18) Oklahoma State
    19) East Carolina
    20) Arizona State
    21) Nebraska
    22) Stanford
    23) Georgia Tech
    24) Missouri
    25) Clemson
    Last edited by gkIrish; 10-06-2014, 07:56 AM.

That's about right.

Comment

Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
      That's about right.
      Seems fair except for Ohio State being high.

Comment

That's about right.
        Agreed, the only minor quibble I might have is that we should be ahead of Clemson so at #16, but that just about where I thought we would be.

Comment

Also, why isn't Duke ranked? They got hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
            Agreed, the only minor quibble I might have is that we should be ahead of Clemson so at #16, but that just about where I thought we would be.
            I do think we are better than Wisconsin too but I don't think we should be ranked ahead of them. If that makes sense.

Comment

I do think we are better than Wisconsin too but I don't think we should be ranked ahead of them. If that makes sense.
              Agreed. When it comes to Clemson I just feel that they lost so much on offense, (Boyd, Watkins, etc).

Comment

Breakdown

SEC: 7
                PAC-12: 6
                Big 12: 4
                Big 10: 4
                ACC: 3
                Independent: 1

Comment

seems about right but i will say this...some of those teams ahead of us better hope they have their qb situation right or they won't last there...georgia, lsu, south carolina
                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by pkt77242 View Post
                    Good news is between Clemson/UGA and Wisky/LSU in week 1, we should be #15 after beating Rice ha.

Comment

Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                        Do tell.
                        What do you want to know?

Comment

Why you think ND is better than Wisconsin, but Wisconsin should be ranked higher.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                            Why you think ND is better than Wisconsin, but Wisconsin should be ranked higher.
                            I think he is saying that if we played them, we would win, but they have earned the better ranking.

Close?
                            Originally posted by koonja
                            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

17. Notre Dame: The Fighting Irish begin their loose confederation with the ACC, though their challenging slate retains Big Ten and Pac-12 ties as well. What kind of results they get remain to be seen. QB Everett Golson returns and has WR DaVaris Daniels as a potential game breaker. There's depth if not proven production in the ground game, with Tarean Folston expected to lead the platoon. The defense will be even younger, but sophomore LB Jaylon Smith could become the breakout star.
                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                I think he is saying that if we played them, we would win, but they have earned the better ranking.

Close?
                                That's a bingo.

I'll add that Wisconsin has a great chance to go 11-1 or 12-2 this year. I know the rankings shouldn't reflect that but personally I sort of see them as a reflection of where the teams will finish.

Comment

Behind USC? Disrespectful

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomer View Post
                                    Behind USC? Disrespectful
                                    Who cares. Win and all will be ok.

Comment

This can't be right. Not all of the SEC teams are ranked and they're not all top ten.

Comment

17 seems perfect. Climb higher if Golson has improved (and Zaire plays well when called upon), drop if QBs tread water.

Comment

Is this THE Coaches Poll, or a poll of coaches?

Comment

I like it, seems about right. Positions us to rise to the point where we are strongly considered for the playoff should we navigate our tough schedule to 10-2 or better record. Tall order I know, just glad we aren't starting off in the 20's.

*edit- I know this is not the selection committee poll, I am simply referring to the reality that the selection committee is human just like everyone else and cannot help but be influenced by the Coaches, AP, etc.
                                            Last edited by bobbyok1; 07-31-2014, 11:47 AM.
                                            When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

Comment

Don't know if I'd put Oklahoma at #3. Sure they pulled out a win against Bama but still got crushed by Texas and Baylor. I could see them finish in the top 10 but they still have a lot of questions IMO.

Even though Stanford is a threat to our program I still want to see them put an oldschool wooping on Oregon. Watching them get punched in the mouth last year--on both sides of the ball--was glorious.
                                              "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                              --Samuel L

Comment

Seems like a pretty fair initial ranking. I would add Duke and flip MSU and OSU at 6 and 8. Otherwise I can't really complain. Plus the first ranking usually gets a jolt after the first week of the season anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MNIrishman View Post
                                                  Seems fair except for Ohio State being high.
                                                  I hate OSU but I think they could be really good this year. They may have the best defensive line in college football.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion10 View Post
                                                    17 seems perfect. Climb higher if Golson has improved (and Zaire plays well when called upon), drop if QBs tread water.
                                                    I agree. Too be honest, I would be perfectly fine with a "Major" Bowl bid.. that should be the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by NCND View Post
                                                      I agree. Too be honest, I would be perfectly fine with a "Major" Bowl bid.. that should be the goal.
                                                      Our goal should never be anything less than winning every game when it's freaking July...

Comment

We play #1, #11, #15, #18, and #23.

Comment

There's two things these polls are good for so early: 1) early season tv ratings and 2) helping out teams early in the year. I.e early loss easier to get back up. One thing I've learned over the years and the BCS cemented my opinion is there should be no poll until at least week 4

Comment

#17 seems about right. Based on the teams that we play that are ranked higher we have the perfect opportunity to controll our own destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Title2114 View Post
                                                              We play #1, #11, #15, #18, and #23.
                                                              We have to have the preseason #1 SoS, right? I cant imagine another team having a bigger preseason slate than that.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                                We have to have the preseason #1 SoS, right? I cant imagine another team having a bigger preseason slate than that.
                                                                I was going to say Oregon might have a tougher schedule but they don't play Arizona State this season barring a Pac-12 Championship Game match-up. I'd say yes.

Comment

Arkansas plays #2, #5, #12, #13, #19, #20.

Not to mention good teams in Missouri (#26), Miss State (#29) and Texas Tech (#42)
                                                                  I'd rather play our schedule than Arkansas' for sure.
                                                                  Last edited by irishfan; 07-31-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                                                    Arkansas plays #2, #5, #12, #13, #19, #20.

Not to mention good teams in Missouri (#26), Miss State (#29) and Texas Tech (#42)
                                                                    I'd rather play our schedule than Arkansas' for sure.
                                                                    Brett will be looking for a job shortly it seems like.

Comment

So including others receiving votes, we play #1, #11, #15, #18, #23, #32, #36, and #45.

Comment

So including others receiving votes, we play #1, #11, #15, #18, #23, #32, #36, and #45.
                                                                        Need to add Georgia (#12) to make that a competitive schedule

Comment

Auburn plays #2, #9, #12, #13, #19, #20, #21, #29, and #50.

Comment

UGA plays - #16, #9, #26, #50, #5, #48

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Auburn plays #2, #9, #12, #13, #19, #20, #21, #29, and #50.
                                                                              So Auburn takes the preseason #1 schedule. We are easily at #2. long road ahead.
                                                                              Oh yeah, I ain't allowed to say "goddamn" no more.--D-Bob

Comment

• #40
                                                                                No Michigan?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  USC (Trojans) - #47, #11, #46, #18, #50, #7, #17

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by itchyBEAR View Post
                                                                                    USC (Trojans) - #47, #11, #46, #18, #50, #7, #17
                                                                                    To be fair, that #17 will be a #1 by the time USC meets them. That's right, fill up the kool aid and fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Michigan!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      When did UCLA get good?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                        To be fair, that #17 will be a #1 by the time USC meets them. That's right, fill up the kool aid and fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Michigan!
                                                                                        <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4pmh-11Gx3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          OSU plays #8.………

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                                                            When did UCLA get good?
                                                                                            UCLA's talent is flooding the opposition

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                                                              bravo sir. well played.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                                                                Lol, I heard that on the radio the other day, best prank call of all time "it was either a cherry bomb or someone took a huge dump".

Ucla flood prank call Louis slungpue - YouTube
                                                                                                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                                  Lol, I heard that on the radio the other day, best prank call of all time "it was either a cherry bomb or someone took a huge dump".

Ucla flood prank call Louis slungpue - YouTube
                                                                                                  That prank was hilarious. I think they should have knew something was up when he introduced himself as Slungpue. He was actually pretty good and maybe believable until he said it could have been caused by a rather large dump, or something of that nature.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                                                                                    When did UCLA get good?
                                                                                                    About 7:45PM last night.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X