"ISD Intel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ISD Intel"

Just got word that tomorrow Irishsportsdaily.com will be unveiling a new feature called ISD Intel. It will be like their Recruiting Notebook (always a great read, but comes out on Saturdays so not as many people read it), but I believe it will have some team info as well.

Tomorrow's should be a good one considering all of the campers and visitors that will be coming through campus. With Sapp leaving 24/7, IMO Christian McCallum is as plugged into ND recruiting as any full-time ND reporter you'll find. And Mike Frank has some good sources as well so if he contributes it should make for an even better read.

Anyway, be on the look out for it ISD members. Like "Tunnel Vision", it is something we can look forward to every week.
    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Edward Snowden knew that last month.

Is GBdomer really in Hong Kong?

Thanks for the ISD info, LAinSB.

Comment

BGIF is rolling.
      I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

its gonna be legit. They put a lot of work into it.
        http://irishtp.com/

Comment

It's up now, and there's a ton of good recruiting stuff in it. If you're an ISD member I highly suggest you give it a read.

I didn't know Miciah Quick was such a heavy ND lean, and it's good to hear that all 3 WR's that were injured in the spring are 100%...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
            It's up now, and there's a ton of good recruiting stuff in it. If you're an ISD member I highly suggest you give it a read.

I didn't know Miciah Quick was such a heavy ND lean, and it's good to hear that all 3 WR's that were injured in the spring are 100%...
            No one likes a tease, Hollywood.

Do you think, absent J Sapp, that this makes ISD better than 24/7?

Comment

Me neither. Anything concrete to share or is just a report that he is a heavy ND lean?
              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Didn't know that either but now that I do I'm stoked.
                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Don't have ISD but...

The guys on 247 and Rivals have been showing cautious optimism over Quick for some time since A) he is from Fresno B) He's not deciding anytime soon (according to reports). Brent & Hood got very good vibes and spent a lot of time with Quick in Chicago. The staff hit their biggest homerun of the season at The Coaches Clinic with Watkins, Quick, & Starks IMO all coming out as ND leans.
                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Might get an ISD account, was considering it before this but this new feature may push me over the edge. So Quick is an ND lean huh? That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                      Don't have ISD but...

The guys on 247 and Rivals have been showing cautious optimism over Quick for some time since A) he is from Fresno B) He's not deciding anytime soon (according to reports). Brent & Hood got very good vibes and spent a lot of time with Quick in Chicago. The staff hit their biggest homerun of the season at The Coaches Clinic with Watkins, Quick, & Starks IMO all coming out as ND leans.
                      i he even an option for us? (arrests etc)

Comment

This is a huge tease, especially since we haven't had a Tunnel Vision in awhile

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                          i he even an option for us? (arrests etc)
                          He wasn't arrested...

Comment

Interesting on Quick. No votes for ND on the "Crystal Ball".

Comment

Originally posted by rocket66 View Post
                              Interesting on Quick. No votes for ND on the "Crystal Ball".
                              From everything LA has said about Christian, he's pretty plugged in. His sources are likely different from those 247 reporters and whatnot. It's also worth seeing who picked in the Crystal Ball. Some of these guys have no idea and just go off another reporter's prediction.

Comment

Ppl that picked USC for Quick are just going by that he's from Cali, ppl that picked OU are going by that he has teammates there. Others then copied. Crystal Ball for guys like Quick and Holley are IMO useless, just educated guesses at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                  From everything LA has said about Christian, he's pretty plugged in. His sources are likely different from those 247 reporters and whatnot. It's also worth seeing who picked in the Crystal Ball. Some of these guys have no idea and just go off another reporter's prediction.
                                  Can you or someone else help me out with this?

Christian is plugged into ND's staff? What about his contact with recruits and sources close to recruits? I would tend to think that 247 and ISD would be illustrating two different perspectives. ISD might be the primo source for ND staff views while 247 might be more industry view. Just hoping someone could clear that up for me since the distinction is pretty important.

Comment

I'm glad some of you guys are signing up for ISD. Offers great perspective and info to those of us with 247 subs. IE is the perfect melting pot for ND info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

Christian is plugged into ND's staff? What about his contact with recruits and sources close to recruits? I would tend to think that 247 and ISD would be illustrating two different perspectives. ISD might be the primo source for ND staff views while 247 might be more industry view. Just hoping someone could clear that up for me since the distinction is pretty important.
                                      Sorry, my post is really vague. I'm at work and scatterbrained.

Basically, Christian has come up with some really good info in the past. I'm not an ISD subscriber but he has an inside track somewhere in the football offices and maybe even outside them. All I was trying to say was that his sources might be different than Loy's or Wiltfong's or another 247 reporter who hasn't predicted Quick to ND in the Crystal Ball.

Don't read that much into what I said. Christian likely has a source that 247 reporters don't and hence the wide discrepancy between what's reported on 247 sites and the new ISD thing. It boils down to: when Christian speaks, you listen to him (more than the Crystal Ball predictions).

Comment

Must. Not... Subscribe. To another. Paysite...
                                        People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

Christian is the best in the recruiting business as far as ND goes right now...and its not even close. The only person Id put ahead of him would be Wiltfong, but Wiltfong doesnt dedicate 100% of his efforts to ND anymore but did help ISD take off when ISD started off.
                                          http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Just when I think I'm out...

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                              No one likes a tease, Hollywood.

Do you think, absent J Sapp, that this makes ISD better than 24/7?
                                              Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

Sorry fellas, I was playing Daddy Daycare all day and couldn't get back to this.

I'm biased, because I really enjoy ISD and have met all of the mods and actually consider one of them a friend and two others acquaintances who I've hung out with away from ND football. So take this fwiw.

I do know that Christian has some really, really good sources. When you're at it for as long as he's been, you start to get quite a nice database going. I've never asked him if he has an ND coach as a source (I think that would be too intrusive; but it wouldn't surprise me if he did), but I do know that he knows quite a few h.s. coaches that give him great info, and then he gets in with family members as well that turn out to be the best of sources. As TP stated, there is no one out there that is as plugged in as he is. I also like the fact that he and Mike and are very understated...they don't run with shaky info, and when they know a kid has committed to ND before the kid wants the public to know, they hold onto the info until the kid says it's OK to go public (unlike guys like Lemming and others who steal kids' thunder just so they can be 'first').

And as I've stated, I just enjoy their message board more. There are some douchebags, sure, but nothing like you see on other sites, where the pissing contests are on like every single thread (I know, who am I to talk LOL). And there are some REALLY knowledgeable posters there that give excellent perspective.

So in short, this is the best free site IMO, and ISD the best paysite IMO. But to each his own...

Comment

I highly recommend a subscription to ISD. Great interviews on Monday nights during Power Hour with ND recruits. This new feature is fantastic. All around just a well run site with tons of first hand info.

They're also running a ton of sign up specials right now. Do yourself a favor and take a look.

Comment

I enjoyed the write up. One thing I like is the WIR. The intel scoop seems like glorified WIR article.

Comment

Another REALLY good Intel just posted. Good info on Luatua and Holmes among many others. I'm about to go golf so I'll let clashmore or ironman fill you in (yes, that sucks but that's life lol. Seriously though, this feature alone is worth the price of subscribing).
                                                    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 06-28-2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

ISD has a nice tone and a lot of good members. I also think Mike Frank really improved the cite through keeping Chris and Sean Mele on staff. The new feature is excellent if you are looking to get a lot of high-quality, reliable information in one place.

They also really refuse to get into rumors, so they have a level of credibility some other sources don't. The flip side is that they are sometimes a little behind othe sites, even where they knew the rumor was probably true. I tend to appreciate that approach.
                                                      Last edited by Domina Nostra; 06-28-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Care to share a nugget on Holmes?

Comment

Another REALLY good Intel just posted. Good info on Luatua and Holmes among many others. I'm about to go golf so I'll let clashmore or ironman fill you in (yes, that sucks but that's life lol. Seriously though, this feature alone is worth the price of subscribing).
                                                          You lazy bum!

Summary incoming...

On Luatua: Notre Dame is leader, could commit at any time as he doesn't have a firm timeline, likely to take some OVs and will make one to Notre Dame for the USC game.

On Holmes: Notre Dame is leader and his decision schedule is accelerating, will make a visit to UCLA after The Opening and then likely make a decision in July shortly after. Met with the Film, Theater, Television people at ND and IMO this could be a thorn in our side with UCLA if the Bruins sell him hard on this angle/negatively recruit. We'll see what happens but if he makes it through the UCLA visit without heavy interest in the Bruins we should be in good shape. If Holmes commits, things become interesting with Lazard and whether we have room. ISD believes we would take his commitment but it would be a tight fit.

On Blankenship: Will decide in a matter of weeks. If Holmes isn't next, it would likely be Blankenship. ND is in a small top group if not the outright leader.

On Nick Watkins: Notre Dame seems to still be the leader, but he really isn't in any rush to commit anywhere.

On Bonner: Reaches happen weeks before NSD, not in the summer. Staff evaluated him in camp and he passed every test with flying colors.

On Hoge: Has a visit set to Stanford for July 27th... probably takes that visit and a decision could come any time after that. Notre Dame is the clear leader.

On Opening Prospects: ISD will try to catch up in person with a lot of people have questions on. Andrew Williams, Allen Lazard, Josh Malone, Solomon Thomas, Michiah Quick, Damien Mama, Erik Brown, Juju Smith, etc. etc. etc. Lots of guys going to be there.

On Quincy Wilson, Yeargin, Lorenzo Carter: All made stops by Ohio State after ND. Yeargin and Carter seemed to prefer ND; Wilson may have preferred Ohio State. Not necessarily surprising considering Wilson long had Ohio State as a leader after they were a VERY early offer.

On Will Fuller: Apparently already turning heads and is quick AF. With Hunter out and Neal gone wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field in the slot at some point this year. Only problem is that he is too skinny still.
                                                          Last edited by IrishLax; 06-28-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

wow-killer intel

Comment

I jumped on the ISD bandwagon partly because of this feature. There's been like no updates on 247 besides guesses by Loy from camp so that was kinda the last straw for me and Rivals outside of II isn't that good so I'm going with ISD from now on. Also the offers they have for new subscribers is too enticing to pass up.

Comment

Thanks LAX for helping out us peasants. Good stuff in there.

Comment

That's great to hear about all of these guys. I'd love to lock up Luatua before the end of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                    That's great to hear about all of these guys. I'd love to lock up Luatua before the end of summer.
                                                                    Sorry but I can't remember, is he a TE for us or an OLB?

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                      STL and someone else told me Tight End. I watched his tape for the first time this morning and I want him at tight end. He has great speed and isn't shy to knock someone on their *** if he needs to block, just an all around great tight end recruit.

He has good OLB tape though too

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                        either or...big skill...we like him at both from reports that i have read...just a matter of #'s and need
                                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

I really hope Christian is right about Michiah Quick, as he is IMO the best receiver we have a shot at, super explosive and could play X WR, Z WR, CB or Safety.

Comment

Don't understand the wr numbers. That update makes it seem like we only have room for 2? Can someone explain why if we take Holmes we will have to make room for Lazard? Thanks

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                              Don't understand the wr numbers. That update makes it seem like we only have room for 2? Can someone explain why if we take Holmes we will have to make room for Lazard? Thanks
                                                                              Just a guess here, but if Holmes jumps onboard, we'll already have 2 WR commits in Lazard's mold. We'll still want a shifty possession WR (McKenzie), then we'll hold a spot for a big name (Quick, Sims, etc.) So I could easily see Lazard getting frozen out if Holmes beats him to the punch.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                                4 WRs - 1 has to be a "speed" guy with return ability. This leaves you with 3 spots for big outside guys. We have Brent, which leaves you with 2 spots. If we add Holmes, you are down to 1 spot left with 2 WRs that are similar to Lazard in skill set already on board.

So the choice becomes taking Lazard vs waiting for a different kind of player/having to go over the desired number by 1. No matter what way you slice it, Lazard becomes a big time luxury the moment Holmes jumps on board. Conversely, if we miss on Holmes look for Lazard to be a priority.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                  Just a guess here, but if Holmes jumps onboard, we'll already have 2 WR commits in Lazard's mold. We'll still want a shifty possession WR (McKenzie), then we'll hold a spot for a big name (Quick, Sims, etc.) So I could easily see Lazard getting frozen out if Holmes beats him to the punch.
                                                                                  I agree, I don't see and don't think the staff sees Lazard as a can't miss prospect at this point.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    @ISDUpdate: The latest edition of ISD Intel just dropped. Get your weekly look behind the scenes of the #NotreDame program (Free) ISD Intel

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I was an ISD member in 2007 and their analysis and forum were unbearable. In 2007 the ISD leadership and majority of forum members were convinced that the horrific play on the field was a mirage and that Weis was developing a dynasty. Everybody who disagreed and took the time to show how poor the execution was across the board got banned. It was one big, biased group think that was utterly wrong about what ND was doing and where they were headed. I haven't paid for any of the other ones, but I'll never join a pay site again.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        6 years ago might as well be 30 years.
                                                                                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Patulski View Post
                                                                                          I was an ISD member in 2007 and their analysis and forum were unbearable. In 2007 the ISD leadership and majority of forum members were convinced that the horrific play on the field was a mirage and that Weis was developing a dynasty. Everybody who disagreed and took the time to show how poor the execution was across the board got banned. It was one big, biased group think that was utterly wrong about what ND was doing and where they were headed. I haven't paid for any of the other ones, but I'll never join a pay site again.
                                                                                          May I inquire as to the choice of user title?
                                                                                          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Patulski View Post
                                                                                            All the forums were a mess in 2007-2009, this site included.

I respect what you are saying and I don't blame you for not going back, but I will say that it's not the case now, not even close. Of all the pay forums (and I've been on them all at one time or another in the past 2 years), the ISD is the most tolerable as far as board members and the relationships between everyone and the positive vs. negative banter, etc. All the paysites have their qualities, but for me anyway, the ISD members board is the best.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Latest edition of Intel is solid:
                                                                                              Football
                                                                                              -Look for Lombard to stick at guard and Stanley to play RT. Competition not over, but this is seeming more and more like a lock to happen.
                                                                                              -RB chart probably currently looks like Atkinson, Bryant, Folston, McDaniel... obviously, all of the guys have different strengths and might be used in different ways.
                                                                                              -Tommy Rees still struggles with the deep ball but is doing everything else very proficiently.
                                                                                              -Tuitt should be ready to go by first game.
                                                                                              -Expect Fox to be an almost full-time starter at ILB with Carlo and Grace rotating. Right now Carlo would be starter.
                                                                                              -At WR, TJ and DaVaris are locked in. They've heard Chris Brown is running #3 and TJ will play slot when he's on the field. Corey Robinson is the #4 guy... expect red zone work.
                                                                                              -Spond still out with something. Councell #1, Smith #2... expect Smith to play this year especially if Spond remains out. This will be interesting to watch as both Councell and Smith can do something Danny can't... and that's rush the passer.
                                                                                              -Shumate hasn't locked in the other safety spot yet, but he's still on top.
                                                                                              -TJ Jones could win punt return duties.

Crootin'
                                                                                              -In it with Mama, Denbrock had to deal with some negative recruiting on and has done so well. Teams were trying to get him not to consider ND because of our success recruiting linemen in this class and the last one.
                                                                                              -ISD expects Tranquill to flip but it isn't a lock. Per ISD, and I have no idea how much I agree with this, Notre Dame sees Tranquill in much the same light as an Urlacher coming out of HS. Tranquill is "almost 6'3"" and fast with good tackling ability and projects at LB if he can add the weight to get up from 210-220 to 240+. They make the point that Urlacher played S in HS, a S/OLB hybrid at New Mexico, and eventually transitioned into being a full time LB. There is no doubt though that Tranquill has a significantly smaller frame so I'm not sure if I get the comparison entirely. Tranquill is a take because he is versatile and ND isn't really leading for any other LB targets (like Nyles Morgan) that would be higher on the board.
                                                                                              -4 names at DT: Holley, Curtis, Elam, Moten. They believe Curtis is more open than many think but we'll have to wait and see if he visits ND.
                                                                                              -Thin recruiting list at DB. Watkins, Hendrix, and Juju Smith are the only names really on the board... Watkins being the only one we've truly got a good chance with right now. They expect the board to broaden in coming weeks.
                                                                                              -Notes on the NC teammates that decommitted from Mississippi State. Not going to pay any attention to 2016 prospects.
                                                                                              Last edited by IrishLax; 08-16-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Thanks Lax!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                  Latest edition of Intel is solid:
                                                                                                  -In it with Mama, Denbrock had to deal with some negative recruiting on and has done so well. Teams were trying to get him not to consider ND because of our success recruiting linemen in this class and the last one.
                                                                                                  -Look for Lombard to stick at guard and Stanley to play RT. Competition not over, but this is seeming more and more like a lock to happen.
                                                                                                  -RB chart probably currently looks like Atkinson, Bryant, Folston, McDaniel... obviously, all of the guys have different strengths and might be used in different ways.
                                                                                                  -Tommy Rees still struggles with the deep ball but is doing everything else very proficiently.
                                                                                                  -Tuitt should be ready to go by first game.
                                                                                                  -Expect Fox to be an almost full-time starter at ILB with Carlo and Grace rotating. Right now Carlo would be starter.
                                                                                                  -
                                                                                                  Thanks Lax....reps

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Two frosh ahead of Cam? Wow didnt expect that so soon.
                                                                                                    Also I will be bummed if Werewolf isn't a clear cut starter. I like Danco Calabox alot but i thought for sure Grace would be well able to distance himself from them.
                                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X