X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ND Players are Quitters" - Galippo

According to USC

Trojans take shots at Notre Dame - Los Angeles Usc Blog - ESPN Los Angeles
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 10-24-2011, 01:43 PM.

well, what can you say? We played like a bag of hot trash most of the game, then didn't call timeouts at the end. When you win, you get to say whatever you want, because you backed it up.

I hope we get to the point we can do that again someday.

Comment

Did Robert Hughes give Gallipo permission to speak...I just figured Gallipo was Tina and Robert Hughes was Ike after last year...

ANYWAY...we talked trash a 'lil bit about Kiffy, and we seemed to think USC was somehow going to come in here and lay down...WHO EVER comes to ND and doesn't play out of their head....especially a real rival...especially one you beat the year before...WE COME OUT FLAT...HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN...EVER?

Point is they won, they get to talk in whatever manner they so choose...
      One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

Cool.

Adds more fuel to the fire for next year.

Comment

Maybe not quitters, but they had no fight left in them. After the ridiculous fumble (that bounced perfectly to the sc player). Floyd stayed down on one knee throughout the fumble return with his head down. That says it all about what sort of game this was. NB: not in any way saying Floyd is a quitter - just that it's hard not to feel down when stuff like that happens.

Comment

Oh USC...I hate you more than ever again.

Thank you. :) Seriously, I'm glad they did this. Have respect for your rival, but hide that with crazy amounts of **** talk. It makes for a much better rivalry.
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

They definitely earned the right to trash talk just like we did last year. Just whenever they get off probation, let me know.

Comment

I don't have a problem with this comment because of the way the game was decided in the trenches as well as at the point of attack. There was no fire, no passion amongst the Irish to take control and exert their will physically. They simply got blown off the ball, and each time a USC back or receiver broke open it was like a foot race to see who couldn't tackle the guy quicker. ND isn't USC at this point, nor have they been for a decade. So, whatever. At least we didn't have multiple players being paid to play athletics for us and a fifth year senior QB taking one class, Ball Room Dancing, to stick around and try and win a title.

Comment

I ****ing hate USC.....Kiffin is a classless toolbox, so what exactly would you expect from his players....I didn't hear much from Galippo when Robert Hughes was whoring him out last year on the game winning drive....They played well, and won, so they can say whatever they want, I just know I am glad a$$holes like Galippo and Tyler didn't come here...F them...Kelly has to get this **** taken care of next year, we need to rip off 9/10 on them like they have done to us.......$HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......Sorry guys, I watched the game w/ normal people and haven't had an opportunity to properly vent.....Did I mention I loathe USC?.....What sucks is (and I know you can say if's and but's, blah, blah) if Dayne doesn't drop that snap and we score there, we win the game. They were tired, we had all the momentum and were starting to dominate them. How does that crap happen twice in one season, unreal. Gotta bounce back and win out to Stanford.
                  My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

"Nobody, and I mean nobody, comes in to our house, and pushes us around." Where is Dan Devine when you need him. I wish ND had played with this mentality. Not that they didn't, but I don't think they did for four quarters.

Comment

**** USC. That is all.

Comment

“@TheNDleprechaun: Kiffykins on ND fans: "Im sure mass was full this morning in South Bend after all the things that were said to us."

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                          Cool.

Can't wait to get trucked again!

Comment

I finally got to watch the game on Sunday and I saw no quit in ND. They easily could have given up another TD at the end but they stood their ground and USC just decided to let the time run out. Not calling timeouts....just being realistic even if they did and got the ball back still not enough time for a comeback. Getting blown off the ball....I can see that when an All-American First Round draft pick has more experience and technique versus our true freshman Tuitt. Lynch is still molded as a pass-rusher and not an all-down End. This game was huge for their progression...but I wish the outcome was different. Again I saw the offense playing well but again those mistakes like the first two weeks in the season were killer.

People giving up on ND and calling for BKs head and saying he's going to be gone are quitters. I see no quitters on the actual team.
                            I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

The most puzzling part of the comments are the use of the word "quit." You have to actually start something in order to quit, and I don't feel we ever even did that.

Comment

Kiffin seemed classy when interviewed right after the game. But it's like he can't hold it together long enough.

ND came out and got slapped in the mouth. They tried to comeback but the ugly turnovers stopped that. I wasn't that impressed with SC but they played a lot better and deserved to win.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                  I finally got to watch the game on Sunday and I saw no quit in ND. They easily could have given up another TD at the end but they stood their ground and USC just decided to let the time run out. Not calling timeouts....just being realistic even if they did and got the ball back still not enough time for a comeback. Getting blown off the ball....I can see that when an All-American First Round draft pick has more experience and technique versus our true freshman Tuitt. Lynch is still molded as a pass-rusher and not an all-down End. This game was huge for their progression...but I wish the outcome was different. Again I saw the offense playing well but again those mistakes like the first two weeks in the season were killer.

People giving up on ND and calling for BKs head and saying he's going to be gone are quitters. I see no quitters on the actual team.
                                  Can't agree more.

Comment

fumblers yes, quiters no.

Comment

Turnovers are really the number one killer for us this year. We will not be dominant until we learn how to protect the ball. I see no quit from our team or coaches.

Comment

He was referring to one very specific thing: BKs decision to not use TOs on the final drive. It's tough to tell whether that was quitting or good sportsmanship and accepting the inevitable. At the time though, it pissed me the hell off.

Comment

Originally posted by ndcoltsfan2010 View Post
                                          Turnovers are really the number one killer for us this year. We will not be dominant until we learn how to protect the ball. I see no quit from our team or coaches.
                                          I watched the game on dvr after I got back (I needed to purge the disgusting amount of alcohol from my system anyway) and I had to laugh when I saw the fumble returned for the touchdown. Honestly, how horrible does your luck have to be for that to happen twice? I'm not talking about a fumble on the 1, that happens. But against USF and USC, the ball pops up absolutely perfectly to the defender, who because of the way the ball came to him, has the whole field in front of them?

And I don't understand why people are so up in arms about USC's players saying that we didn't want any more of them. That was exactly what Cierre and others were saying about Utah last year, and I don't recall anyone chastising them for it. Kelly said it best: "to the victor goes the spoils".

Comment

Like Te'o said, the winners write the history book.

But I guarantee Galippo's butt cheeks were tight as can be when ND was about to tie it up from the 1-yard line after being down 17-0. Not much quit there.

Comment

We can't can't say anything. We have to keep our mouths shut and take it from the outside. We deserve everything being said true or not.

We built this whole thing up--music, under the lights, tons of recruites, hype out the kazoo and we came out and played like absolute crap. We deserve every smack talk out there and we have to take it. We absolutely choked on the biggest game of the year. CHOKED PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Outplayed on defense, offense, and QB. And out coached.

Now who do we respond. This will be the true testament to what ND is all about. Do we come out and dominate Navy, Wake, Maryland? This will be the measure. Not sure even on a good day we can beat Stanford right now. They absolutely toyed with Washington this weekend. Toyed! But, we have have to dominate the rest. And prove to the rest of the nation we are for real. Or are we going to be the laughing stocks again like we are up to this point. Choking at Michigan--That is exactly what we did. Choking against USF. And Choking against USC. And the nation is laughing at us.

Come out and prove the nation of the many haters of ND wrong.

GO Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why is almost everyone hating on Usc? They are FAR more superior than we are. That's why they have won 10-out of the last 11. They came in and pretty much handled us rather easily.

They have every right to talk smack at this point. Sad thing is, is that they are losing schollies every year and we STILL won't be able to beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by NDOM View Post
                                                  Why is almost everyone hating on Usc? They are FAR more superior than we are. That's why they have won 10-out of the last 11. They came in and pretty much handled us rather easily.

They have every right to talk smack at this point. Sad thing is, is that they are losing schollies every year and we STILL won't be able to beat them.
                                                  We'll see.

Comment

I havent brought myself to read any articles because most times when I read an article on fox sports or espn its done by someone who I can tell doesnt like ND, Ive had a good weekend despite this ****, ive had a good day Im not going to spoil it.
                                                    Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                      Cool.

Yes sir and consider the source. They won and thats how they express themselves after winning. What do you think-its southern cal. YOU HAVE ONE CHOICE-GET BETTER AND BEAT THEM.
                                                      Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                        “@TheNDleprechaun: Kiffykins on ND fans: "Im sure mass was full this morning in South Bend after all the things that were said to us."
                                                        That's actually kind of funny.

Comment

USC Trojans Matt Barkley doesn't back down from teammates' statements that Notre Dame quit - ESPN Los Angeles

This is embarrassing.
                                                          Last edited by kuehnja; 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

That's a lack of tack on his part. Humble winners are usually the ones that win for a long time. They'll probably loose next week because of that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                                                              That's a lack of tack on his part. Humble winners are usually the ones that win for a long time. They'll probably loose next week because of that lol.
                                                              They will lose next week because they play Stanford, and it will get ugly.

Comment

Fvck Barkley. Fvck Galippo. Fvck Tyler. Fvck Kiffin.

FVCK FUSC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                  They will lose next week because they play Stanford, and it will get ugly.
                                                                  I really hope so. Luck will put a damn clinic on them.

Comment

USC QB Matt Barkley on ESPN 710 in LA today re #NotreDame: "It seemed from our sideline and our perspective that they did give up. ..

Comment

I hate USC with a white hot passion, and even more so now. They are a bunch of punks from the players to the coaching staff and it burns me up to know they got over on ND this year like they have for much of the last decade.

Kelly needs to get this ship turned around quick because I dont know how much more I can take watching the Irish get beat down by these guys.

Definately bulletin board material for a full year.

Comment

I love it when we lose b/c the rest of the kids were going after now see this...We need to start winning.... Go IRISH
                                                                        "You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him."

Comment

Finishing Barkley's quote: "... It seemed uncharacteristic of Notre Dame. I wouldn't have wanted to have been on that sideline."

Comment

Even better... talk about wanting to beat the **** out of an USC fan man lol.... I need to release my anger....

NEXT YR.
                                                                            "You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him."

Comment

• #39
                                                                              And cue the backpeddling

@ChrisGalippo: If I offended anyone w/ my post game comments Saturday, I apologize. I have great respect for ND players and their program

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Just a reminder that you reap what you sow. Where are the Skunkbears after the "little brother" comments directed at MSU?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Notre Dame had 3 timeouts with over 6 minutes left to play. USC ran the ball 10 times all the way down to the 2 yard line. So I would say YES, our coach quit!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    In a strange way, Galippo's comment is welcomed by me. As a Coach I would always be wondering how my team would respond after a crappy-feeling loss. Now this thug calls them all out as quitters. Now shift brains into those of our players. How do Te'o, Floyd, Martin, Cave, KLM, Robinson, Watt, Eifert, Smith, and whoever else qualifies as one of the Men on this team react??

Kelly got handed a hot anger producing gift from Mr. USC Thugness. Not for next year either---for next practice. I think that these guys will be mad as hell.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      We all knew coming into this season that we weren't painfully thin on the DL and in the secondary. USC smartly ran right at our freshman DL all game, which is why they were moving the ball at will on us. Motta goes out with a concussion, and USC immediately lines up Robert Woods on RS freshman Lo Wood for a touchdown.

I don't view it as giving up so much as realizing that injuries had put us in a hole out of which we couldn't hope to climb. At that point, it was just damage control.
                                                                                      Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 10-24-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        My oldest son plays elite soccer down here in North Carolina. He has a chance to be something special (it is up to him to see how much). As I brought him up the number one thing that I taught him is to be humble in a loss but even more so in a win.

They have a right to say what they will but I don't like it and I don't think Pat Haden liked it. Mr. Haden has a lot of respect for Notre Dame and it is obvious. It's one thing to be confident and another to be cocky.

I hope that this will help in the pyschhology dept. with the team. Trying not to give excuses but for the 2nd game this year a fumble at our goal line for a 14 point turn around. A backwards lateral fumble-half of the battle is mental and this would deflate anyone.

My take is that these types of games will help us learn to win in the future. To me the future is bright.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          They just said on ESPN that Lane called Kelly and aplogized for the comments.
                                                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                                            They just said on ESPN that Lane called Kelly and aplogized for the comments.
                                                                                            Yeah, that is probably b/c Pat Haden forced him to. I am sure that ND players have said negative things in the past but I have no respect for negative talk. It is one thing to be confident in your swag. Make a big hit and celebrate but when it is said and done you be humble and look to the next opponent.

Watching the 30 for 30 about the "U" made me sick. Yes it was entertaining but it was gangster throughout the episode and celebrated by several different coaches. Now look at them. I think Al Golden will do a good job for them though.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Hopefully this just one more example of the USC football program that makes me feel about it the way that I do and is turning me into a one week only Stanford fan. BSing amongst yourselves is one thing but running your mouth to the press is another and payback has a long memory.
                                                                                              Notre Dame the institution does not have the reputation of spitting the bit and it will take much more than one disappointing football game to dim that aura.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                As was said previously in the thread, I think this could not have come at a more perfect time. More so than at any other point in this season, this loss could allow players to use an excuse to throw in the towel (although I do not think that would happen after witnessing this team's resiliency last year). I really think these comments enable Kelly to practice hard as possible this week without worrying about the players mental psyche.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Hopefully our kids will use those words as inspiration for the rest of the year and remember them well when they meet again next year and make them beg for mercy. I don't mind a little trash talk and it can often be used to wake you up when you are the recipient!

Teo will have one more chance to write history should he choose to come back next year...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    On a similar note, one thing that I found kind of surprising was seeing Robert Blanton run straight to the locker room after the final whistle blew, skipping the alma mater. Not sure if the emotion or frustration got to him..

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X