Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
        "former running back"
        Wonder if he's "bumped" into Mr Singleton yet... Not over boys
        Don't get ur hopes up
        Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
          Getting a very "Ents in the Two Towers" vibe from ND lately.

"A thing is about to happen here that has not happened since the Elder Days. Notre Dame is going to wake up... and find that they are strong."
          Are our QBs the Hobbits in this metaphor?

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

Are our QBs the Hobbits in this metaphor?
            Freeman is Treebeard, and Tommy and Del are Merry and Pippin riding on his back.

When asked to comment on his recruitment of Sneed, ND Defensive Coordinator Marcus Freeman had the following to say: "I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill."

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Freeman is Treebeard, and Tommy and Del are Merry and Pippin riding on his back.

When asked to comment on his recruitment of Sneed, ND Defensive Coordinator Marcus Freeman had the following to say: "I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill."
              Marcus Treeman has potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                BK is OFFICIALLY not fucking around anymore.

First you pull a power play on LSU to secure the DC they wanted, then you steal the dude that had UC leading the Group of Five in recruiting, and now you’re poaching recruiters from Tennessee, which is like the one thing that program is good at.

I love it.
                Yep and I love it as well. Offensive recruiting needs a bit of a boost and he went and got one.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Lmfaoooo
                  Look at the time stamps / replies
                  McGuire's is a great place. Got a second location in Destin. Big Notre Dame hype at both locations, yet oddly an awful place to catch a game.
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Getting a very "Ents in the Two Towers" vibe from ND lately.

"A thing is about to happen here that has not happened since the Elder Days. Notre Dame is going to wake up... and find that they are strong."
                    I too am getting some great vibes. BK been dropping his sack on drumsets all over the place lately.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Yep well Treeman needs to rock the entrenched offensive Orthancites to its core and flush it clean
                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

McGuire's is a great place. Got a second location in Destin. Big Notre Dame hype at both locations, yet oddly an awful place to catch a game.
                        Been to the Pensacola location a handful of times and I believe the Destin one as well. Agreed on all accounts. I remember being excited about the idea of having a Notre Dame friendly place to catch the games while living in Pensacola, but it didn’t seem to be much of a game day spot in general.

Comment

• Interesting bio on this guy. He had three MAC offers as a recruit and one was from Northern IL in DeKalb, IL where he is from. His only other offer was Illinois and he took it.

I like the idea that he tried the private sector but ends up back in football because he loves the game. That's going to play well in terms of his work ethic, I'm sure. Tennessee and ND are pretty good opportunities, so it sounds like the guy has a good personality.

It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                            If he can play anywhere close to the impact it seems Chad Bowden is playing, this could pay huge dividends.
                            Sure. And if Rees can morph into Freeman we'll be all set!

Comment

• https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/15472...e-dame-rookies

Alright Tommy, you got my attention. Let’s get these guys ready to go.

The Audric comments get me pretty excited.

Comment

• AJ Vaynerchuk Seeing Corporate America Embrace NIL

Comment

• With the basketball team letting media in to view practice and interview players, that has mean good things for Fall Camp, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                    With the basketball team letting media in to view practice and interview players, that has mean good things for Fall Camp, right?
                                    per II podcast they are expecting clarification of media access pretty soon if not today/tomorrow
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Coach D... positive on the Irish heading into '21?

Or downplaying the early struggles we might see from the OL and secondary, that way he has more room to complain when they don't live up to his #5 billing?

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...eseason-top-25

5. NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH

2020 Record: 10-2
                                      2020 Final Ranking: 5

Notre Dame’s losses on offense are eased by the arrival of grad transfer Jack Coan at quarterback and lineman Cain Madden from Marshall. Last season’s banged up receiving corps is poised to take a major leap forward, which should combine with a dynamic group of backs and one of the nation’s best tight ends to give the Irish a chance to take a much-needed leap forward on offense.

My confidence in Notre Dame begins with the Irish defense, which should take better advantage of its athleticism with Marcus Freeman running the show. I expect the defensive line to be dominant, the linebackers will be improved and sources close to the team are confident the secondary is going to be much better than expected. Three of Notre Dame’s toughest games are at home, a place the Irish haven’t lost since 2017. The other - Wisconsin - is on a neutral field.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                        Coach D... positive on the Irish heading into '21?

Or downplaying the early struggles we might see from the OL and secondary, that way he has more room to complain when they don't live up to his #5 billing?

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...eseason-top-25

I'm no fan of Driskell's but he pretty much nailed this. If Lenzy, Austin and Keys all stay healthy, it's hard to imagine a scenario where we don't improve at WR, and not to mention Coan is going to love throwing the ball to Mayer. Madden was a HUGE addition up front and should help the OL transition, and there's a plethora of talent replacing last year's line. Our running game should be stout again and should really help Coan with the play action/RPO game. I'm excited to see Rees run the show in year 2 and open things up a bit.

Defensively, the only question mark is CB, but we should be dominant up front which will help that group until we figure out the right combination.

There's a lot of reasons to be optimistic that we reload, not rebuild.
                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• If the offense can move the ball with much consistency....the team will win games.
                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

I'm no fan of Driskell's but he pretty much nailed this. If Lenzy, Austin and Keys all stay healthy, it's hard to imagine a scenario where we don't improve at WR, and not to mention Coan is going to love throwing the ball to Mayer. Madden was a HUGE addition up front and should help the OL transition, and there's a plethora of talent replacing last year's line. Our running game should be stout again and should really help Coan with the play action/RPO game. I'm excited to see Rees run the show in year 2 and open things up a bit.

Defensively, the only question mark is CB, but we should be dominant up front which will help that group until we figure out the right combination.

And then we'll get to Sunday afternoon before the FSU game and I'll start to experience some nerves for our guys, hoping they are mentally and physically prepared to capture the nation's attention.

Comment

I think CB is going to be better than expected. I think Hart and Lewis are going to develop and use their size and athleticism to make life miserable for OC's, and Bracy regains his confidence and contributes.

My main concern is the other safety. It's possible that Griffith has come a long way, but I suppose I'll believe it when I see it.
                                              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Has anyone ever donated to the Rockne Fund in hopes of getting to ticket sales before the general public. Is the 2 extra days beneficial for say getting USC tickets?

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                                  Has anyone ever donated to the Rockne Fund in hopes of getting to ticket sales before the general public. Is the 2 extra days beneficial for say getting USC tickets?
                                                  I have donated the last 3 or 4 years to make sure I'm able to get tickets to the games I want. Other than the Georgia game, which I wasn't really expecting there to be tickets for anyways, I've been able to get as many tickets as needed for SC or any other game.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

I have donated the last 3 or 4 years to make sure I'm able to get tickets to the games I want. Other than the Georgia game, which I wasn't really expecting there to be tickets for anyways, I've been able to get as many tickets as needed for SC or any other game.
                                                    Thanks for the info

Comment

• So I’m curious, after watching for years, our players slap the sign. Do any of the players, current or in the past have a ritual? Like they only touch one part of the sign. Maybe they touch only certain letter that are symbolic to them or their goals? Has this been discussed and I’ve missed it somewhere?

I was watching a GIF and thought, is there a part of their pregame ritual too only touching a part of the sign. Or maybe they read the sign in it’s entirety. What motivates these guys? You know? It’s got to be a pretty significant feeling to do what many greats have done before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                                        So I’m curious, after watching for years, our players slap the sign. Do any of the players, current or in the past have a ritual? Like they only touch one part of the sign. Maybe they touch only certain letter that are symbolic to them or their goals? Has this been discussed and I’ve missed it somewhere?

I was watching a GIF and thought, is there a part of their pregame ritual too only touching a part of the sign. Or maybe they read the sign in it’s entirety. What motivates these guys? You know? It’s got to be a pretty significant feeling to do what many greats have done before you.
                                                        I definitely think they have a ritual. I haven't specifically tracked it but different players touch different parts.

Some appear to tap with an open hand once or twice. Some tap with a closed fist then an open hand in the same spot. Others will tap in multiple spots or slide their hands across in a pattern. I'm not sure what it means, of course, I just noticed how peculiar it can look.

I'm sure they all have their intent but it would be a really fascinating story for someone to write about one day.

Comment

• Thew QB ritual is to get on a step ladder and then leap up.

Comment

• I feel like this has already been posted somewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere after scouring the site; when does fall camp officially start? I know they aren't camping at Culver this year, but couldn't find a hard date.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                              Thew QB ritual is to get on a step ladder and then leap up.
                                                              LOL - truth.

Comment

I feel like this has already been posted somewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere after scouring the site; when does fall camp officially start? I know they aren't camping at Culver this year, but couldn't find a hard date.
                                                                I haven't seen any kind of schedule posted anywhere. I just did a quick look around at ISD, 247, and The Athletic with only vague "camp is right around the corner" comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

I haven't seen any kind of schedule posted anywhere. I just did a quick look around at ISD, 247, and The Athletic with only vague "camp is right around the corner" comments.
                                                                  Yeah I had similar results. When I googled "Notre Dame football fall camp" I saw various articles from prior seasons that shared the fall camp schedule in early August, so I guess I asked prematurely. Can you tell I'm getting anxious? lol

Thanks Clash.

Comment

• Any season ticket holders on here know if you still get the free white lot parking even if you purchase a parking pass for another lot?
                                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                      Any season ticket holders on here know if you still get the free white lot parking even if you purchase a parking pass for another lot?
                                                                      Why's it gotta be a white lot? #WhitePrivlidge

Comment

Yeah I had similar results. When I googled "Notre Dame football fall camp" I saw various articles from prior seasons that shared the fall camp schedule in early August, so I guess I asked prematurely. Can you tell I'm getting anxious? lol

Thanks Clash.
                                                                        Looks like Fall Camp gets under way on August 7th and media will be on hand for a few of the practices IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

Looks like Fall Camp gets under way on August 7th and media will be on hand for a few of the practices IIRC.
                                                                          Nice, thanks man!

Comment

• https://notredame.rivals.com/news/es...dividual-games

Although FPI predicts 2.9 losses for ND in 2021, they have us as the favorites in every game, and our odds to win are no lower than 60% in any of our games.

22.7% chance to make the postseason.

Oddly, they have us ranked 8th behind TEXAS

Edit: I thin we can honestly say at this point that UT has replaced ND as the annual overhyped preseason team, as opposing fans like to say of ND. Especially given our successes under BK ('16 notwithstanding, of course).

I believe Sark will do a fine job there, but not in year one....c'mon.
                                                                            Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 07-29-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• ESPN's FPI Forecasts 12-0 Notre Dame Regular Season

AT FLORIDA STATE (SUNDAY, SEPT. 5)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 71.9%

TOLEDO (SEPT. 11)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 90.2%

PURDUE (SEPT. 18)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 85.9%

WISCONSIN—SOLDIER FIELD (SEPT. 25)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI percent chance to win: 61.4%

CINCINNATI (OCT. 2)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI percent chance to win: 73.2%

AT VIRGNIA TECH (OCT. 9)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI percent chance to win: 61%

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (OCT. 23)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 78.7%

NORTH CAROLINA (OCT. 30)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 65.3%

NAVY (NOV. 6)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 96.7%

AT VIRGINIA (NOV. 13)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 66.6%

GEORGIA TECH (NOV. 20)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 88.6%

AT STANFORD (NOV. 27)
                                                                              Notre Dame’s FPI chance to win: 72.5%

Comment

• So @ VaTech is supposed to be toughest game? Interesting.
                                                                                Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                                                                                  So @ VaTech is supposed to be toughest game? Interesting.

Comment

• So, sorry if it is being discussed in another thread…but what’s the story with Botehlo? Evidently Driskell says he won’t comment on it, but left him purposely out of his DL preview. Then all the other sites lock threads asking about his status. A few posters who are usually pretty accurate said it’s not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post
                                                                                      So, sorry if it is being discussed in another thread…but what’s the story with Botehlo? Evidently Driskell says he won’t comment on it, but left him purposely out of his DL preview. Then all the other sites lock threads asking about his status. A few posters who are usually pretty accurate said it’s not good.
                                                                                      Wish I knew. I can’t find a peep about it other than people asking about it.

Comment

• Freeman at ISD said there is a situation that they’ve been monitoring for a few weeks now. That’s the most confirmation I’ve seen.

Comment

• So when is the official start of fall camp?
                                                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• August 7th

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                                Wish they would've put it at Petco for Buchner's Senior year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

Wish they would've put it at Petco for Buchner's Senior year.
                                                                                                  Heisman Trophy winners coming off of a National Championship season don’t often come back for their senior year anyways…

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

Heisman Trophy winners coming off of a National Championship season don’t often come back for their senior year anyways…

Comment

• Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X