Any word on Matt Hegarty's health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Matt Hegarty's health?

I have been wondering how Matt is doing? Does anybody have any idea how he is? I really hope he is going to be alright, he is a great young man.

When someone knows something that can be shared, it will be shared.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
      When someone knows something that can be shared, it will be shared.
      This.
      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish To The Core View Post
        I have been wondering how Matt is doing? Does anybody have any idea how he is? I really hope he is going to be alright, he is a great young man.
        Nice thought and concern.
        Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

I think I missed something here. Was there anything at all reported?

Comment

I think I missed something here. Was there anything at all reported?
            Matt Hegarty may miss the rest of the regular season because of a non-football related medical issue, Dan Murphy writes on BlueandGold.com.

Comment

Sucks. Thanks for the info.

Comment

He was immobile on the practice field for some time, and was in the hospital for a few days. That's all that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamellion View Post
                  He was immobile on the practice field for some time, and was in the hospital for a few days. That's all that I know.
                  ugh.
                  assuming a spinal /back injury of some sort?
                  not good.

Comment

Huh? Non football related issue??

Let's just not speculate about it and pray for a full recovery whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                      ugh.
                      assuming a spinal /back injury of some sort?
                      not good.
                      No, all the media have been saying that it's not football-related. Unless they are bullshitting, it must have been a seizure or fainting spell or something that manifested itself on the football field by coincidence but wasn't actually football-related. At least, that's the only way I can reconcile the media reports with Chamellion's intel.

Comment

dont know why they can't just say whats up here especially if whatever it is happened in a football capacity (on the field).
                        i understand privacy issue but is this an INJURY he suffered....or a CONDITION he has.
                        my guess is its the latter and hence the silence.
                        had it been injury im sure kelly could have spoken about it by now

in the end feel horrible for the kid if he has played his last football game already

Comment

Health Updates
                          Sophomore center Matt Hegarty will likely be unable to play or practice with the team for the remainder of the regular season because of a non-football related medical issue.

Kelly said privacy laws prevent him from getting into any detail about the nature of Hegarty’s issue, but he said the reserve linemen needed to go through some medical tests before he was cleared to return to practice.

“I don’t want it to be a cloak and dagger situation. He’s fine but we have to shut him down until we have some further testing,” Kelly said.

The Irish are hoping he can return for the extra two weeks of practice they will have prior to a bowl game next month.

The additional sessions will give several inexperienced players a chance to tune up for next season. Junior Austin Collinworth, who missed this fall after shoulder surgery in June, has been cleared to work out in the weight room and should be able to practice during December. Kelly said the next month will be a big benefit to young players like quarterback Everett Golson, cornerback KeiVarae Russel and wide receiver Chris Brown, who will get a chance for extra reps leading up to a bowl game.

~ Smooth Sailing for Notre Dame and coach Brian Kelly this week

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diz

Comment

I have a friend; one of his best friends is Shaun Mason. Remember him? Big highschool kid out of Toledo. Went to MSU because nobody else offered him? Made a whole bunch of AA teams? Captain?

Well, getting ready for the NFL draft, playing in a college all-star game he hurt his shoulder. That is when they found the cancer.

This last spring, ten years after remission, there were complications. Surgery was required. Shaun has lost the use of his lower extremities. Your prayers and financial help would be appreciated.

Donations can be sent to: "Shaun Mason - Heart of a Spartan."
                            MSUFCU
                            PO Box 1208
                            East Lansing, MI 48826

I am not saying we have such an extreme situation here, but who knows. Maybe if we don't you could show your thanksgiving to God, and send some kindess Shaun's way.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X