What is the "uniform surprise"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Well if you are ok with the Nazi blood money that funded Adidas, then go to Adolph's brother over at Puma and have them get into football. Puma shiit is off the hook right now. And their golf stuff is live too.

F**k all that. Go Jordan, it's what the kids LOOOOVE.

*** Oh, and I personally love the UA deal for me. Great golf swag and the shoes are not just the most comfortable walk around kicks you'll ever own but they look like 1 meeeelion dollars.
    Errr the way that I understand it is that Adi's brother who later founded Puma was the real Nazi.
    Last edited by zelezo vlk; 11-19-2020, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• You guys are all sleeping on the real dark horse......

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
        Errr the way that I understand it is that Adi's brother who later founded Puma was the real Nazi.
        There is a great book out there about this: Sneaker Wars - The Enemy Brothers Who Founded Adidas and Puma and the Family Feud that Forever Changed the Business of Sports.

Also, there is a podcast called Business Wars and they do a series on Nike vs Adidas and touch on the Adidas/Puma situation.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING // Jordan Brand announces a new footwear &amp; apparel deal with <a href="https://twitter.com/UCLA?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@UCLA</a>. <a href="https://t.co/GmmOJbRKze">pic.twitter.com/GmmOJbRKze</a></p>&mdash; Nick DePaula (@NickDePaula) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/status/1336355567812575232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• BC ending uniform deal with Under Armor

https://collegead.com/newsfeed/boston-college-6/

Comment

• Claypool signed a deal with Jordan brand, 1 of 4 receivers that has a deal with Jordan.

I would prefer Notre Dame to cut ties with Under Armour and switch to Jordan.

Comment

• Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Claypool signed a deal with Jordan brand, 1 of 4 receivers that has a deal with Jordan.

No thank you, UA is quality stuff.

Have bought some Adidas gear recently and they have some weird stuff now, wouldn't want ND to back with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Claypool signed a deal with Jordan brand, 1 of 4 receivers that has a deal with Jordan.

No way. ND would always be overshadowed by the brand itself. Plus, the jumpman logo looks super weird on football gear.

Comment

• it it's true that UA cleats are terrible and the players hate them then that's enough reason for me for ND to switch brands
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                      No way. ND would always be overshadowed by the brand itself. Plus, the jumpman logo looks super weird on football gear.
                      Does the brand stuff really matter? Do people really care? I'm old and out of touch with this stuff.
                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                        Does the brand stuff really matter? Do people really care? I'm old and out of touch with this stuff.
                        unfortunately yes...much more in basketball though however it still plays a part in football...really no different than facilities being upgraded w/ over the top stuff
                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                          unfortunately yes...much more in basketball though however it still plays a part in football...really no different than facilities being upgraded w/ over the top stuff
                          I knew in basketball it was big just never heard anyone discuss a football recruit actually caring. I always thought our TV agreement was a bigger deal. I wonder how we would be perceived if we had an ESPN deal and were getting talked up by the network on a consistent basis.
                          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Anyone know the underlining issue as to why UA and all these teams are ending their sponsorship?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                              it it's true that UA cleats are terrible and the players hate them then that's enough reason for me for ND to switch brands
                              Iím with you on this. Remember, UA is an apparel company that evolved into adding footwear whereas Nike & adidas were shoe companies first and then evolved into apparel. How many ND guys in football & basketball go on to sign w/ UA in the pros?

I notice in baseball that rookies who start w/ UA switch to Nike or adidas when they become stars. I wouldnít want ND to be a Jordan brand but would be fine w/ switching to Nike strictly from a personal preference. I never understood fans concerned w/ ND being the #1 priority team for whatever apparel brand they sign a deal with. Itís all about the money I suspect so until that changes, ND will likely follow that recipe. The only time I remember ND wearing Nike was when they wore their cleats in the early 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDisme View Post
                                Anyone know the underlining issue as to why UA and all these teams are ending their sponsorship?
                                they are broke as fvck

Comment

• Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                  they are broke as fvck
                                  Gotcha haha

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                    I love it actually....I would have to file for bankruptcy if ND every goes Jumpman.
                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                      I love it actually....I would have to file for bankruptcy if ND every goes Jumpman.
                                      agree. The players would freak out. I know for a fact they hate UA's shit. I coach basketball at a High School sponsored by UA, gear is okay, but the shoes are absolute trash.

I hope ND moves on

Comment

• Id be okay with Nike but not putting a basketball player on everything ND

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                          Nike is trash. I miss Adidas tbh.
                                          Adidas was the best brand when i used them-UA doesnt look as good in my opinion maybe its the fit as to how they choose but i am an adidas man for sure. Last championship was in adidas and Lou liked em-put me down for adidas. UA is too flashy and cheap looking.
                                          Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by irishtrain View Post
                                            Adidas was the best brand when i used them-UA doesnt look as good in my opinion maybe its the fit as to how they choose but i am an adidas man for sure. Last championship was in adidas and Lou liked em-put me down for adidas. UA is too flashy and cheap looking.
                                            Lou's teams never wore Adidas, they wore Champion.

They didn't switch to Adidas until 2001.

Wasn't a fan of Adidas' jerseys or apparel. Not the biggest fan of UA either, but I do prefer the apparel over their's.

I would be okay with going back to Adidas, because I really don't like Nike. Politically, but more so their quality of shoes are absolute trash. UA's aren't much better, but man Nike's quality is pure utter doo-doo.

But if we go back to Adidas, they really need to do better than what we had before.
                                            Last edited by Crazy Balki; 01-15-2021, 01:50 AM.
                                            It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                                              Lou's teams never wore Adidas, they wore Champion.

They didn't switch to Adidas until 2001.
                                              Correct. They wore Champion unis but they did wear adidas cleats for the natty before switching to Reebok cleats. Reebok had a decent run w/ cleats for college & pro sports in the 1990s. adidas eventually acquired them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                agree. The players would freak out. I know for a fact they hate UA's shit. I coach basketball at a High School sponsored by UA, gear is okay, but the shoes are absolute trash.

I hope ND moves on
                                                As much as I despise Nike for political reasons, they still have about 75% of the entire shoe market. Under Armour apparel isn't bad and not as expensive as it used to be, but they have a long way to go with shoes.

I'd throw a party if ND went back to Adidas and the 1992 style unis.
                                                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• I honestly couldn't give a crap except that I want to win games. If the kids we recruit like the jumpman, I want to go jumpman.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college/bostoncol...e-apparel-deal

Boston College has a new footwear and apparel deal with New Balance, according to a report in the Sports Business Journal today. The much rumored deal is for ten years and is worth 50% more per student. Per the article there will be a series of other benefits for the school:
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• https://www.reuters.com/business/und...es-2021-05-03/

U.S. sports apparel maker Under Armour Inc (UAA.N) has agreed to pay $9 million to settle Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charges that it misled investors about its revenue growth, the agency said on Monday.

The SEC found that Under Armour failed to disclose to investors that it employed a sales tactic to accelerate or "pull forward" a total of $408 million in existing orders in the second half of 2015 after a warm winter began to hurt sales of the company's higher-priced cold weather apparel that customers had requested be shipped in future quarters.

Maryland-based Under Armour did not admit to or deny the SEC's charges, the regulator said in its order.

"This settlement relates to the company's disclosures and does not include any allegations from the SEC that sales during these periods did not comply with generally accepted accounting principles," Under Amour said in a statement.

For six consecutive quarters beginning in the third quarter of 2015, the SEC found that Under Armour misleadingly attributed its revenue growth to various factors without disclosing to investors material information about the impacts of its pull forward practices. It also found that the company's use of pull forwards raised significant uncertainty as to whether it would meet its revenue guidance in future quarters.

The company has agreed to cease and desist the practice, which is a violation of U.S. antifraud provisions, the SEC said.

"When public companies describe how they achieved financial results, they must not misstate any information that is material to investors," said Kurt Gottschall, who leads the SEC's Denver regional office.

"By using pull forwards for several consecutive quarters to meet analysts' revenue targets while attributing its revenue growth to other factors, Under Armour created a misleading picture of the drivers of its financial results and concealed known uncertainties concerning its business," he added.
                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• The sooner we break from UA, the better. How much longer is the apparel deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

The sooner we break from UA, the better. How much longer is the apparel deal?
                                                            The contract started in 2014 and was a 10 year deal

Comment

• Hopefully Puma keeps building their brand with Hip Hip fans and becomes an option. Green/Yellow suede Clyde's??? Yeah baby.

Comment

Hopefully Puma keeps building their brand with Hip Hip fans and becomes an option. Green/Yellow suede Clyde's??? Yeah baby.
                                                                Nike, Adidas, and I'll throw PUMA a bone because I also like some of their stuff. I'd really be pleased if we went Nike. I think it's time to give them a shot and see what they can do with the brand.

Comment

• Sketchers or bust

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Nike, Adidas, and I'll throw PUMA a bone because I also like some of their stuff. I'd really be pleased if we went Nike. I think it's time to give them a shot and see what they can do with the brand.
                                                                    I am cool with keeping UA, I have enjoyed all their gear. It holds up a lot better than the adidas stuff I have

Comment

Hopefully Puma keeps building their brand with Hip Hip fans and becomes an option. Green/Yellow suede Clyde's??? Yeah baby.
                                                                      I actually just told someone the other day that Puma has probably made some of my favorite clothing ever.

Their basketball shoes are easily my go-tos right now for pickup. I like them better than my KD's, Curry's, and Kyries. Their shorts and shirts are made from great materials as well.

Could definitely support the idea of making that change.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                      Working...
                                                                      X