"Big 3" Defensive Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Big 3" Defensive Recruits

If you were in charge, how would you handle Tuitt, Williams, and Lynch's freshman year?

*this was supposed to be a poll, but I screwed that up.

1) Play em now, and play em often, the time is NOW!
    2) Play them sparingly in blowouts
    3) Redshirt ther whole lot, we dont need them until 2012
    4) Redshirt (insert name(s)), but play (insert name(s))
    5) No opinion
    Last edited by IrishSteelhead; 07-15-2011, 08:22 PM.

Who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
      If you were in charge, how would you handle Tuitt, Williams, and Lynch's freshman year?
      The simplest answer is to have them as the #2s behind EJ, Fleming, and KLM.

I'm sure we'll see Ishaq and Aaron in on most obvious passing downs as well.

Comment

I think all three are to damn good not to play this year, just like Whiskeyjack said play in the 2 spot...what a great postion to be in- talent level does not drop off between 1 and 2 string.

The real quesion will be about Councell, Niklas, and Rabasa...I am pretty sure they will get red shirted (don't even think of gving me the "Nd does not Redshirt" comment).!
        "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
          I think all three are to damn good not to play this year, just like Whiskeyjack said play in the 2 spot...what a great postion to be in- talent level does not drop off between 1 and 2 string.

The real quesion will be about Councell, Niklas, and Rabasa...I am pretty sure they will get red shirted (don't even think of gving me the "Nd does not Redshirt" comment).!
          It's pretty awesome to know we have those guys saving eligibility and just getting better and stronger. The depth is getting exciting. I find myself going over the roster and current class again and again just to get amped about the potential.

Comment

I like BKs theory that the best man plays. I want our best players on the field as much as possible so if any of them beat out the current number 1s play em!

Comment

ND doesn't redshirt, they just let the seniors apply for a 5th year.

But in my view I believe all of the Big 3 defensive recruits with get almost the same amount of playing time as the starters. This bodes well considering the defense should always be rested.
              Last edited by military_irish; 07-15-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

IMO Lynch and Tuitt will play right away. Ishaq is a freak. I think Kelly believes his team is good enough where they dont need to start against South Florida. But they will all play freshman year no doubt. Too good to red shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                  ND doesn't redshirt, they just let the seniors apply for a 5th year.

But in my view I believe all of the Big 3 defensive recruits with get almost the same amount of playing time as the starters. This bodes well considering the defense should always be rested.
                  DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
                  "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                    It's pretty awesome to know we have those guys saving eligibility and just getting better and stronger. The depth is getting exciting. I find myself going over the roster and current class again and again just to get amped about the potential.
                    Man I am with you....also, was listening to POWER HOUR, and to hear Coach D get excited ...makes these two months crawwwwwwwwwwwwllllll!

Comment

Man I am with you....also, was listening to POWER HOUR, and to hear Coach D get excited ...makes these two months crawwwwwwwwwwwwllllll!
                      Is there a transcript for power hour? or online video? I really want to hear what Diaco had to say

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post
                        Is there a transcript for power hour? or online video? I really want to hear what Diaco had to say
                        Here you go Canuck! What province you in?

Irish Sports Daily Power Hour

Comment

Originally posted by jmurphy75 View Post
                          I like BKs theory that the best man plays. I want our best players on the field as much as possible so if any of them beat out the current number 1s play em!
                          I think that all three have the potential to be better than their predecessors, but KLM, EJ, and Fleming are miles and miles ahead in terms of understanding the schemes and assignments, as well as physically.

All three frosh will play a ton of minutes.

Comment

For several reasons: (1) they aren't ready to start, but they likely deserve spots on the two-deep based on ability alone; (2) Diaco likes to rotate his defenders frequently to keep 'em fresh, so even at #2, they'll get lots of reps, and we'll need them in 2012; (3) if these three develop like we're expecting them to, we will probably lose 1-2 to the NFL a year early, so we've got to play them while we have them.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me to see Lynch be a starter before the season is over, especially if Cwynar ends up not being 100% and EJ or KLM has to move inside to NT.

Comment

play them now

Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post

*this was supposed to be a poll, but I screwed that up.

2) Play them sparingly in blowouts
                                3) Redshirt ther whole lot, we dont need them until 2012
                                4) Redshirt (insert name(s)), but play (insert name(s))
                                5) No opinion
                                1) play them now if they are ready to play by the 1st game... the coaching staff needs to keep it real with them..from the start they were told they'd get playing time from the start so lets keep it real... lynch for sure will get alott of playing time... hopefully everyone else falls in line.. Go Irish!!

Comment

All three of those guys are going to destroy opponents' passing games, immediately. I am much more interested in how Diaco will get Hardy, Jackson, Wood, Brown, Atkinson [whatever mix of them] some playing time to game-harden them for next year. And by that I mean real DB time, not just special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                    For several reasons: (1) they aren't ready to start, but they likely deserve spots on the two-deep based on ability alone; (2) Diaco likes to rotate his defenders frequently to keep 'em fresh, so even at #2, they'll get lots of reps, and we'll need them in 2012; (3) if these three develop like we're expecting them to, we will probably lose 1-2 to the NFL a year early, so we've got to play them while we have them.
                                    I agree that playing them when they are ready is the way to go. The better they are, the more likely they are to leave early for the NFL. Probably the only reason to red shirt a player is to increase his muscle mass and stamina, especially on the O-line.
                                    Perhaps the new rookie wage scale in the NFL will change this.

Comment

Here you go Canuck! What province you in?

Irish Sports Daily Power Hour
                                      Thanks! Im the Pride of Ontario, too few ND fans up here. Lots of Michigan fans though :(

Comment

I say all 3 guys will see plenty of playing time this season. These kids have the talent and ability to contribute almost immediately and I see them rotating in on a constant basis thus ensuring everyone is fresh. It is nice having the depth this year that we have not had in a long time. Looking forward to seeing these guys take the field.

Comment

all 3 are going to see time...like coach kelly has said before he will trust his defenisve coaches to put them and the best situation to use their skills best...make them think very little and just play.

don't forget about schwenke making a big stride this year. tuitt will come into camp behind him on the depth chart and i'm really looking forward to hearing about this battle for p.t.
                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I'm still waiting for Heggie Bear to prove all the haters wrong!!!

Comment

I know we didnt see it much last yr (and hopefully it improves this year) but the speed kelly likes to run his offense at usually means the D is on the field ALOT, which means the other teams O gets alot of plays..... I see their fresh legs coming in during the second halfs and beating up on the opposing O-Line. then of course i wouldnt be surprised to see Lynch crack the starting line up eventually either.
                                              C_ck_ _ckers ..... Wouldnt be a word if OSU wasn't there

Comment

I think Lynch will get a ton of playing time. Ishaq could also get quite a bit of time, but i haven't heard a ton about his development at olb. That being said, he is a freakish athlete with great size. It will be hard for Diaco to keep him off the field for too long. Tuitt is the wildcard to me. Hes a mobile mountain, but is behind some talented and experienced DEs.

In the end they all see the field. Too talented of players to keep on the bench.
                                                "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

There are zero reports on Tuitt to say. Lynch and Ishaq are both in positions where they can contribute in certian situations, both play. Tuitt, I say let him practice and see how he does. Like Kona last year i would sit him unless he proves that burning a year of eligibility is worth doing so.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X