General team info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    Moving, sadly. I saw some bits about "how to recruit better" but didn't see much other than generic "increase infrastructure". Plus I generally stay out of the BK Revisited thread after a loss lol
    Well congrats on the move then. Cliffs notes on recruiting better:

1. More recruiting staff. Like, a lot more. 5 times what it currently is.

2. This leads to evaluation and identification of more potential prospects that are good, interested, and fits for ND.

3. Early identification leads to helping these prospects do what they need to do to get past admissions.

4. Then finally a dedication to recruiting and closing from the on-field coaches to hopefully land some game-changing players every class.

5. These gamechangers need to include a WR, QB, DE, and CB basically every class.

Comment

• Here's the post-CFP Rakes Report:

1) Notre Dame lost to the Crimson Tide in the Rose Bowl for a number of reasons but three factors stand out:

a) The Irish did not recruit defensive back or wide receiver well enough a few years ago and that came back to cost them in a major way against a team with perhaps the best outside talent in the sport. Kyle Hamilton is a check-plus, but next to him was a grad transfer, a true freshman and a sixth-year corner-to-safety conversion. The starting wide receivers were a grad student, a converted quarterback and a Northwestern transfer. There were injuries and transfers out, sure, and these players should be praised for the work they put in and staff lauded for getting to 10-0 but when you see the perfection of DeVonta Smith or the suffocating ability of Patrick Surtain the gap feels extra wide.

On the Cover 3 podcast*, 247 recruiting director Barton Simmons** has been professing the belief for months that wide receiver is the new defensive line in terms of the position group you must be elite at in order to win at the highest levels. After watching both semifinals, thatís a pretty compelling theory. Thankfully, Notre Dame has accrued some good receiver talent in the last couple classes. Unfortunately, it pales in comparison to what Alabama and Ohio State are adding to their treasure trove, which is just another example of the current situation for the elite of the elites and everyone else. (I will note the Irish were not blown to pieces in the trenches, which was nice.)

* Speaking of, I thought their discussion of the Irish loss ó available here beginning at the 25-minute mark ó was fair and more clear-eyed than what youíll see among some closer to the program. They also donít spend a lot of time on the post-game press conference.

** Late Sunday, it was reported that Clark Lea was hiring Simmons (a Nashville native and high school teammate of Leaís) for an operations role at Vanderbilt.

b) Notre Dame was in an unenviable offensive position on Friday as they needed to try to score enough points to beat a team that was on a two-year streak of putting up 35+ but also run enough clock that they didnít leave their defense exposed to three top-five Heisman finishers all afternoon. Itís possible no game plan exists that would allow this Notre Dame roster to beat this Alabama roster yet I am going to nitpick anyway. Tommy Rees did a really good job all season with the players available but one unseemly trend was an overreliance on second and long runs, generally considered the worst play in football. In a game where the Irish were 20-point dogs and had to take some chances, they were far too conservative, and seemed to come out tight, which I do not understand in a game no one thought you were going to win.

Down 7-0 near midfield, the Irish went Kyren Williams run, Kyren Williams run, Ian Book designed QB run on 3rd and 7 then punt. Very bad! You are a giant underdog, and Alabama went 97 yards in five plays so your punt achieved nothing. (Nice day by Jay Bramblett, though, against the hometown squad.) At 21-7 near midfield, they completed a one-yard pass to Williams, then had him run on second and nine before a third and nine incompletion. I would have preferred to give Book a few more chances to cook early Ė some bootlegs, some play-action, some more back-shoulder throws, more plays like the screen to Chris Tyree ó but I understand Alabama has a pair of nasty corners and blue chippers all over the place and eating clock had to be a priority. I just would have preferred a few more chances, but it also should be noted Tommy Tremble was a key part of the Notre Dame offense all year and to lose him early was real bad.

c) Nick Saban has a case as the best coach in the history of the sport and deserves a ton of credit for what he has built. After being tripped up by the spread a few times and complaining about how up-tempo offenses were dangerous he switched it up, said, ďWell, if these teams can score so many points with mortal talent, what would it look like with my rosterĒ and then brought in Lane and Sark to modernize his offense. Now they recruit receivers at a silly rate and are set to continue their dominance.

Brian Kelly isnít as good as Saban, but that would be the case with basically any coach the Irish could hire short of Bill Belichick, and even then Iím wondering how he would handle recruiting trips. The Irish are the fifth different program to lose to Alabama by double digits in the semifinals Ė this is just sort of what happens. As we mourn our fate, itís fun to remember that the only reason Saban landed in Tuscaloosa is because Rich Rodriguez got cold feet and the Dolphins chose Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees. History bends at odd junctures.

2) I am not really sure how to evaluate the defense, at least without seeing what Alabama does in a week. They gave up touchdown drives on the first three possessions and made it look pretty easy for Mac Jones and company but they also buckled down at the end of the first half and beginning of the second to keep it a little bit interesting. Weíre in a position where Najee Harris jumped over another human being without breaking stride and he is the third best offensive player on the Tide, per Heisman voters. Like, DeVonta Smith levitated at one point? And his last touchdown catch was technical perfection. These guys have been crushing everyone all season, including really talented Georgia and A&M defenses, and if they do it again against the Buckeyes you just tip your hat as you had to with last yearís LSU team.

3) If you would have offered me before the game the option that Notre Dame would have been down 14 in the third quarter but putting on a solid drive I would have almost certainly taken that deal, but unfortunately Book made a very poor decision on a 2nd and seven with room in front of him. If the Irish go down and score there, Alabama probably just busts out some disgusting double move to Smith out of the slot to immediately restore order but it would have been nice to make them sweat just a little bit. That game was never in doubt but for a second I thought there might have been a hint of second-half drama. Alas.

4) Notre Dameís offensive strengths are always going to be at line and tight end so it doesnít make sense for the Irish to swerve too far away from that, but Rees must spend this offseason finding ways to increase the creativity and dynamism on the outside so the Irish can crank up the vertical passing threat in these big games. I cannot state this any more clearly: As college football is currently played, you cannot win a playoff game, let alone two, without being able to throw the deep ball. Running the ball is helpful and good defenses are nice but if Notre Dame wants to reach the peak they must must must expand that part of the scheme. Big winter, spring and summer for Rees, who will have no shortage of toys to play with in the fall but heís going to have to find a quarterback (or quarterbacks) and replace some stalwarts on the line.

5) Just wanted to shout out some guys. Book got absolutely wrecked on a sack and considering the score could have easily just called it a day, but came back in and put on a few more drives. He falls to 30-5 as a starter, the losses coming in two playoff games, an ACC Championship and on the road in Ann Arbor in Athens Ė you want to win some games, heís a very good choice. Kyren Williams and Michael Mayer were beasts, again, George Takacs played well in relief of Tremble and Ben Skowronek made some plays. Kyle Hamilton flashed as he is wont to do while Jayson Ademilola was a real force in the middle.

(I canít remember if I wrote about this after bowl season last year but I remember thinking ďIt really sucks to lose your championship game then your bowlĒ because there were a lot of examples of fun seasons ending in downers last year and hey look at us now. Utah went from 11-1 and on the verge of the playoff to 11-3 after losses to Oregon and Texas. Baylor, same deal, after losing to Oklahoma and Georgia. Wisconsin had a big win over Minnesota to get to 10-2 but finished 10-4 after Ohio State and Oregon, while Virginiaís feel-good 9-3 turned into 9-5 after Clemson and Florida. Under Kelly, Notre has split the West Coast finale/bowl game nearly every year, with only 2010 and 2019 providing consecutive wins and only 2011 and 2015 closing with consecutive losses. I donít have a broader point here and should have provided a disclaimer at the start of this nonsensical parenthetical but here we are.)

6) There are a few ways the immediate future of Fighting Irish football can go, including but not limited to these following options:

More of the same, with upside: Notre Dame continues on the same track, recruiting at a top ten-ish level, winning ten-ish games a season, sending guys to the NFL at a steady clip and generally acquitting themselves well but failing to crack the final level of the sport. Where does the upside come from? The coaching staff can take another step forward and you could also maybe see star-level QB play along with an experienced roster upcycling at the same time (think 2019 LSU, but like, 80 percent of that) combined with one of the powers dealing with injuries or bad breaks and steal one. The frustrating thing about being this close is that you keep losing when youíre this close but the nice thing is youíre consistently this close and that means fortune has more opportunities in which to smile upon you.

Cranking up recruiting, closing gap further: This doesnít seem like a strong likelihood under this staff but it could happen, I guess? We kind of know what weíre getting with Kelly recruiting after a decade at this so Iíll just assume that continues until it changes. Do you know how cool it was to add Kyle Hamilton to the roster last year and Michael Mayer this year? Imagine adding four or five of them every year. Seems fun, I would like to try it, but I also understand why many top prospects have no interest in playing school and Indiana winters.

A backslide: Unfortunately, this one does seem plausible. Next season the Irish will be replacing Book, Lea and a number of senior linemen, meaning that it could be a rebuilding-ish season depending on how some of the teams of the schedule swing. In 2022 and 2023, absolutely stacked Ohio State and Clemson are both on the slate, two rather large boulders to move. Kelly has a good thing going and itís possible everything continues to click at the same double-digit-win-season rate, but itís also possible weíre averaging three-plus losses a year for a while.

A coaching change: I donít know how likely this is, but itís possible, if Kelly gets a godfather offer from elsewhere, decides he wants to retire or one of the beat writer reply guys on Twitter gets their hands on the wishing stone from the new Wonder Woman. We wonít be able to fully evaluate Kellyís tenure until heís gone, as we know heís better than the trio of predecessors but the question is whether this is as good as it gets for Notre Dame football in the 21st century or if this is just as good as it gets for Notre Dame football under Brian Kelly. Hiring head coaches is an absolute crapshoot with limited Urban Meyer exceptions and anyone who tells you otherwise after Jim Harbaugh and Tom Herman and Scott Frost and Justin Fuente and Mike MacIntyre and Kevin Sumlin and Randy Edsall and all the way down the line is not paying attention. Maybe Matt Campbell or P.J. Fleck or Exciting Candidate X will be better or maybe they wonít. At some point in the coming years weíll find out, for better or worse.

7) I feel like this is basically the third time weíve wrapped up the season, but just want to reiterate any time you make the playoff thatís a successful campaign considering all of four teams do that. If you beat the No. 1 team in the country along the way and do so during a pandemic with virus protocols and after an offseason of social justice protests in which player after player stepped up in impressive fashion, well, that only makes it more successful. This is an extraordinary group of individuals and it was a real pleasure to watch them compete for a dozen games.

8) To close: It would be one thing if Notre Dame wasnít earning their way into these big games, but they absolutely are on account of theyíre better than a vast majority of programs who donít beat them, thus allowing them to advance to these situations. The bigger problem is when they get to these games they are almost immediately thrown into a pit of chainsaws, which is not ideal. But what is the alternative to simply continuing to work your way into these positions, tweaking the system and trying to upgrade recruiting? I know sometimes we have the discussion of ďLose in the playoff or win a New Yearís Six gameĒ but if that happens you just lost a regular season game or two you wouldnít have normally. Would you have preferred the Irish lose to Oklahoma or Pitt in 2012, or Michigan or Pitt in 2018, or Louisville or Clemson this year rather than meet their grisly fates? Maybe that would have been better, but it would have felt miserable at the time and we always would have questioned whether that was a team that could have pulled it off if it didnít get tripped up (think 2015). Plus, you canít guarantee a New Yearís Six win (unless you can, at which point hit me up and letís talk).

Thereís nothing that says the result will change the next time the Irish make it back to this stage or the time after that or the time after that ó if they even make it back! Weíve been rather spoiled of late ó but I have developed a fondness for the cocktail of grease and blood thatís pooled at the bottom because of what it represents. Itís important to keep making these games for two key reasons: You canít win a title if you donít play on this stage and by virtue of making these games it means you put together a great three months of football, and thereís so much value and joy in that.

I hate to have to tap the Al Swearengen sign again but Iím going to do it:

So including last night, thatís three fucking damage incidents that didnít kill you. Pain or damage donít end the world, or despair, or fuckiní beatings. The world ends when youíre dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ó and give some back.

Maybe it never happens with Kelly, but the next guy is a recruiting ace who puts Notre Dame over the top. Or maybe it happens with Kelly and this whole journey is part of a glorious story. Or maybe the next guy is worse, and the next-next guy is worse than him and it never happens at all. I canít make you any promises other than that I share in all your frustrations, but Iím going to keep watching just in case. These last four years ó double-digit victories each fall, two playoff berths, two bowl wins, a lone home loss ó have been a great deal of fun and it would have been a real shame to miss out on them.

Our current position comes back to the tricky matter of attempting to balance complacency and contentment. Giving up on the strive to the very top would be disappointing, potentially denying us a chance to some day celebrate the ultimate prize, but to ignore all that we have to instead focus on all that we lack is also a problem. Figuring out the correct mix of the two is an ever-evolving project, but I think weíre doing our best.

Letís wrap this up: Happy New Year. Please stay safe. And Go Irish, Beat Seminoles, and may we all be able to tailgate together this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
        Well congrats on the move then. Cliffs notes on recruiting better:

1. More recruiting staff. Like, a lot more. 5 times what it currently is.

2. This leads to evaluation and identification of more potential prospects that are good, interested, and fits for ND.

3. Early identification leads to helping these prospects do what they need to do to get past admissions.

4. Then finally a dedication to recruiting and closing from the on-field coaches to hopefully land some game-changing players every class.

5. These gamechangers need to include a WR, QB, DE, and CB basically every class.
        Are people talking about boots on the ground? Because that's what I'm specifically calling for: getting this recruiting staff in LA, Atlanta, DMV etc.

Comment

Are people talking about boots on the ground? Because that's what I'm specifically calling for: getting this recruiting staff in LA, Atlanta, DMV etc.
          That's against NCAA rules. Non-coaching staff can only recruit on campus. Like, to the point I don't think they can watch film at home and send reports to coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
            That's against NCAA rules. Non-coaching staff can only recruit on campus. Like, to the point I don't think they can watch film at home and send reports to coaches.
            yeah didn't chip kelly at oregon come afoul of the NCAA for paying "recruiting services" in texas etc?
            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• This is COVID time, just say that they're working remote as a protocol

Comment

• Interesting thread on /r/cfb about OSU huddling more and utilizing tempo to prevent Clemson from stealing their signs. "Code breaking" is apparently something the Tigers are notorious for, and one way they leverage their huge support staff over other teams.

Venables knowing exactly where our offense was going on most plays and calling that into Skalski for pre-snap adjustment would explain a lot about why we got embarrassed in the ACCCG (and also why they looked completely lost against OSU, especially after Skalski got ejected for one of his signature dirty hits).

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                  Interesting thread on /r/cfb about OSU huddling more and utilizing tempo to prevent Clemson from stealing their signs. "Code breaking" is apparently something the Tigers are notorious for, and one way they leverage their huge support staff over other teams.

Venables knowing exactly where our offense was going on most plays and calling that into Skalski for pre-snap adjustment would explain a lot about why we got embarrassed in the ACCCG (and also why they looked completely lost against OSU, especially after Skalski got ejected for one of his signature dirty hits).
                  We discussed this at Clemson v ND 1. I believe Kelly talked about doing the same thing. I honestly don't remember game 2. Have to rewatch and see.

Comment

• Here a good Twitter thread on it, too. I assume the reddit is similar

https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status...744199680?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Insane how much ND football news dropped since the Bama game. Is it still Monday?

Comment

• Not sure where his thread is, if it exists, but Terry Joseph is headed to Texas apparently.

247 Sports: Notre Dame defensive backs coach Terry Joseph headed to Texas.
                        https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Terry-Joseph-Texas-Longhorns-Notre-Dame-defensive-backs-coach-join-Steve-Sarkisian-staff-158862868/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rich history of great DBs there, and huge high school talent pool to pull from.
                          He'll love the "winters" in Austin, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                            Interesting thread on /r/cfb about OSU huddling more and utilizing tempo to prevent Clemson from stealing their signs. "Code breaking" is apparently something the Tigers are notorious for, and one way they leverage their huge support staff over other teams.

I think the tempo is what kept Clemson off balanced ultimately. I canít remember which thread I posted in but a poster on Twitter gave video examples of how tOSU ran tempo and it showed Clemson grossly out of position to defend the play (one of those was the long Sermon run). Venables loves to signal until the last possible second but tOSU was ready in what seemed like a no-brainer. I realize Rees couldnít install a new scheme in the 2 wks between SU & ACC CG but had he added some tempo w/ more wrinkles, maybe itís not as one-sided a loss.

Comment

• The Rakes Report is always a good read. Regarding WR, here’s what’s puzzling to me: Lenzy is faster than Devonta Smith. Lenzy & Smith both possess slight frames (170 lbs each?) that would/could lead to durability issues. Smith definitely possesses NFL-ready ball skills...I can’t compare Lenzy b/c I haven’t seen him make any head turning catches (though he’s had a few very impressive plays that showed off his speed).

Smith was visibly affected by the few hits ND got on him; especially the one in the end zone where he landed awkwardly on his backside. He’s likely going to have durability issues in the NFL it he didn’t this year on his way to the Heisman. On the flip side, Lenzy struggles w/ durability especially this season. IIRC, it was given as one of the reasons he wasn’t ready as a true freshman. He shined occasionally in 2019 but he’s to the point now that I wouldn’t be surprised if we never saw him on a consistent basis &/or he transfers.

Balis has done a wonderful job and can only do so much. Didn’t his assistant take over the Bama S&C job after Scott Cochrane left? Maybe they can compare notes on these small framed yet talented WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                I think the tempo is what kept Clemson off balanced ultimately. I canít remember which thread I posted in but a poster on Twitter gave video examples of how tOSU ran tempo and it showed Clemson grossly out of position to defend the play (one of those was the long Sermon run). Venables loves to signal until the last possible second but tOSU was ready in what seemed like a no-brainer. I realize Rees couldnít install a new scheme in the 2 wks between SU & ACC CG but had he added some tempo w/ more wrinkles, maybe itís not as one-sided a loss.
                                Yeah Clemson was never ready on that side of the ball. Those threads break it down really well but it was visible to anyone just watching the game too
                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Athletics Departments (FBS) with largest increases in INSTAGRAM interactions on main IG account from 2019 to 2020. <a href="https://t.co/kAq3mgLocu">pic.twitter.com/kAq3mgLocu</a></p>&mdash; SkullSparks (@SkullSparks) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkullSparks/status/1348674872713617408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Athletics Departments (FBS) with largest increases in INSTAGRAM interactions on main IG account from 2019 to 2020. <a href="https://t.co/kAq3mgLocu">pic.twitter.com/kAq3mgLocu</a></p>&mdash; SkullSparks (@SkullSparks) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkullSparks/status/1348674872713617408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                    Thatís pretty interesting.

I wonder what accounts for the service academies being up there so high?
                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Finished the AP at #5. Not to shabby. I still don’t think Texas A&M is better than us at #4.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                        Finished the AP at #5. Not to shabby. I still donít think Texas A&M is better than us at #4.
                                        I donít think they are better than ND either, but they have only 1 loss being to the national champion. Not to mention ND gets shat on every time they lose in a big bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                          Thatís pretty interesting.

I wonder what accounts for the service academies being up there so high?
                                          this is only the largest increases...so maybe they didn't have one before or wasn't used as much as they are now???? idk, i don't use it
                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame has filled its assistant strength coach vacancy by hiring Georgia Tech’s Kyle Seger, a source confirmed to Rivals: <a href="https://t.co/sklcA9iOCs">https://t.co/sklcA9iOCs</a></p>&mdash; BlueandGold.com (@BGInews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews/status/1352736342946566144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2021</a></blockquote>

I am not searching for an S&C-related thread, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame has filled its assistant strength coach vacancy by hiring Georgia Techís Kyle Seger, a source confirmed to Rivals: <a href="https://t.co/sklcA9iOCs">https://t.co/sklcA9iOCs</a></p>&mdash; BlueandGold.com (@BGInews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews/status/1352736342946566144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2021</a></blockquote>

I am not searching for an S&C-related thread, lol
                                              If you whisper Koon's name three times it will magically appear
                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...TdJ9Ux3gQYALFM

He’s not even a typical dual-threat quarterback. Buchner connects on throws that most don’t dare to attempt.

Buchner will complete passes 40 yards downfield off his back foot. He will throw across his body while on the run. He will change his throwing motion or release the ball from an angle to squeeze it through a tight window.

“He can make any throw off platform and make it work,” said Taylor Kelly, the former Arizona State quarterback who trains Buchner at 3DQB. “He is so talented and strong."

Kelly started working with Buchner last year. He needed to train him differently than most high school quarterbacks. Buchner represented the opposite of the norm. Difficult throws were easy. Simpler throws could be challenging.

"One would be sweet, and two or three would be low, high, wouldn’t spin and all of those things," Kelly said about Buchner's struggles with easier throws. "He wouldn’t know what was wrong, whether it was his weight being forward, or ripping his front side, or his posture was bad, or his feet were too slow. We challenged him to be more consistent when asked upon just to throw a rhythm out route.”
                                                Last edited by T-Boone; 01-24-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                  He&rsquo;s not even a typical dual-threat quarterback. Buchner connects on throws that most don&rsquo;t dare to attempt.

Buchner will complete passes 40 yards downfield off his back foot. He will throw across his body while on the run. He will change his throwing motion or release the ball from an angle to squeeze it through a tight window."
                                                  Man, I hope they just let this kid play like he knows how. Look at Mahomes. Could you imagine if someone tried to cage him? He'd go from (arguably) the most exciting talent in the NFL to a clipboard holder. I'm not saying don't coach him up at all, I'm just saying don't try to change his stripes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Position Outlook | Running Back

Comment

• I am happy to get this player-position outlook, but our RB situation is the least mysterious on our team. I really hope that they put out more question-filled outlooks soon, so that I could actually learn something that we didn't already know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                                        I am happy to get this player-position outlook, but our RB situation is the least mysterious on our team. I really hope that they put out more question-filled outlooks soon, so that I could actually learn something that we didn't already know.
                                                        Ouch lol

Comment

• Prehistoric

Comment

• ... not intended as a burn, but as a note of encouragement to send other outlooks soon. I meant what I said. I appreciate that ISD is doing this now. (Not everyone on this board is an a$$hole.)

Comment

• Notre Dame will be taking on the Florida Gators in a home-home series in 2031 and 2032.

Dan Mullen homecoming once he succeeds BK!

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame football announced a couple changes in title/role, with Mike Elston returning to recruiting coordinator and adding defensive run game coordinator. Brian Polian is now associate head coach, Elston&#39;s old position. Polian had served as recruiting coordinator.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1361316397213569024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sampson tweets: 'Notre Dame football announced a couple changes in title/role, with Mike Elston returning to recruiting coordinator and adding defensive run game coordinator. Brian Polian is now associate head coach, Elston's old position. Polian had served as recruiting coordinator.'
                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame football announced a couple changes in title/role, with Mike Elston returning to recruiting coordinator and adding defensive run game coordinator. Brian Polian is now associate head coach, Elston&#39;s old position. Polian had served as recruiting coordinator.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1361316397213569024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sampson tweets: 'Notre Dame football announced a couple changes in title/role, with Mike Elston returning to recruiting coordinator and adding defensive run game coordinator. Brian Polian is now associate head coach, Elston's old position. Polian had served as recruiting coordinator.'
                                                                  Interesting.....
                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Very interesting

Comment

• Position Outlook | Wide Receiver

Comment

• Season opener in Tally.

Norvell's First Full Class Filled with Transfers

Comment

• ND has paused football related activities due to Covid.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1363189796676468741[/TWITTER]

Comment

• What happened that the Shibley thread was deleted?

Comment

• ND's pro day will be televised on NBCsports network march 31st 11am et .
                                                                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• https://und.com/staff/gus-ragland/

So i see Gus Ragland, former Miami of Ohio QB under Chuck Martin is an offensive GA for ND since 2019? I had no idea lol
                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Former SCUM LB and analyst has joined ND
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• https://und.com/notre-dame-unveils-new-video-platform/

Very interesting

Comment

Saw that earlier today. I'm curious how that will affect the relationship with NBC. I haven't read the whole thing yet, maybe it's explained there. Waiting to get home.

Comment

• according to Hansen in today's SBT all 14 spring practices will be closed to the media. This really pisses me off. Probably using COVID as an excuse which is really bogus. A half dozen guys in masks sitting in the bleachers watching practice is not much of a risk. The fans lose. They subscribe to "insider" websites who have little or no info the average fan doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                          according to Hansen in today's SBT all 14 spring practices will be closed to the media. This really pisses me off. Probably using COVID as an excuse which is really bogus. A half dozen guys in masks sitting in the bleachers watching practice is not much of a risk. The fans lose. They subscribe to "insider" websites who have little or no info the average fan doesn't.
                                                                                          I totally understand the frustration. But somehow, I have a feeling that this could mean the team wants nothing getting out as they install new schemes and have the internal battles at key positions. Having the players 100% locked in, without outside influences giving their "takes" on 3 passes, catches, reps, etc. might be something positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                            according to Hansen in today's SBT all 14 spring practices will be closed to the media. This really pisses me off. Probably using COVID as an excuse which is really bogus. A half dozen guys in masks sitting in the bleachers watching practice is not much of a risk. The fans lose. They subscribe to "insider" websites who have little or no info the average fan doesn't.
                                                                                            I know I'm in the minority, but I'm pretty meh that it's closed.

After years of spring games and practices, the only thing that happens, is folks squirt all over a few vids and reports over a few weeks that are often just garnish from the pay sites.

I believe I read BK (and 4 players) will do a presser Saturday, and Rees, Polian, Freeman, and Elston will do other pressers during the week. If ND is smart, they'll drop some highlight vids here and there.
                                                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                              I believe I read BK (and 4 players) will do a presser Saturday, and Rees, Polian, Freeman, and Elston will do other pressers during the week. If ND is smart, they'll drop some highlight vids here and there.
                                                                                              I anxiously await the opportunity to salivate over a 10-yard curl thrown by a freshman QB that's not even wearing pads.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

I anxiously await the opportunity to salivate over a 10-yard curl thrown by a freshman QB that's not even wearing pads.
                                                                                                At least it’s a step up from salivating over a high school sophomore throwing the same said pass in a 7 v 7 competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

At least it’s a step up from salivating over a high school sophomore throwing the same said pass in a 7 v 7 competition.

Sidearm
                                                                                                  " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

It's almost erotic, right?

The sad thing about it, is I'm only half joking lol.
                                                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm pretty meh that it's closed.

After years of spring games and practices, the only thing that happens, is folks squirt all over a few vids and reports over a few weeks that are often just garnish from the pay sites.

I'm with you. Spring is when everyone looks like an All American and we're winning a natty. Then someone drops a pass or gets beat on a route and everyone wonders how they even made the roster. lol

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X