Manti Te'o Tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manti Te'o Tragedy

Haven't been by in a while but was catching up on some news elsewhere and it sounds like Manti needs our prayers. Early indications are that his girlfriend has suddenly passed away.

Early indications??

Comment

Need sources, please explain more

Comment

Where did you hear this? That's terrible news!

Comment

Originally posted by We_Are_ND View Post
          Need sources, please explain more
          Sounds true according to his twitter

https://twitter.com/MTeo_5

Comment

Reading his twitter now. Sad.

Comment

Extremely sad, thoughts are with Te'o. Needless to say the name of this thread gave me a quick heart attack.

Earlier tweets of hers seem to indicate an accident of some kind? Physical therapy maybe? Anybody know anything on that?
              "If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today." - Dr. Lou

Comment

She tweeted that it looks like she has a challenge of herself to overcome. Man reading her previous tweets is just heart wrenching. She stayed very positive though, and it seems so has Manti.

Take the weekend off brotha. ND nation will pull through for you!

Comment

Very sad news. Always hurts to lose someone you love.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                    Very sad news. Always hurts to lose someone you love.
                    Fortunately I've never had to experience it yet since I'm still young, but I can only imagine... Prayers go to Teo

Comment

Originally posted by Cogs View Post
                      Fortunately I've never had to experience it yet since I'm still young, but I can only imagine... Prayers go to Teo
                      I'm young too dude. Death doesn't make an appointment. You just got to be strong and remember that you at least were able to spend time with the person while they were here because that is all you can ask for.

Comment

Prayers go out

Comment

Was she a ND student? Man this is terrible.

Comment

Omg. Manti take as much time as you need. Our prayers are with you.
                            Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers out to Manti and the family of this young lady. So so very sad to hear this news.

Comment

One of her tweets was about fighting Leukemia.

I encourage all of you to take some time and read through some of her tweets. I promise you will be encouraged. She seemed to be a very loving person who was very mature in her faith. The words she spoke in her short tweets gave me hope today. RIP
                                https://twitter.com/LennayKay

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                  One of her tweets was about fighting Leukemia.

I encourage all of you to take some time and read through some of her tweets. I promise you will be encouraged. She seemed to be a very loving person who was very mature in her faith. The words she spoke in her short tweets gave me hope today. RIP
                                  https://twitter.com/LennayKay
                                  Very, very brave, and it seems she endured a lot of tragedy herself. I'd say we can all be inspired by her, and comforted that she's not suffering anymore if she was. RIP.
                                  "If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today." - Dr. Lou

Comment

Rest In Peace.

It's just a game brother...take as long as you need away from it.
                                    We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

Lennay Kekua, R.I.P.

Comment

That is simply heartbreaking.

The collective thoughts/prayers of Irish Nation are with you today, Manti. Stay strong.
                                        Originally posted by koonja
                                        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

Sad, sad news. May she rest in the Arms of the Lord and suffer no more pain. May the Lord please bring peace to her family and loved ones.

Comment

Thoughts and Prayers to her family, friends and to Manti.

Comment

What a tragedy. Prayers go out to her family and Manti's. Her spirit and soul are now in a glorified, eternal body that will never be in pain again.

Comment

Wow, that is too bad. Rest in peace and my prayers go out to both her family and Manti's

Comment

Pae aku I ka ‘āina.

Aloha, Lennay Kekua

Comment

Bummer....Thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

And how do we know it's his girlfriend? Do we mean a girl that's a friend, or was he actually dating her? (just wondering, not trying to sound unsympathtic)

Comment

God will bless you young lady.

Comment

I'm not going to state more, but his entire family needs prayers. The kid is a strong kid but he really needs respect for ND Nation bc its really none of our business as well as respect for his family. I hope that everyone can realize that there is more than just a football player when you hear the name Teo. My prayers and thoughts are with them.
                                                          http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Wow. This is incredibly saddening. Prayers to everyone affected.
                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

So sad. Manti has had to go through a lot since being at ND, and I believe this is now a third loved one that has passed away since he came. Stray strong young man and know that she is in a better place.

Comment

Geez...too young. Prayers
                                                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

:(

Comment

Lennay Kekua, RIP. Prayers to her family, Manti, his family, and all the lives she touched.
                                                                    GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Prayers go out to everyone involved... Seems every day the good die young...

Comment

Rest eternal grant to them her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

Amen.

Comment

Terrible news. Prayers are with Te'o and all her family and friends.
                                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Manti, the entire ND nation is praying for you. God bless you thru this difficult time.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Awful news. Everyone involved will be in my thoughts and prayers.
                                                                              "Nine out of ten times it's an electric razor, but every once in a while..."

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Hearts and prayers go up for this young lady and all of the many lives she has impacted in her life.
                                                                                Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  WOW that blows. Thoughts and Prayers

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Reports that his grandmother has passed away as well, very tough week for him.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Awful. Prayers.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by nexus11313 View Post
                                                                                        Serious? Damn, That is tough man. Prayers for him and his family. I expect him to honor them on the field come Saturday. Stay Strong brother.

Go Manti! Go Irish!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                                                                                          Serious? Damn, That is tough man. Prayers for him and his family. I expect him to honor them on the field come Saturday. Stay Strong brother.

Go Manti! Go Irish!
                                                                                          I have no expectation for Manti to even play. But if he does, itll probabky be with the force of ten thousand suns, a la Brett Favre against the Raiders.

I lost my father to leukemia 12 years ago as a naive little 10-year old. Even with that experience, I cant imagine what he's going through. I don't pray very often, but I will for him. He's an inspiration to every Notre Dame fan.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Terrible news.......Prayers for everyone involved. Thank God he is at the university of Notre Dame. God cant be too far

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              This is very sad God be with you and your family.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                                                I have no expectation for Manti to even play. But if he does, itll probabky be with the force of ten thousand suns, a la Brett Favre against the Raiders.

I lost my father to leukemia 12 years ago as a naive little 10-year old. Even with that experience, I cant imagine what he's going through. I don't pray very often, but I will for him. He's an inspiration to every Notre Dame fan.
                                                                                                Agreed, if he plays.....look out

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by nexus11313 View Post
                                                                                                  Probably best not to speculate about this kind of stuff until it is known.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    He did lose both yesterday. I didnt say anything in the previous post till i felt the family was ok with it bein out there. Tough situation for him and the families involved. All we can do as fans is support and pray for them.
                                                                                                    http://irishtp.com/

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X