This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General team info

Ive seen a couple of articles that are pretty good reads but don't quite fit into a particular thread. I'm starting this and will add some articles, others feel free to do the same. Mods feel free to move to another thread if you feel it's more appropriate.

Local linemen could be recipe for recruiting success | Inside the Irish

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2012/02/1...tiple-options/
    Last edited by Me2SouthBend; 02-18-2012, 07:34 AM.

From ISD

SECOND JUNIOR DAY CONFIRMED: Notre Dame’s Junior Day on March 24th has been on the books for a while now, but confirmation of a second, earlier Junior Day came out late this week. Ohio offensive lineman Evan Lisle and Kentucky offensive lineman Hunter Bivin both told ISD on Friday that they’ll be in South Bend for an Irish Junior Day on March 3rd.

Newly offered Pennsylvania linebacker/running back Alex Anzalone also said he was told he could attend either Junior Day and hopes to do be at one.

Notre Dame also hosted a pair of underclassmen on unofficial visits this week. You read about 2013 Illinois offensive lineman Kyle Bosch’s trip here and 2014 Virginia linebacker Greer Martini’s visit here.

VISITING ELSEWHERE: Meanwhile junior days are being held all across the country this weekend.

Adam Breneman made it to Penn State a day earlier than most prospects, but today, the Nittany Lions will be hosting Alex Anzalone along with Pennsylvania receiver Robert Foster, Pennsylvania running back David Williams, New Jersey linebacker Garrett Sickels, New Jersey athlete Rashad Kinlaw, Pennsylvania quarterback Damion Terry and West Virginia athlete Ryan Switzer.

On the other coast, Cal will be holding its Junior Day, which will include four California prospects –wide receiver Steven Mitchell, offensive lineman Aaron Cochran, defensive back L.J. Moore and defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes – who recently received Notre Dame offers. Other prospects with Notre Dame offers expected to attend include California linebacker Michael Hutchings and California safety Max Redfield.

Ahmad Fulwood and Mississippi safety Antonio Conner, who also recently grabbed an offer from Notre Dame, will be at Alabama’s Junior Day. Illinois offensive lineman Colin McGovern is still waiting on his Irish offer and will be at Wisconsin this weekend. St. Louis running back Ezekiel Elliott will be at Nebraska, Florida defensive lineman Jaynard Bostwick will be at Miami while Maryland cornerback Kendall Fuller will be at Virginia Tech.

Comment

Article from ISD

2012 Recruiting: How'd We Get Here? LB

Comment

From UHND

Notre Dame Suddenly Has A Surplus of Options - Notre Dame Football | UHND.com

Comment

I liked this article.

Comment

Pretty funny twit pic.

http://twitter.com/HLS_NDtex/status/170623476590313473

Comment

I like it, but I have noticed that pics like that have been blowing up everywhere lately. I had a great soccer pic just like that, it made me laugh

<--- soccer player

Comment

From Inside the Irish

After blue-chip recruitment, Fleming flying under NFL radar | Inside the Irish

Comment

Fifth year candidates begin to emerge | Inside the Irish

Comment

From ISD.

RB Depth a Key to 2012 Turnaround

Comment

"@alicelynch1: I must say that Notre Dame Football is going to be off the chain this season. Literally......#1 Defense in NCAA. Stay tuned 😳"

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                        "@alicelynch1: I must say that Notre Dame Football is going to be off the chain this season. Literally......#1 Defense in NCAA. Stay tuned 😳"
                        Nice. Gotta love Mrs. Lynch.

Comment

she knows whats up... I would agree with her, but her boy cant play secondary at the same time. An inexperienced secondary will hurt the overall defensive statistics, but ill put our front 7 up against almost anyone next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                            she knows whats up... I would agree with her, but her boy cant play secondary at the same time. An inexperienced secondary will hurt the overall defensive statistics, but ill put our front 7 up against almost anyone next year.
                            Her boy can be so beast at getting to the QB, that the ball is being thrown right to our secondary...that is just as good as playin in the secondary IMO :)
                            "when your kids least deserve the love...is when they need it the most" Go Irish

Comment

From Inside the Irish

Weekend links: Barely football edition | Inside the Irish

Comment

Filling holes: Outside linebacker | Inside the Irish

Comment

Just looking at the athletes we have at the OLB position gives me a huge smile. Out of those names, all of them have a chance of becoming top-caliber players.

Comment

Ok, so one of the candidates might be less likely to fill a hole at safety now.

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2012/03/1...-holes-safety/

Comment

From Inside the Irish. Oh what I would have given to have this tandem hook up last season.

Clausen and Floyd reunite for Pro Day | Inside the Irish

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                        From Inside the Irish. Oh what I would have given to have this tandem hook up last season.

Clausen and Floyd reunite for Pro Day | Inside the Irish
                                        Seriously, just imagine. Clausen would have made this team a BCS team for sure.
                                        www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

the thing the article fails to mention when talking about what separates Floyd from the rest of the WR's is his blocking ability and willingness to be an excellent blocker.. this dude has pro bowl written all over him (given he's drafted to a decent situation) and I don't think you can find a better example of how a place like ND can give a guy the support and structure he needs to achieve his goals.. just an excellent story for MF

and hopefully Clausen impresses because I'm tired of seeing him and BQ being labeled as "busts".. IMO, they haven't been given the opportunities to be productive players.. Quinn earned the backup spot in Denver last year then inexplicably got skipped over for the third stringer.. I guess Clausen had a shot, but not many rookies can produce quality numbers when their #1 WR (smith) was disinterested the whole year and the rest of the WR's couldn't start for my HS team.. really hoping JC has a nice showing
                                          Any other man stops and talks, but the walking man walks

Comment

Originally posted by ChiRish View Post
                                            Seriously, just imagine. Clausen would have made this team a BCS team for sure.
                                            They would have replaced Alabama as the opponent for LSU. There is no doubt in my mind. Clausen would have pushed this team over the top, and then some.

Comment

don't like to ponder what could've been.....only what is to come.
                                              --cheers,
                                              tank

Comment

Only because I saw it on SI.com and Lynch thread is locked. Best of luck young man.

Ex-Notre Dame defensive end Aaron Lynch transfers to South Florida - NCAA Football - SI.com

Comment

Certainly some points worthy of discussion in this article. I don't see GAIII where he has him listed on the depth chart at Slot or RB. He looked so good (save for the fumbles) as a true RB. Fourth? I don't agree. The OLine battles should be tremendous come fall. I'm going w Nichols at RT.

The way too early 2012 starting lineup: Offense | Inside the Irish

Comment

I agree, Lombard at RG Nichols at RT is my thought.

Comment

Didn't want to post this in each of the 5 player threads, although each lineman is mentioned.

In the Film Room: Irish Offensive Line Class

Comment

Breaking down the various position groups that utilize Big Skill.

Big Skill
                                                        “Big Skill is profiling out – If I could take 20 guys that were tough gentlemen, that fit the profile at Notre Dame academically; were 6’4” 215 or 220 pounds, you’d never be able to track who’s playing where. Some play defensive end, some play tight end; some are safeties. That’s ‘Big Skill.’”

Scout.com: Irish Emphasis: Part III

Comment

From the South Bend Tribune. Coach Heistand is tremendous by all accounts.

Charlotte Catholic senior Mark Harrell was committed to the Irish long before Hiestand replaced former offensive line coach Ed Warinner, but has noticed the impact Hiestand has made so quickly.
                                                          “A large factor of our big offensive line haul has a lot to do with coach Hiestand,” Harrell said.
                                                          “(The current players and commits) just get a really good feeling about coach Hiestand and they all like him a lot. It seems like he's a real good coach. I've heard nothing but great things and I'm a huge fan so far.”

Notre Dame football: Hiestand making big impact - southbendtribune.com
                                                          Last edited by Me2SouthBend; 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Freebie from Inside the Irish. In the interest of full disclosure, I hated Casper's Raider teams growing up. Snake Stabler, Jack Tatum, Otis Sistrunk, uggh. Daryl Stingley's paralysis from a hit in a game against the Raiders probably sealed my hate for them. Very happy that George Atkinson had sons however! Congrats to Dave.

Former Irish TE Dave Casper named to College Football Hall of Fame | Inside the Irish

Comment

Not sure what that bot post prior to this is, but back to the team. Some guy named Keith Arnold posted this on Inside the Irish.

Predictions: 2012 might not be all that bad | Inside the Irish

Comment

read it, agreed with it... I like this Keith Arnold guy

Comment

Just a little something I wrote, err, found on Inside the Irish. If this has already been posted feel free to delete mods.
                                                                  Weekend notes: Jones, Tuck, and summer visits | Inside the Irish

Comment

Steve Beuerlein talks Notre Dame past, present and future | Inside the Irish

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9syrWnMZkSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

As if we needed another example of why we love this school and team, I give you this.

As summer begins, Irish student-athletes give back | Inside the Irish

Comment

Some interesting tidbits of info from the Subway Domer.

Shillelaghs, Megaphones, And Bragging Rights: The Final Chapter? | June

Comment

Some interesting info including some early odds on ND games for the upcoming season.

For the first time, that committed group includes Jaylon Smith. As one of the nation’s top players, Smith will carry a little bit of clout this weekend, and plans to make his own sales pitch to Alexander and Anzalone, according to Trent Adams of IrishSportsDaily.com.

“I’ve been talking to Alex Anzalone a lot and I know he’s really looking forward to this visit, hopefully I can convince him to line up next to me for the next four years,” Smith told ISD. “I know that MacKensie Alexander also decided to visit and he could be a big-time player for us at cornerback. I know we already have a solid foundation on defense in this class, but these two guys could really help us solidify ourselves as one of the top defensive classes in the nation.”

Weekend Notes: Recruiting, Freshmen, Schedules and odds | Inside the Irish

Comment

^^some good quotes by Jaylon in there. Gotta appreciate what he and the rest of the class are trying to do! Hope this week pans out for us!

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Notre Dame junior Christian Lombard 2012 player projection

This article is the first of our 2012 Player Projections series. During the summer months Blue & Gold Illustrated will be evaluating each player on Notre Dame’s projected two-deep depth chart — reviewing their careers to this point and discussing expectations for the year to come...
                                                                              Last edited by STLDomer; 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM.
                                                                              “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Nice thread.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Fifth-year senior Mike Golic 2012 season projection
                                                                                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    A little something from Inside the Irish re the RB position, current and recruiting.

Running back recruiting gets tougher with full house | Inside the Irish

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      Blast from the not too distant past. A quality young man representing the University very well.

Anello still competing in life after football | Inside the Irish
                                                                                      Last edited by Me2SouthBend; 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QDIQX6Uke_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watt, Kap, and Niklas lifting.
                                                                                        The one who knocks.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Notre Dame's crucial Year 3 countdown.

A nice comparison article.
                                                                                          I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            That vid is sick! Is that Loungo in the background motivating Niklas? Awesome and very motivating.

Accountability, Appreciation, Achievement-love it!
                                                                                            I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                                                              Notre Dame's crucial Year 3 countdown.

A nice comparison article.
                                                                                              No it's not. I posted in the other thread. Permalink # 85.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notr...tml#post722879

Add no weight training then versus now.

It's all about telling the truth.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Brief update

Irish recruits hit The Opening | Inside the Irish

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  Little something from ITI.

It’s too early to reach a true conclusion on the work that Kelly and his staff have done rebuilding the Irish roster, especially without a single Kelly recruit taking a snap as an upperclassman. And Charlie Weis’ work as a paper champion when it came to gathering faxes from highly-rated recruits shows you that topping Rivals.com’s rankings doesn’t determine your success. Yet entering season three of his tenure at Notre Dame, the work Kelly is doing on the recruiting trail, especially on the defensive side of the ball, has been undeniably impressive.

Taking a closer look at the Irish recruiting machine | Inside the Irish

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X