Under Armour
    National Championship Game
    Campus Crossroads Project
    Stadium Expansion
    Field Turf

Great Work
    "I'm not a film evaluator"
    - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

One of those rare people who you can tell is extremely intelligent just by listening to one interview.

Comment

I wasn't sold on Jack at first, but man...he's done a great job to help push the team into a new era and bring us to the 21st century. He's done a great job with the brand, he's pushing football, and he's putting us in a position to win and bring in new fans. If he continues down this road, he could pave quite the legacy for himself.

Comment

Great thread.

Mr. Swarbrick deserves much more credit for the current state of ND football than he gets.

Fantastic job.

Comment

That's not even counting all the NC's in Olympic sports.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ninth…? i think? national title game of the Swarbrick era? (FB, WSOC (2), WBB (now 3) MSOC, MLAX, HKY?</p>&mdash; oak (@oaknd1) <a href="https://twitter.com/oaknd1/statuses/453692958387085312">April 9, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
          Last edited by ndfi78; 04-13-2014, 08:39 AM.
          Hi!

Comment

Doing an incredible job.
            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Anyone else think he directed them to leave the grass extra shitty yesterday so the turf announcement would be less of a blow to the traditionalists? Slick PR move.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

Comment

He is the most competent and intelligent person we could ever hope to have in the AD role.

Compare his body of work to his predecessors and it's pretty insane.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                  He is the most competent and intelligent person we could ever hope to have in the AD role.

Compare his body of work to his predecessors and it's pretty insane.
                  It's almost as if he is playing catch up with the other big programs. Seems as if those teams were light years ahead of ND and now ND is on their doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                    Anyone else think he directed them to leave the grass extra shitty yesterday so the turf announcement would be less of a blow to the traditionalists? Slick PR move.

I said the same exact thing in the spring practice thread.
                    - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                      It's almost as if he is playing catch up with the other big programs. Seems as if those teams were light years ahead of ND and now ND is on their doorstep.
                      True. For years ND tried to hold on to traditional ways to do things.
                      Jack found out you can still hold on to most of those traditions while
                      advancing all athletic programs to keep up with the upper echelon.
                      We are very fortunate to have a man like Jack leading the athletes of ND.

Comment

Personally, I am not a fan of the "Crossroads Project" and I understand that I am in the minority. The University has a Crossroad, it should be the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. I don't want to move us away from the heart and soul of our identity. I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction for the University and should be reconsidered.

If you want to expand the stadium, do that. Do it within scale of our current and future needs. To make the football stadium the "center of life" on campus seems hypocritical to me.

Comment

Field looked like crap cuz the winter was worst/coldest in decades, and why maintain it when all signs were pointing to going the way of Field Turf? I live in Texas and my yard doesn't look much better right now. There was a Turf company in the stadium in February doing prelim work, so they probably had made the decision or were close to the decision to forego trying to maintain the sloppy field we have seen for several years.
                          Regarding Swarbrick, ND has one of the best and should be grateful to have him and do whatever is necessary to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by CarrollVermin View Post
                            Personally, I am not a fan of the "Crossroads Project" and I understand that I am in the minority. The University has a Crossroad, it should be the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. I don't want to move us away from the heart and soul of our identity. I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction for the University and should be reconsidered.

If you want to expand the stadium, do that. Do it within scale of our current and future needs. To make the football stadium the "center of life" on campus seems hypocritical to me.
                            I agree with this. One of the few moves I haven't liked. Only others are some scheduling blunders, and that's subjective.

Comment

I posted this in the turf thread, but I think it would be special over here as a voice of dissent :)

You are a god damned moron
                              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Perhaps it is merely semantics, but I believe that the idea behind making the stadium the center of the crossroads, is to utilize it for much more than simply football. Force the stadium, so to speak, to serve the higher goal of educating young men and women. I don't think it is intended to highlight football as the identity of the University, but to serve as an example of how football can coexist with, and even complement, academics on campus. That's coming from someone who never attended ND, so it's entirely possible that there are dynamics at work that I either don't understand, or am completely unaware of.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                  Wanted to give a rundown of what Jack has done since 2008:

Training Table
                                  Brian Kelly
                                  Gold Helmets
                                  Shamrock Series
                                  Fighting Irish Digital Media-UND.com videos
                                  Strong and True
                                  NBC extension
                                  Compton Ice Arena
                                  Purcell Pavillion
                                  ACC/Staying Independent
                                  Graduation Rates
                                  Announcing the College Football Playoffs
                                  Under Armour
                                  Stadium Expansion
                                  Field Turf

Great Work
                                  Also, to add on to the list, new first class soccer and lacrosse facilities, and I believe baseball is currently being built, right?

He's done a tremendous job for every sport on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                                    Perhaps it is merely semantics, but I believe that the idea behind making the stadium the center of the crossroads, is to utilize it for much more than simply football. Force the stadium, so to speak, to serve the higher goal of educating young men and women. I don't think it is intended to highlight football as the identity of the University, but to serve as an example of how football can coexist with, and even complement, academics on campus. That's coming from someone who never attended ND, so it's entirely possible that there are dynamics at work that I either don't understand, or am completely unaware of.
                                    I think this is probably the right prism with which to view this decision. I have seen nothing that Mr. Swarbrick has done to lead me to believe he would try to undermine the central mission of the University. I don't think he is paying lip service to the idea that academics and athletics can and should foster each other in a symbiotic relationship. I think the confusion is in part simply semantics.
                                    Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                                      I think this is probably the right prism with which to view this decision. I have seen nothing that Mr. Swarbrick has done to lead me to believe he would try to undermine the central mission of the University. I don't think he is paying lip service to the idea that academics and athletics can and should foster each other in a symbiotic relationship. I think the confusion is in part simply semantics.
                                      I found this from Fr. Miscamble, which I believe puts the sentiment full front and center. Again, it is a matter of perspective. I am an alum and am all for competitiveness on the field. Heck, in moments of darkness, I wish we would cheat more to get ahead...haha. But, the mission of our University has been clear. I don't want to send the wrong message, or have the efforts of the rest of campus dwarfed due to a renewed focus on athletics. Still, I am proud of everything that the Notre Dame community has accomplished.

Irish Rover » Notre Dame at a Crossroads: Misplaced Priorities and a Flawed Vision

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post

I think it's probably more that he didn't want to spend the time and money on a field that will have a bull dozer on it in about a month, but I'm sure he knew it would be a better PR move to have it look that bad as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                                          I posted this in the turf thread, but I think it would be special over here as a voice of dissent :)

You are a god damned moron
                                          Oh Across.... that dude is priceless.
                                          Originally posted by koonja
                                          I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                            I'm considering enlisting some computer science friends to see if they can help me get immediate access to that board, rather than needing approval.

After seeing that board after the turf announcement, nothing in life would give me greater joy than bypassing their board restrictions and battling ACross in the open.

Comment

Training Table
                                              Brian Kelly
                                              Gold Helmets
                                              Shamrock Series
                                              Strong and True
                                              NBC extension
                                              Compton Ice Arena
                                              Purcell Pavillion
                                              ACC/Staying Independent
                                              Graduation Rates
                                              Under Armour
                                              Stadium Expansion
                                              Field Turf

Great Work
                                              he also stood by a prominent football player when the world was coming down on him; with a January 16th press conference, he got out in front of that whole mess when he didn't have to.
                                              Last edited by TDHeysus; 04-14-2014, 12:48 PM.
                                              YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                              Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

Training Table
                                                Brian Kelly
                                                Gold Helmets
                                                Shamrock Series
                                                Strong and True
                                                NBC extension
                                                Compton Ice Arena
                                                Purcell Pavillion
                                                ACC/Staying Independent
                                                Graduation Rates
                                                Under Armour
                                                Stadium Expansion
                                                Field Turf
                                                Projects in Process:
                                                Fire Brey!

Comment

Typical Ndnation response to hearing the news during the game......

Yes, those at NDnation still only listen to games, since that is the way it was done when Knute was coach.

Comment

Swarbrick could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves.

I've listened to his show quite a bit and it's the same every time - smart and matter-of-fact w/o sounding pretentious. Dude knows how to use ND's vast resources to get stuff done. I'm glad he's at the helm.

Comment

Reps to Mr. Swarbrick!

Football is the tip of the iceberg of his long list of improvements to the University.

Comment

Lest we forget, this also happened under Swarbrick:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P6mE9Au3CwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Originally posted by TDHeysus View Post
                                                            he also stood by a prominent football player when the world was coming down on him; with a January 16th press conference, he got out in front of that whole mess when he didn't have to.
                                                            This.

The pure emotion at the end of that interview told me all i needed to know about Jack.
                                                            It was more than just sticking up for a player that he knew was innocent. He showed true empathy at the end when he had to take a moment because he was getting choked up.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame </a> looking for student help with football recruiting. Info on new program here from <a href="https://twitter.com/MeganWhitt1">@MeganWhitt1</a>: <a href="http://t.co/uac9C4HPxQ">http://t.co/uac9C4HPxQ</a></p>&mdash; Tyler James (@TJamesNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJamesNDI/statuses/456571978493591552">April 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame</a> looking for student help with football recruiting. Info on new program here from <a href="https://twitter.com/MeganWhitt1">@MeganWhitt1</a>: <a href="http://t.co/uac9C4HPxQ">http://t.co/uac9C4HPxQ</a></p>&mdash; Tyler James (@TJamesNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJamesNDI/statuses/456571978493591552">April 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                You do not have to be a player to be a part of your Notre Dame football team. The football staff would like to invite current Notre Dame and St. Mary's students to be apart of our inaugural football ambassador program.
                                                                Two things:

1) It's "a part" in this tense, not "apart". They are included, not separated.

2) St Mary's, eh…
                                                                Originally posted by koonja
                                                                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion10 View Post
                                                                  I'm considering enlisting some computer science friends to see if they can help me get immediate access to that board, rather than needing approval.
                                                                  Think politically. Gain the rights to the domain name and then ban him. Why argue with Cross when you can simply take away his microphone?

Remember, he's an ambulance chaser, and those are not fun people to argue with.

Comment

1) It's "a part" in this tense, not "apart". They are included, not separated.

2) St Mary's, eh…
                                                                    Too much reliance on spell check. "apart" is a valid word, so it doesn't get flagged. The art of writing is no longer an art. People don't read much anymore, and the written word has suffered for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                      Think politically. Gain the rights to the domain name and then ban him. Why argue with Cross when you can simply take away his microphone?

Remember, he's an ambulance chaser, and those are not fun people to argue with.
                                                                      Lets do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                                                                        Too much reliance on spell check. "apart" is a valid word, so it doesn't get flagged. The art of writing is no longer an art. People don't read much anymore, and the written word has suffered for it.
                                                                        "Proofread" is NOT a fore – oops, strike that – a four letter word.

Comment

On the 11 man committee for electing teams for the college football playoff. http://twitter.com/CFBPlayoff/status...512641/photo/1
                                                                          - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

But the BIG is going to get $40Mill a team by 2020!

Comment

• #39

I whole heartedly agree with you. The University of Notre Dame is the most prestigious Catholic university in the nation and I would think and hope The Basilica would be the universities central point.

As far as Jack Swarbrick is concerned, I wasn't too sure about him at first. There have been some things I haven't been crazy about but you can't deny his significance he has brought to Notre Dame in recent years.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                              Working...
                                                                              X