Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the "uniform surprise"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the "uniform surprise"?

    I've been hearing some whispers about a big uniform surprise for the SC game. Whats the story? Someone around here has to know...

  • #2
    I don't want to know. I want to be surprised.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ShamrockOnHelmet View Post
      I've been hearing some whispers about a big uniform surprise for the SC game. Whats the story? Someone around here has to know...
      all black with gold socks, gold shoes, gold undershirts and gold facemask. also gold shamrock on black helmet.

      Comment


      • #4
        Going Bare @ss no truth to Irish curse!!!!!
        One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
        Knute Rockne

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tko View Post
          all black with gold socks, gold shoes, gold undershirts and gold facemask. also gold shamrock on black helmet.
          Did you forget to use the sarcastic font?

          Comment


          • #6
            During one of the Thursday "Brian Kelly Radio Show" someone asked if him we would see the green jerseys again this year and he said he had something planned for the USC game, and that you could put two and two together.
            Prehistoric

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
              Did you forget to use the sarcastic font?
              yes i did, sorry. can you imagine that hideous combination? i'd actually like to see us wear the unis we wore for the michigan game with green jersey version.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tko View Post
                yes i did, sorry. can you imagine that hideous combination? i'd actually like to see us wear the unis we wore for the michigan game with green jersey version.
                That's what I thought. I agree with a green variation of the Michigan unis. At the same time though I would kinda like to see ND come out with black jerseys for a game. Green numbers and gold pants. Like a classy version of the Nike Pro Combats.

                But I'm not surprised the green jerseys would be coming out for USC. Wonder if Kelly will mix them up from last years against Army.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                  During one of the Thursday "Brian Kelly Radio Show" someone asked if him we would see the green jerseys again this year and he said he had something planned for the USC game, and that you could put two and two together.
                  Well, thats just it, though. Green jerseys would hardly be a surprise to anyone. The buzz I'm hearing is that its a legit surprise....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I thought the green jerseys were for the Maryland neutral site game?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                      I thought the green jerseys were for the Maryland neutral site game?
                      That's what I thought. BK's response to the USC jerseys was something along the lines of, "Not even Oregon is doing this."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm usually on top of these things, but I have no idea what they will be doing. They have been very silent on the matter.

                        It would be nice if a reporter flat out asked Coach Kelly about his comment saying we'd be doing something even Oregon hasn't done---instead of dur dur dur, green jerseys??

                        My gut reaction is that they won't be messing with the helmets. I think the shamrock for one game was enough for this year, using it again wouldn't have the same effect, and doing anything drastic with the helmets might not be a good idea.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          JUST SAY NO to black jerseys. No no no no no.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, I'm not a fan of messing with the helmets. They are the quintessential part of the Notre Dame uniform.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                              JUST SAY NO to black jerseys. No no no no no.


                              The Black Jersey Theory

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                JUST SAY NO to black jerseys. No no no no no.
                                That can't be it. Not when Oregon has done that 36,000 times since 2000 and so have dozens of other teams. That would be a disappointment.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                  Yeah, I've seen a lot of this, especially in the past week with Al Davis dying. I don't really think it matters. Notre Dame is blue and gold. Sometimes green. Wearing a black jersey is way too gimmicky for me.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    TheNDLeprechaun via Twitter:

                                    All you Notre Dame fans better buy somethin GREEN to wear on Oct 22 so you can match the team! (oops... did I leak that?!) #GoIrish

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      USC is supposed to be wearing a new uniform designed by Nike at some point this year, I did not hear that it would be against us, but I heard Stanford also has one of these uniforms too (as does MSU) and they will wear them against ND, instead of cardinal red and white, it'll be cardinal red and black.

                                      I dont think ND is wearing anything different. Please for the love of m&m's I don't want the green jerseys. It would be pretty sweet if they came out with helmets that say FUSC. hahaha

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                        JUST SAY NO to black jerseys. No no no no no.
                                        I agree.

                                        Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                        Yeah, I'm not a fan of messing with the helmets. They are the quintessential part of the Notre Dame uniform.
                                        Or the pants.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                          TheNDLeprechaun via Twitter:
                                          Well frig. I hate those freakin jerseys.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            I guess they made green shirts that say "Lights On". Im guessing they are wearing green and it will be a green out

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              What else could they be doing other than wearing green jerseys. I feel like there is more. Green pants too??

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Fake red beards so the QB can't read Teo's lips when he calls out defensive signals.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by IndyIrishFan1 View Post
                                                  What else could they be doing other than wearing green jerseys. I feel like there is more. Green pants too??
                                                  Different helmets

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by IndyIrishFan1 View Post
                                                    What else could they be doing other than wearing green jerseys. I feel like there is more. Green pants too??
                                                    I hate hate hate hate the green jerseys! Please don't let there be more. GAG.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by k1ssme1m1r1sh View Post
                                                      I hate hate hate hate the green jerseys! Please don't let there be more. GAG.
                                                      Why don't you like the green? I'm a big fan. I do like saving them for special occasions, but if they decided to switch up and wear green for a whole year and only wear blue once, I'd be cool with that, too. What is there to hate about the greens? Pure class.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                        Yeah, I've seen a lot of this, especially in the past week with Al Davis dying. I don't really think it matters. Notre Dame is blue and gold. Sometimes green. Wearing a black jersey is way too gimmicky for me.

                                                        Black Jersey theory doesn't apply to the Raiders. It is for teams that don't have black as a primary uniform color.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          What about gold jerseys? With white pants or green. Would that be too tacky?
                                                          Yes, I remember, I had lasagna.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by Otto View Post
                                                            What about gold jerseys? With white pants or green. Would that be too tacky?

                                                            Don't think white or green pants would happen.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Black jerseys with gold numbers would be pretty sick. I don't think they would do it but I really wouldn't be opposed.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                                Why don't you like the green? I'm a big fan. I do like saving them for special occasions, but if they decided to switch up and wear green for a whole year and only wear blue once, I'd be cool with that, too. What is there to hate about the greens? Pure class.
                                                                I just don't like them. They don't look like ND to me. I like the Navy Blue. Call me old fashioned.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                  Black jerseys with gold numbers would be pretty sick. I don't think they would do it but I really wouldn't be opposed.
                                                                  That would be awesome!

                                                                  I mean it.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    .
                                                                    Last edited by kuehnja; 10-13-2011, 02:28 PM.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                      "All you Notre Dame fans better buy somethin GREEN to wear on Oct 22 so you can match the team! (oops... did I leak that?!) #GoIrish"

                                                                      just tweeted by the ND leprechaun. i think its official now boys

                                                                      Posted by ReesesPieces in game-day thread.
                                                                      Which was already posted in this thread 30 minutes before Rees' Pieces' post.

                                                                      Quick, let's alert all the other threads!1one

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                        Which was already posted in this thread 30 minutes before Rees' Pieces' post.

                                                                        Quick, let's alert all the other threads!1one
                                                                        Which I'm direct quoting to once again, add tarnish.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Have we ever had gold jerseys?
                                                                          Prehistoric

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                            Black Jersey theory doesn't apply to the Raiders. It is for teams that don't have black as a primary uniform color.
                                                                            They are credited with starting the black jersey trend, though.

                                                                            The Most Influential Sports Uniform Ever

                                                                            A key passage from the above article:

                                                                            After hip-hop culture demonstrated how powerful and lucrative the Raiders' brand halo—or brand penumbra—could be, the NFL uniform catalog added, along with the Texans, the black-helmeted Baltimore Ravens and the black-helmeted Jacksonville Jaguars. The Carolina Panthers chose silver helmets, but paired them with black jerseys, drawing a short-lived lawsuit from Davis.

                                                                            And those were just the expansion and relocation teams. Among established teams, the Atlanta Falcons switched from red helmets to black. The Seahawks, Rams, Eagles, and Buccaneers all darkened their color schemes. Teams like the Lions, Eagles and Cardinals, who had never worn black, brought out black alternate jerseys. Even teams that never wore black jerseys on the field started selling them as souvenirs.

                                                                            Nor did it stop with the NFL. Ask New York Mets fans. Or Oakland A's fans. Or Boston Celtics fans—not even the most successful and distinctive team in the NBA could resist the lure of adding black to its green-and-white scheme.
                                                                            See the Ohio University football players hollering and falling to the floor in ecstasy at the chance to finally, finally, finally wear a jersey that's not in their school colors.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                              Black jerseys with gold numbers would be pretty sick. I don't think they would do it but I really wouldn't be opposed.
                                                                              I think this would be sweet as well. Maybe a black clover on the helmet.
                                                                              Prehistoric

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                                                They are credited with starting the black jersey trend, though.

                                                                                The Most Influential Sports Uniform Ever

                                                                                A key passage from the above article:

                                                                                The trend and theory are different. :)

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by k1ssme1m1r1sh View Post
                                                                                  I just don't like them. They don't look like ND to me. I like the Navy Blue. Call me old fashioned.
                                                                                  i love them also they remind me of Devine and that alone is worth keeping the tradition alive... i feel we need to wear green like the Army game last yr.. and have a green out with green pom poms for the old folks to wave...
                                                                                  "You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him."

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    and come out of a Trojan Horse.. lol
                                                                                    "You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him."

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Where USC is concerned, we need to "Redeem the Green"!!
                                                                                      Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                        I guess they made green shirts that say "Lights On". Im guessing they are wearing green and it will be a green out
                                                                                        If this is true, wouldn't it make sense to have "the shirt" be green every year for if/when they want to have the green-out games? (Has ND ever had a white-out/blue-out game?)

                                                                                        From '02-'04 "the shirt" was green 3 years in a row and it was very easy to coordinate a green-out game when 1/2 the stadium already has green shirts.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by irishtrinity View Post
                                                                                          and come out of a Trojan Horse.. lol
                                                                                          The Notre Dame Fighting Greeks!

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                            The Notre Dame Fighting Greeks!
                                                                                            Not really picking it up, that fast at all.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              All of you are way off and wrong. Do you want to know what is going to happen?
                                                                                              Read the tea leaves:
                                                                                              1.Kelly says we're doing something no one has ever done before.
                                                                                              2.Equipment manager leaks it has something to do with green.

                                                                                              The Answer is....

                                                                                              They're bodypainting green jerseys onto the players.We are starting a revolution once again,this time in nudity.Hey,at least it will help our speed without all the bulk.lol.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irish4Life09 View Post
                                                                                                All of you are way off and wrong. Do you want to know what is going to happen?
                                                                                                Read the tea leaves:
                                                                                                1.Kelly says we're doing something no one has ever done before.
                                                                                                2.Equipment manager leaks it has something to do with green.

                                                                                                The Answer is....

                                                                                                They're bodypainting green jerseys onto the players.We are starting a revolution once again,this time in nudity.Hey,at least it will help our speed without all the bulk.lol.
                                                                                                As long as the cheerleaders are participating, I'm in.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Entry into the stadium will be contingent upon donning a green man suit.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                                                                                    As long as the cheerleaders are participating, I'm in.
                                                                                                    Only the female cheerleaders....lol

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X