BCS Rankings: 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCS Rankings: 2012

Note: This thread may not be for the "one game at a time" guys. If you are one of them, you may want to hit your back button now.

A lot of us will be glued to the TV tomorrow watching ESPN's BCS show at 8:30pm. Hate the whole BCS system, and can't wait till 2014. Until then, it's all we have. Let the speculation begin.
    1. Looking like ND will be #4 with SC and WV losses
    2. Are we worthy?
    3. Is our D at the level of Bama and LSU?
    4. If we are fortunate enough to win out, are we still out of the picture if Oregon and Bama go undefeated?

BCS simulator. Gosh I love those computers.
    BCS Guru -- BCS Standings (Current)
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Yes, Yes, and No.

Comment

It sucks that the human polls drag us down so much. So much ND hate.

Comment

I think it's funny. The idea of ND being "overrated" has become so mainstream that human polls consistently underrate us, even when we do well.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
          I think it's funny. The idea of ND being "overrated" has become so mainstream that human polls consistently underrate us, even when we do well.
          I think the humans are just waiting for us to have a big road win. I'd bet if we win @ OK, lots of human love will come our way. But not all... As long as the SEC keeps collecting NCs every year, Bama, UF, LSU, etc will get all the human love.

Comment

Defense is big time.

I think we are outside looking in if there aren't a few more surprises this season. I'm a Stanford fan the rest of the way for sure, we need their help.

Let's beat BYU and Boomer Sooner and quiet the haters.
            "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

We all need to be cheering for everyone on our schedule. Those computers can help! Still wish UM would have beat AL. But I'm with you. Don't fall for the trap game in BYU, and go shut down OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                Note: This thread may not be for the "one game at a time" guys. If you are one of them, you may want to hit your back button now.

A lot of us will be glued to the TV tomorrow watching ESPN's BCS show at 8:30pm. Hate the whole BCS system, and can't wait till 2014. Until then, it's all we have. Let the speculation begin.
                1. Looking like ND will be #4 with SC and WV losses
                2. Are we worthy?
                3. Is our D at the level of Bama and LSU?
                4. If we are fortunate enough to win out, are we still out of the picture if Oregon and Bama go undefeated?

BCS simulator. Gosh I love those computers.
                BCS Guru -- BCS Standings (Current)

How many times are these same questions going to be asked? There's no change in our status, no losses, the defense goes another week against a good team without yielding a TD.

Why keep repeating this drivel. "Are we worthy?" That's May's and Reilly's schtick. Why are you feeding them material?

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                  Why keep repeating this drivel. "Are we worthy?" That's May's and Reilly's schtick. Why are you feeding them material?
                  I for one believe that we can be very special. I also think we have several holes and several things to care for before we stake our claim (without debate) to Top 4 status. Mark May is a DB, and is a hater. I'm not. I do have several legitimate concerns though.

Right now our D is playing championship level from a stats perspective. I do not think however our secondary has been truly tested by an elite passing game. I do not think our O is where it needs to be. Can we get there, absolutely. I'm not a negative Nancy at all, but I am a realist. The team keeps surprising me. They keep improving. The young DBs are getting better every game. Our D seems to find a way every single game.

All that said, we haven't beaten a top 5 team. UM, Stanford, Mich St., are all good teams, but they are not AL, LSU, etc.. If we can go thump OK, in my mind we are worthy to be in the top 4 discussion. Until then, I'm enjoying the ride, appreciating this f'ing awesome group of young men, and praying we continue down this path.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                    ... All that said, we haven't beaten a top 5 team. UM, Stanford, Mich St., are all good teams, but they are not AL, LSU, etc.. If we can go thump OK, in my mind we are worthy to be in the top 4 discussion. Until then, I'm enjoying the ride, appreciating this f'ing awesome group of young men, and praying we continue down this path.
                    I'm sorry WTF has ALA, LSU, ORE, KSU beaten?

Here's a list of last Sunday's Coaches Poll with the Sagarin Tougest Schedules, as of last week, added:

Please note the teams you are in awe of and the soft schedules they've played like ALA at #50 and ORE at #86, KSU at #115. By Comparison ND is #21. Stop swallowing the SEC/ESPN spin.

UF was the only one tougher than ours of the top teams and Stanford was up there and their schedule got even tougher this week as did ND's while UF's and ALA's weakened.

ND started in the mid 30's preseason and had to claw their way into the top 5 playing major college teams not the likes of Savannah State. Michigan was a highly ranked team and unlike the SEC's Arkansas, UM has climbed back into the polls while ARK is hoping for some 1AA opponents so they can find a couple of wins.

Yes, we have questions on paper, we all are aware of that. However, ON THE FIELD, ND is 6-0 and didn't play a 1AA opponent (or a couple of them) to pad the schedule. ND also does NOT have revenue sharing conference buddies to stuff the ballot box either. ND earns their votes every week, they don't get them as a quid pro quo.

10/7 Coaches Poll with Sagarin Strength of Schedule Added

Rank Team Record - Sagarin Strength of Schedule; Schedules OVER 50 Toughest in RED
                    1 Alabama 5-0 50
                    2 Oregon 6-0 86
                    3 South Carolina 6-0 44
                    4 West Virginia 5-0 37
                    5 Kansas St. 5-0 115
                    6 Florida 5-0 11
                    7 Notre Dame 5-0 21
                    8 LSU 5-1 89
                    9 USC 4-1 26
                    10 Oklahoma 3-1 51
                    11 Florida St. 5-1 111
                    12 Georgia 5-1 48
                    13 Clemson 5-1 56
                    14 Oregon St. 4-0 15
                    15 Texas 4-1 25
                    16 Louisville 5-0 121
                    17 Stanford 4-1 12
                    18 Mississippi St. 5-0 136
                    19 Rutgers 5-0 410 0 126
                    20 Cincinnati 4-0 129
                    21 Texas A&M 4-1 86
                    22 Boise St. 4-1 53
                    23 TCU 4-1 99
                    24 Louisiana Tech 5-0 113
                    25 Iowa St. 4-1 24

Others Receiving Votes
                    Arizona State (4-1) 42;
                    Baylor (3-1) 10;
                    Michigan (3-2) 33;
                    Northwestern (5-1) 77;
                    Michigan State (4-2) 30;
                    Ohio (6-0) 23;
                    Nebraska (4-2) 59;
                    Texas Tech (4-1) 93;
                    Duke (5-1) 139;
                    Wisconsin (4-2) 46;
                    Western Kentucky (4-1) 95;
                    Louisiana-Lafayette (4-1) 153;
                    North Carolina State (4-2) 66;
                    Oklahoma State (2-2) 43;
                    San Jose State (4-1) 88;
                    Louisiana-Monroe (3-2) 61;
                    Nevada (5-1) 125;
                    Toledo (5-1) 114

Comment

ND is the ONLY team in the AP to beat 3 ranked opponents.

People...do you realize that when WE beat a team, that effects their W-L record? So beating UM makes them a bad team? According to the talking heads...yes. Any team we beat must be having an off-year because ND beat them. They refuse to admit that ND is beating legitimate competition week in and week out.

USC was considered the NC favorite. Stanford beats em. We go on to beat Stanford and we don't have a signature win? BS!

Michigan loses to arguably the best team in America. They demolish every other opponent thus far..except for the Irish. Does that make them a bad team? For all we know they could have the third best team in the country.

MSU has admittedly been below average. Having said that...the game was undefeated MSU at night in East Lansing (ranked at the time as one of the toughest places to play in the USA). 20-3.

Miami was considered a high-powered offense coming off a big win vs NC State (who knocked off #3 FSU BTW). We SHUT THEM DOWN and DEMOLISHED THEM IN EVERY WAY!

Our defense has been lights out. We have a freaking Heisman contender at MLB. We rank at the top of the country in defensive production and we have played ALL DIVISION 1A OPPONENTS!!!!

Not sure Oregon deserves its ranking, not sure KSU deserves theirs more than us. Not even sure Alabama deserves to be #1. Florida has a legitimate argument for that spot based on their performance this year vs real opponents.

Does ND deserve top 4? Hands down, no doubt, 100% YES they do. Will they stay in the top4? Who knows...it's a long season. But to this point they 100% deserve to be ranked at the top of the college football world!

Comment

If we win out we will be in Miami playing for all the marbles. There will be no doubt about our resume.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFBfanatic View Post

People...do you realize that when WE beat a team, that effects their W-L record? So beating UM makes them a bad team? According to the talking heads...yes. Any team we beat must be having an off-year because ND beat them. They refuse to admit that ND is beating legitimate competition week in and week out.

USC was considered the NC favorite. Stanford beats em. We go on to beat Stanford and we don't have a signature win? BS!

Michigan loses to arguably the best team in America. They demolish every other opponent thus far..except for the Irish. Does that make them a bad team? For all we know they could have the third best team in the country.

MSU has admittedly been below average. Having said that...the game was undefeated MSU at night in East Lansing (ranked at the time as one of the toughest places to play in the USA). 20-3.

Miami was considered a high-powered offense coming off a big win vs NC State (who knocked off #3 FSU BTW). We SHUT THEM DOWN and DEMOLISHED THEM IN EVERY WAY!

Our defense has been lights out. We have a freaking Heisman contender at MLB. We rank at the top of the country in defensive production and we have played ALL DIVISION 1A OPPONENTS!!!!

Not sure Oregon deserves its ranking, not sure KSU deserves theirs more than us. Not even sure Alabama deserves to be #1. Florida has a legitimate argument for that spot based on their performance this year vs real opponents.

Does ND deserve top 4? Hands down, no doubt, 100% YES they do. Will they stay in the top4? Who knows...it's a long season. But to this point they 100% deserve to be ranked at the top of the college football world!

That's what I'm talking about. Teams like UGA and Alabama have cream puff schedules but since they play in the SEC they get credited for playing a "brutal" SEC schedule. I'd put our schedule up against anyone in the Top 25 and I'm confident it would match up. Florida gets respect from me because their schedule is pretty tough but it looks a little less daunting today than it did two weeks ago.
                          "It is so much easier to live placidly and complacently. Of course, to live placidly and complacently is not to live at all."-Jack London

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFBfanatic View Post

Miami was considered a high-powered offense coming off a big win vs NC State (who. knocked off #3 FSU BTW). We SHUT THEM DOWN and DEMOLISHED THEM IN EVERY WAY!

This!

Comment

If ND goes undefeated, they will be in the championship game... I dont give a **** what the other teams do.

Comment

Who cares about the poll today. We have six more tests ahead of us. Like Hoosier said, if we run the table we are in. Lets stay in our sphere and take care of our business.

Comment

Originally posted by RECON Daddy View Post
                                  Who cares about the poll today. We have six more tests ahead of us. Like Hoosier said, if we run the table we are in. Lets stay in our sphere and take care of our business.
                                  Our business is to root for the team and do stuff like this for fun. Winning games is the team's job.
                                  "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

BCS Guru suggests #4 in their rankings. Florida & Oregon have better chances to lose than we do. I am booking my tickets to Miami. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
                                      BCS Guru suggests #4 in their rankings. Florida & Oregon have better chances to lose than we do. I am booking my tickets to Miami. That is all.
                                      Holy ****. Phork is all in for this team. Get your affairs in order.

Love it.

Comment

Who is that? What have you done with Phork?

Comment

IMO we have a better chance to lose than Oregon.

Comment

Troll
                                            Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

I'd love to see the SEC run on National Championships end. I'd be ecstatic if it was the Irish that ended it. If all parts of this team start firing on all cylinders, we can play with anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by OutintheBend View Post
                                                IMO we have a better chance to lose than Oregon.
                                                They have USC, Stanford and OregonSt. @USC and @Corvalis. Corvalis is going to be rocking. Then they will most likely have to beat USC again in the Pac12 Championship.

We have USC and Oklahoma on the road. USC does not look that good. Hell ArizonaSt controls its destiny and could knock USC out of the Pac12 championship. Imagine if I told you ASU vs OSU for the Pac12 at the start of the year. Crazy.

I like our shot much better and the computers have us on lock down. I am not afraid of USC or Oklahoma.

Comment

They have USC, Stanford and OregonSt. @USC and @Corvalis. Corvalis is going to be rocking. Then they will most likely have to beat USC again in the Pac12 Championship.

We have USC and Oklahoma on the road. USC does not look that good. Hell ArizonaSt controls its destiny and could knock USC out of the Pac12 championship. Imagine if I told you ASU vs OSU for the Pac12 at the start of the year. Crazy.

I like our shot much better and the computers have us on lock down. I am not afraid of USC or Oklahoma.
                                                  "Listen to him OutInTheBend. Phork was pre-law.....Or was it pre-med? What's the difference?"

:)

Comment

Palm has ND #4 overall. The computers rank ND with a 2.0 average which makes ND #1 on the computers. UF follows them with 2.25, then Bama with 2.75. KSU 4.75 and ORE 5.75.

NCAA College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com

Comment

You're either on to something or on something.
                                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                                        You're either on to something or on something.
                                                        I'll take the prior for $500, Alex

Comment

Originally posted by HereComeTheIrish View Post
                                                          "Listen to him OutInTheBend. Phork was pre-law.....Or was it pre-med? What's the difference?"

:)

The difference.

One occupation has the dictum "First due no harm" while the other goes by, "Screw 'em for all you can get"

Interesting that doctors tend to be republicans and lawyers overwhelmingly democrats.

Go Irish!

Comment

Phork is right. We have the best path to the NCG out of the undefeated teams left. Kansas State will not be able to get in with their schedule IMO. Oregon & ND definitely will end with tougher SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                              The difference.

One occupation has the dictum "First due no harm" while the other goes by, "Screw 'em for all you can get"

Interesting that doctors tend to be republicans and lawyers overwhelmingly democrats.

Go Irish!
                                                              I was attempting a movie line from "Animal House" (and apparently poorly I might add...). I know the difference. :)

Comment

here we go! What did davis mean by infuriating?

Comment

davis said "bound to be surprises near the top" maybe ND is higher than we thought?

Comment

WHAT. THE. FUK.....

Comment

computers had us 2. smell the hate..drink it innnnnn

Comment

Kansas State won't be a problem after next week.

Comment

Nom nom nom nom...

Comment

Maybe a big jump by the Okies also?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Anybody watching ESPN notice how Herbstreet's face is really shiny?
                                                                              I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                1. Alabama
                                                                                2. Florida
                                                                                3. Oregon
                                                                                4. KSU
                                                                                5. ND

yup.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                  Anybody watching ESPN notice how Herbstreet's face is really shiny?
                                                                                  I wish I could but I can't watch it online.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    He's at home. No make up
                                                                                    Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      1Alabama .9761 NR 1 2870 1.0070 1 1475 1.0000 3 5 1 3 4 1 3 .930
                                                                                      2Florida.9092 NR 3 2554 .8961 4 1297 .8793 1 1 5 2 2 2 2 .960
                                                                                      3 Oregon .8993 NR 2 2758 .9677 2 1414 .9586 6 6 3 6 8 6 10 .780
                                                                                      4 Kansas State .8963 NR 4 2538 .8905 3 1307 .8861 4 2 4 5 3 3 1 .920
                                                                                      5 Notre Dame .8774 NR 5 2427 .8516 5 1251 .8481 2 3 2 1 1 4 4 .940
                                                                                      6 LSU .7522 NR 6 2263 .7940 6 1179 .7993 9 17 6 12 11 5 8 .670
                                                                                      7 South Carolina .6930 NR 7 1992 .6989 8 1012 .6861 7 8 7 8 10 9 9 .700
                                                                                      8 Oregon State .6808 NR 10 1850 .6491 11 839 .5688 5 4 9 4 5 7 5 .830
                                                                                      9 Oklahoma .6664 NR 9 1860 .6526 7 1021 .6922 10 15 10 14 6 8 6 .660
                                                                                      10 USC .5959 NR 11 1820 .6386 9 995 .6746 15 12 8 17 17 10 20 .480
                                                                                      11 Georgia .4980 NR 12 1574 .5523 12 806 .5464 17 14 14 18 18 14 19 .400
                                                                                      12 Mississippi State .4846 NR 14 1348 .4730 16 671 .4549 12 7 21 9 16 13 13 .530
                                                                                      13 West Virginia .4793 NR 15 1291 .4530 15 677 .4590 12 11 12 13 9 17 15 .530
                                                                                      14 Florida State .4277 NR 8 1898 .6660 10 919 .6231 28 0 0 0 0 23 0 .000
                                                                                      15 Rutgers .4083 NR 17 947 .3323 17 495 .3356 11 10 20 10 15 11 12 .560
                                                                                      16 Louisville .4061 NR 16 1228 .4309 14 695 .4712 19 16 0 16 20 19 17 .320
                                                                                      17 Texas Tech .3572 NR 21 534 .1874 20 274 .1858 7 9 11 7 7 21 7 .700
                                                                                      18 Texas A&M .3379 NR 19 674 .2365 19 397 .2692 14 18 23 11 12 12 11 .510
                                                                                      19 Clemson .3341 NR 13 1437 .5042 13 741 .5024 28 0 22 0 0 0 0 .000
                                                                                      20 Stanford .2654 NR 20 634 .2225 23 215 .1458 16 13 16 15 14 16 21 .430
                                                                                      21 Cincinnati .2483 NR 18 793 .2782 18 456 .3092 21 21 0 21 24 15 22 .160
                                                                                      22 Boise State .1978 NR 23 488 .1712 22 271 .1837 20 20 13 20 22 18 23 .240
                                                                                      23 TCU .1377 NR 22 514 .1804 21 272 .1844 26 0 18 0 25 22 0 .050
                                                                                      24 Iowa State .1139 NR NR 24 .0084 NR 5 .0034 18 19 17 19 13 0 16 .330
                                                                                      25 Texas .0640 NR 25 188 .0660 NR 54 .0366 23 0 24 0 19 20 25 .090
                                                                                      Last edited by Kanye West; 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        haha ND quietly in to top 5, ESPN hasnt even mentioned them yet other than saying that they were 2 in the computers

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          talking about best defensive teams in the country.... no mention of ND

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            two computers have us as number 1. Number 5 is bull crap

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Ahhh NOW the ND segment after the commercial

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                so... how did Florida get such a boost?

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Beating ever so tough Vandy, UT, and Bowling Green.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Be serious.

SEC.

Done deal.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X