you can be top five in BOTH.

I think their narrative about the program, recruiting in particular, and the way he's acting toward the pundits just isn't a great look from where I sit. All this guy is missing is a title and if they could string together a couple of classes that are a bit better than normal, they're right there.
                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Successful programs don't have to rebuild every three to four years. They reload. That's what BK is doing. Why on Earth, would anyone think that the coaches and players want to "play for the next year?" That's crazy talk. You know what sets the program up for continued success year after year....winning. Next year's schedule is set up for ND to win a lot of games regardless of reloading. Keep winning, keep recruiting, keep developing players. That's all ND needs to do and I guarantee that's all that is on BK's mind.

Comment

The commentary he has made recently regarding recruiting really concerns me most. Last week he basically introduced his assistant coaches and didn't take any questions on Signing Day. Granted, all of the action took place in December for ND, but it still felt like a kind of "whatever" from them. Brian Polian said something about finishing top ten in recruiting but top 5 on the field. I mean, you can ask Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma and they will tell you that you can be top five in BOTH.

I think their narrative about the program, recruiting in particular, and the way he's acting toward the pundits just isn't a great look from where I sit. All this guy is missing is a title and if they could string together a couple of classes that are a bit better than normal, they're right there.
                                                        Clemson has really gotten the players the last two recruiting cycles to put them in the top five, but they historically were not top five. Oklahoma is ranked below ND for 2021 and haven't had a top five recruiting class for a while.

I agree with Lion - I think BK is tired of the local media but seems all in on getting ND over to the next level.

Comment

I don't disagree with your observations but I also don't think they are indicative of his approach to the football program itself. Winning 85% of your games over the last four years and continuously fending off negativity from the local guys is probably pretty tiresome. If you're winning enough you don't need the beat guys on your side anyway.

But the national guys do affect the perception of your program.

Comment

• I don't really follow the program by way of Rivals, 247, etc. any longer. I don't know what kind of relationship he has with the regular local beat guys, but I know that the reality is they get to the big games and have not been close or won when they do. That's not perception, it's the truth of a particular sample size. He's been a part of some of those and there are others further in the past that had nothing to do with him. He's going to be asked those questions, and rightfully.

What I saw in the National Championship Game and last night in the Super Bowl was 1) highly talented QB1s and 2) highly talented play callers. I think it starts there for ND and everyone else. Get those things and build around them. The officials are looking to flag the defense and you have an advantage with that, especially if you have talented skill people.

Comment

• Kelly knows it is only a matter of time until ND breaks through if they keep making it to the dance. They may not be good enough to break the elites necks year in and year out, but one of these days they will catch lightening in a bottle.

I think this is the right approach, because I do not think it is possible for ND to be ELITE every year. Keep putting yourself in a position to compete though, and odds are you will break through.

Comment

I don't really follow the program by way of Rivals, 247, etc. any longer. I don't know what kind of relationship he has with the regular local beat guys, but I know that the reality is they get to the big games and have not been close or won when they do. That's not perception, it's the truth of a particular sample size. He's been a part of some of those and there are others further in the past that had nothing to do with him. He's going to be asked those questions, and rightfully.

What I saw in the National Championship Game and last night in the Super Bowl was 1) highly talented QB1s and 2) highly talented play callers. I think it starts there for ND and everyone else. Get those things and build around them. The officials are looking to flag the defense and you have an advantage with that, especially if you have talented skill people.
                                                                I think we share criticisms of the program and I don't think those questions are out of bounds.

But the true answers are probably uncomfortable if spoken aloud publicly.

Comment

He can be short with media sometimes but also think of other coaches when they are in same situation. Saban will rip a reporter apart win or lose if he doesn’t think the question is worth his time. Swinney is at odds with locals all the time. Dan Mullen was a laughing stock after pressers this year. So your observation is not wrong, but the signal it gives I don’t think is anything special
                                                                  Last edited by Dale; 02-08-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
                                                                    I don't see how taking a transfer at quarterback, or any position for that matter, is a bad thing. It is especially important when the players have little to no experience at the position. I am absolutely sure the coaches want any one of Buchner, Pyne or Clark to be the starter after earning it in practice, because that could bode well for the teams future success.

On the other hand, if they aren't able to take over the starting role, the coaches have put themselves in position to have an experienced quarterback on the roster they can fall back on.

Just because someone transfers in doesn't automatically mean they will be starting. Pryor is an example of this just from the 2020 season.
                                                                    Coan is bigger and has a bigger arm than Book. I can see him stretching the field a lot more than Book did.

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                                                                    There's a better chance that the observer writers read IE
                                                                    LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                      Coan is bigger and has a bigger arm than Book. I can see him stretching the field a lot more than Book did.
                                                                      Pro scouts were said to have really liked Coan a couple of years ago when he played that full season for Wisconsin. I think he has some very good attributes when it comes to his ability. Mobility isn't one of them, though, but that's okay.

He's accurate and he's very good at the intermediate throws, and for a program that likes to use their tight ends, could be fun to see him exploit that.

Comment

I actually don't think he has a big arm, but he is going to be able to attack the middle of the field much more efficiently than Book. I expect to see an absolute ton of TE usage between the hashes and Kyren Williams destroying LBs on option routes.

Comment

• I don’t disagree with what many of you have said. I also don’t disagree with a lot of what was written about the QB’s in the article. I dropped it for that very reason, given the track record of QBs under Kelly.

Comment

Reporter: Brian, you've made the Irish program a perennial top ten program. You're 43-8 with two CFP appearances in the last four years. What the hell is the problem Brian?
                                                                            Last edited by Irish#1; 02-09-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Pretty much a terrible article. Heís mad because he thinks the offense is archaic and the reason we lose in big games. But he doesnít present at all what the offense should be. Shoddy journalism.

And we donít win big games. So I guess Michigan in 18 and Clemson this year doesnít count. Whatever.
                                                                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Describing a offense as archaic is silly starting point. Does Alabama/LSU do some advanced route climb concepts? Sure. But Joe Brady is basically a levels and sticks offense and Sark was slant/bubble RPO. The “non-archaic offenses” are founded on the most basic of concepts. As pointed out above, explaining how you move forward is the hard part, which the article didn’t do

Comment

• I am obsessed with BK signing Tom Herman who looks like he will be unemployed next season. But I know it just seems like such a loser Alabama thing to do. Can someone tell me to shut up and stop thinking about this.

Comment

Reporter: Brian, you've made the Irish program a perennial top ten program. You're 43-8 with two CFP appearances in the last three years. What the hell is the problem Brian?
                                                                                    Exactly. I completely get why he is annoyed with the local press.

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                                                    I am obsessed with BK signing Tom Herman who looks like he will be unemployed next season. But I know it just seems like such a loser Alabama thing to do. Can someone tell me to shut up and stop thinking about this.
                                                                                    Shut up...

Comment

• Originally posted by NDohio View Post
                                                                                      Exactly. I completely get why he is annoyed with the local press.

Shut up...
                                                                                      Flight tracker has a small private plane flying to South Bend from Austin...
                                                                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Notre Dame with Brian Kelly = Ohio State with John Cooper

Win a lot of games, but can't win the big games. Ohio State moved on to Jim Tressel, Luke Fickel (Interum Coach), Urban Meyer, and Ryan Day. Notre Dame is content with where they stand. I think it will stay that way as long as Kelly averages double-digit wins. What say you?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                                          Flight tracker has a small private plane flying to South Bend from Austin...
                                                                                          That is probably Ovi coming back for his belongings.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddytoNow View Post
                                                                                            Notre Dame with Brian Kelly = Ohio State with John Cooper

Win a lot of games, but can't win the big games. Ohio State moved on to Jim Tressel, Luke Fickel (Interum Coach), Urban Meyer, and Ryan Day. Notre Dame is content with where they stand. I think it will stay that way as long as Kelly averages double-digit wins. What say you?
                                                                                            Iíll happily attempt to stick my foot in my mouth if Iím proven wrong, but I couldnít agree more. We just canít put all the pieces together when it matters. Mark Richt is another great coach who just couldnít get it done.

Comment

• I'm sure I follow; we can't beat Alabama so lets hire Tom Herman who can't beat half the teams he played?

Comment

I actually don't think he has a big arm, but he is going to be able to attack the middle of the field much more efficiently than Book. I expect to see an absolute ton of TE usage between the hashes and Kyren Williams destroying LBs on option routes.
                                                                                                I agree. I donít believe he has a bigger arm but I do believe he doesnít hesitate to just let it rip. Book is ďsaferĒ

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                                                  I agree. I don’t believe he has a bigger arm but I do believe he doesn’t hesitate to just let it rip. Book is “safer”
                                                                                                  Book’s career yds/comp is more than a yard per completion better than Coan. In the Wisconsin offense at least he was doing even less to push the ball downfield.

ND is not Wisconsin so I’m trying to withhold judgment on what he will do at ND.

But it’s hard to read this as anything but a vote of no confidence in the two guys who are coming back from the 2020 team.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Pops Freshenmeyer; 02-08-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Re: Coach Kelly's press conferences.
                                                                                                    We all know that Coach has a soft heart for his guys --- whether it's too soft is another issue. The point is that none of us should expect detailed answers from him about exactly what we need to do to rise up the pecking order. Why not? Because any specific thing that he'd say would be cycled right back upon the guys who manned whatever position he talked about. Example: "We need more explosive chunk plays in the passing game." That would immediately set the press blood smellers trashing our current receiving corps (whether they deserve it or not.) Coach is never going to intentionally answer any questions which can be turned against his guys.

So we need to stop expecting anything "really substantial" in his answers. And we REALLY shouldn't be analyzing his soft coach-speak words for deep meaning. I don't blame any of the head coaches for telling off the media in matters such as this. "Analyzing" his "appearance" on any given moment to assess his "psychology" is even more like witchcraft. The only things to even try to assess are his actions --- and that's where the Coan-Freeman actions (as several have said) tell you far clearer whether he's going for it as hard as he can go. Even if our guy is physically tired, this man wants to do this job. For him it is a moral promise, not just a job. I realize that we'll never give him a campus statue, but I'd vote for it.

Comment

You misread. I said bigger arm than Book. Agree he doesn't have a big arm like a Trevor Lawrence, but from the clips it looks like he has more zip than Book.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X