Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU Postgame

Damn good win.

Good game by both QB's but damn good on Golson that last drive.

What a noble concept, stick with the running game, no turnovers and ND wins.

We really needed this win. The momentum it generated will be crucial in helping us hold this recruiting class together.

Kelly is now the only NDFB coach in school history to win at least 8 games during each of his first 5 seasons. And he's done it during a period when it's harder than ever before to win at ND. Spell it with me now: E-L-I-T-E.
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 12-30-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Redemption of Golson and Bridza. I like it.

Comment

Great win but I want more. We know we are capable of beating the upper their of teams in college football now let's stay out of trouble, don't cheat on our homework, and go play to our potential I'm happy to knock
        Off an sec team but the FSU, Northwestern, and USC lossese still hang in my guy
        Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishinSyria View Post
          Redemption of Golson and Bridza. I like it.
          ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy89 View Post
            Great win but I want more. We know we are capable of beating the upper their of teams in college football now let's stay out of trouble, don't cheat on our homework, and go play to our potential I'm happy to knock
            Rudy, there were 3 defensive starters out before the season started. There were others injured and lost for the season before it began.

I posted the pregame injury list yesterday and noted that ND lost more players preseason than LSU lost ALL season.

Then of the 11 ND defensive starters from Opening Day only 3 started all the games due to the extraordinary rash of injuries.

ND won today despite being badly outnumbered as they were all season.

Put a fucking sock in it and enjoy one evening and stop urinating on it for the rest of us.

Comment

loved the unbalanced jet sweep wrinkle.

BK was stealing some ideas which is good to see.

hopefully that'll carry over to next year

folston quietly had another great game

glad that LSU scored quick instead of pounding our inexperienced defense that got the stops they needed when they needed em.

crazy how much better a win feels to finish the year
              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kelly: Golson was outstanding, took pain killing shot after the hit he took from Rasco on the Fuller completion.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550076781756432384">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kelly: &quot;I did a better job coaching” in reference to protecting the defense with ball control.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550077053845123072">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

Comment

Awesome game! Im so proud of our team and very impressed with Malik. Very poised and made very smart decisions today. Didn't think we would win. ...but we sure did and we did it by playing smart and committing no turnovers. Absolutely loved it. We beat a very good team today and beat the SEC's best defense! Go Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kelly: Golson was outstanding, took pain killing shot after the hit he took from Rasco on the Fuller completion.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550076781756432384">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

"But ... he's got no heart"

Comment

I thought we would get stomped. It feels great to be wrong.

I hope Clay Travis is choking on his tears.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kelly: &quot;I did a better job coaching” in reference to protecting the defense with ball control.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550077053845123072">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
                          Takes a man to admit mistakes and make the changes.
                          Prehistoric

Comment

Great win for the program. Some positive momentum into recruiting season.

Fire Longo. Imagine what we could do with a real strength coach, we could have put up 100 points.
                            "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

We really needed this win. The momentum it generated will be crucial in helping us hold this recruiting class together.

Kelly is now the only NDFB coach in history to win at least 8 games during each of his first 5 seasons. And he's done it during a period when it's harder than ever before to win at ND. Spell it with me now: E-L-I-T-E.
                              Yep!
                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                "But ... he's got no heart"
                                Yeah he's just a quitter with no heart and zero leadership ability.
                                "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy89 View Post
                                  I guess that's your pessimist version of happiness regarding Notre Dame football. We'll take it, I suppose. I'm pretty sure you would be bitching about something after any win, no matter what.

I know we just won a title, I just wish we would have run the ball more...
                                  Originally posted by koonja
                                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

My thoughts:

1. Zaire looked more poised than the USC game. Very confident in the read/option. Only complaint is that I think he keeps it more than he should. Especially in short yardage situations. Teams will figure that out.

2. Unfortunately, I think this was Golson's last game in an ND uniform. In my opinion, regardless of how he played, I think Kelly has shown him the door.

3. I'm not sure who's responsibility it is to cover the middle of the field, but apparently every call that Van Gorder puts out there doesn't stress it.

4. I thought Redfield made some very nice open field tackles today. He did get completely owned on the long pass to the TE, but other than that, I thought he was pretty good.

5. Robinson drops too many balls.

6. Stanley did nothing but help his NFL stock today, I'm sorry to say.

7. Still would have like to see some more Greg Bryant, but what I like from Folston is that when he knows he can't get to the outside, he squares up to the end zone and goes for it. No angle runs. All North and South.

Comment

another unsung hero is chris brown

best game he's played at ND imo

thought we looked very athletic on the perimeter and all of those guys will be back with exception of koyack at TE

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                        Put a fucking sock in it and enjoy one evening and stop urinating on it for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                          loved the unbalanced jet sweep wrinkle.

BK was stealing some ideas which is good to see.

hopefully that'll carry over to next year

folston quietly had another great game

glad that LSU scored quick instead of pounding our inexperienced defense that got the stops they needed when they needed em.

crazy how much better a win feels to finish the year
                                          I was thinking the same thing. Crazy ToP gap. I hate giving up those big plays, but was probably the best thing for our D, and worst for their D.
                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Kelly now 15-1 at Notre Dame when starting a freshman or red-shirt freshman quarterback.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550080338643660800">December 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

It was refreshing to stick with the run game. It shows that even with a depleted Defense, there are ways to win.

Wish they would have shown this earlier in the year, because I think this is what RB recruits want to see. If I was a running back uncommitted I would think long and hard about coming to ND.

I am hopeful that the offensive line turned a corner today. I think McGlinchey is a beast and will be an upgrade from an injured Lombard.

Comment

You guys gotta take a listen to this commentary... Does he get a single one of our players' names right?!

Go ESPN!

Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. LSU Tigers - Recap - December 30, 2014 - ESPN

Comment

gonna be the eternal optomist tonight.

really didn't expect this to happen so i'm going to enjoy the heck out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Penn St. Hater View Post
                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Kelly now 15-1 at Notre Dame when starting a freshman or red-shirt freshman quarterback.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550080338643660800">December 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                    there's the answer. Just start a frosh every year. Wimbush gonna killz it next year.

Comment

I like knowing that pretty much everyone who killed it today will be back next year.

Comment

Best part about this win?

It will silence the whiny ass people for a bit. They drive me completely insane.

You know who you are.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Malik Zaire said emotion after the game was about frustrations earlier this year and staying tuned in. “Life is about these opportunities.&quot;</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550078621327847424">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kelly credits Ben Koyack’s blocking skills today, said he had an outstanding block on 50-yard Prosise touchdown run.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/550079062518267904">December 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                            there's the answer. Just start a frosh every year. Wimbush gonna killz it next year.
                                                            Beat me to it. Convert Zaire into a RB and Golson into a Safety. QB competition between Kizer and Wimbush.

PROBLEMS SOLVED.

Comment

This game proved that we have two QBs capable of doing big things for us in the future...Love the emotion and play from Zaire, but I feel those that have been very critical of Golson have to admit that he made some HUGE throws on that final drive and had the response to his benching that should put his attitude or the amount that he cares to rest. Get healthy and build off of this game and the sky can truly be the limit...

Comment

I just want to say to all my Catholic Cajun family and friends in the state of Louisiana NA NA NA BOO BOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great Win.

Oline...best game I've seen out of these guys this year. not very many screw ups, and not very many times where they got manhandled...showed up with big hearts and lunch pails today....and they make ALL the difference.

Dline...not bad, did some nice things against the run. Need work on disengaging/slipping blocks on pass rush, and getting hands in throwing lanes. Pretty good push at times though.

Backers...at times scary good on run D

Dbacks...not bad, did a better job tackling today, and supported the run better. Couple busts...

QB play was really good. I like having these two guys play...MZ was a warrior today, and EG did some really nice things, especially late...

Will Fuller...enough said. Brown had a catch or two, procise busted one, and there was a Koyack sighting today...pretty nice. Double tight end set was just what the Dr. Ordered.

ST play...well, its better than the last few years...:) KB way to close it out dude...would like it if ND's kicker didn't have to kick the strings, but it worked.

Officiating...all I can say is ole No. 9...they can't block him w/o holding him...in fact that last FG try by LSU never should have been...he was literally bear hugged on that play...watched questionable no calls on him all year... so many times you see him separating from a blocker who clings to a handful of jersey, or flat hugs him...gotta stop. D coaches gotta work the refs more...

which brings me to coaches...what can you say...BK said what they needed to do, they did it. Defense hung in there better than I thought by nearly two touchdowns (I figured LSU would get 40).

Great win for those leaving...great win for those staying, great win for those thinking of coming!
                                                                  One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

O - Line was great. Stanley as usual dominated except one play I saw. Hegarty was solid up the middle, probably his best game. McGlinchey was very impressive for his first start. Elmer was the weakest link, but on a whole the group dominated. The did this at times throughout the year, just not consistently. The other big element was having Luatua back, he through some big blocks and had an awesome pancake.

Zaire was very impressive, but I love how Golson stepped up in the end and didn't act like a butt hurt superstar.

I have to admit I was nervous with the field goal at the end; but they battery delivered on the snap, hold, and kick.

On D; Redfield was great minus the long pass play. Without him, it could have been a very different outcome. Morgan showed flashes, but also that he still has a lot to learn in that tough position. The entire backfield stepped up, there were some long pockets for LSU which resulted in throw aways. Overall a great effort on D. They should celebrate and be proud.

I hate to do this, but I have my hopes up for next year. . . . Nothing good can come from that.
                                                                    Just cover, baby

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                                      Best part about this win?

It will silence the whiny ass people for a bit. They drive me completely insane.

You know who you are.
                                                                      You really don't believe that do you LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtisCandy View Post
                                                                        You guys gotta take a listen to this commentary... Does he get a single one of our players' names right?!

Go ESPN!

Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. LSU Tigers - Recap - December 30, 2014 - ESPN
                                                                        I was just watching that...lmao Olsen, Foster...but hey, he did nail Brindza!

Comment

One thing I missed in my thoughts was the O-LIne. They played an Outstanding game today.

One thing I need to learn for next season. On the read/option run to the middle, what is the read? I know on the edge, its the DE..what is it on the run to the middle?

Comment

(•_•)
                                                                            <) )> Notre
                                                                            / \

\(•_•)
                                                                            ( (> Fucking
                                                                            / \

(•_•)
                                                                            <) )> Dame!
                                                                            / \
                                                                            If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                              You really don't believe that do you LOL.
                                                                              I did say a "bit".

I know it wont be long haha

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Senoj13 View Post
                                                                                One thing I need to learn for next season. On the read/option run to the middle, what is the read? I know on the edge, its the DE..what is it on the run to the middle?
                                                                                Usually WLB, sometimes MLB.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  The Offensive Line played great today, and excellent in comparison to how they've played all year. Dominated up front, more physical, gave both Qb's a good amount of time. Run blocking could improve but there were some nice down field blocks that changed the game. Kept defense off of field. Didn't like some kelly's play calling - ran 3 or 4 times on 3rd and long...

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    CJ Prosise showed "SEC speed" hahahahaha. Any word on what happened to him.

Oh, and one more thing.

"SEC SEC SEC SEC" bite me!!!
                                                                                    Just cover, baby

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Studio eNVy View Post
                                                                                      CJ Prosise showed "SEC speed" hahahahaha. Any word on what happened to him.
                                                                                      Suffered a concussion in the 4Q.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Stuff:

1). some of us were really happy that we got the chance to play a top-program SEC team. We still are.
                                                                                        2). "my" big guys played their hearts out on both lines. Bless the big fellas and their coaches.
                                                                                        3). Malik can not only immediately see the field, but his instincts usually "sense" the play. He is a QB.
                                                                                        4). Luke and Riggs were on islands all game and their guys caught no balls.
                                                                                        5). our young eye-test safeties still haven't a clue much of the time... neither does Nyles, though he like them does play hard --- just in the wrong places.
                                                                                        6). Corey Robinson dropped two passes that hurt badly --- at one point the only "incompletions" that Malik had were drops. Will dropped one later, but he's so good we should cut him some slack.
                                                                                        7). note that despite IE assessors denigrating Will as not All-American caliber, Rod Gilmore said he was an AA all afternoon.
                                                                                        8). Malik --- applause.
                                                                                        9). Tarean was DrJekyl//MrHyde --- ran hard, then personally stalled a drive by not following through on blocking and stumbling up Amir on a potential big gainer, and followed that with fumbling a hand-off on a neat perfectly blocked inside reverse that just might have scored. Overall though : thanks Tarean for a hard-working season.
                                                                                        10) Big Ben: bless you. Accepting the blocking role-player all night instead of the glory role.
                                                                                        11). Malik --- you have a chance youngster to be the QB that Coach has lacked his whole tenure here.
                                                                                        12). there's a lot to hope for, and not irrationally, next year.

... and 13). Malik is a Quarterback, did I mention that?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          So proud of the guys.
                                                                                          Selfishly I can't wait to return to the office full of SEC homers. No LSU fans, but the UGA, Auburn, and Bama fans will be nice to F'with.

Comment

• #46

Kelly is now the only NDFB coach in history to win at least 8 games during each of his first 5 seasons. And he's done it during a period when it's harder than ever before to win at ND. Spell it with me now: E-L-I-T-E.
                                                                                            Elite. Ya sounds about right
                                                                                            I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                                            I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              thanks Whiskey! I think we will see much more of this play next year.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                and if we ever get that far........the strong safety

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  We are ND! Great game...a well deserving big win for Brian Kelly and staff.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    On espn on my xbox they don't have the trophy presentation like they did last year for the pinstripe bowl does anyone know where I can watch it?
                                                                                                    Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X