General team info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

I'm with you. Spring is when everyone looks like an All American and we're winning a natty. Then someone drops a pass or gets beat on a route and everyone wonders how they even made the roster. lol
    My favorite is seeing highlight clips of a frosh WR, getting excited, and then not seeing that WR play again for 3-4 years, or ever.....

One thing I am surprised at thus far, is that most everyone is on the Coan train. I figured we'd have more on the true frosh savior train. I wonder if that changes after Coan throws a ball into the dirt, or god forbid, and INT during the spring game. It'll be hilarious if Hamilton, Griffith, or Clarence Lewis INTs Coan. The board will melt down. Hope the updates are stable in two weeks lol.
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Spring game will be on NBC's Peacock service. Not even sure if the sites I use will pick up the game from Peacock

Comment

I'm with you. Spring is when everyone looks like an All American and we're winning a natty. Then someone drops a pass or gets beat on a route and everyone wonders how they even made the roster. lol
        The most pre season press hype of recent years was probably Julian Okwara in 2018. We would have been better off as a fan base without that hype.
        But then on the other hand was all the Hamilton hype in 19 and he comes out and delivers the goods.

Comment

Last edited by T-Boone; 03-26-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm pretty meh that it's closed.

After years of spring games and practices, the only thing that happens, is folks squirt all over a few vids and reports over a few weeks that are often just garnish from the pay sites.

I believe I read BK (and 4 players) will do a presser Saturday, and Rees, Polian, Freeman, and Elston will do other pressers during the week. If ND is smart, they'll drop some highlight vids here and there.
            Two kinds of updates come from spring practice, either it’s things like Coan looks great with Sampson/Prister etc speaking for themselves OR the Gug is really positive about Coan so far per Sampson/Prister etc. Not sure A is really a massive loss and we’ll still get B

Comment

• Mayer putting on 14 pounds is good I guess. But I was hoping he would get faster not bigger.

Comment

• Looks like no bad weight at least. This photo looks like a NFL player next to a 18 year old, and not cause of any knock on Pyne.
                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Looks like no bad weight at least. This photo looks like a NFL player next to a 18 year old, and not cause of any knock on Pyne.
                  You need to send that pic to Koon.....

Also, I know who wins the best hair contest this year. Diaco who?

Comment

• Pyne looks like standard frat kid about to start the fraternal intramural tourney
                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                      Pyne looks like standard frat kid about to start the fraternal intramural tourney
                      someone needs to photo shop a beer in his left hand, and a sixer in the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Looks like no bad weight at least. This photo looks like a NFL player next to a 18 year old, and not cause of any knock on Pyne.
                        Where is that pic from? Odd they are decked out in Nike gear isn't it?

Comment

• Yea that looks like it's from high school.
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• My bad. Saw the Mayer post and remembered Mayer’s story from a few hours earlier

Comment

• ​​​​​​Looking forward to these ones!

Comment

• We really like Tampa, huh?
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                  We really like Tampa, huh?
                                  Good way to get in front of the Florida recruits

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

​​​​​​Looking forward to these ones!
                                    Still have a pit in my stomach from the game a few years back. Hopped in the car from Jersey and hit Route 80 on a flyer for the game. Wild weather, wild fumble, wild result. Always good to be on the campus tho..
                                    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

​​​​​​Looking forward to these ones!
                                      I better set a reminder on Alexis. Lord knows I won't remember that far in advance. lol

Comment

• ESPN.com Insider has published preseason FPI best guesses using NUMBERS.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...llenge-alabama

Notre Dame checks in at # 11 with the #18 offense and # 14 defense. That only projects to 8.3 wins though with a 10% chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                                          ESPN.com Insider has published preseason FPI best guesses using NUMBERS.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...llenge-alabama

Notre Dame checks in at # 11 with the #18 offense and # 14 defense. That only projects to 8.3 wins though with a 10% chance of making the playoffs.
                                          And here's what they had last year:
                                          https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-fpi-breakdown

Comment

• Last Saturday, Richmond fell to rival James Madison in a game that helped the top-ranked Dukes secure a top seed in the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs and ultimately eliminated Richmond from an at-large berth.

By Monday, Trevor Mendelson was on his way to the next step in his rising young coaching future: at prestigious Notre Dame.

Mendelson joined Brian Kelly’s Fighting Irish staff this week after one season coaching the Spiders’ tight ends and the previous two spent on Dave Clawson’s Wake Forest staff.

At Notre Dame, Mendelson will be the Fighting Irish’s assistant offensive line coach and work intimately with veteran line coach Jeff Quinn.

Mendelson is tasked with helping Notre Dame rebuild its offensive front, which is replacing star players Liam Eichenberg and Robert Hainsey, among others.

The Irish during their ongoing spring camp often have worked with multiple true- and redshirt-freshmen players along their offensive front.

Mendelson is a former standout player at Marshall, where he helped the Thundering Herd to a Conference USA title and postseason win while also earning Academic All-Conference USA honors.

Notre Dame has just a handful of practices remaining in its spring camp; the Irish host their annual Blue & Gold Game Saturday, May 1.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...k-with-o-line/
                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Comment

• Toledo coming for the 'ship!

Comment

• ucla SHOULD be a force in the pac 12 next season

Comment

• His returning production is really returning QBs, OL and DBs. Flawed metric without researching the full picture

Comment

• It's just a metric. Returning 100% of a bad football team isn't good. I've only looked at this type of stuff and thought, wow they were good last year, and they're returning an awful lot of that team. In short, if you were top 25, and return 80+% of your team, chances are you'll be pretty decent this year. All these small schools rated high are just noise in the machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                        Toledo coming for the 'ship!
                                                        CMU, EMU, Akron, Miami of Ohio and Ball State in top 25. MAC dethrones SEC as top power conference. It's going to be brutal.

Comment

CMU, EMU, Akron, Miami of Ohio and Ball State in top 25. MAC dethrones SEC as top power conference. It's going to be brutal.
                                                          Its an NCAA Football '14 SIM come to life!!!!! The Matrix is real!!!!

Comment

• Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                            Working...
                                                            X