Barkley out, Wittek in............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barkley out, Wittek in............

according the notice I just got from ESPN, on my phone.

Kiffin is a tricky dick.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Edit: I can say dick on here???? Fantastic.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
      Kiffin is a tricky dick.

I'll believe it when I see it.

You can thank Mr. Nixon for that.

Comment

I thought the same thing... Wouldn't shock me to hav this be gamemenship... We'll see
        There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Kiffin is a tricky dick.

Sure you can, it's short for Richard...

Comment

What happened to Kiffin and USC not discussing injuries?
            I'll believe it when I see it, but if true this is fantastic.

Comment

OMG-everyone thinks the same thing. Would not surprise me if Kiffy is trying to pull a fast one-Loser.
              I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

If Barkley trots out on the field and starts warming up, Lane will get the ******* of the Decade award...

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                  You can thank Mr. Nixon for that.
                  dshans is Richard Nixon? .....this explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by NYMIKE6 View Post
                    If Barkley trots out on the field and starts warming up, Lane will get the ******* of the Decade award...
                    I'm just saying... dude broke ncaa rules by switching jerseys to fake a field goal against Colorado. After that, I can't imagine he wouldn't do anything and everything possible to beat us.

Comment

I'm just saying... dude broke ncaa rules by switching jerseys to fake a field goal against Colorado. After that, I can't imagine he wouldn't do anything and everything possible to beat us.
                      It's 1000% true. He was in a sling after the game. And Lane is in deep crap right now...he ain't lying to the media so blatantly about his star QB; it's a done deal.

Wittek will start...there's no conspiracy theory here.
                      sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

I'm with you. Add the deflating balls situation with other shady stuff. I would not be surprised, but Kiffin would go down as the biggest cheat in college football.

Comment

posted this in the USC thread but its relevant here:

I'm not getting fired up about this. USC is 7-4, so the change might not be to our advantage?

Comment

So I hear Wittek stole Shembo's bike seat. Any truth to this rumor?

Comment

The Turning Point ‏@TurningP2011
                              Anthony Barr comes through for ND after all Saturday - Anthony Barr sacks Matt Barkley - YouTube

Comment

insert another weak schedule cliche for not facing SC with barkley under center...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSox04 View Post
                                  insert another weak schedule cliche for not facing SC with barkley under center...
                                  12-0 will drown out that noise...

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                                    posted this in the USC thread but its relevant here:

I'm not getting fired up about this. USC is 7-4, so the change might not be to our advantage?
                                    Are you honestly suggesting that a red-shirt frosh is better than Matt Barkley? Future first-round draft pick Matt Barkley? Really now...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                      Are you honestly suggesting that a red-shirt frosh is better than Matt Barkley? Future first-round draft pick Matt Barkley? Really now...
                                      Read: You are stupid.

lol
                                      I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

I will follow suit, I will believe it when I see it

Comment

Oregon just got beat by Stanford's back-up QB.(worth noting) Let's not get to over-excited. Lee & Woods could have 300 yards receiving with Lane throwing passes to them if we are not prepared. JUST WIN

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                            Nope. I'm saying don't count your chickens before they hatch. Everyone wants to be a hero and now that red-shirt has a stage.

We should destroy them.

Comment

Nope. I'm saying don't count your chickens before they hatch. Everyone wants to be a hero and now that red-shirt has a stage.

We should destroy them.
                                              Suggesting that ANYONE on that roster other than Barkley starting isn't in our favor is Chicken Little crap. You're right- we SHOULD destroy them and this only makes it more likely.

Comment

We should destroy them.
                                                I'm sure he'll think he can be Tom Brady to Drew Bledsoe, but the first time Tuitt drops him on his punk *** will make him re-think that. Maybe if this is a Weis defense, but this is a Bob Diaco defense.

Comment

Wittek will be a good one but he is surely not better than Matt. He moved all the way out here to play at Mater Dei from Connecticut. The game plan will and should be the same. Troy nikals auctually picked off a pass at DE and ran it back for 6 against him his senior year

Comment

Just win.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                      Just win.
                                                      How many times I have said that to myself under my breath today? 1,500 give or take.

How many times will I say that throughout the week? Enough for people to start avoiding eye contact.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSox04 View Post
                                                        Can you people give it a rest with your persecution complexes? It is unbelievably obnoxious. We're #1 in all three rankings; we were unanimous in the AP. Nobody is saying anything about our schedule if we win this game. It doesn't matter if Southern Cal starts their punter at QB.

Comment

USC has loads of offensive talent that still frightens me. Algohor, Lee, and Woods are a freakishly good WR core.

I think we we should be able to run all over them though. Their defense is a dumpster fire right now.
                                                          The one who knocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                            Read: You are stupid.

lol
                                                            I got your lol for ya Fbolt

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                                                              USC has loads of offensive talent that still frightens me. Algohor, Lee, and Woods are a freakishly good WR core.

I think we we should be able to run all over them though. Their defense is a dumpster fire right now.
                                                              Their talent scares me because they could all decide to get together and play 4 good quarters of football. However I trust Diaco to draw up a winning scheme.
                                                              "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Call me crazy, but I would rather have faced USC with Barkley under center. I wanted to see the Irish beat the Trojans full strength in front of their home crowd. Our boys could have done it, too.

Comment

Does anyone know anything substantive about this guy...

Comment

It doesn't matter who the quarterback is. The Irish are on a mission. I really doubt our guys are going to be anything but as prepared as they ever been. I take us against anybody.

Comment

dshans is Richard Nixon? .....this explains a lot.
                                                                      I am not a crook ...

Comment

Originally posted by dshans View Post
                                                                        I am not a crook ...
                                                                        Yes, yes you are. It is ok, we love you anyways.

Comment

Still think its a game that will be won by our offense. Their defense is an absolute mess. Not suggesting our D can't shut them down just think its a perfect time for the offense to go ape.

USC hasn't been disciplined all season, hard to think that will change in afew days. You are what your record says you are. Dont let them off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by CTIDANDREW View Post
                                                                            Oregon just got beat by Stanford's back-up QB.(worth noting)
                                                                            Oregon got beat by Stanford's defensive front 7 not their offense.

The QB for Stanford played well and that pass to Ertz was right on the money, but their game plan that night was basically feed the ball to Stephan Taylor.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Doesn't matter who is starting for the condoms at QB...This will be their superbowl. Nothing would make them happier than knocking us outta NC title contention.

I'm more nervous about this game than any in history....The ONLY way back is through our rival. And believe me, they're looking to end it and brag about it for the next 20 years.

Stay focused. Leave no doubt.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                                Still think its a game that will be won by our offense. Their defense is an absolute mess. Not suggesting our D can't shut them down just think its a perfect time for the offense to go ape.

USC hasn't been disciplined all season, hard to think that will change in afew days. You are what your record says you are. Dont let them off the hook.
                                                                                also a perfect time for Manti to house a few picks. Last game before heisman, rivalry, ND trying to seal spot in NC. Gameday. Stakes and audience dont get much bigger. Teo will be lights out. backup QB in the game.....can you smell it?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Clearly Barkley will be starting, or he'll be playing in Wittek's jersey.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    For the season, Wittek is 8-9 for 95 yards and 1 td, no int's. Was he a highly touted recruit?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      #3 Pro style QB in 2011 behind Driskel at Florida and his own backup Saturday, Cody Kessler. Offers from everyone.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Wouldn't surprise me if, out of desperation, Kiffin got like a Mark Sanchez to dress up as Wittek and play.
                                                                                        "Canada is the greatest nation in this country." -Allan Lamport

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Its great that Wittek was so highly regarded, but there is a reason he was not starting: Barkley is better.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Highly recruited or not, he's a backup with very few real-time or first team reps. We can do this.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              He's still throwing to the best WR corps in the country. Saturday can be the day that shows our "inexperienced" secondary is actually a damn good secondary.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Title2014 View Post
                                                                                                He's still throwing to the best WR corps in the country. Saturday can be the day that shows our "inexperienced" secondary is actually a damn good secondary.
                                                                                                I doubt there is anyyone on our roster that can cover Woods/Lee (of course the same could be said for the rest of the country) but if we just play our scheme, we can beat them with or without Barkley.

OU has a better offense than USC...and they only got in the endzone once. I like our chances

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  They won't be able to run on us. Diaco will, as usual, give up the underneath routes in exchange for big play prevention (and Lee will probably produce some very good YAC, just like OU's Jalen Saunders did against us). But Wittek is going to have to throw quickly and accurately to keep drives going that way, all while Shembo, Tuitt, KLM and Nix are bearing down upon him. I wouldn't be surprised to see our defense produce a TD or two as a result.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by clashmore_jon View Post
                                                                                                    also a perfect time for Manti to house a few picks. Last game before heisman, rivalry, ND trying to seal spot in NC. Gameday. Stakes and audience dont get much bigger. Teo will be lights out. backup QB in the game.....can you smell it?
                                                                                                    I don't think Coach Kelly or the team has forgotten that USC was very vocal in saying that we quit last year. Although I am sure he was cordial I don't think he appreciated Lame's condescending phone apology either. I think we come out ready for a little retribution, I think this one is a little more personal than this team is letting on.
                                                                                                    Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X