Mass 247 Cancellation Movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass 247 Cancellation Movement

Will it do any "good"? Who knows. But no self-respecting ND fan should support a network that employs people this unprofessional who actively work to the detriment of ND. This goes beyond Justin Hopkins unabashed trolling and antics. Remember JC Schurburtt's vitriolic anti-ND rant on national radio that he had to make a public apology for? These are the people in power at 247.

Cancel your subscription and post here when you do. A social media movement will be following tomorrow, including distribution to other ND boards. Even if it's only temporary and you plan on re-upping in short, a mass exodus of subscribers in response to recent events will send a clear message that this conduct is unacceptable.

Because they intentionally make it hard to cancel: E-mail customer support at support@247sports.com and provide your name, user name and e-mail address associated with the account. If you want to avoid a subscription renewal, you must cancel 72 hours prior to the end of the then current subscription period. If you sign up for a free trial or take advantage of an extended free trial, you must cancel 24 hours prior to the end of your free trial to avoid automatic charges associated with beginning your subscription. 247Sports customer support is staffed between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM (CT) Monday – Friday. Put "Cancellation Request" in the subject of the email and provide a short reason for cancellation.

There are many great alternatives out there to 247, including Irish Sports Daily, Rivals, and Scout. Do not hesitate to take your business elsewhere.
    Last edited by IrishLax; 06-04-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I'm cancelled.

I haven't posted in a long long time.

But I'm a goner.

With Sapp gone, it died there.

Fuck Oregon. Fuck Hopkins. And shame on Loy.

Comment

I subscribed just to unsubscribe.

Take that, rump rangers!

Comment

Showing that grit that Restoners are known for! WOOT!

BTW-I cancelled a few months ago. That has to count for something.
          I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

:awesomewo
            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

An echo of this message should go to the Domer Domain, Golden Helmat, Irish Illustrated, Irish Eyes, etc.

Let's get these clowns attention to discipline their shithead employee.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycando View Post
                An echo of this message should go to the Domer Domain, Golden Helmat, Irish Illustrated, Irish Eyes, etc.

Let's get these clowns attention to discipline their shithead employee.
                Absolutely. Please post this around on every board you guys frequent.

Comment

I just sent an email to support@247sports.com with "cancellation request" in the title and then my message saying what a douche nozzle Hopkins is.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax
                    OK soooo.... how do I cancel? There isn't a button. It's as if they intentionally have made it hard to do.
                    How do I cancel my subscription to 247Sports?

E-mail customer support at support@247sports.com and provide your name, user name and e-mail address associated with the account. If you want to avoid a subscription renewal, you must cancel 72 hours prior to the end of the then current subscription period. If you sign up for a free trial or take advantage of an extended free trial, you must cancel 24 hours prior to the end of your free trial to avoid automatic charges associated with beginning your subscription. 247Sports customer support is staffed between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM (CT) Monday Friday.

Comment

Is there a way to pin this thread to the top of the IE page?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax
                        OK soooo.... how do I cancel? There isn't a button. It's as if they intentionally have made it hard to do.
                        In the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycando View Post
                          How do I cancel my subscription to 247Sports?

E-mail customer support at support@247sports.com and provide your name, user name and e-mail address associated with the account. If you want to avoid a subscription renewal, you must cancel 72 hours prior to the end of the then current subscription period. If you sign up for a free trial or take advantage of an extended free trial, you must cancel 24 hours prior to the end of your free trial to avoid automatic charges associated with beginning your subscription. 247Sports customer support is staffed between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM (CT) Monday Friday.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Just cancelled mine.

Comment

I signed up five minutes ago and cancelled right after.

Not sure if any effect was had.

But I wanted to feel like I was a part of this movement.

Comment

I'd cancel were I a subscriber.

I'm a joiner.

What's the beef?

Do I give a shit about bloviating rectums?

Nope.

Not when I know more truth than they do.

Comment

Lax no fvk round... If I were on id def be down with this... But I've never once been on 247
                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

I've been cancelled since Loy had been on the beat for about 2-3 weeks. Shame I couldn't bolster any metic of cancellations from this latest round of shameful conduct.
                                    Last edited by Andy in Sactown; 06-04-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

OK I'm officially out.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                        Absolutely. Please post this around on every board you guys frequent.
                                        Don't forget to tweet this movement.

Instant attention.

In fact, someone ought to tweet it to Loy and Hopkins. Let them know what they're in store for soon.

Comment

What about ad revenue? IE probably sends a lot of clicks their way for player profiles and free stories

Comment

Eff em..cancelled

Comment

I just sent my last post and about to quit mine, interesting to see what happens

Comment

Obvious, but make sure you make your 'reasons' clear.

Comment

Originally posted by GooseTranio View Post
                                                  What about ad revenue? IE probably sends a lot of clicks their way for player profiles and free stories
                                                  Right they probably make 2/3 of their revenue from ads by using free stories. If we don't click on that shit they may lose ad revenue.

Its crazy because you get the same info from Rivals, Scout, ISD, etc.

Fuck you 247

Comment

Not sure how, but when people search 247sports on google lots of negative feedback pages need to be on the first page. Some of you geniuses here get to work!

Comment

Adblocker plus bro. Check it out.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

I was considering a while back to join there. Now I'm not. Glad I found out about the shady dealings before I pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                          I just sent an email to support@247sports.com with "cancellation request" in the title and then my message saying what a douche nozzle Hopkins is.
                                                          I'm going to send an email and say that I'm canceling because of this exact reason. Even though I dont have a subscription.
                                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Cancelled

Comment

Here was the email I sent:

I will never subscribe to your site and will actively keep others from your site. Employing Hoskins must be held accountable

Sent from my iPad

Comment

I think I have handed out 100k in reps today...well done fellas!

Comment

Too early to vote this thread of the year! We are all on agreement on this thread for once!

Comment

Just sent that cancellation email. See ya later suckers.

I feel bad that I'm abandoning the BGI guys, as I like them well enough, but I can't contribute to making college football a travesty any more and still look myself in the mirror every day. The shit has to stop! Cut the shit!

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                      Obvious, but make sure you make your 'reasons' clear.
                                                                      +1

Comment

Lmao you all are ridic

Comment

Looks like IE just became Anti 247.

If you click or post anything 247, a dude comes to your house, punches you in the face, kicks your cat and bangs your mom.

You really dont want this happening do you? Do the right thing...

Comment

I can't accept an apology.

Heads need to roll at 247

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                              Lmao you all are ridic
                                                                              Lmao no ur ridic.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dont shoot the messenger. Or be stupid. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/TheIrishTP">@TheIrishTP</a>: Interesting movement. “<a href="https://twitter.com/NDIrishLax">@NDIrishLax</a>: CANCEL YOUR 247 SUB: <a href="http://t.co/6vIVBMd6mJ">http://t.co/6vIVBMd6mJ</a></p>&mdash; Keith Arnold (@KeithArnold) <a href="https://twitter.com/KeithArnold/statuses/474384676442742784">June 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BURN IT TO THE FUCKING GROUND, KEITH

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Great job guys, keep these cancellations coming!

Comment

• #42

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dont shoot the messenger. Or be stupid. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/TheIrishTP">@TheIrishTP</a>: Interesting movement. <a href="https://twitter.com/NDIrishLax">@NDIrishLax</a>: CANCEL YOUR 247 SUB: <a href="http://t.co/6vIVBMd6mJ">http://t.co/6vIVBMd6mJ</a></p>&mdash; Keith Arnold (@KeithArnold) <a href="https://twitter.com/KeithArnold/statuses/474384676442742784">June 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BURN IT TO THE FUCKING GROUND, KEITH
                                                                                      Fucking gorgeous.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I canceled after NSD. I didn't like the way Loy went about his business, and I especially didn't like the way those douches were tweeting on NSD, going overboard in making fun of Rivals bs their site crashed. I mean, tenwork the same beat as Sampson and Prister, and that shit was out of their control, and you're going to take to twitter and rip on them?

I don't do twitter but when I heard that, that was it for me. That showed their true character, the character that is shining through today. .

But great movement Lax and I hope it catches on.
                                                                                        Last edited by NDinL.A.; 06-04-2014, 10:07 PM.
                                                                                        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                                          Lmao you all are ridic
                                                                                          No I am Theo Ridic
                                                                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Don't forget to unfollow them on Twitter.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Many will not understand the movement. We need a summary of how Justin Hopkins was out of line...otherwise it looks like sour grapes.
                                                                                              Last edited by Irishman77; 06-04-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                                Lmao no ur ridic.
                                                                                                LOL! I c wut u did thur!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
                                                                                                  Your request (352) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to

Due to the gloating, inappropriate journalism or lack thereof by Justin Hopkins, I will know longer pay to be a member of this site. Thanks

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                                                    Many will not understand the movement. We need a summary of how Hoskins was out of line...otherwise it looks like sour grapes.
                                                                                                    It's Justin Hopkins. Gotta get everybody completely on board!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X