Kyle Brindza anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Brindza anyone

I hate kickers to begin with, but seriously this is the best we got.

I've never met a kicker who made 100% of his PATs.

Comment

True

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
      I've never met a kicker who made 100% of his PATs.
      but that's a PAT you gotta hit. Imagine if the game was 20-19 at that point....I don't mind him missing 35+ yarders but c'mon man...
      Play Like a Champion Today

Comment

He's young, and he's missed his fair share. It's his first year kicking full time in DI. He's going to make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
          He's young, and he's missed his fair share. It's his first year kicking full time in DI. He's going to make mistakes.
          Unfortunately, (and thankfully it hasn't cost us yet) true.
          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by NDfan12 View Post
            but that's a PAT you gotta hit. Imagine if the game was 20-19 at that point....I don't mind him missing 35+ yarders but c'mon man...
            He doesn't snap or hold the ball though. He can't take all of the blame.
            2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

I'll take Brindza any day of the week. Game on the line, season on the line, and he makes it every time. Our team should've have to be in tight game every week anyways.

How many kickers could've bounced back to make that 40 yard fg in OT after the kind of day he had?

With a chance to ice the Oklahoma game, he makes it.

Purdue game on the line (and if he misses we go to OT and possibly lose) he makes it.

Comment

I'm cool with Brindza. Remember, he didn't begin the year as our starting kicker. I believe he'll be just fine.

Comment

In the heat of the moment after a miss, everybody is frustrated. It's understandable. Nobody is as frustrated as Kyle though. He is the best we have right now. Show him some support. If the offense could punch the ball in from the red zone this thread wouldn't even exist.
                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

A kickers job is alot harder than it looks.
                    "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

He is officially on double secret probation. Love the kid and he has it all but kickers are solely played based on results. Get it together and become great Kyle !

Comment

No malice intended here...I'm real curious why his kickoffs aren't deeper. I thought with his leg, goal line was a minimum.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?
                        I'm kind of a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by NDinMich View Post
                          No malice intended here...I'm real curious why his kickoffs aren't deeper. I thought with his leg, goal line was a minimum.

my two cents...is that when its cold its harder to get distance.
                          "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Always seems to make the big ones in crunch time. Gotta respect the kid for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                              I'll buy that.
                              I'm kind of a big deal

Comment

The missed FG was bad and the missed extra pt could have easily cost us the game...but he has made some big kicks when we needed them. I would much rather have a kicker that misses some easy ones every once in a while than one that makes the easy ones and misses the most important ones when the game is on the line.
                                Speaking of Brindza, I think it's time to give him a punting audition if we are seriously considering him to punt next year. I've had enough of Turk!!!
                                The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

He has more distance than the kickers in our recent past. Sometimes kickers miss. The truth is the kicker is either the hero or the goat. On some of those kicks the snaps looked a little high and one seemed late getting down. Don't get me wrong you have to make them but we know just like a qb is going to throw a pic from time to time a kicker is going to miss.
                                  The original wakeuptheechoes not to be confused with wakeupechoes.

Comment

I guess for me in this game and a few others this year missed fiels goals are what get us in the last one with the ball situations. Kickers get celebrated or cursed for one play, and that's why we get so frustrated with them. They don't grind all game long like most players.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post

In the ND Post Game Show, Nolan, Reggie, and Mirko discussed the short kicks and cold weather. I believe it was Mirko that said he thought it was the game plan to try and limit returns. He also noted that it didn't work. PIT has a good return man.

Comment

I am 23 I am now 33 because of this game. Brinza scares the **** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                          Nothing wrong with being 33...

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                          In the ND Post Game Show, Nolan, Reggie, and Mirko discussed the short kicks and cold weather. I believe it was Mirko that said he thought it was the game plan to try and limit returns. He also noted that it didn't work. PIT has a good return man.
                                          I thought that too, and I believe it's a good game plan but it really didn't work today. Either the coverage wasn't there or the kicks weren't high enough.
                                          I'm kind of a big deal

Comment

Kyle is a pretty good kicker. Things like that happen sometimes. He will bounce back.
                                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                              This, except 42/62.
                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

35 /64

Comment

Irish need to start cashing in the long drives with TDs. Then we don't have to worry about missed field goals, just point after. ... I'm assuming if the soccer team had a stronger candidate, BK would grab him.
                                                  The Notre Dame Fan's Book of Life Lessons

Comment

Sometimes we forget these are 18-22 year old kids and expect them to be perfect.

Comment

Did you guys see the snap on the PAT? It ROLLED to Turk. Coward screwed up again. Brindza gets zero blame for that.

Comment

Special teams, in general, are a huge weak spot on this team. The return game is non-existent. Coverage teams are average at best. Net punting is below average. And kicking is inconsistent.

We are EXTREMELY lucky miscues have not cost us a game yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                          He doesn't snap or hold the ball though. He can't take all of the blame.
                                                          Kelly got all over Cowart after that lousy snap on the miissed PAT.

Comment

If Tausch is healthy he should get his job back. He was money inside the 50. Kyle has been serviceable but Tausch is more accurate and has better elevation to his kicks. Let him Try some punts because with all the time Turk has had back there he should do better.

Comment

Cowart has been very inconsistent all season. My dad has been bitching about the snaps all season. He seems fine on punts, but he makes Turk do a lot of work far too often on the holds. The kid is on scholarship for a reason. He needs to step it up.

Anyway, all of you people are being very, very harsh on Brindza. He is going to be a major asset in the next couple years (just a sophomore, non?). Pitt's kicker missed a 33-yarder to destroy our season and save theirs. How do you think they feel about their kicker? LSU missed two FGs and faked one because of a lack of confidence.

Today, Brindza made TWO field goals in overtime or else we lose. In Norman, Brindza nailed a long field goal to seal the deal. He made the winner against Purdue.

Have some perspective, folks.
                                                              Last edited by North Buffalo Irish; 11-04-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Thank you to the supporters of Kyle Brindza and to those who don't support him, it's unfortunate. Here is what I say as a family member as I speak from all of the Brindza's - To anyone who wants to judge or criticize any of the ND players after they play their hearts out every weekend, we challenge you to come to the campus and say it in person. But beware, behind every one of those players is a very BIG and very strong ND family who supports and loves them through the good and bad. We are ND, we are family, we are STILL and undefeated TEAM.
                                                                Last edited by princesspea; 11-04-2012, 10:10 AM. Reason: Deleted portion of post

Comment

Originally posted by princesspea View Post
                                                                  Thank you to the supporters of Kyle Brindza and to those who don't support him, it's unfortunate. Here is what I say as a family member as I speak from all of the Brindza's - To anyone who wants to judge or criticize any of the ND players after they play their hearts out every weekend, we challenge you to come to the campus and say it in person. But beware, behind every one of those players is a very BIG and very strong ND family who supports and loves them through the good and bad. We are ND, we are family, we are STILL and undefeated TEAM.

My Father, Kyle's Grandfather and father figure, has probably turned a minimum of 20 times in his urn, at the disappointment in ND alumni and fans at the lack of support shown to specific players.
                                                                  So that makes you either Aunt Pea or Mom.

Regardless of the relationship, you're on the mark. Aunt Bea couldn't have said it any better.

To often we fans forget, these are students who not only go to class, they excel there in a highly competitive environment. Then they compete against highly ranked opponents on the field and excel.

They are young men but still they're kids, albeit big ones. They aren't the Cowboys, the Bears, or the Yankees. They aren't Pros making $25 million a year. They are student athletes and we are fortunate to have them represent us. They deserve better.

Mea culpa.

Comment

I am not blaming Brindza at all for the missed PAT. The snap was God-awful. Turk did a great job of getting it down as quickly as he could, but by that point it had screwed up Brindza's timing. Yeah, you'd like to see him adjust and still make it, but it's his first full season kicking and I'll give him a break.

I've been pretty happy with him so far this season.

Comment

While brindza has been shaky at times this year he has been very good in the clutch. We definitely wouldn't be undefeated without him

Comment

He's young and SHOULD only get better in time. All these pressure situations will pay dividends in the long run.

Comment

I for one support Kyle and i apologize for those of us on IE that criticize the young man that is a champ and leaves a 100% every week on the field.

Comment

For some Brindza appreciate, check this thread:

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notr...am-season.html
                                                                            If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Yesterday, the team was flat and there were some mistakes that could have cost us the game. But the bottom line is this team came together and did what it needed to do to get a victory.

Two quarterbacks with interceptions, a senior running back with a fumble at the goal line, a missed field goal and extra point, a senior receiver dropping a touchdown pass, and poor play calling at first and goal to go on the missed touchdown opportunity early in the game. Kyle made three out of four field goals in yesterday's game. In a game that was won in triple overtime, his kicking was crucial to getting us into overtime and in preventing an overtime loss.

The team held together and clutched victory from the jaws of defeat. Kyle Brindza was a key part of that victory.
                                                                              Last edited by EddytoNow; 11-04-2012, 12:05 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Something like 40 kickers have not missed a PAT this year; that means that there are 80'ish (2/3 of the kickers) that HSVE missed at least one. It can be annoying, but as has been pointed out by others, it is an operation (snapper, holder, kicker) that is very dependent on timing. When the timing gets thrown off, the kicker can look like Charles Barkley in his golf swing, but is often singularly blamed by the majority.

The missed FG was from 43 yards on a cold day. That is surely not a gimme. Yeah, Kyle has missed some short ones this year, but TJ Jones (not to call him out, because he has been so amazingly clutch this year), dropped an easy pass that he would admit to himself that he should catch 100 out of 100 times; stuff happens from time to time.

princesspea, hope Kyle takes the Jack Nicklaus approach and tells himself that he has never missed a kick from inside 50yds (Jack said this about never missing a put inside 5 feet to win a tournament). Confidence is such a big thing, and for someone who has fought through what Kyle has - to firstly get a scholarship (given the significant medical issues he had with his foot at birth), right up to winning the kicking job for a NC caliber team - getting over a few misses should be no issue for him.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Well said.
                                                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #42

I feel like when he tries a standard kick and just tries to put it in the air, it's not getting the distance. When he really leans forward and belts it to the left corner, he can get it out if he wants to. I think our kick coverage had been good enough before Pitt to pin them back with him getting his kicks to the goal line. Not last night.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Kyle Brindza almost cost us the game yesterday. He made his overtime kick but his mechanics are shaky at best. Hopefully he will improve

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by arahop View Post
                                                                                        Kyle Brindza almost cost us the game yesterday.
                                                                                        In all fairness you can say that about almost anyone on the field. Hell, Cierre fumbled in the endzone on what would've been the go ahead TD. There's enough blame AND praise to go 'round.
                                                                                        Working in the South til I can retire in the North.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Our team was good enough to overcome a mistake. I'm more happy about that. We drove down the field and, even after a Golson interception, got a TD and 2pt conversion. This is what great teams do with magical seasons; they pick each other up and make others play better.

Brindza came back after missing the PA and saved the game for us in OT.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Does anybody know what's up with Tausch? Is he hurt? I don't remember any information coming out. Did we forget him in Ireland maybe?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by arahop View Post
                                                                                              Kyle Brindza almost cost us the game yesterday. He made his overtime kick but his mechanics are shaky at best. Hopefully he will improve
                                                                                              Our powerhouse defense almost cost us the game. Golson almost cost us the game. Tommy almost cost us the game. BK almost cost us the game. There is enough blame to go around for how badly the Irish played. It's stupid to say it's all on Brindza.
                                                                                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                smh at people.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  This is ridiculous hes a FRESHMAN I saw this kid making 50 yard field goals his senior year in HS you cant expect a freshman at any position to make no mistakes. Kickers are head cases its all about confidence and I think you multiply that by 1000 if its you're first year. Bashing the kid after a game we won sure will help with that?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDfan12 View Post
                                                                                                    Pay attention. The ball rolled back there. Lets talk about the snapper. Hell lets not talk about any of them. Why rip these kids?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X